AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-07, 15:05   Link #21
Kyuu
=^^=

Back in like 5th or 6th grade... I used to be so good at this game -- such that I knew how to get to the final boss on one-life. Yet, I regret to have never beaten that boss...

Now that I am very old. No way can I do something like that.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 16:09   Link #22
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Oho, a Ninja Gaiden original! 1 had a frustrating level (6-1 to 6-3), 2 had annoying weather changes/dark areas, and 3 had platforming parts that were maddening. Not to mention it was the only one in the original trilogy that didn't have unlimited continues.
Old 2011-06-10, 22:47   Link #23
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

As forementioned, this time the challenge is from the NES version of Battletoads!

Basic rules stay the same, but the goal is different this time. Check the first post for full details!

EDIT 1: I actually bloody beat the turbo tunnel! *has a little cry* My heart's actually still pounding. I did end up using one of my continues so I cut out the 7 minutes before that for the video and started from when I continued. I really hoped I wouldn't have wasted a continue already, since the later levels are even more difficult>.>

EDIT 2: Wasted another continue on Surf City; the level that I ironically described as "not as difficult". However, I pushed on and beat Levels 4-6. Wait...that means...Volkmire's Inferno... ;_;

Ragnarok's Canyon
Wookie Hole
Turbo Tunnel
Arctic Caverns
Surf City
Karnath's Lair

EDIT 3: Curse you, Volkmire's Inferno. So, I lost my last continue and the game ended. I'll place my score at Level 7, Volkmire's Inferno. As of videos; if I get any requests to play it again, I'll use savestates after each level and attempt to show how to beat them in a Let's Play style. If not, I'll just leave it at that.

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2011-06-11 at 23:55.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
challenge, game, retro