AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-06-20, 00:43   Link #4921
HasuMasu
*Artist

i have a question for anyone here who knows med:

a few days ago, i noticed one of my fingers haveing a purply/redish blotch on it

it hurt when i put pressure

and it's gotten bigger over the past days

so i wondered, what is it?

i initially thought my finger was dying, but i'm no doctor, so what could it be?

a blood clot?

do i have to give a picture? it may not be very visible if i do though

thanks in advance
Old 2011-06-20, 01:30   Link #4922
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Give us a picture. It could be anything from a simple rash to petechial bleeds to even a hemangioma.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 02:06   Link #4923
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Give us a picture. It could be anything from a simple rash to petechial bleeds to even a hemangioma.
i googled those, and i didn't quite find any pictures that matched

thing is, you can barely notice it, much less capture it on camera

you can make it more apparent by applying cold water and pressure, but a picture still can't pick it up

i couldn't quite find anything matching it, maybe it's nothing, i had something simmilar when my hand was stepped on before

except, i can't quite find a reason for this, it just appeared
Old 2011-06-20, 02:34   Link #4924
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
So I'm being dragged to a con in the fall and I'm going to go all-out with the lolita fashion. I've found the dress I want, the perfect headpiece and stockings and all that, but what I'm having trouble with is shoes.

I need some Mary Janes, but there's a problem. I'm pretty tall, almost six feet, so I don't want high-platform heels, but that's all I can seem to find. If anyone knows where I could find (simple and cute, not crazy French-fashion style or anything with pointy toes) patent black or white, or leather-texture black or white, chunky Mary Janes without tremendously huge platform heels, I'd appreciate it!

My shoe size is 10.5 US, but I can sometimes wear 10 or 11 depending on the shoe.
Old 2011-06-20, 05:40   Link #4925
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
i googled those, and i didn't quite find any pictures that matched

thing is, you can barely notice it, much less capture it on camera

you can make it more apparent by applying cold water and pressure, but a picture still can't pick it up

i couldn't quite find anything matching it, maybe it's nothing, i had something simmilar when my hand was stepped on before

except, i can't quite find a reason for this, it just appeared
If it's reactive to temperature and pressure it's usually benign. It's either small inconspicuous bleeds or atopic reactions for reasons unknown origin (yep "unknown origin" is an actual medical classification). Should be fine unless it actually enlarges beyond a centimeter.
Old 2011-06-21, 14:12   Link #4926
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Now I have got a full time job bagging myself a measly bare minimum of $1600 per month, I am thinking of with-holding my studies while working for 12-18 months to build enough capital and make a stock portfolio, rejecting a offer for part-time degree studies.

Am I doing something wrong with this idea? I am a little tired of studying for nothing; being spoonfed all the unapplicable and unrealistic trash (academic economics - they don't even differentiate between money stock and money supply, or even money market or loanable funds in the syllabus!) for a degree, but I need the degree as well as job experience. But I am 23 this year and no longer young, so withholding the degree would be like prolonging my "settle-down" job as a financial analyst and building my credibility in the long term. However, building a proper portfolio provides a significantly stronger credibility than a degree, but that is going to take a year or two, around the same amount of time spent which I could have gotten a "milled" degree with.

Comments and suggestions please.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 17:42   Link #4927
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Now I have got a full time job bagging myself a measly bare minimum of $1600 per month, I am thinking of with-holding my studies while working for 12-18 months to build enough capital and make a stock portfolio, rejecting a offer for part-time degree studies.

Am I doing something wrong with this idea? I am a little tired of studying for nothing; being spoonfed all the unapplicable and unrealistic trash (academic economics - they don't even differentiate between money stock and money supply, or even money market or loanable funds in the syllabus!) for a degree, but I need the degree as well as job experience. But I am 23 this year and no longer young, so withholding the degree would be like prolonging my "settle-down" job as a financial analyst and building my credibility in the long term. However, building a proper portfolio provides a significantly stronger credibility than a degree, but that is going to take a year or two, around the same amount of time spent which I could have gotten a "milled" degree with.

Comments and suggestions please.
Whether you realize it or not, this is an investment question. Since you seem to have an interest in investing, as well as an academic background in economics, you're in the best position to answer this question yourself.

I'll give my take on it anyway: if you have a degree, your chances of getting a higher-paid job are greater than without a degree. Your chances of making it big in the stock market are very low, and in that area, it takes money to make money. Getting the degree sooner will improve your prospects of a higher-paying job (which means more money earned in your life), which also means more money available to use in the stock market.
Old 2011-06-21, 19:43   Link #4928
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I'm 27 and only on the second year of my degree. It wasn't my choice to start this late (thanks asshole parents) but now I'm doing it. Yeah, I'll be over thirty by the time I'm done, but it's better than playing revolving-door call center CSR for $10 an hour...
Old 2011-06-21, 22:06   Link #4929
LMF

1600 per month is not bad at all. Especially at the age of 22. Wish I was in your shoes.
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 16:25   Link #4930
Tiberium Wolf

Can anyone point me to comedians with foul language and jokes like George Carlin?
Old 2011-06-23, 04:35   Link #4931
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Whether you realize it or not, this is an investment question. Since you seem to have an interest in investing, as well as an academic background in economics, you're in the best position to answer this question yourself.

I'll give my take on it anyway: if you have a degree, your chances of getting a higher-paid job are greater than without a degree. Your chances of making it big in the stock market are very low, and in that area, it takes money to make money. Getting the degree sooner will improve your prospects of a higher-paying job (which means more money earned in your life), which also means more money available to use in the stock market.
The thing is repaying a study loan. I have to get a job first in order to pay for one, which requires at least a monthly income of minimum 1.6k.

The problem is that I don't want to burn-out halfway through because of work and study commitments - I seriously doubt I can handle both at the same time especially when my job is a 4-day rotary shift of 12h. The second thing is "market saturation" of the degree because there are way too many people in the market with Econs/Fin degrees, and hence the pay rate in the market for such is between $2000-2400 instead of the $2600-3000 2 years ago (small thanks to the panic sellers and Big Banks of the US of A).

I plan to get the degree sometime, but I don't know if I should do it now or put it on hold. I can easily earn up to $2700-$3000 by volunteering for OT shifts with my current job, but it is a dead-end job with no testimonial.

My dream is to be a bastard analyst that goes against popularised market sentiments and speculations. I don't mind the infamy and hits put out by governments for belittling their fiscal policies, because it is only right to be honest with the people who put their money out for their kids' future only to have it ruined by uninformed fund managers. That requires more financial handling experience than a degree, and without the latter, the only way is to DIY.

Since I am to DIY, what value is that of a degree other to earn me some credibility with uninformed folks? Besides I can easily earn more than a regular bank/brokerage analyst with OTs, but the issue is with credibility should I decide to help someone in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I'm 27 and only on the second year of my degree. It wasn't my choice to start this late (thanks asshole parents) but now I'm doing it. Yeah, I'll be over thirty by the time I'm done, but it's better than playing revolving-door call center CSR for $10 an hour...
I used to be in the same shoes as you do without a job, but now that I have one, I have a choice. You don't because you are one of those shortchanged by the fatsos of the society (Big Corp and their government lackeys).

The good thing is my job requires a license, which is harder than a degree, but has less prospect for personal growth and advancement. It is a pyrex rice bowl instead of a china (the ceramic, not the country, though both are almost equivalent in quality of make *sarcastic*) one these days - doesn't break as easily as the latter. What I am torn is that should I just hold to get that $2400+ with personal growth for years to come, or should I stick with this and forge a path of my own?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 05:56   Link #4932
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm 26 years old and I'm still 2 years away from earning anything. The salary of a Resident (when I become one anyway) is practically a pittance and we're completely barred from taking professional fees. They're trying to pass a law that will raise Resident and Nurse salaries by almost 50% to lure in more professionals, but at the same time drive up medical costs for people in a country where insurance is but for a minuscule minority.

They said of course that once I finish training the recoup of investment is one of the fastest and highest for any professional of a Doctorate level... but it breaks my heart to charge so much for mere consultations.
Old 2011-06-23, 08:08   Link #4933
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The problem is that I don't want to burn-out halfway through because of work and study commitments - I seriously doubt I can handle both at the same time especially when my job is a 4-day rotary shift of 12h.
The only thing I can say is this:
  • Professional Life
  • Social Life
  • Study time

Pick two, the other one will inevitably be left out due to lack of time. While studying can be done as a part-time job it'll eat away time from either the social or professional life of the person doing it. I've tried to get the 3 of them together and ended up loosing quite a bit of social life due to that (luckly for me I was able to withdraw from my professional life in order to finish studying but that's a luxury that not everyone gets sadly).
Old 2011-06-24, 02:55   Link #4934
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Why do guys always assume I'm a girl in MMO's? ;_;

(Even when I pick a male character...had a creepy dude follow me for 2 hours. :|)
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 03:20   Link #4935
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

What the hell is a quantum bubble in laymen's terms? Me and my freinds like having discussions about science once in a while... but they brought this bubble up and told me just to look on the internet or something. I'd like to think they made some of it up because I can't find anything substantial on google (and they were making up a lot of scenarios with it)... but who knows?
Old 2011-06-24, 03:31   Link #4936
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Why do guys always assume I'm a girl in MMO's? ;_;

(Even when I pick a male character...had a creepy dude follow me for 2 hours. :|)
maybe the way you spell and use emoticons in game, or something?, or do you play Healers?[people always assume healers are girls for some reason ]
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 03:37   Link #4937
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Dream View Post
What the hell is a quantum bubble in laymen's terms? Me and my freinds like having discussions about science once in a while... but they brought this bubble up and told me just to look on the internet or something. I'd like to think they made some of it up because I can't find anything substantial on google (and they were making up a lot of scenarios with it)... but who knows?
As near as I can tell... they're bullshitting you.

A quantum bubble is when a portion of the universe is separated from the rest due to extremely warped and/or damaged spacetime. This is a very Star Treky definition, because it's pretty much not a real thing.
Old 2011-06-24, 03:40   Link #4938
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
As near as I can tell... they're bullshitting you.

A quantum bubble is when a portion of the universe is separated from the rest due to extremely warped and/or damaged spacetime. This is a very Star Treky definition, because it's pretty much not a real thing.
Ha, that's what I thought, I can never tell if they're serious or not... Thanks.
Old 2011-06-24, 04:30   Link #4939
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
maybe the way you spell and use emoticons in game, or something?, or do you play Healers?[people always assume healers are girls for some reason ]
I spell perfectly fine...and I use swears... ._.

(oh, maybe it really is the emoticons XD)

Nah, I don't play healers, usually tanks/ranged magics.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 05:01   Link #4940
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

You're a guy?

OH SHI-

Tags
problem, q&a, serious