AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-26, 07:15   Link #461
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I may be a bit late on the news, but whats up with the second release of a remix of the Lucky*Star theme song?
I haven't heard any of the songs in the CD yet, but will soon...just want to know whats up with all these remixes...
Old 2007-12-26, 15:35   Link #462
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Anyone know how to extract the vocals from a song? Someone on the Higurashi board mentioned a method that goes something like this: Find a non-vocal of the song whose vocals you want, invert the non-vocal version, and mix it into the original. The theory is that it'll cancel out the music and leave us with the vocals. However, either I'm doing it wrong or that's just moonshine. It doesn't work.
Old 2007-12-26, 19:24   Link #463
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

So I tried out Re-Mix002.

JAM PROJECT's take on Motteke was pure Ouendan material. I can't find anything special in the rest though.

Bu-bu-but...the Lucky Star Douga all-star-performance...I think my ears came.
Old 2007-12-26, 22:18   Link #464
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Bu-bu-but...the Lucky Star Douga all-star-performance...I think my ears came.
ditto. i liked JAM PROJECT's Motteke, but the last song was just one ball of... uhmm... Lucky Star-ness! or something like that. It kinda makes me reminisce over the anime, especially the final part when Motteke! Sailor Fuku starts to play~
Old 2007-12-27, 05:31   Link #465
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
just want to know whats up with all these remixes...
1. Release OP
2. Observe resulting hype
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!

The remix CDs are step 3.
Old 2007-12-27, 06:51   Link #466
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
1. Release OP
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!

oh thanks for the info! They sure are milking a lot of money out of these remixes for the fans.
Anyways, I finally got to listen to all the tracks on the CD and the remixes this time around are really different from the first remix CD. They really did mix up the song in this CD. The first song I didn't really like, though a lot of people know these guys that did the remix, so I guess I'm not used to them or something.
I liked quite a few of the remixes, but I really liked the Bak-Bak Bakoon! mix...especially with the part of Miyuki in the song...it was pretty catchy.
The last track was really long...15 min. of Lucky*Star-ness and it reminded me of the Initial D non-stop tracks that I used to listen to back then....the only difference was that the Initial D non-stop tracks were WAY longer than the Lucky*Star one...haha
But it was a pretty good track though...I found myself listening to that track about 5 times before I stopped.
Old 2007-12-27, 08:20   Link #467
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
1. Release OP
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!

The proper step 3 is: Release remix CDs based on Niconico Douga Memes
(The title itself is a reference to the Futae no Kiwami Aaaaaaaah! meme. The 4th track is a reference to the niconico melody meme. (And there are tons more))
Old 2007-12-28, 01:24   Link #468
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Talking Motteke! Sailor Fuku

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
DONE

I should warn you that the vocals of the L☆S quartet tend to overpower those of JAM Project, ESPECIALLY DURING THE CHORUS.
What's this? JAM Project's take on Motteke! Sailor Fuku? I CAME DRILLS AND SHAT SPIRALS.

While not as "crazy" as the original version, it's very surprising to have one of the leading bands in Japan doing their own crazy version of this OP. Kudos, JAM Project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kofarea View Post
もってけ!セーラーふく Bak-Bak-Bakoon!!Mix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QjL7f5-NuM
I like this one as well.
Old 2007-12-28, 01:41   Link #469
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Anyone know how to extract the vocals from a song? Someone on the Higurashi board mentioned a method that goes something like this: Find a non-vocal of the song whose vocals you want, invert the non-vocal version, and mix it into the original. The theory is that it'll cancel out the music and leave us with the vocals. However, either I'm doing it wrong or that's just moonshine. It doesn't work.
I've been told that there's no real effective way of removing everything except vocals. IIRC, I think it's because voice is spread across all over the frequencies so targetting just a frequency will always result in some vocal parts getting lost.
As for the method you mentioned, I've also had someone recommend that to me, but adds that it'll still produce below average results.
Old 2007-12-28, 08:10   Link #470
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

This remix album has revitalized my love for all of the Lucky Star music. Mixing in all of the character song albums was a fantastic idea, so I adore Track 6.

I spent some time trying to parse all 15 minutes of it, but I've come up short in some places -- although they sound familiar. Can anyone help? ^_^
Old 2007-12-29, 03:24   Link #471
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Um, USB500, the post you quoted contains MY fusion of the original and JAM Project versions and NOT just the JAM Project version. I'm currently uploading attempt #2 at creating the perfect mix.

Attempt 2 Reduced the volume of the original version so the quartet vocals will not completly overpower the JAM Project crew.

Attempt 3 is meant to be use as a means of comparing the 2 versions simultaneously. In this mix, the JAM Project version will be outputted from the left channel, while the original will be outputted the right.

Last edited by HashiriyaR32; 2007-12-29 at 03:39.
Old 2007-12-29, 20:58   Link #472
QBnoYouko
Twilight Breaker

Send a message via MSN to QBnoYouko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisu View Post
This remix album has revitalized my love for all of the Lucky Star music. Mixing in all of the character song albums was a fantastic idea, so I adore Track 6.

I spent some time trying to parse all 15 minutes of it, but I've come up short in some places -- although they sound familiar. Can anyone help? ^_^
I actually did the same myself. Nice work there, you caught two that I missed. One of the comments also helped. I was listening again and found out 12:15 is Skip Skip dayo, Lucky Star. Er, sorry, I typed Skip three times when I left a comment there.
Old 2007-12-30, 19:17   Link #473
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Thanks for the comment! ^_^ Heh, I didn't even notice you wrote it three times. I'm updating the entry as I get help, so there's only two left.

Again, 6:15 sounds very roughly like "Ran Ran Ran dayo, Lucky Star" while I think 13:05 sounds faintly of "Shiawase Negau Kanata Kara." I wonder if there are still some unreleased BGM and Radio Bangumi CDs.
Old 2007-12-31, 02:58   Link #474
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Thanks for the comment! ^_^ Heh, I didn't even notice you wrote it three times. I'm updating the entry as I get help, so there's only two left.

Again, 6:15 sounds very roughly like "Ran Ran Ran dayo, Lucky Star" while I think 13:05 sounds faintly of "Shiawase Negau Kanata Kara." I wonder if there are still some unreleased BGM and Radio Bangumi CDs.
Oh, yes. There are tons more. They're only up to episode 14 with DVDs.
Old 2007-12-31, 19:05   Link #475
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Oh are they linked, meaning a new BGM CD is released at the same time the next episode DVD is?

That's just insane how much money the series is making -- two episodes per DVD release? And then the 12+ character song albums, the BGM tracks, and even Lucky Channel is its own entity with more sales potentials.
Old 2007-12-31, 20:00   Link #476
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Oh are they linked, meaning a new BGM CD is released at the same time the next episode DVD is?

That's just insane how much money the series is making -- two episodes per DVD release? And then the 12+ character song albums, the BGM tracks, and even Lucky Channel is its own entity with more sales potentials.
The BGM CD comes with the DVD itself, so yes, they're really squeezing the money here.
Old 2007-12-31, 20:29   Link #477
Jintor

They can profit off us all they want, so long as they keep delivering this quality. > >

Well, so long as they don't get ridiculous about it.
Old 2008-01-01, 02:22   Link #478
QBnoYouko
Twilight Breaker

Send a message via MSN to QBnoYouko
When you think about it, that means the series has about 2-3 soundtracks worth of music.
Old 2008-01-01, 04:04   Link #479
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
The BGM CD comes with the DVD itself, so yes, they're really squeezing the money here.
With the Limited Edition DVD, that is. I did a quick add-up of the audio-visual media on the Shoboi goods page, assuming a 26% pre-order discount on each DVD and 10% on each CD: you're looking at 12 DVDs and 18 CDs (30 if you count the BGM discs separately), for a total of Y83,226 / US$743 / EUR 505.

And that's excluding books, figures, games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Well, so long as they don't get ridiculous about it.
*glares at Shiraishi*
Old 2008-01-01, 05:42   Link #480
Jintor

The karaoke box is ridiculously awesome though. Even Monkey Magic - which consists mainly of Konata failing to sing it - is stupidly entertaining.

I admit the Shiraishi box doesn't have a very compelling case to buy it, but in that case, don't. : P
Closed Thread