AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-16, 15:17   Link #41
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
"Sounds" like Angela has worked her magic again

Very good trailer and here's hoping that the "regular guy" character turns out GARness by the end of it

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 15:33   Link #42
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuloz View Post
At-x is fine for this kind of show like Mnemosyne and Elfen Lied but if they remove all gore and blood and rewrite the plot is pretty sad and pointless.
Spoiler for blood and gore:

No more Kaibutsu Oujo adaption please, i wont accept it damn gainax.

Last edited by Fnights; 2008-09-16 at 16:16.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 18:06   Link #43
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
The trailer looks pretty good, you can certainly see the Gainax influence in the color work and camera angles of the action scenes and the gun shooting.
Indeed i noticed that straight away (and it has me very excited). I like to call it the 'Gainax-touch'.

It's a shame to hear that this anime adaptation will mostly be new material, though i've read quite a bit of the manga so i can say it makes quite a bit of sense. It's already been mentioned just how much gore there is in the manga, not to mention some of the more disturbing scenes. Looks like they're going to keep the same basic story, so i'm all open for new material set up --- especially going by the staff line-up.

Also it's great to hear a new Angela song.
Old 2008-09-17, 08:51   Link #44
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
The trailer looks pretty good, you can certainly see the Gainax influence in the color work and camera angles of the action scenes and the gun shooting.

Could do without the "regular guy" character in there but it's not like I'm surprised to see someone like that in there either. I just hope the regular guy male protagonist of the show doesn't take away too much of the screen time of the main dead girl. The action shots with Makina already make me like her so far with excellent Gainax action-heroine style, looking forwards to the show.
I actually want to see more of the monk on the motorcycle. I hope he has some good actions scenes and survives the series.

If the material was too violent for them, then they should have chosen another title. Hopefully, the violent parts can be reinserted into the DVD release if it's not totally original material.
Old 2008-09-17, 19:20   Link #45
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
the violent parts can be reinserted into the DVD release if it's not totally original material.
Have you seen how violent the manga can be? If so then you can agree with me that i'd rather not look at an anime adaptation with those taken out. There would be no action at all in the series if it went that way.
Old 2008-09-17, 19:55   Link #46
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Have you seen how violent the manga can be? If so then you can agree with me that i'd rather not look at an anime adaptation with those taken out. There would be no action at all in the series if it went that way.
But that's what was mused when "original material" and "ethical" was mentoned. Manga too violent in other words. Violence decreased in the original production. So if it's too violent for TV, then it can be put in the DVD version, like what Witchblade and Higurashi did.

Haven't read the manga but that pic seems to imply body parts not attached to their normal places, possibly Elfen Lied level.
Old 2008-09-17, 20:00   Link #47
Avisch
Reality Blender

The opening has that nice dark sound to it. I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
No more Kaibutsu Oujo adaption please, i wont accept it damn gainax.
No one can disagree with that.
But this will already be better because it looks like the fights will have animation.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 22:53   Link #48
DangerMouse

Quote:
I actually want to see more of the monk on the motorcycle. I hope he has some good actions scenes and survives the series.
Yeah, ofcourse though, since the monk seems more interesting he will obviously get less screentime than the "normal guy." From the premise, I'm looking for action not lots of distractions from it.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2008-09-17 at 23:04.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 05:17   Link #49
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
But that's what was mused when "original material" and "ethical" was mentoned. Manga too violent in other words. Violence decreased in the original production. So if it's too violent for TV, then it can be put in the DVD version, like what Witchblade and Higurashi did.

Haven't read the manga but that pic seems to imply body parts not attached to their normal places, possibly Elfen Lied level.
Without spoiling anything, i'll just say that if they were to animate the fights from the manga and they'd be added on the DVD's, then there would be no action at all in the TV broadcast.
Old 2008-09-24, 19:34   Link #50
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Either way, I'm looking forward to this. In the trailer our Corpse Princess looks pretty GAR.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 06:58   Link #51
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Usually I pick up a lot of series which leaves me little time to watch . But this season I have decided to handpick a very few anime so I can dedicate all my time into it . Being a fan of supernatural this anime stuck me the most . I had heard about this anime couple of weeks back but was too lazy to post . With Oct 2 drawing closer I just cant wait
Old 2008-09-29, 10:16   Link #52
Shadow X
Stargazing

The trailer is great, and I really love the music sung by Angela - it is good to hear them again since I last watched Fafner.

This anime is definitely in my list of -Must Watch Animes- for this season.
Old 2008-09-29, 14:08   Link #53
manuloz

Shikabane Hime TVCM 15 & 30 sec.

http://www.dailymotion.com/manuloz/v...-tvcm_creation
http://www.dailymotion.com/manuloz/v...m-30s_creation

Illustration : Ryouji Masuyama.
manuloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 14:22   Link #54
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Heh, beautiful illustration. It's Ryouji all over.
Old 2008-10-01, 23:12   Link #55
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Uwah... It seems I seriously overestimated this anime...

As far as ep1 goes:

The good things:

-Animation; nicly done, as I expected
-I guess the ED is cool to listen to, once a week

Bad:

-Geez... The two main characters (Oori and Makina) are so monotone (棒読み), it's laughable. Actually, I did laugh.
-Attempted comedy is poor
-Story seems to have potential, but it wasn't impressive this episode and from both this episode and preview, I was reminded of that Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou.
Spoiler for this episode:

Overall, I'll see what happens next, since it wasn't too boring, but from just the first episode, I can't look forward to much other than good animated action scenes.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 23:27   Link #56
v1cious

if it's got a lot of action, that's good enough for me. come on it's Gainax.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 23:31   Link #57
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
if it's got a lot of action, that's good enough for me. come on it's Gainax.
Is that an admission of masochism?
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 00:44   Link #58
DangerMouse

Gainax + lots of nicely animated action. Definitely giving this a try for several episodes.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 07:08   Link #59
orion

Totally agree with the others. It's Gainax and an action title. Plus it's angela. Still waiting for it to show up...
Old 2008-10-02, 14:00   Link #60
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Just got around to watching it. Really underwhelmed.

Saying it has lots of action is being... uh... rather generous. ToraDora is about 60 seconds short of having as much action as this. What action it does have isn't exactly particularly well directed or choreographed either. It literally feels like they went down a checklist of Gainax cliches, made sure they did all of them as quickly as possible, and then just had Makina tackle the monster.

And yeah... I'm with Serenade, the voice acting was abysmal, but it was amusing to see them try to jam Horie Yui into as many roles as possible.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gainax, horror, shounen