AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-11-12, 09:03   Link #48301
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

A good concept. But I haven't watched Agito for a long while, so my info on the series is a little bit blurry. Besides, I was thinking of crossing it with Index.

The series that I really wanted to cross with IS is Faiz, Kabuto, and Gaim.
Old 2013-11-12, 09:16   Link #48302
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, Faiz is the only one without a hard concept. Demino already has Kabuto covered.

Say, which would be better for Ichika: Gamma gear (I saw it on the stageshow on Internet), Kaixa gear or Delta gear with Riotrooper V2's sword?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 09:28   Link #48303
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The omega gear forgot what the proper name was.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 09:32   Link #48304
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

The Delta Gear suits better with Ichika, since they have something in common with Byakushiki: super prototypes.

BTW, I haven't seen any concrete info on the 3 stage show riders.
Old 2013-11-12, 09:44   Link #48305
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

It's Orga, demino. And I want to make something white like Psyga for Ichika.

Hey, maybe Psyga is really a good idea! Remove some blocky part, add slender Faiz armor and a Faiz Edge, and we are done!

Or, using IXA armor!
Old 2013-11-12, 09:47   Link #48306
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I'm not sure what I just read. But it sounds right up tempest's alley
TLDR: Post Apocalyptic Infinite Stratos Fiction might have potential, considering what having a small population who can pilot IS would mean if Civilization falls apart.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 09:51   Link #48307
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So to speak it would be more interesting if IS existed in a world where men outnumber women 10 to 1 or something.
Old 2013-11-12, 09:55   Link #48308
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'm keep telling myself not to pull out my inner -Chan self and fail

> Kamen Rider
> Still Kamen rider
> More Kamen Rider stuff

Can anyone tell me how this actually works?
Old 2013-11-12, 09:58   Link #48309
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, that explain why girls jump on Ichika at the first place... Yeah, as if they could go pass Madoka and Chifuyu.

With Paradise Lost (Megaman crossover) , the society is pretty dystopian. Dessert cover most place, but at least they are shrinking. Then there are Mega Coporation and Authoritarian Goverment. But the best part, IS not much better than a power Reploid. Even normal human could access to laser weapon regularly. It's only a mean for humanoid to stand before Maverick.

That mean the status quo is OVER!
Old 2013-11-12, 09:58   Link #48310
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Each rider works on a different principle. Some work well with IS in how their powers as riders come about, the others work with how the concept of what each rider is fighting for matches that of the IS characters. Though for the most part we just find it a hoot and a half to put in stuff like the IMAGINs in IS canon with the girls.
Old 2013-11-12, 10:00   Link #48311
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

And nothing is more Macho than KAMEN RIDER! HENSHIN!!!
Old 2013-11-12, 10:02   Link #48312
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Oh, well, at least none of you seems to discredit Tabane

What i saw over there (SB) is people keep telling "Tabane reverse engineering this" and "Tabane rediscovered that from alien X" "Thus born I.S."

I don't like her as a character, but as plot device her influence is darned important, and so is her inventions.
Old 2013-11-12, 10:05   Link #48313
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
So to speak it would be more interesting if IS existed in a world where men outnumber women 10 to 1 or something.
No. That's quite boring IMO, and not a very sustainable situation. Try a reverse ratio, where females outnumber men 10 to 1 instead. The dynamics would likely better resemble an Ant Colony, considering the status of men in an IS world, especially if an apocalypse erases much of the remnants of Pre IS societal norms and gender convention.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 10:06   Link #48314
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Crazy people breed crazy ideas, you know?

That said, how is the IS community in SB? I want to join it, but the interface is not mobile-friendly.

And Tabane is just a combination of "Mad Scientist" with "Fluffy"... Well, maybe not so fluff.
Old 2013-11-12, 10:08   Link #48315
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

And didn't we already have White Expression for that?

Remind me of that song from Gundam Wing Frozen Teardrop. Never could bring myself to digest Wing, though.
Old 2013-11-12, 10:11   Link #48316
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

"A man is either slave or a king" kind of dynamic huh

Not my cup of tea, thanks.

SB community is a lot more critical than here, definitely. No snippet, no small talk, only discussion. Oh, and grammar nazis, full of them SB is.
Old 2013-11-12, 10:17   Link #48317
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Can't blame them.

Have been thinking, what would be like if the White House and Kremlin goes under surface? I mean, a couple of Blue Tear or even a sattelie strike could obilitare them.
Old 2013-11-12, 10:18   Link #48318
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

At that point the world war just beginning, and I.S. would be a new means of nuclear payload delivery.

Remember the world of I.S. are sustained by cold war, limited number of cores HELPED to avoid the financial crisis.
Old 2013-11-12, 10:25   Link #48319
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Nuclear, huh...

N-Jammer and Anti-matter Bomb, anyone?

Hmm... How about IS made pilot could only live to their 40s due to toxic?
Old 2013-11-12, 13:41   Link #48320
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Spoiler for space:

This...would not be as nice as you may think. If going purely off the Mechwarrior mythos, 'marriages' would have to be approved by the State. Genetic compatibility as well as the likely-hood of producing IS-compatible offspring would be regulated so much that having a child would be the same as producing a test-tube baby. They wouldn't want to leave things up to chance so they might try to manually manipulate the genetic code to produce the most desirable traits. This can be a 'dirty secret' of the upper nobility. Pilots who are 'manufactured' - like Laura, might actually be the top-tier in that world while the natural born pilots are 2nd or even 3rd class. Their genetic lineage is not assured so they can't possibly be 'more powerful' than those who have 'genetic lineages'.

Another plot could be that the nobles/companies are trying to artificially manufacture the 'Orimura gene' or the O-gene. Legends have said those who bore the gene had the highest compatibility rates with the Cores since even before the Apocalypse. This is what the higher ranks want and pilots have died thanks to their experiments to try and draw out latent potential that they just don't have. Your choice if the Orimura line had been wiped out due to their monstrous potential and the other families/companies' fear of them. They might even go so far as to try and extract information from Cores 001 and 013 to help them but the Cores 'locked' themselves and are kept in vaults until they can figure out how to unlock them.

For this story, knowing that the humans will screw up, Tabane will give them one last chance to redeem themselves by planting a fail-safe in the cores used by the Orimuras. If the Cores consider a pilot to be sufficiently similar to their original owners, they might unlock.

The new Mondo Grosso would have to be the pinnacle of this new culture. EVERYTHING is put out the very best effort to get the pilots to win.

Knowing Tabane, I'm sure she probably has some feature of the Core to cycle out radiation if it was hit with a nuke. She *knowingly* sent Chifuyu out against missiles carrying nuke payloads. I don't think that there is no self-cleansing system in place to cycle out any radiation that might be present. The suit was originally meant to go into space after all... I bet these cores run off some 4th dimensional form of self-sustaining fusion.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest