ZOMG a very cute pic of a zerg family XD

http://yfrog.com/631286691159274j
Now we just need the other Zerg units to join in on the family photo
Old 2010-10-10, 02:12   Link #5022
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Two Hellions (200/4 in comparison to 300/200/6 for a Thor) can one shot a Baneling, especially with the upgrade (which makes it 350/150/4 total for Hellions with the research factored in), but Hellions can hit multiple units at once. soon.
You don't need Blue Flame upgrade to kill Baneling because Baneling is classified as Biological only without Light, so Hellion do minimal damage to Baneling.

Infestor + Lings + Banelings = Nightmare for Bio-ball and drops. Lock everything up before explode over the units.

Mutalisks are really good to counter Mech-only ball because Mech is very slowwwww so muta can harass very effectively. And you can't produce too many anti-air for Mech, since Thor is super expensive. Without marines support, Mutalisks with Magic-Box micro kill Thor super easily.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 05:51   Link #5023
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I like using thors to physically block banelings from reaching their targets, giving units behind a better chance to shoot them down. The thors themselves can also do pretty heavy damage and can take many baneling hits due to the high health and banelings don't do extra dmg to Thors.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 06:23   Link #5024
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
Banelings r counters to bioball, the only way to effectively counter that if you have a bioball is to learn to micro, split your force 3 way or even 2 way when banelings rolls in effectively cut your losses from them, and remaining forces should be enough to take out whatever mutas he/she has.

Thors are expensive and requires a different tech tree, meaning you are cutting into your econ for upgrades/more units, simply getting thors because you don't want to micro won't work in higher level play.

Basically, learn to do something other than stimpack->attack-move.

Also, anyone with half a brain with banelings wont blow themselves up against a thor, it's not cost effective since lings rapes thors.

O...also, banelings are pretty resilient against hallion fire.
- You can also Hit&run with stimpack and send 1 unit at a time on banelings . Need a good micro for this but this is safe .

Or the safest thing is to play with Medivacs , drop/transport/drop/transport....

- It depends how much thors are there + lings will take a moment to kill them and if there are a bunch of marines behind then your glings/banelings won't live longer . Try to go around thor with baneling to kill marines ? nah marines hit&run stimpack . Back to save thors from glings .

Well all depends on the players and the game .

For ZvP , i don't know yet how to kill mass glings/banelings cuz i didn't encountered this yet but i know that Protoss needs a bunch of sentrys for Force Field . Stalker with blink will help too .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 09:30   Link #5025
Alaya
Counter Force

Latest news from the GSL prelim. The Legend, The Emperor qualifies!!!

It's time of Lim Yo Hwan on the stage again!!! Go Slayers_Boxer!!!

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 14:21   Link #5026
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Hmm, against all logic I managed to get a 50:50 win rate on the 3v3 Random League. It's better than I'd ever hoped to do in the North American servers, but I have to wonder if this would mean that I'll be thrown against more Golds or Platinums than Silvers or Bronzes during games. Now that's a scary thought.
Old 2010-10-10, 14:41   Link #5027
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Hmm, against all logic I managed to get a 50:50 win rate on the 3v3 Random League. It's better than I'd ever hoped to do in the North American servers, but I have to wonder if this would mean that I'll be thrown against more Golds or Platinums than Silvers or Bronzes during games. Now that's a scary thought.
That will probably happen, but I would think it would set you against Silver league players.
Old 2010-10-10, 14:57   Link #5028
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Hmmm so I played a practice against a terran who went all out on ravens against me.

Techincally speaking, he wiped out a lot of my forces but he lost nearly all of his ravens and that's not including the fact that I had 4-5 bases while he only had two (So his macro was way behind and I would've been able to rebuild my forces quickly).

I would've had him had it not been for a phone call I had to take.

On that matter, is it possible for the PDD to stop a seeker missile? Otherwise it seems the only option is to run. Never tried the PDD though but I did had a few ravens in my group.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 15:01   Link #5029
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Hmmm so I played a practice against a terran who went all out on ravens against me.

Techincally speaking, he wiped out a lot of my forces but he lost nearly all of his ravens and that's not including the fact that I had 4-5 bases while he only had two (So his macro was way behind and I would've been able to rebuild my forces quickly).

I would've had him had it not been for a phone call I had to take.

On that matter, is it possible for the PDD to stop a seeker missile? Otherwise it seems the only option is to run. Never tried the PDD though but I did had a few ravens in my group.
By going all out on ravens, do you mean the only army composition he had was basically just a flock of Ravens? If so, then the best option is just to run, and let them run out of energy. Dont want to go against so many ravens with plenty of energy to spare
Old 2010-10-10, 15:03   Link #5030
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Pretty much, I think he was copying some diamond terran's play which was really just ravens.

He had a few reapers and hellions but this was useless against my tanks and vikings which were supplemented by my own ravens. Once I knew he was massing ravens I started upgrading my own.

He used this ravens to wipe out my tank force but this left him with only 4 ravens so he started massing barracks since all he had left was like 5000 minerals but against me he would've lost and that's when my phone call came in.

This is why I hate ladder games and fortunately this was practice.
Old 2010-10-10, 15:07   Link #5031
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Pretty much, I think he was copying some diamond terran's play which was really just ravens.

He had a few reapers and hellions but this was useless against my tanks and vikings which were supplemented by my own ravens. Once I knew he was massing ravens I started upgrading my own.

He used this ravens to wipe out my tank force but this left him with only 4 ravens so he started massing barracks since all he had left was like 5000 minerals but against me he would've lost and that's when my phone call came in.

This is why I hate ladder games and fortunately this was practice.
Vikings alone would have done the job (with a few defenses at your expansions) unless he had AA in his base, you can basically fly into his expansion and drop your Vikings to slaughter the SCVs, besides, Ravens cant generally attack air (I think they had an ability to shoot missiles right?). So 2 Starports with Reactors, would have quickly done the job.
Old 2010-10-10, 15:11   Link #5032
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Oh that's what I did.

I contained him with my Vikings so he was only limited to his one natural. By that time I had like 5 expos going so techincally speaking I could've just thrown guys at him no problem. My vikings were able to outrun the missiles and then turn around and slaughter his ravens. He had AA in his base so I would've had to rebuild a tank force or maybe just go MMM at that point since had nothing left.
Old 2010-10-10, 15:13   Link #5033
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Oh that's what I did.

I contained him with my Vikings so he was only limited to his one natural. By that time I had like 5 expos going so techincally speaking I could've just thrown guys at him no problem. My vikings were able to outrun the missiles and then turn around and slaughter his ravens. He had AA in his base so I would've had to rebuild a tank force or maybe just go MMM at that point since had nothing left.
Or land your Vikings down if he was landless on troops, and just shoot at his SCVs
Old 2010-10-10, 16:04   Link #5034
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

To make Ravens useless , just make some Ghosts use EMP that's the end .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 16:16   Link #5035
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

I know, the second I realized he was massing ravens I should've started making ghosts.

Oh well, next time a terran player pulls this on me I know what to do.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/8...an-lost-temple

Here's the replay.

It's cut short because I left the game after the 22 minute mark.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2010-10-10 at 16:42.
Old 2010-10-10, 22:37   Link #5036
Dynamite

You can't beat Ravens with Vikings.
One PDD and you've officially given map control to the Raven guy.

The way to do it is Ghosts.
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 01:24   Link #5037
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Thors don't do a bad job at deterring them either.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 05:21   Link #5038
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
http://kr.battle.net/sc2/ko/profile/...E%89%EC%97%AC/

I hope he or they enjoyed every single second of it. Damn, it's been only a little over 2 months! Too bad he didn't have the CE of the game.
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
ddwkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 06:11   Link #5039
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Every achievement?
Old 2010-10-11, 06:55   Link #5040
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
Every single one including those FFA ones and plus being in Diamond league in all quick match modes in possibly the most competitive server.
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
ddwkc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows