AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2018-08-29, 13:28   Link #61
Tenzen12

To be honest I fine when Gundam got stolen for first time, that's something that makes Gundam Gundam after all. When it got stolen back I though it is quite interesting. When it got stolen for third time I was bit baffled.

And fourth time was my limit...
Old 2018-08-29, 17:17   Link #62
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
To be honest I fine when Gundam got stolen for first time, that's something that makes Gundam Gundam after all. When it got stolen back I though it is quite interesting. When it got stolen for third time I was bit baffled.

And fourth time was my limit...
If by “stolen the fourth time” you are talking about Gundam Unicorn then you need to actually watch the anime. It’s not stolen.

Quote:
Hmm, so I guess I will have to finish Unicorn to get context fo this new UC gundam. I can't say I am happy about it as I found unicorn incredibly stupid and never undestood why it's refered as masterpiece.
Unicorn is nowhere near as stupid as the majority of the AUs & Tomino's Zeta, ZZ, F91, Victory, Turn-A & G-Reco. If you don't want to watch Unicorn because it's "stupid" then I don't know why are you still following this franchise .

Man, I still remember being baffled by Gundam X's setting 15 years after dozens of colonies were dropped on Earth.
Old 2018-08-29, 17:31   Link #63
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm guessing he hasn't watched the other UC Gundam shows or else he wouldn't be singling out Unicorn on this.

But it didn't really strike me as odd that the Unicorn Gundam would get pinged back and forth between different sides considering everyone was after it. It was the "key" to the Laplace Box and the whole plot was about it being a race to retrieve it.

I also don't remember it being stolen four times either.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-29, 17:35   Link #64
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
But it didn't really strike me as odd that the Unicorn Gundam would get pinged back and forth between different sides considering everyone was after it. It was the "key" to the Laplace Box and the whole plot was about it being a race to retrieve it.
Yep, me too.

In fact, the titular Gundam and its pilot constantly "changing sides" is what makes Gundam Unicorn unique and it works in the context of the story.

EDIT: I forgot to include CCA in the list of "stupider than Unicorn" above.
Old 2018-08-29, 17:41   Link #65
Tenzen12

Yep, that's reaction I expected. Well it doesn't matter how exactly Unicorn came from one side to other. Result was all the same. Feel free replace word "stolen" from my post for whatever you see fit until you are sasfied. If you really insist I can even fix it to suit your taste.

Zeta, X, Victory and Turn A all had their quirks, but it never crossed line when it became ridiculous. It was pretty consistent and in general made sense.

ZZ certainly had more moments, but it was much lighter and comedic, so it got pass from me. Having most likeable protagonist of Gundam franchise and strong females done right also helped a bit.

Let's not talk about Reco though.
Old 2018-08-29, 17:46   Link #66
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Yep, that's reaction I expected. Well it doesn't matter how exactly Unicorn came from one side to other. Result was all the same. Feel free replace word "stolen" from my post for whatever you see fit until you are sasfied. If you really insist I can even fix it to suit your taste.
If you can replace the word "stolen" in your comments with whatever, that means you don't actually know the meaning of the word and how to use it in the first place .

Quote:
Zeta, X, Victory and Turn A all had their quirks, but it never crossed line when it became ridiculous. It was pretty consistent and in general made sense.
For the sake of the argument, what "line" that Unicorn crossed that those other titles didn't? Which event?
Old 2018-08-29, 17:57   Link #67
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Let me give you the greatest moments in Gundam history.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Make sure sound is on for this one.
YouTube

YouTube

Oh, and here's a bonerbonus shot:

Old 2018-08-29, 18:09   Link #68
Tenzen12

Yep these are indeed golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If you can replace the word "stolen" in your comments with whatever, that means you don't actually know the meaning of the word and how to use it in the first place .

For the sake of the argument, what "line" that Unicorn crossed that those other titles didn't? Which event?
As I already said, my problem was this "shared custody" thing between both crews. In the end how many time Unicorn (and i t's pilot) changed it's handler in one or other way? It could be more tolerable if creators tried to be more self-aware instead of playing something like that completely straight.
Old 2018-08-29, 18:23   Link #69
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think what might have been missed is the fact that it wasn't just that everyone was after the Unicorn, but also the fact that unlike other UC Gundam stories, the pilot never has an allegiance to any one side. He was a bit of a freelancer: an independent that managed to find like minded independent "centrists" on both sides to work with.
Old 2018-08-29, 19:58   Link #70
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Also, the purpose of Unicorn & Banagher (and Mineva too, really) being in the custody of various factions is so that Banagher (& Mineva) can understand the POVs of the said various factions so that they can make a well-informed decision in the end about what to do with the Laplace’s Box. Some people apparently missed that part of the plot and claimed that Banagher's (unintentionally) hopping sides is useless.

Quote:

As I already said, my problem was this "shared custody" thing between both crews. In the end how many time Unicorn (and i t's pilot) changed it's handler in one or other way? It could be more tolerable if creators tried to be more self-aware instead of playing something like that completely straight.
You know, your argument above kinda proved two points so far:
  1. Your biggest problem with Unicorn being something that actually makes sense in the story actually speaks volumes of Unicorn’s quality of storytelling.
  2. Your standard is incomprehensible (if not reeks of double standard) if you're being okay with the incredibly stupid things that your defended other series done while singling out Unicorn for something much less stupid. Well, have fun with your Tomino's UC.

With that, let's move on...
Old 2018-08-29, 20:37   Link #71
Tenzen12

Given you seem to have been set on rejecting anything I say beforehand, you really didn't have to ask in first place. But yeah, there is no point dwell on it now.
Old 2018-08-30, 00:25   Link #72
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Oz's Finest.
Old 2018-09-05, 23:58   Link #73
Helius

From Gundam Ace

Images
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 16:56   Link #74
wissenschaft

Quote:

I believe the whole point was the unicorn gundam pilot didn't want to take a side. Banagher was from a space colony but not aligned with neo zeon. He could see both the good and bad of both sides. He wanted away to end this now generational warfare between the earth and colonists. That was the point of him switching crews so much. So the protagonists and therefore the audience could get to see the war from all perspectives. You meet sympathetic characters from both sides and some villains turned out more sympathetic then at first glance. The show ends with perhaps the most optimistic ending of any UC storyline.

Of course, you don't have to like it but the reason for the story to be this way is sound. No story is for everyone.
Old 2018-09-10, 17:27   Link #75
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Pretty sure dropping that first asteroid on Earth in CCA's first act killed quite a few children :P
Well, I can't argue with that. CCA is quite a jarring change from Char in Zeta.
Old 2018-10-16, 07:00   Link #76
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube

Looking good so far.
Old 2018-10-16, 17:26   Link #77
Skye629

Quote:
YouTube

Looking good so far.
-Hype intensifies-

God I really hope this is gonna be good
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 18:14   Link #78
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
YouTube

Looking good so far.
Holy shit that one guy got fucking stepped on by a mobile suit.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 18:17   Link #79
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Holy shit that one guy got fucking stepped on by a mobile suit.
Looks like he deserved it.
Old 2018-10-17, 18:37   Link #80
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Finally some new Gundam, IBO left me shattered. MINEVAAAAAAAAA