Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-10-12, 13:14   Link #241
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't think he needs to sound anything like Luffy. They're both very different characters.
I disagree here. They very much collide with each other, even if you exclude the character design. As for the VA I wasn't expecting something like Luffy's VA, but something along the way, as in my imagination everytime I read the manga Luffy popped into my mind.

I'll probably get used to his VA in about 2-3 more episodes, but I still hate it atm.
Old 2009-10-12, 13:26   Link #242
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
Hirano Aya finally has another role where she isn't annoying (to me) ~ Still, makes me wonder why a long running shounen hiring Hirano Aya. KugiRie is generally in every darn show....
This wouldn't have factored in, but I think Hirano is actually a fan of shounen manga. I'm not sure why it surprises you that they'd hire Hirano. Whatever else, she has a fame that can attract viewers. Do you mean people shouldn't voice types of characters they haven't done before?

I'd say her voice here is a bit of a mix of Haruhi, Konata, and her role in Zettai Karen Children. Works for me, even though it's not my favorite of her voices, and it does have her usual slight artificiality. It also has her usual sharpness and force. We'll see what she does with it. She's now starting one long-running show (Fairy Tail) while she's in another that still has a while to run (Jewelpet).

Fortunately, I haven't read the manga, so no-one's voice bothers me in that way, even the completely unexpected Kugimiya Rie. Unusual is good, though, in this case. Statements like "voices don't bother me yet" and "Gerard's hair in the opening is too blue" (Gibber) make me so glad I haven't read the manga, so I don't have these little things to worry about.

I thought Kitamura Eri did a nice job as Aquarius.

All in all, I thought that was a very good first episode. Introduced the characters and situation, had some action, and got the plot rolling. I have read chapter one of the manga, and it stayed pretty close, didn't it?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 13:30   Link #243
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Wooohaa this reminds my of Rave Master.
Chars and style and I really like it =) even if it was a bit tooo much :P
.... the voice of the male main char hmmmm I will need some eps to get used to it but in the second half of the first ep it stoped to annoy me, so it will be okay.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 13:35   Link #244
bigemperor

I really like the seiyus and the music but I HATE THE ADAPTATION.

The destroy the epic expressions from the manga, something fundamental in one piece is that the anime studio maintain the art from the manga the expression were the same as epic but now in fairy tail they make everything more simple.

I refer to this

The exact same SCENE but with very different feelings and the expression totally change and there are lot of examples

So in conclusion I hate the adaptation specially the animation they give to the expressions from the manga scenes but well they can improve I hope so because the art from the manga is A LOT better.
bigemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 13:53   Link #245
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Yeah you're right about One Piece, the studio respect the manga design, so it gives some emotion (but I don't really like One Piece ). But in your screenshot, it looks like "no emotion".

It remind me One Piece:

Anyway, thanks for screenshots, it looks cool.
Old 2009-10-12, 13:53   Link #246
Kadrias

Gerard's hair is REALLY BLUE.
Happy.. sounds... soooooo... cuuuuuuuuuute~~ XD
I never imagined Natsu's voice to be so deep so it might take a few eps for me to get used to that..
The animation wasn't anything spectacular, but I really liked the music.
OH, and Aquarius' voice was absolutely perfect.

Looking forward to next week~ (x

Oh and Lucy saying, "ORE GA LUSHII DAAA" in the preview made me burst out laughing.. XDD
Kadrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 13:53   Link #247
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

I see what you mean but they stick closer to the manga as some other anime adaptations and therefore is it not really that bad
And from my view it is awesome =) since I did not read the manga at all

Oh you should put some tags over your shots
Old 2009-10-12, 13:57   Link #248
KK1412
JOEY! WHERE'S MY COFFEE!?

Love it love it love it!!!!!

Natsu voice like everyone here it was a bit unexpected, to be honest I thought they would make him sound a bit more like Luffy but!!!!! the voice is just fine as it is.

I love the opening!!!
KK1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 13:59   Link #249
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
I see what you mean but they stick closer to the manga as some other anime adaptations and therefore is it not really that bad
And from my view it is awesome =)
Yes i understand you, for someone who don't read the manga is not such a big deal but the majot part of the fans love the art fromt the manga and we want so much to see it in the anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
Yeah you're right about One Piece, the studio respect the manga design, so it gives some emotion (but I don't really like One Piece ). But in your screenshot, it looks like "no emotion".

It remind me One Piece:

Anyway, thanks for screenshots, it looks cool.
That's exactly what i'm talking about, it doesn't matter if we like or not one piece (i love it =P) but toe animation respect every single expression from the manga, i would like to see that in fairy tail =)
bigemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 14:11   Link #250
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

My Favorite introductory chapter was animated
I liked it but some of the VA's threw me off.

Expectations:

- a much less squeaky voice for Happy and Natsu's voice seemed alittle off to me.

- Luffy-Esque type of voice for Natsu, since they're in the same vein of character. But Boy, was I surprised.

-Alittle more serious, less in the vein of comedy, but they've seemed to change it into a silly type of show.

-I don't quite like the magical circle thing. Magic seemed to be a more natural thing than artificial in the Manga.

Overall, It was OK. I'll probably check a few episodes out here and there.

P.S. Happy animated is so cute!

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-10-12 at 14:35.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 14:31   Link #251
ZODDGUTS

Just saw the first episode. It's was alright but felt the animation could have been a bit better. A-1 Pictures has done better than this when it comes to first episodes in a series like Birdy for example had a very well animated first episode the action scenes for that series was jaw dropping. Anways they cut down the drama scenes in favor for more comedy scenes kinda took out a bit of the suspense when Lucy was on the boat. Overall the first ep for Fairy Tail was decent.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 14:32   Link #252
Boduar

For some reason Happy being blue just seems odd.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 14:36   Link #253
KK1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemperor View Post
I really like the seiyus and the music but I HATE THE ADAPTATION.

The destroy the epic expressions from the manga, something fundamental in one piece is that the anime studio maintain the art from the manga the expression were the same as epic but now in fairy tail they make everything more simple.

I refer to this

The exact same SCENE but with very different feelings and the expression totally change and there are lot of examples

So in conclusion I hate the adaptation specially the animation they give to the expressions from the manga scenes but well they can improve I hope so because the art from the manga is A LOT better.

the moment people saw the animation should've gave everyone a huge hint already that the character expressions would be completely different from the manga

I was already expecting this so it didn't surprise one bit
Old 2009-10-12, 14:41   Link #254
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Well, I just hope it stays loyal to the manga. As simplified as the animations are in terms of character's expressions, which I would beg to differ with on certain occasions btw, the action sequences were above average although I have seen better. I hope they keep this up but considering this was only the first episode in a long series, my hopes aren't very high.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 14:54   Link #255
Joe_fh

Still tha animation style just gives out the feeling it's not a serious anime at all. I mean those moments in the manga were really cool. Natsu really looked mad and overall you got quite the serious and intesne feeling from those moments. And in the anime - well they were ok but they had no real impact. As I said before they take the comedy parts form FT and miss out on evertyhing else. It's good but it could be a LOT better imo.
Just seems like an anime aimed at kids younger than the ones reading the manga. It just has that sort of simplified animation style.

Oh and I'm sure it's the same with everyone reading the manga but after ~150 chapters everyone has his own idea of how the characters should sound. And I never imagien they'll sound like that.

And what were all those magic cirlce thingies O.o They take all the natural flow of magic in FT.

Hope they do better with the next episodes
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 15:02   Link #256
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

After looking at thos pics for a couple a minutes I think I know why there are some changes in the anime .... it would look to much like One Piece :P
It looks now a little bit more like Rave Master which is not as well known as One Piece I think...
Old 2009-10-12, 15:05   Link #257
KK1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Still tha animation style just gives out the feeling it's not a serious anime at all. I mean those moments in the manga were really cool. Natsu really looked mad and overall you got quite the serious and intesne feeling from those moments. And in the anime - well they were ok but they had no real impact. As I said before they take the comedy parts form FT and miss out on evertyhing else. It's good but it could be a LOT better imo.
Just seems like an anime aimed at kids younger than the ones reading the manga. It just has that sort of simplified animation style.

Oh and I'm sure it's the same with everyone reading the manga but after ~150 chapters everyone has his own idea of how the characters should sound. And I never imagien they'll sound like that.

And what were all those magic cirlce thingies O.o They take all the natural flow of magic in FT.

Hope they do better with the next episodes

well if they make the animation expression like the one in the manga im pretty sure without a doubt alot of people will call it a clone of "One Piece"

and start hammering Fairy Tail down, just take a look at a few mmorpg games alot of people are calling most of them "WoW(World of Warcraft) Clones" also the manga 666 Satan people calling it a clone of Naruto.

Sometimes the smallest detail can make people jump into a chaotic rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
After looking at thos pics for a couple a minutes I think I know why there are some changes in the anime .... it would look to much like One Piece :P
It looks now a little bit more like Rave Master which is not as well known as One Piece I think...

Lol see it already started
Old 2009-10-12, 15:11   Link #258
Clarste
Human

I didn't think it was so bad an adaptation. The manga is fundamentally pretty silly a lot of the time, and you can't really say that they've actually gotten to any of the serious emotional bits yet. This is still the first episode after all. Incidentally, Natsu's unexpected voice actually helped his serious expression moment, for me anyway. The animation was fairly cheap, but this is supposed to be a long runner so my expectations aren't too high in the first place.

My only worry after this episode is that they'll use a lot of stock footage for casting spells, which could get really annoying really fast since they pretty much spam them later on in the series. Natsu got the same footage twice in this episode, and Lucy got something that looked fairly interchangeable as a summon animation too (up until the water part, obviously). If they keep that up it'll annoy me quite a bit.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 15:27   Link #259
Joe_fh

I'm not a fan of One Piece. I don't see FT as a clone of it and never will. I'm just comapring the manga and anime. The manga is 10 time better in my opinion even if they follow the same story. The way things are done in the manga give you a more intense feeling and a better understanding of the emotions the characters fell during those moments.

Oh and again just my opinion but 666 was better than Naruto and the authors are brothers so it's expected that the style is similar.
And about MMORPG I'm not even gonna start there cause I'll get killed XD

Basically people comare new things with the most popular ones and bash them for no reason.
Don't get me wrong here - I'm glad that there's a FT anime I'm just saying it could have been done a lot better.

Oh and Rave Master is from the same author who said he loves his character so he's using some of them in FT as well. Nothing wrong with that
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 15:38   Link #260
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I loved it!! The voices were a bit different than I imagined as I read the manga, especially Natsu's. Didn't know Kugimiya Rie would work on this show, I love her. The soundtrack was great too.

Btw, didn't Happy have wings in the manga?
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen