AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2011-12-02, 16:46   Link #21
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

No one mentioned KARAS, the most badass youkai anime ever. Youkai magic + technology with insane fighting scenes.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 23:23   Link #22
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Oh God, how could I forget that one, SECONDING!!
Old 2011-12-06, 15:58   Link #23
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
I sincerely apologize for offending anyone and not thanking you guys for your recommendations earlier. I hadn't really checked the thread too often and couldn't think of much to say. Thank you was of course my first choice but kinda like Haak's post mentioned I kinda got a bit overwhelmed by the number of posts... Should've used the time I had in the forum to read and post in the thread though. But it was still impolite on my part and inconsiderate of me. I'll be sure not to do the same in the future.

I appreciated very much for your recommendations and opinions. I had checked out portions Bakemonogatari, Inuyasha, Nurarihyon, some Kekkaishi, Ao no Exorcist, Spirited Away, and Kara no Kyoukai and enjoyed them.

Have yet to see but had a glimpse of Supernatural,xxxHolic, Bakeneko and Monoke, and Otome Yōkai Zakuro.

For the rest I didn't mention I'll go add them all to my animelist for future references.
Quote:
No one mentioned KARAS, the most badass youkai anime ever. Youkai magic + technology with insane fighting scenes.
Is this the one? http://myanimelist.net/anime/389/Karas
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Student no.0; 2011-12-06 at 19:12.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 17:00   Link #24
<3Animesuki<3

Omamori Himari!!! That is one good anime with some youkai in it.
11eyes and Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou. i recommend those 3 as they are pretty new within the past few yrs.
<3Animesuki<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 17:16   Link #25
hyl
reading #hikaributts

11eyes and Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou are not about youkai though.

11eyes is more a supernatural action anime with people with supernatural powers fighting back against demonic beings (who all have names of fallen angels) who want to kill them in a parallel world.
Ushiro no Daimaou is harem school settings anime with people with magical powers and the main character turns out to be the future demon king.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 17:28   Link #26
<3Animesuki<3

but stilllllll........ =S
good animes, well, they both have youkai in it so >.>
lol... speechless
<3Animesuki<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 17:29   Link #27
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Originally I made the thread looking for anime with the traditional Jappanese youkai(the ones you see in Nura and Yuuchijou), something I should've specified in the OP. But oh well, I decided I'm okay with anything else that involves other versions of monsters and spirits now, even the generic kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3Animesuki<3 View Post
Omamori Himari!!! That is one good anime with some youkai in it.
11eyes and Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou. i recommend those 3 as they are pretty new within the past few yrs.
I think I did skim through the pages of the Omamori Himari manga, but never really got into it. Perhaps I'll give it another try in the future. I don't think I've heard of the others you mentioned, but thanks anyway.
Old 2011-12-06, 17:42   Link #28
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post
Originally I made the thread looking for anime with the traditional Jappanese youkai(the ones you see in Nura and Yuuchijou), something I should've specified in the OP. But oh well, I decided I'm okay with anything else that involves other versions of monsters and spirits now, even the generic kind.
That being the case, once you've tried the many other great suggestions earlier in the thread, perhaps you'd like to try Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase as well? Plenty of Japanese Youkai, demons, spirits, vampires, other occult/supernatural happenings with liberal sprinkles of rom-com and moe.
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 16:06   Link #29
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
That being the case, once you've tried the many other great suggestions earlier in the thread, perhaps you'd like to try Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase as well? Plenty of Japanese Youkai, demons, spirits, vampires, other occult/supernatural happenings with liberal sprinkles of rom-com and moe.
^ I read up a summary about that. Found it pretty interesting. Is it an episodic series where the plot and situations change throughout each episode(Luck Star or Nichijou for example)? Thanks for you recommendation too.
Old 2011-12-10, 23:40   Link #30
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

No, nothing like Lucky*Star or Nichijou ... Moon Phase is a single long-arc story (though with lots of subplots). It mixes vampirism in with a lot of Japanese mythic motifs though.
Old 2011-12-12, 15:23   Link #31
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

^ Thanks for the heads up. I just finished watching its first episode actually. Don't think I've EVER come across an OP that made me HHHHHGGGGNNNN-! this much before I can tell this'll be one heck of a guilty pleasure for me(at least when the plot's not so serious). Will put it on hold till I finish up with Kara no Kyoukai and catch up with Nurarihyon probably.
Old 2011-12-12, 15:30   Link #32
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Yeah, little surprise it's made by SHAFT

There's plenty more gratuitous moe and cat ears where that came from.
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 00:07   Link #33
Kerspunkle

Wagaya no Oinari-sama is an anime with traditional Japanese youkai you might like.
Kerspunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 20:20   Link #34
Undertaker

If you haven't watch them yet check out Jigoku Shojo (Hell Girl), a great series with some youkai references.

Manga-wise Hyakki Yakoushou is a classic though I don't know if there is English scans avalible
Old 2013-02-02, 07:45   Link #35
Mortoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I haven't seen it yet but Hotarubi no Mori e seems to be rated pretty highly. It's based on another work by Natsume's mangaka so you'll probably like it! This time there's a boy that's a youkai I think, interacting with a little girl. It's a 45-minute movie, I'm planning to watch it soon too
I would suggest you do both natsume yuujinchou and this movie are excelent stories
I got suggested on Hotarubi no Mori e and I thought it was amazing....
Mortoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 16:05   Link #36
Akka

Nobody suggesting Juuni Kokuki (The Twelve Kingdoms) ?

It's a pretty long and interesting serie, and involve youkai in many cases.
Akka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 21:59   Link #37
sakuralilian

Wink New Series

Hakkenden, I like this one though there are only 5 episode and 3 volumes
sakuralilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 04:57   Link #38
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Surprisingly, there is not a single mention of Inu x Boku SS in this Suggestions thread looking for youkai in anime. It was a 2011 show IIRC.

Youkai (and part-youkai) feature very prominently in this anime. (The manga where it was adapted from is titled Youko x Boku SS)