AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-12, 16:50   Link #221
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Crews are very important on tanks you decide to spend significant amounts of time on. Possibly the only things more important than a highly trained crew are a great gun, and a great engine, in my opinion.

I play on the NA server but I have mostly only high tier tanks
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 17:10   Link #222
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Oh, whats your in-game ID Mow?

And of course, are you looking for a clan?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 17:27   Link #223
Mow Yun

Mow_Mow, and I am not looking for a clan, sorry
Old 2012-11-12, 17:39   Link #224
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Mow_Mow, and I am not looking for a clan, sorry
Thats cool, but at least I have another name to stalk & irritate

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-11-12, 17:45   Link #225
Mow Yun

Would definitely enjoy platooning with anyone interested, although I don't just accept random platoon invites (I get lots of those for some reason) so be sure to let me know who you are before just random spamming them (laugh) I also play only rarely now as I have mostly given up the game to play other games/concentrate on my studies. Will be back for the 8.2 patch though :P
Old 2012-11-12, 17:53   Link #226
Tak

I have a name of players I managed to gather from animesuki here so hopefully that can act as your reference

- Tak

Old 2012-11-12, 20:15   Link #227
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Argg the Valentine MKIII is gonna be a real grind as its painfully slow (even though its a light) and its gun isn't really suitable for taking out tanks in the same tier never mind the +1-2 tier tanks matchmaking pits me against =/

Then again it can take plenty of hits so I'm hoping that it'll come into its own when I finally save enough for the better engines however I'm not sure what gun to go with as its stock 6 pounder pretty similar stat wise to its other unlock-ables =s

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 20:32   Link #228
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Finally managed to reach Tier 4 but holy crap the grind for my Panzer IV and Sherman will be long and painful.
But I love my Sherman. Once I got the 105mm gun, I feel like I could take on anything. The 76mm is also good, but I prefer the bigger one.
Well, as long as I am not the one who's going first. US line is mostly for supporting as far as I am concerned. Good mobility but doesn't have hard-hitting gun, so I spent all my time going around flanking and helping other heavies.
Old 2012-11-12, 20:40   Link #229
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

People. This is how you play an M3 Lee.

Spoiler for image:

The right-offset main gun of the Lee may be awkward, but it does also allow the tank to take cover in a manner no other tank can imitate, as you can see here. Make use of this to show only your tough gun mantle to the enemy; this may have been a losing match, but I was holding off at least 5 enemy tanks on this path alone until I got flanked.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 20:44   Link #230
LeoXiao
思想工作

The Panther/Panther II/E-50 tanks are a real challenge to play. You have a high top speed and powerful engine and a high-accuracy, high-ROF cannon, but your damage is limited, your armor is okay to bad, and you are a large target. But because of the speed and accuracy it's tempting to rush to more and more dangerous locations when what you should be doing is sitting around in the back supporting the heavies. I find that it's hard to get lots of kills in these tanks. I only got Top Gun once or twice in my Panther, 3 or 4 kills in my Panther II, and never more than 2 with my E-50 so far, though getting Sniper is quite easy.

I am officially of the opinion that the Tiger I is the crappiest Tier 7 heavy there is. Its armor is paper, its gun is weak, its camo is crap, speed is low, and ammoracking messes up its otherwise decent ROF. Get the Tiger P instead.

As for tank destroyers... I like the Russian ones quite a bit. The SU85 used to be the most OP thing ever with the 107mm, and it is still my most-played tank. Once you get to the ISU you get the BL-10 which is a God Gun. The Object 704 is probably my favorite tank I have because it looks better than the ISU and actually has some decent armor. I am unsure about getting the 268 despite it being better by most accounts, but in any case it's about 230k xp and 6 million silver away so I won't have to make that choice anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Must say I had a lot of fun with the Panzer IV. I know they nerfed it since 8.0 but that didn't bother me. To mount that huge gun would have required a ridiculous looking turret, and I didn't want a ridiculous turret. I like how my machine looks like now

That being said, while I cannot stand pound for pound against tier 6 ~ 7 vehicles, I can still be a significant threat using my speed, size and maneuverability hitting their weaker points. I know I immobilized a lot of Tigers just by hitting their tracks.

- Tak
I was one of those who complained about the "nerfing" of the PzIV. But I think it's even more powerful now. It is very maneuverable, the gun doesn't feel much worse than before, and the turret turns rapidly. I use it as a medium scout sort of thing to screen for heavies.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 20:51   Link #231
Sumeragi
Banned

willx should be able to tell you some of my crazier feats I did today as we were platooning.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 23:17   Link #232
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
willx should be able to tell you some of my crazier feats I did today as we were platooning.
Apparently my part time job is being a battlefield reporter ..

Quote:
Sumeragi's War Journal - November 12, 2012 (Summer Abbey)

"The heat is oppressive despite the abundant trees and shade. It's the midst of summer .. but no children play in the nearby town nor is there the bustling hum of life. Today is Monday but there are no people scurrying to work, nor was there Sunday service yesterday at the town abbey. No .. No time for work, no time for play, no time for worship .. only time for war. The enemy forces draw near.. Their lines are thin and formation spread wide .. hoping to envelop us. I will lead the vanguard, smash their flimsy lines and show them the meaning of blitzkrieg.."
Summary

My highlight was when she charged straight towards the enemy, smashed into a tank destroyer, rammed it nearly into oblivion before blasting it aside .. Then getting hit by a friendly fire barrage that nearly blew her apart .. and still managing to charge into the enemy base and nearly capturing it after destroying most of the remaining opposition ..

All signs point to .. your inevitable destruction

The preceding was a fictional dramatization based on real events and may not reflect events as they happened. Certain statements or quotations attributed to any person or persons may not be completely accurate. No person or persons involved in this production makes any guarantees or representations regarding the degree of accuracy whatsoever. No animals were hurt in the making of this production. All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Significant property and collateral damage and usage of dangerous weapons did occur.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 00:05   Link #233
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Saw something amusing today: a light tank was literately driving circles around a heavy tank and the heavy tank's turret couldn't hit it. Of course the light tank wasn't doing any damage but still it was funny to watch.
some light tank with decent gun can kill heavy, I used my tier 4 A13 shot down a KV1 and a Churchill
Old 2012-11-13, 00:10   Link #234
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I love to see a KV-2 with my T49 for that reason alone. As long as there is no inteference, I could kill them with ease. On the open field, of course. Heavy tank with a little bit of brain will start to move their back to the closest wall, and that's also one of the reason I'm afraid to move my heavy to open field without any backup.
Old 2012-11-13, 00:20   Link #235
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

^ Well actually I did that feat before... I was the KV-2. Needless to say, the T49 didn't survived, and got a 152mm shell right to his face.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 00:33   Link #236
LeoXiao
思想工作

I had this badass run in my T-50 on Sand River sometime this May. I met two T-46s in the southwest and killed them. I met an su26 and a BDR and killed the su26. I met another T-46 and killed it through sudden vehicular contact. I saw a Priest and he died. I encountered a Luchs and it died too when I shot and rammed it. I began to cap and died at the hands of their last T-46 when I tried to ram him too. I got 6 kills, 2100 xp, and "Scout".
Old 2012-11-13, 11:48   Link #237
Tak

Note to self: Tread willx's suggestions carefully and carry a very fast engine

- Tak

Old 2012-11-13, 13:44   Link #238
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I need this....

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Download Link

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 13:58   Link #239
LeoXiao
思想工作

Flash animations of WoT by some Russian dude

these are pretty good, check them out.
Old 2012-11-13, 13:59   Link #240
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Quote: