AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-05-18, 10:48   Link #24121
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post

How's that?
I like 'em both. A lot. Though you did miss a patch of hair next to the left hand >_>;

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 12:42   Link #24122
Falx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
Spoiler for size:
Are those the original resolutions?

Please oh please tell me they come in a size that would make a decent wallpaper.
Falx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 14:30   Link #24123
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

A little enlarging isn't gonna hurt the picture.
Old 2010-05-18, 14:31   Link #24124
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Um...

Dear Gods...

I think this is the best (fan)picture of Erio and Caro that I have ever seen.

For some weird reason I glanced at the picture and thought that was Fate instead of Caro. o_O Great design though!
Old 2010-05-18, 14:54   Link #24125
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
I like 'em both. A lot. Though you did miss a patch of hair next to the left hand >_>;
Fix'd

How's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
If I'm following the convo right.... You're only losing the half-tone shading erasing it. Use them as a guide to use a different colour to shade depending on how you shade and erase the half-tones when you're finished.

Uhm, what was it. Magic wand tool -> set tolerance to something where the half-tones or whatever get selected [prolly 50~60] should do it.

While you're at it, fix Ein's broken legs. I think her index finger is super long too. :3
When I remove the tone, it completely changes my shading, I'd have to recolor the entire picture >.<

Ein'd broken legs? Long index finger? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Okay, looks really good, the colors are well worked, I can spot some white areas that are supossed to be colored but nothing important, also, when making the lineart on lines inside the hair area, try the brush with a size of 3px and activating the option "Simulate presure" to create a better efect for this areas. Also, try to be more carefful when adding the lineart on rounded areas

I... tough I send you a message offering to show you how to add shades & lights efects... but you never answered.
Didn't line art that one since that's what I got. I'm kidna bad at leaving white spots... I'm partially color blind (color deficiency) in my right eye, it makes colors that are close hard to see (such as specs of white against any color but really dark ones). It's not bad, but enough that I can't see white spots >.<

I don't think I got that email @_@

Last edited by Satashi; 2010-05-18 at 15:04.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 15:43   Link #24126
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
When I remove the tone, it completely changes my shading, I'd have to recolor the entire picture >.<

Ein'd broken legs? Long index finger? Huh?
Oh, if you actually did shade underneath the tones, then.... it's so soft that I can't notice. Actually, looking at it more closely, I can see some shading, but it's so subtle.

Even with a mouse, depending on how you want to colour it, it's not really that hard. Cel shading is probably the easiest to do. This to this looks a bit cleaner, right? You're just laying down a base colour and painting on top of that with a hard brush and one colour to keep it simple. Some people use a very light purple/blue for the entire picture as a shading colour, put that layer above the base colour and set that to multiply, but I'm not comfortable with that at all, lol.

Luckily, the original image is so big so you don't have to be super neat because downsizing does some work for you.

Yeah, her right leg looks like a sausage and the left-thing-that-connects-to-hip is like yo sup do I look dislocated.
.... the more I look at the picture the more I wonder "how long are are legs. @_@;

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?

Last edited by Bananoha; 2010-05-18 at 16:03.
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 16:50   Link #24127
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1

I'm haunted by that image for the very reasons you mentioned. Just look at her legs. They aren't even the same length. I have the poster on my wall btw :P So sad newtype usa died, i so want posters.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 17:32   Link #24128
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Oh, if you actually did shade underneath the tones, then.... it's so soft that I can't notice. Actually, looking at it more closely, I can see some shading, but it's so subtle.

Even with a mouse, depending on how you want to colour it, it's not really that hard. Cel shading is probably the easiest to do. This to this looks a bit cleaner, right? You're just laying down a base colour and painting on top of that with a hard brush and one colour to keep it simple. Some people use a very light purple/blue for the entire picture as a shading colour, put that layer above the base colour and set that to multiply, but I'm not comfortable with that at all, lol.

Luckily, the original image is so big so you don't have to be super neat because downsizing does some work for you.

Yeah, her right leg looks like a sausage and the left-thing-that-connects-to-hip is like yo sup do I look dislocated.
.... the more I look at the picture the more I wonder "how long are are legs. @_@;
I'll look into how to cell shade, maybe it'll help make images cleaner.

I can't change the image, I didn't draw it :3 I took the request to color it, so I don't feel comfortable changing it ^^
Old 2010-05-18, 17:48   Link #24129
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Um...

Dear Gods...

I think this is the best (fan)picture of Erio and Caro that I have ever seen.

Damn working 9 til 5! When I got home and found that on Pixiv I totally wanted to post it here but you already did. Oh well.

My reaction:

Sooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooot!

Mmmm, delicious Caro. Exposed shoulders and curvy midrift? Double whammy!
Old 2010-05-18, 17:48   Link #24130
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Not a fan of the pairing here, but I *LOVE* Hayate's face in this image.

And, yes, Reikosan is probably a Goddess in human guise.

Spoiler for size:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 21:44   Link #24131
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Didn't line art that one since that's what I got. I'm kinda bad at leaving white spots... I'm partially color blind (color deficiency) in my right eye, it makes colors that are close hard to see (such as spaces of white against any color but really dark ones). It's not bad, but enough that I can't see white spots >.<

I don't think I got that email @_@
Sorry, didn't knew that, but still, the area was white because a line from the lineart blocked the path from the rest of the color area (details that come when people is to used to fill color areas with the paint bucket), this shouldn't be a trouble when adding color in a new empty layer right under the lineart layer (As I told you), since the color layer is empty, there is no line from the lineart blocking the color area when filling it with the color of choise.

Still, I just took a look at your other colorings and they are great, as if you were doing this since while ago.
Old 2010-05-19, 08:48   Link #24132
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Fix'd

How's that?
Excellent.

I ganked the original from one of Kanna/Plum's doujins. If you want to fix it be my guest, but I didn't dare ask. The OMGWTFBBQ-gigantic original was because I was planning on using it for a custom daki, and on reflection I realise that dropping that large bomb wasn't polite, for which I apologise.

Anyway, a friend of mine popped out three pieces of Rein Eins for me (ImageShack-resized from ginormous original scans, ask away if you want them):

Spoiler for NSFW:

I drew one too.

Look carefully; when you see it, you'll shit bricks. (Anyone know how to translate that into Japanese? I want to post this to my Pixiv too, but don't really trust the Google Translate hackjob.)

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 09:30   Link #24133
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
This looks like trouble just waiting to happen. I suppose they'll have an argument over who saw him first.
Old 2010-05-20, 17:16   Link #24134
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Colored Lutecia from Vivid, added in some spiffy background, and poked Radiant Beam.

Old 2010-05-20, 17:37   Link #24135
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Old 2010-05-21, 09:28   Link #24136
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Colored Lutecia from Vivid, added in some spiffy background, and poked Radiant Beam.

I still say she seems way too excited to meet the character I've shaped her into for Shadowverse.
Old 2010-05-21, 11:21   Link #24137
Tabasco

She knows that like her mother, Vivio responds to angsty characters. What could be more angsty than someone who looks happy but is sad underneath?
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 16:57   Link #24138
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
She knows that like her mother, Vivio responds to angsty characters. What could be more angsty than someone who looks happy but is sad underneath?
Vivid!Vivio: I want to--
Shadowverse!Lutecia: Already have a Vivio for that, sorry.
Vivid!Vivio: D':
Old 2010-05-21, 18:07   Link #24139
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Old 2010-05-21, 19:03   Link #24140
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I still say she seems way too excited to meet the character I've shaped her into for Shadowverse.
She just likes showing off her house. She'd look forward to meeting Satan if he agreed to take the tour
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw