AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-08-26, 23:06   Link #521
Wandering Soul

Well goodbye Sebastian. At least he got a good send off.

As annoying as he might have been in the beginning, I still have to respect Akagi for not even hesitating to save Yukihime. Heck, every good character got a nice moment.
Old 2016-08-27, 01:58   Link #522
BoyTitan

Poor Sebastian. So many death flags for him before hand this ep too. He went out nice at least. Humanity being brainwashed instead of killed leaves room for them to be saved. Still even knowing that seeing mass population get brainwashed like that and robbed of free will has this extremely looming and haunting effect on it. The fate just seems worse than death even if it may be temporary. Tom kicked fucking ass this episode. If he was the one going 1vs1 with a relic and Sophie was still a pilot piloting the wasted bad ass that was GAUSS unit 3 this battle may have turned out a little better. Like what is Sophie going to pilot when she returns to battle.
Old 2016-08-27, 02:02   Link #523
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Spoiler for large image:

I guess there won't be a show next week
Old 2016-08-27, 02:23   Link #524
AntonKutovoi

Ouch. No Shirobako season 2, I guess
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-27, 03:02   Link #525
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 21:
Damn, the Kurobe Laboratory has fallen... And also, it's sucks that "Sebastian" Mozuki has died to kill Mirasa just to rescue Sophie and her friends!

On the other hand, looks like Efidolg wants to control humanoid beings via parasitic means as well as cloning them. If that's the case, what happened to pure-blooded Efidolg beings if they're reduced to just goddamn parasites!?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-27, 03:39   Link #526
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Now that’s what I’m talking about. There’s a lot to like about this episode: the plot-reveal by Zeru, the all-out attack, the urgency, the tension, the battles, the UN’s genuine support, and the sacrifices. This episode shows what I’ve always wanted to see in Kuromukuro and its alien-invasion premise. I’ve been saying it again and again (including in my deleted posts) that the Gezon-Reco really should’ve done this sooner after they lost Fusnarnie (and Hedo before him). Look at how effective this assault did. Losing two out of seven lieutenants should’ve been enough of a wakeup call for Lefil to do all-out attack like this to the dam-base instead of going shenanigans with Muetta, Mirasa and Yoruba's individual missions. But of course, if Lefil and his Gezon-Reco were to do the right and the smart thing earlier, we won’t have enough time to develop the plot involving Muetta & Zeru, though arguably a more skillfull writer should be a able to pull it off.

Now that those problems are behind us, I can’t wait to see what PA Works have in store next episode (given they survived the destruction of their studio this episode ). But if they give us another SoL shenanigan after all this, I swear I’ll flip my table. Enough is enough. Let’s hope it won’t go that way.

RIP Sebastian. Your courageous sacrifice just saved a busload-worth of people’s lives from that bitch Mirasa. Oh, and your reference to Evangelion won’t go unnoticed. You’re one awesome wannabe-butler *salute* T-T>
Old 2016-08-27, 04:36   Link #527
ReddyRedWolf

Damn Tom was badass taking down every headless that came his way.

Carlos is still a cowardly little shit that does not have a bit of my sympathy. Blaming Yukina when it was Kaya and Akagi's own fault, too self centered and negative, and won't help those in need.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-27, 10:00   Link #528
zztop

5 more episodes left!
There's still a few more mysteries to clear up in that time:
•What an Efidolg truly looks like, if all we've seen so far are clones with implanted memories (Maybe sentient machines?)
•What actually happened between Yukihime and Zeru while Kenn was out cold 450 years ago
•What has happened to Yukina's father

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Damn Tom was badass taking down every headless that came his way.

Carlos is still a cowardly little shit that does not have a bit of my sympathy. Blaming Yukina when it was Kaya and Akagi's own fault, too self centered and negative, and won't help those in need.
I did notice the 3 stooges have a sort of default characteristic to them.
Akagi's the stubborn hothead*, Kaya's the obsessive streaming-video nerd, Carlos is the scaredy-cat.

*Not to be confused with Tom the foul-mouthed hothead.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-27, 11:12   Link #529
wuhugm
Confused Tiger

O! What a great episode! Budget must be high as fuck~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 13:40   Link #530
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
We really can't get through a scene with Carlos without hammering home that yes, he is a pathetic guy . It just is his entire character. I still feel it was a wasted opportunity early on for the show to kill off a few of those idiots.

I love how during this big battle....Ken was basically not involved. Oh sure he was flying around and sparing with the one guy but they didn't actually do anything. No one sustained any real damage during that fight. Didn't end it so he could go and support the others.

Which of course lead to the obvious. The Gauss units were basically massacred. The only barely competent fighting force and there was only 3 of them. Just three units against an entire army. Credit to Sebastian, he did the best he could. And his suicide move was actually necessary. Without that to slow down that psychopath....things would have gone pretty darn badly.

Credit to Tom as well. The guy did a great job. Sure, he was the only one that didn't fight a higher tier enemy...but at least was doing his job. Tried to have the pointless smaller units fall back so they weren't massacred and taking down a ton of enemy units. Too bad they didn't just get Sophie out there. That's what you get for holding back one of your best pilots because her Dad wants her to come home. You are being invaded by aliens! Deal with the angry parents later.

A pretty dark episode and excellent showing. Things got as bad as they should when aliens invade a small base.
Old 2016-08-28, 15:03   Link #531
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Now thatís what Iím talking about. Thereís a lot to like about this episode: the plot-reveal by Zeru, the all-out attack, the urgency, the tension, the battles, the UNís genuine support, and the sacrifices. This episode shows what Iíve always wanted to see in Kuromukuro and its alien-invasion premise. Iíve been saying it again and again (including in my deleted posts) that the Gezon-Reco really shouldíve done this sooner after they lost Fusnarnie (and Hedo before him). Look at how effective this assault did. Losing two out of seven lieutenants shouldíve been enough of a wakeup call for Lefil to do all-out attack like this to the dam-base instead of going shenanigans with Muetta, Mirasa and Yoruba's individual missions. But of course, if Lefil and his Gezon-Reco were to do the right and the smart thing earlier, we wonít have enough time to develop the plot involving Muetta & Zeru, though arguably a more skillfull writer should be a able to pull it off.
Keep in mind, they were recovering hinge stones from all over the planet while this was going on, and they didn't know for certain whether Kurobe had hinge stones or not. Having their warship in orbit was necessary for this, for easy of launch and retrieval, and the occasional need for a retreat. So Imusa, Yoruba, Muetta, and Mirasa were launch attacks elsewhere on the planet and recovering hinge stones, while Hedo and Fusnarnie were getting their asses kicked.

After that they tried something more subtle, with Muetta attempting to assassinate the Black Relic's pilots, then when her and Mirasa couldn't beat him in a mech fight even when he was fighting while wounded, they switched to a straight up infiltration mission to confirmed that hinge stones were present. It wasn't until Mirasa returned to report what she and Muetta had found that they confirmed Kurobe had what they wanted.

Then it became a matter them attempting to recover Muetta, and waiting for Imusa to recover the last hinge stone not located at Kurobe. As soon as both of those were dealt with, they moved to land the ship and launch an all out assault on Kurobe.

So them waiting until now makes plenty of sense. All other obligations are taken care of, and they know for certain Kurobe is their only remaining target.

Quote:
Now that those problems are behind us, I canít wait to see what PA Works have in store next episode (given they survived the destruction of their studio this episode ). But if they give us another SoL shenanigan after all this, I swear Iíll flip my table. Enough is enough. Letís hope it wonít go that way.
They'll likely have some down time while they figure out what to do next and so forth. Efidolg likely isn't going to move from their base until the gate they're building is ready. I doubt we'll have school antics or something like that, they won't be holding school when they're in such a state of emergency that everyone is supposed to have been evacuated, and the area is cut off by an enemy shield.

All told, I expect we'll have an episode or two spent answering the remaining questions of what happened 450 years ago, and what happened to Yukina's father, as well as preparing for their next move.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 17:27   Link #532
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Really great episode. It was difficult to watch the good guys lose so thoroughly and lose their home. Even watching the tragic fate of minor characters like those two bridge bunnies was heartbreaking.
Old 2016-08-29, 00:06   Link #533
zztop

PA Works is currently "fixing" the damage to their HQ from the Efidolg spire:
http://imgur.com/a/mTHwe

The sign says : Due to damage caused by Efidolg's recent attacks, massive restoration works for the new PA Works building is now under way. Animation production will continue to operate as usual.

Here's the "repair bill":
https://twitter.com/nobukiku/status/769592061620137985
Old 2016-08-29, 01:57   Link #534
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Keep in mind, they were recovering hinge stones from all over the planet while this was going on,...
I already answered this in my deleted response to D-Joe. In short, watch episode 13 again. All the other lieutenants (Imusa, Yoruba and Lefil himself) were seen just chillin’ in their base (not picking stones) during the Muetta & Mirasa debacle on the dam-base. So the excuse of them not sending other lieutenants (and their Oni-drones) to help Muetta is just plot convenience, not because they were still picking up and recovering stones.

Quote:
and they didn't know for certain whether Kurobe had hinge stones or not.
Episode 12. They were pretty sure the dam-base had Hingestones. In fact, Lefil took it further by deducting that the Cornerstone (the most important part of them all) are located exactly in the dam-base. Watch episode 12 again where he made that statement while the screen was zooming on the Kurobe base.

Quote:
So Imusa, Yoruba, Muetta, and Mirasa were launch attacks elsewhere on the planet and recovering hinge stones, while Hedo and Fusnarnie were getting their asses kicked.
No no no. I wasn’t complaining about the other lieutenants’ whereabouts when Hedo & Fusnarnie were fighting and defeated by Kuromukuro & co individually. My complaint is: why Lefil still sent his people one-by-one even after losing Hedo & Fusnarnie in the same manner? Certainly not because the others are busy recovering the stone (we see them chillin’ on that “conference room” when Muetta & Mirasa shenanigans was happening below them).

As for your other points, I agree with them to a certain degree, but I still feel it a bit superfluous because if Gezon-Reco do the all-out attack right after Muetta came back from her mission on the other side of the world, the result would've been the same (even better coz Muetta would still be on their side). But YMMV.

All that said, I already accepted and got over those problems and looking forward to the next episode. Why don’t you? Certainly you don’t want your posts to be deleted by the mods like D-Joe for prolonging this issue, do you?

Quote:
I doubt we'll have school antics or something like that, they won't be holding school when they're in such a state of emergency that everyone is supposed to have been evacuated, and the area is cut off by an enemy shield.
I hope not. I can accept down time after receiving a huge blow from the enemy, but not another SoL time. Then again, it's PA Works. You'll never know. I'll just hope for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
PA Works is currently "fixing" the damage to their HQ from the Efidolg spire:
http://imgur.com/a/mTHwe

The sign says : Due to damage caused by Efidolg's recent attacks, massive restoration works for the new PA Works building is now under way. Animation production will continue to operate as usual.

Here's the "repair bill":
https://twitter.com/nobukiku/status/769592061620137985
I'm glad to hear they're okay! That repair bill though .
Old 2016-08-29, 02:01   Link #535
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
@zztop
No freaking way that happened! Wait, what about the staff if they got controlled by Efidolg?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 04:09   Link #536
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
@zztop
No freaking way that happened! Wait, what about the staff if they got controlled by Efidolg?
The Efidolg will use the staff to make an anime about how awesome the Efidolg are, including 2-cour sequels for Glasslip and Charlotte. Word is Efidolg leaders really enjoyed those 2 animes.
Old 2016-08-29, 04:34   Link #537
zeross87

Quote:
The Efidolg will use the staff to make an anime about how awesome the Efidolg are, including 2-cour sequels for Glasslip and Charlotte. Word is Efidolg leaders really enjoyed those 2 animes.

That would be downright evil!
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 04:37   Link #538
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Holy shit, that episode! What a ride. I swear, as the weeks have gone on, waiting for every new episode of this series has been like torture. This was definitely one of the best episodes, by far.
Old 2016-08-29, 04:41   Link #539
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
I actually like Glasslip and enjoy Charlotte to a degreeÖÖÖ....wait, does that mean Iím an Efidolg agent??!
Old 2016-08-29, 04:41   Link #540
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
All the more reason to stop their invasion quickly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I actually like Glasslip and enjoy Charlotte to a degree………....wait, does that mean I’m an Efidolg agent??!
Capture Obelisk at once, he/she's obviously a sleeper agent!!