AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-09-05, 13:47   Link #281
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Only thing I'm a bit surprised about is how quickly Mob went from "powers should not be used on people" to "beat the shit out of whoever crosses my path without batting an eye". I get that he's concerned about his brother and last episode it made sense, but now he's just brutal . I suppose once crossed that bridge it doesn't matter that much any more - or he's still technically 100% due to being pissed off on account of his brother.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 21:51   Link #282
Yamada II

Episode 10

Lol so Koyama really was an idiot for taking away the kid who put up zero resistance instead of trying to take away the kid who just beat the crap out of him. And Terada sends himself to deal with the dangerous kid but he ends up helping Mob's infiltration plan by getting himself caught, dunked in water and forced to give information about Claw and also forced to lead them to their hideout. And Mob has no time for anyone's shit. Lol how he simply squashed Terada like he was nothing after he was giving Teru a tough time with his air whips. And then Koyama shows up for some revenge and gets his ass kicked and flung around the hallway. Shigeo's top priority is getting his brother out of this place. He doesn't have time to waste. He's not suppressing his powers at all. His emotions did come out somewhat here which was seen in his change in expressions when he started beating Koyama. Shigeo learned from his past encounter with Koyama that this is one strong a-hole who is very dangerous if taken lightly. Shigeo already got a good beating because of trying to suppress his powers as to not kill him and he doesn't want to go through the same beating again. Shigeo right now is in a state similar to his explosion – he's letting out his emotions but not in a big burst after welling up inside. He's just not suppressors them anymore.

And Ritsu is working on his own escape plan. He's having the losers trapped with him to put up a front that they're weaklings while he does the actual dirty work in camera blind spots. Shigeo is heading for the basement while Ritsu is heading upwards towards the exit with help from the clairvoyance girl.

And Shigeo has incited the wrath of the top brass of Claw and will be in for a surprise when they start showing up. But Shigeo will probably not hold back either since he knows that the people with those scars on their faces are dangerous and shouldn't be taken lightly. Now to see if anyone can cause a serious explosion or knock him unconscious. That gas mask person will probably be the final boss and will be super strong obviously because that person is the most different among the group.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 22:42   Link #283
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Only thing I'm a bit surprised about is how quickly Mob went from "powers should not be used on people" to "beat the shit out of whoever crosses my path without batting an eye". I get that he's concerned about his brother and last episode it made sense, but now he's just brutal . I suppose once crossed that bridge it doesn't matter that much any more - or he's still technically 100% due to being pissed off on account of his brother.
Still 100% anime skipped explaining this.
Old 2016-09-06, 01:03   Link #284
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
He's basically against using psychic powers for petty usages and hurt people over a trivial matter. School gangs fighting each other is one such. Catching a thief would probably fall in the same category.

But against an evil, murderous, criminal organization who kidnaps children and plots world domination? That's fair game.

You wouldn't point a gun to stop a bully or a bar fight.
You totally would point a gun to stop a violent terrorist.
Old 2016-09-06, 01:37   Link #285
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

At first I was like "Whoa this game suddenly got dark real quick".

And then it turned out the kid wasn't actually dead. And I'm like "much better".

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
You wouldn't point a gun to stop a bully or a bar fight.
You totally would point a gun to stop a violent terrorist.
That might be how you think, but I can understand that some people didn't expect Mob to think that way.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-06, 01:58   Link #286
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Something was bugging me about Koyama's voice, then I looked it up and it made sense.

Has Shinichiro Miki ever played such a stereotypical delinquent character before? If he's a bad guy, he's usually the older (grown man, as opposed to teenaged) bishounen type. Not nearly as typecast into the pretty boy role as, say, Mamoru Miyano, but still, Koyama seems really against his type.
Old 2016-09-06, 02:34   Link #287
Sixth
Nobita

Omg..Ritsu and Teru were really a prodigy. Teru learned a new trick after witnessed someone did it and Ritsu now can easily dismantled 3 goons without lifting his hand and - *Mob lifting his finger*-..Ok what and who are Teru and Ritsu? Sounds like a scrub name.

Mob is really overshadowing both of them in term of power and control so much. It made both of them look like a loser and unimpressive.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-06, 03:25   Link #288
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
He's basically against using psychic powers for petty usages and hurt people over a trivial matter. School gangs fighting each other is one such. Catching a thief would probably fall in the same category.
Mob's pacifism as shown against Teru was far more radical than that. He let himself be beat almost to the point of death. He didn't use his powers to defend himself; I'm not even saying he didn't use them to attack Teru in defence, he literally didn't even put up a psychic barrier against his blows when he was strangling him. He absolutely and beyond all rational motivation refused to use his powers against another human, full stop. Which makes sense if we consider how scared he is of them and of losing control. It's a bit like a former alcoholic - you and I might be okay drinking a can of beer with friends at a party, because that's a moderate and totally fine way of enjoying it, but he can't afford that. Similarly, Mob seems so afraid to slip back into his reckless ???% state or generally let loose his powers he bottles everything inside and sucks up everything, regardless of whether this is a good idea or not (after all I imagine even Reigen, who initially taught him not to use his powers against another human, would not have meant it THIS literally and would have told him to defend himself had he seen how badly Teru was beating him up. Also considering how NOT defending himself ultimately led him to become unconscious and risk actually outright killing Teru).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
That might be how you think, but I can understand that some people didn't expect Mob to think that way.
Yeah, exactly, Mob didn't seem especially flexible in his thinking, a bit naive in fact, that's my point. If he's still 100% that explains much more; plus, there's the fact that against Teru it was HIMSELF who was at risk, not someone else, and self-deprecation might have played a huge role.

Old 2016-09-06, 03:53   Link #289
LevelSeven

Quote:
he literally didn't even put up a psychic barrier against his blows when he was strangling him
barriersonly work against supernatural powers, and if the user is strong enough it works also against physical things, but mob only reaches that lvl if he is in 100% or beyond,
in his fight with the esper-boy he wasnt at 100% ergo, barriers would not have defended him, only way to "survive" would have been to attack and this was what he didnt want to do...
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-06, 04:00   Link #290
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Omg..Ritsu and Teru were really a prodigy. Teru learned a new trick after witnessed someone did it and Ritsu now can easily dismantled 3 goons without lifting his hand and - *Mob lifting his finger*-..Ok what and who are Teru and Ritsu? Sounds like a scrub name.

Mob is really overshadowing both of them in term of power and control so much. It made both of them look like a loser and unimpressive.
Both of them lives more successful life then Mob.
Psychic power is the only thing he got better then both of them.
Unfortunately , Those power aren't any use to him.
He is still a Nobody with bad grades and weak body.
He is unpopular and often ignored by others.
Even the Girl that he loves so much doesn't pay any attention to him! Even Ritsu and Teru has much better chance at banging her then Mob.
All Mob wants is mussle and his crush , But I doubt about him getting ether one of them.
While Ritsu just wanted Psychic power and he got that without trying.
Mob lives far more miserable life then Ritsu and Teru So I don't bother them being overshadow by Mob.
Old 2016-09-06, 06:04   Link #291
Sixth
Nobita

I still found it was hilarious that Koyama was hyping Terada for being real deal only to see him get soaked into a water by Teru for information.

It is hard to take "Claw" serious now.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-06, 13:39   Link #292
DemonneoPT

Quote:
I think Mob still feels guilty for what happened to his brother when they were kids. I mean, he does not know exactly what happened but he definitely knows something bad actually did happen. Maybe that is why Mob is willing to go against humans when the subject is Ritsu. And i like that exception because constantly seeing him getting beaten, especially while raiding the villains headquarters, would be underwhelming. Instead, i really hope the last boss will force him to go to the ???% persona or something along those lines. I'm ready for more Bones greatness

Last edited by DemonneoPT; 2016-09-06 at 14:33.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-06, 14:30   Link #293
LevelSeven

^plus, this espers tend to be a LOT more durable than fragile humans, they dont break that fast
Old 2016-09-06, 17:48   Link #294
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Something was bugging me about Koyama's voice, then I looked it up and it made sense.

Has Shinichiro Miki ever played such a stereotypical delinquent character before? If he's a bad guy, he's usually the older (grown man, as opposed to teenaged) bishounen type. Not nearly as typecast into the pretty boy role as, say, Mamoru Miyano, but still, Koyama seems really against his type.
Honestly, I've never though he had a type. I've always considered Miki (and Ootsuka too for that matter) as among the most talented and versatile seiyuu ever. I have no problem buying either of them in any role I've heard them play, including these.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-06, 18:10   Link #295
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
^plus, this espers tend to be a LOT more durable than fragile humans, they dont break that fast
I always assumed that was because of the barriers they put up. After all if you can move objects it's not too much work to apply a force that repels/softens the blows directed at you.

Old 2016-09-06, 18:22   Link #296
DemonneoPT

Just like the telekinesis in the movie Chronicle (2012), where the characters had an invisible force field in their skin which allowed them to take powerfull hits and still get up for more. Maybe in Mob's universe something similar to that happens!

Btw, i found this really funny and may explain a lot of things..lol:
Spoiler for Relatable pic:
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-06, 18:59   Link #297
Hakai

So Teru became a Shigeo-kun fanboy .

Loved that bitchsmacking in the end, it was beautiful.
Old 2016-09-07, 05:29   Link #298
LevelSeven

Quote:
I always assumed that was because of the barriers they put up. After all if you can move objects it's not too much work to apply a force that repels/softens the blows directed at you.
yeah, that is the case, and therefore they are more durable than humans, otherwise the tree-crushing would have resulted in mortal injuries
Old 2016-09-07, 06:00   Link #299
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
yeah, that is the case, and therefore they are more durable than humans, otherwise the tree-crushing would have resulted in mortal injuries
Wait, if you think so then why did you say that "barriers work only against supernatural powers" a few posts above ? I mean, if it's a telekinetic barrier/forcefield it's going to work all the same for any physical blow, supernatural or not.

Old 2016-09-07, 08:24   Link #300
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 9:
Never knew that both Koyama and Terada got beaten by Shigeo! Sasuga Mob~!

Meanwhile, I'm hoping that Ritsu and his friends would meet Shigeo on the next episode...
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote