AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 8 21.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 35.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 16.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 18.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 8.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-10-03, 08:57   Link #41
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post

I think that whole three person group of Gjallerhorn newbies are going to be one of those groups with peculiar quirks. I've seen Julietta's kind of character before and I don't think she's going to last long. The other two seem like Ein 2.0 and and older male version of Carta. They should all bring in some hilarity.
Na if he was the next Carta he would not have seen right threw Choco mans challenge. Carta was just a figurehead he actually seems political savy. Will he be a a Match for Choco man probably not but he should be a good character.
Old 2016-10-03, 09:16   Link #42
Batknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Na if he was the next Carta he would not have seen right threw Choco mans challenge. Carta was just a figurehead he actually seems political savy. Will he be a a Match for Choco man probably not but he should be a good character.
This is correct. Unlike Carta, Lastel Elion commands the Arianrhod fleet (remember the huge fleet of ships that almost wiped out Tekkadan back the Dort Colonies before Kudelia told them not to, yeah those guys.) Anyways this fleet maintains order in the outer spheres which is infested by pirates, mercenaries, and other criminal organizations. Thus they would be vastly more experienced than the orbital fleet Carta commanded which was basically just for show and not something anyone took seriously.
Batknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 09:20   Link #43
Butagami

With the other Seven Stars revealed, and (some at least) presented as quite capable, I wonder if McGillis will still be able to puppeteer everyone as in season 1. I'd like to see what happens once his plans start failing. Will he adapt on the go, or break down?

Also, mostly I'm impressed with how good the english on screens etc. is in this series, but I laughed quite hard when I noticed that one of the fallen soldiers on that plaque was called Purple Downey...
Old 2016-10-03, 09:38   Link #44
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
I think he's much too arrogant and has a slightly pompous way of speaking that reminds me of her, and that's going to be his downfall. He saw behind McGillis' words, but he really only saw behind the first layer, only what McGillis wanted him to see. It's obvious that this isn't really his entire plan. I highly doubt that anyone in the Seven Stars would really be enough to challenge that man, he's studied them too long from the background. Also them all being from the creme de la creme also hurts them in this kind of story where it's the underdog and downtrodden that are the heroes.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 09:45   Link #45
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

It was alright. Having to wait til the end to see Barbatos (again) was annoying.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 10:29   Link #46
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
I think he's much too arrogant and has a slightly pompous way of speaking that reminds me of her, and that's going to be his downfall. He saw behind McGillis' words, but he really only saw behind the first layer, only what McGillis wanted him to see. It's obvious that this isn't really his entire plan. I highly doubt that anyone in the Seven Stars would really be enough to challenge that man, he's studied them too long from the background. Also them all being from the creme de la creme also hurts them in this kind of story where it's the underdog and downtrodden that are the heroes.
While Tekkadan and Kudelia aren't trusting the guy as he manipulated both them and his friends, they know what he does to his friends, the guy will present himself as the ally of weak.

McGillis will destroy Gjallarhorn as it is and form it in his image.

Thus this hero gambit of his.

Still even with the instabilities making people wish Gjallarhorn does its job some factions would rather Gjallarhorn be gone permanently.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 10:37   Link #47
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
While Tekkadan and Kudelia aren't trusting the guy as he manipulated both them and his friends, they know what he does to his friends, the guy will present himself as the ally of weak.

McGillis will destroy Gjallarhorn as it is and form it in his image.

Thus this hero gambit of his.

Still even with the instabilities making people wish Gjallarhorn does its job some factions would rather Gjallarhorn be gone permanently.
The thing is, while part of Gjallarhorn are corrupt, they do in fact serve a purpose and the rest of the space areas are feeling that vacuum with the increase of war and terrorism. And while Tekkadan is awesome, even they aren't made to do what Gjallerhorn did, which was basically to be and overreaching police force. I think McGillis has a plan to correct this, but we just don't know what it is yet. Something needs to be done, that's for sure.

As for Kudelia and Orga, well, he still does have a contract with them when they agreed to take his help as Montag, so no matter what they may feel like personally, they still have to work with him. But I'm wondering what he's going to do with that connection?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-10-03, 13:38   Link #48
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

By the way, does anyone has an idea why Kudelia refused to throw the guy a bone? While words alone aren't enough, words are where she started. She should respect that. Or did she already know he was some kind of terrorist?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 14:02   Link #49
Tenzen12

Well, if she threw bone to every random guy who want parasite on her fame she wouldn't do anything else but that...
Old 2016-10-03, 14:05   Link #50
foxbox360
New Age Badass

It good to see the boys are back in town but how long was the timeskip?
Old 2016-10-03, 14:21   Link #51
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

She realized that he was trying to manipulate her, it looks like, as he was bringing up ideologies she doesn't need anymore, as she said to him. Kudelia's already seen the end result of being a pawn. She probably has no intention of being one again.
Old 2016-10-03, 15:06   Link #52
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
She realized that he was trying to manipulate her, it looks like, as he was bringing up ideologies she doesn't need anymore, as she said to him. Kudelia's already seen the end result of being a pawn. She probably has no intention of being one again.
He was trying to ride on her coattails, yes. So what? How is that, in itself, a problem?

As for ideologies... What's changed?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 15:14   Link #53
darkone45

Quote:
Unlike Carta he seems capable and might give Mika a hard time I even dare say he might have the AV system on his back ( I have a theory that he was a child soldier during the last part of the calamity war ) I wouldn't be shocked if he had that. as for McGillis I think his way over his head now, mustang try to do the same with King Bradley and it didn't turn out well from him in the middle parts of FMA
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 15:46   Link #54
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He was trying to ride on her coattails, yes. So what? How is that, in itself, a problem?

Considering the guy's organization is called Terra Liberis I think his position is complete secession from Earth.

Kudelia wanted economic independence of Mars so the people's standard of living would rise. Gjallarhorn's totalitarian tactics and mismanagement of half-metal market isn't really profitable for Mars, Earth or anybody else. Power blocs can't make reforms they want to due to Gjallarhorn interference to their internal politics.

Note half-metal is implied to be needed for production of Ahab reactors. Gjallarhorn has a monopoly on Ahab reactor manufacturing.

Mars needs Earth and Kudelia recognizes that.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 17:04   Link #55
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

Her entire thinking process got a huge change after Fumitan's death. She still has her ideals and beliefs but she no longer believes that words will solve the problem. Also, she knows the power of her presence and her words if she does decide to speak. She can't associate with just anyone. People hold her words in extremely high regard as the Maiden. She's not just a person but an icon. She has a responsibility to others now. She can't just speak anywhere or do whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
Unlike Carta he seems capable and might give Mika a hard time I even dare say he might have the AV system on his back ( I have a theory that he was a child soldier during the last part of the calamity war ) I wouldn't be shocked if he had that. as for McGillis I think his way over his head now, mustang try to do the same with King Bradley and it didn't turn out well from him in the middle parts of FMA
He's not old enough to have been in the first war, that was at least a century ago or more if I remember right (in fact, I think it might have been 300 years). McGillis' dad was older than him and was never in the war either. So all of these guys we see now are descendants of the original seven who started Gjallerhorn. All of the family heads have Gundams that were passed down, but nobody uses the AV system because of the stigma associated with it. I think if this guy had it, Gaelio wouldn't have been confused or wanted to vomit upon seeing it for the first time in the beginning of last season.

And never underestimate McGilis. Because he comes from the gutter he is usually able to see more clearly than all the other 7 Stars who were born into their positions. Also he's a master manipulator and knows things and has connections that nobody else has. And he could care less about "glory" or "pride", which this guy obviously does.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-10-03, 17:05   Link #56
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Calamity War was 300 years prior. No one alive has been in it.
Old 2016-10-03, 17:14   Link #57
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
bringing up again, what is up with Julieta? is she like confined in a closed space since she was a child that she might never know what a butterfly is as she tried to eat it despite not tasting good?
What I want to know is if Juileta is really a girl or a guy. Because she looks like a trap, if you know what I mean. lol

@Irenesharda

Welcome back, I missed your discussion of the show.
Old 2016-10-03, 17:30   Link #58
Skye629

[QUOTE=wissenschaft;5957242]Finally, the show I've been waiting for is back. Khudelia is certainly smexy. After spending all season 1 looking for a way not to be useless, I'm glad season 2 starts off with her leading her own corporation (the most important one on mars at that).

This first episode was very well pace and a nice mix of set up and action. Also, a great entrance by Mika. And look, he smiled when he said "its good to be back". Hes showing more emotion as time goes on.

Mcgills shows that politics on the "enemy" side will continue to be a big theme of the shows. Its what I love about gundams, showing both sides of a conflict. You end up wanting to follow and predict the actions of the antagonists as much as the protagonist.

Who wants to place bets on which new guy bites the dust first?[/QUOTE|

"New" as in Tekkadans newbies? Gjallerhorns "new" characters? Or in general?
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 17:30   Link #59
Skaddix

Eh I am not sure how good McGillis so far he has only really played people who he was "close to" Carta who was in love with him and Gali Gali his BFF and who is father who was busy dealing with other crap. You can say he played Tekkadan but that was more mutually beneficial especially since Mika figured him out immediately. He didn't even finish Gali off it seems.

Still nice setup for S2. McGillis damaging Gjhallahorn basically screwed everyone by destabilizing Earth and Mars at the same time. Tekkadan being so good means everyone wants to get on the AV system and child soldiers.

Gjhallahorn new triumvirate is interesting enough. We got psycho chick pilot, Nils 2.0 and a new rival for McGillis. Although I am interested in what is going on with the Issue Family. I thought it was mentioned Carta had some brothers so are they too young to be relevant or is there a massive debate over who is next in line?

Hash or whatever not impressing me. I do think the dichotomy between the Tekkadan Regulars and Noobs was nice. Noobs are like lets get some glory, then crapping their pants, underestimating Mika, not knowing the AV system has high risks and thinking we are winning at the moment means the fights going well. Nice to see everyone in different positions and getting more responsibility. Ride was hilarious. Orga hates his job. Mika not leaving the car was a bit of surprise maybe some evolution. The Orga and Mika dynamic is the same. Points to what the Pirates aren't getting. Tekkadan works because they have a tactical genius and a combat genius together.

Kudelia has evolved a lot. Still good at seeing through people trying to play her and doesn't believe in speeches. Although she still thinking she and Orga are an anyway equivalent suggests she hasn't totally changed and she still has a leak problem.

Honestly this is a Gundam with enough going on you could easily see it going past two seasons.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 17:41   Link #60
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
. Mika not leaving the car was a bit of surprise maybe some evolution. The Orga and Mika dynamic is the same. Points to what the Pirates aren't getting. Tekkadan works because they have a tactical genius and a combat genius together.
Mika actually was going to leave the car though. Only reason he didn't was because Cookie and Cracker begged him not to.