AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2016-09-12, 23:53   Link #2901
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semblance_of_Power View Post
wait, I just realized he was controlling regular titans this whole battle, how does that fit in with their idea that they're also under siege by regular titans and that's why they need the coordinate power?
He wasn't "controlling" them, he was "commanding" them as their leader.
All the titans he brought with him were obviously shifters, who have a consciousnes. Or else they couldn't have lined up in a perfect circle. Besides: All of them appeared out of nowhere meaning they transformed on the spot.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-13, 09:08   Link #2902
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
He wasn't "controlling" them, he was "commanding" them as their leader.
All the titans he brought with him were obviously shifters, who have a consciousnes. Or else they couldn't have lined up in a perfect circle. Besides: All of them appeared out of nowhere meaning they transformed on the spot.
No I disagree with this. Besides we know that that Zeke turned into titans and controlled people from Connie's village.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-13, 10:55   Link #2903
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm torn on the chapter. On the one hand, it had some good plot advancement. On the other hand, it took an entire chapter to cover what could've been covered in about a third of a chapter.
I kinda felt that Isayama was trolling use with the latest chapter's pacing. Still, it could have been worse. It could have ended before they find the picture.
Old 2016-09-14, 00:06   Link #2904
shadow of the day

What if there's a civilization like the humans but instead of humans they are titans, and they want to kill the Humans, some vols back, Connie found that the titans don't need to eate humans for live, so they want to kill all the humans,some of they can transform into humans and titans so they can controll the titans and control the titans who can't change his form, I don't know I'm just trying to think about something
Old 2016-09-14, 00:35   Link #2905
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
No I disagree with this. Besides we know that that Zeke turned into titans and controlled people from Connie's village.
We know that he could transform them, but the result were the typical mindless titans, who acted on their instincts. Here we had a large group of titans who were acting on plan.
Besides: We didn't see how he was able to change the people of Connie's village and how long he needed to do so. Maybe he had a bag full of the titan serum Armin recieved recently and injected them one after the other.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 12:19   Link #2906
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 85
That was a good chapter but this is turning into Gantz kinda story. I am sad the Erwin never got to see the truth for what it was. But he did good for his country and the human race.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 22:51   Link #2907
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Armin was chosen over Erwin because main casts can never die that easily. :v

By the end of the chapter, it appears there are other human civilizations exist, outside the wall. Eren's dad, Grisha, probably came from a more prosperous, peaceful and possibly more technologically advanced civilization. Whilst BRAY came from a separate, war-torn, tribal factions. Regardless, there's a possibility that every faction outside the wall desire to obtain the Coordinate for their survival. Who got first wins.

This chapter also remind us all that mankind's passionate curiosity can never be stopped when it is what worth living to keep us mankind moving forward.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-05, 22:08   Link #2908
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Raw spoilers are out, the back story of Gresiha jegaer and his son, the monkey titan!
Old 2016-10-07, 09:33   Link #2909
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Spoiler for Ch. 86:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-07, 10:20   Link #2910
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

-This chapter confirmed Eren has half-brother and his name is Zeke.
- Ymir is name of tribe with Titan power, Ymir we know most likely from this tribe and i got feeling "Ymir" is not Ymir true name.
- Titan was power from contract with devil, no science at all....Titan origin was supernatural.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-07, 11:18   Link #2911
Honoakari
Lurking Member

So now... what?

Spoiler:
Quote:
- Titan was power from contract with devil, no science at all....Titan origin was supernatural.
Not necessarily. Maybe they interpreted it as supernatural because they didn't know any better. Perhaps ancestor Ymir discovered a fallen alien ship, or something like that? We'll probably never know...
Old 2016-10-07, 11:54   Link #2912
Ultragunner

holly molly
Spoiler for chapter 86:
Old 2016-10-07, 12:56   Link #2913
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

As I thought that Zeke is Grishia sons.... at first, I thought he was Grishia brothers till chapter 85 out... that photo prove my doubt~~
But seriously, those soldier truly need to be punished...
Old 2016-10-07, 16:00   Link #2914
ReddyRedWolf

Well goes to show you can never trust a Zeke.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-07, 18:55   Link #2915
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
holly molly
Spoiler for chapter 86:

They show you Grisha sister being eaten alive by dogs or wolves.

Both societies biggest mistake was subjugating the class of the people that can oppose them. Man it would be a problem if this select group of people rises up against me let me treat them like shit.. Hey look treating them like shit back fired.
Old 2016-10-07, 21:10   Link #2916
Ultragunner

^ ohh, I kinda missed thar , but still, murdering a kid like that?
Old 2016-10-08, 00:14   Link #2917
Peanutbutter

Wow, what an intense exposition chapter. There's gonna be lots of pouring and discussion on this.

And poor Grisha's imouto. Maybe it's just me, but I felt it was perhaps implied the MP did something to her before setting her to her death.

EDIT: Finished reading the chapter. It's really hard to say who's right, who's wrong anymore. It's all about the indoctrination, propaganda feed into the people from young. Maybe this includes us as well. And it's already shown time and again, that this can be distorted.

Really, how is the series gonna end soon like that? This is really like FF3, where you realised everything you did so far was just on a continent and there's another big world out there.

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2016-10-08 at 00:32.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-08, 07:51   Link #2918
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

My favorite part of this chapter is the Moe Titan easter egg. The appearance of that one resistance member always standing near Grisha, and the fate that was said to have befallen them all at the very end of the chapter... there is no way that is coincidence. This is the kind of really clever fan service I really enjoy.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-08, 08:59   Link #2919
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

"The plot thickens"

We are finally getting to know more about this world, the faction BRA comes from and the truth behind what led to the current situation.

However there are sill many pieces missing form the puzzle so it's hard establishing what are my impressions so far without knowing the full story.

For instance who the hell are all of those titans that surround the walled city of the Elodian refugees? Were they placed there by king Fritz himself to discourage any attempt to flee the country? Or were they placed there by Mare (after stealing the titan powers) as a way to ensure the Elodians wouldn't ever get out from their walls?

Moreover just what kind of messed up reason brought Fritz to sacrifice millions (it said millions right?) of colossal titans to an eternal slumber just to create walls, to wipe out all the memories of his people and perhaps even to condemn thousands of other people to restlessly roam the outside as mindless man-eating titans?

It is very hard to believe that Mare actually won their war by stealing some titan power when Elodia ostensibly has the coordinate power and millions of colossal titans to their side.

The last question is about BRA. It would seem that they are the selected young Elodians that Mare decided to send to the walled city in order to destroy them. However given the fact that they consider Zeke their leader, they are probably also secretly part of the resistance.

But just how messed up is their mind if in order to restore the Elodian power they didn't refrain from killing thousands of their own people?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-08, 10:38   Link #2920
ReddyRedWolf

There is another side of the story we aren't clear yet. Inside the Walls.

Well here is the thing. Either the Rheiss family stole the Coordinate from the Fritz or the Rheiss were the Fritz all along. Installing fakes to the throne. At some point the Ackerman family was nearly wiped out being deemed a threat inside the Walls of Paradi island.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote