AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 36 Rating
Perfect 10 8 27.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 27.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 31.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 13.79%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-12-11, 08:12   Link #21
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
So, now we have Metal Gear RAY. What is next?
A destroyed Metal Gear RAY

On a more serious note, thats one of the few times I legit felt bad for the unnamed grunts/mooks in a gundam show, wathing those Plumas swarm then om nom drill/crush them was pretty unfortunate (the other time was when the MS/Pilots were getting assimilated by the ELS). Imagine what it was like during the Calamity War when multiple MA were rampant with even larger Pluma forces

What a shitty ass way to go. At least the people who got vaped by the beam cannon went fast and painlessly......
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 08:23   Link #22
tdx

I wonder what Mika is going to do to put the MA back on the course they need it on...

Come to think of it, we haven't seen Azee or Lafter in this episode at all, which is kinda weird, as they (Lafter at least) usually act as part of Akihiro's unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Goes to show McGillis is a big picture guy. His immediate concern is awakening the giant mass producing death bot called an Angel killing everyone on the planet and beyond that he forgot the whole kill one get a medal and rank up. Since That Stupid Idiot awoke it he now has no choice but to put it down himself and earn that medal.
I humbly beg to differ. McGillis sees the bigger picture, yes, but he isn't quite as pure-hearted and noble as you seem to imply. When Isurugi walked up to him the first time, what is implied is that he was expecting McGillis to evacuate and likely leave Tekkadan to deal with the MA on their own. But McGillis decided he would take part in the MA hunt, too, but not so much out of noble concerns for people's lives and such, but because he worked hard to get Mars under his influence and Mars, along with Tekkadan, plays a big part in furthering his plans, moreover after Iok's mention of the 7 star medal, he came to see the additional benefits obtaining such a medal would provide him, thus his decision, it's made first and foremost out of serving to his interests, not out of goodness of his heart,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
what's weird is that the Hashmal & Plumas didn't seem to react to Akihiro's team attacking them despite their Mobile Suits, along with the Gundam Gusion's twin Ahab reactors should have them getting chased by the MA's,
Imo, it shows how intelligent the MA is and how its priorities are ordered: first of all it strives to wipe out as many people as possible in one go, that is, searching for densely populated areas, and only then will it go to crush the few pesky humans in MSs one by one.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 08:35   Link #23
xeviouses

Somebody please kill Iok already, the guy doesn't deserve his status nor his men. Those redshirts died for nothing.

Really impressed with how fast McGillis adapts his plan according to the current circumstances. Having an Order of the Seven Stars under his name would give him a far greater influence than simply climbing Gjallarhorn ranks.

Did the NL armor just diffuse the beam?
Old 2016-12-11, 09:01   Link #24
Irenesharda

I love the look of Mika's face when the MA reveals itself. I honestly think that's most emotion that we've seen him facially show this entire series.

Also, Hashmal's theme is great. I love how it's orchestral but not altogether dark or forboding. In fact it sound lyrical and triumphant like its namesake.

Iok shall officially be renamed "Idiot the Fool". He already has two of the five letters, might as well finish the job. I have never seen a character fall so low so fast.

I'm even more convinced that Gaelio wanted Iok to go for some reason. Somehow, all the things he says feel like they ring false. (S1 McGillis would be proud. ) And then want to split up from Julietta? It's just feels like he planned for all this somehow.

This episode had great tension and build up, and you just are wondering how they will beat it. Basically the MAs are indeed terminators, created to kill as many people as possible. But there are ways to kill terminators... it will just be very, very dangerous.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 09:02   Link #25
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
Somebody please kill Iok already, the guy doesn't deserve his status nor his men. Those redshirts died for nothing.
Indeed, he makes Carta look competent, and that's saying something. Only, I have this disturbing feeling that Iok will survive this despite all odds and us wanting him gone already...
Old 2016-12-11, 09:05   Link #26
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

The real heroes are Iok's men this episode. This boi needs to leave.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 09:12   Link #27
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Is it me or Iok Kujan's stupidity has caused civilian casualties at the farm near Chryse? Even though Ride managed to block the Mobile Armor's beam shot, seems that the beam has a mind of its own, which it got past Ride's Shiden and went to the civilians instead.

Good thing Ride is safe, but I feel that his death might be around the corner on the next episode. Meanwhile, seems that McGills won't be piloting the Helmwige as he's sticking with the Graze Ritter. Does it mean that his assistant knows about McGills' secret identity as Montag?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 09:15   Link #28
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
Indeed, he makes Carta look competent, and that's saying something. Only, I have this disturbing feeling that Iok will survive this despite all odds and us wanting him gone already...
Carta, at least, was amusing thanks to her hamminess and the blonde dude 2nd to the right. Iok is just irritating.

Its either Iok or Ride who'll get the Patrick treatment, I hope its Ride.
Old 2016-12-11, 09:22   Link #29
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
I Does it mean that his assistant knows about McGills' secret identity as Montag?
Probably, Isurugi acts as his intelligence man as well, so he's in the business of both keeping and finding out secrets.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 09:39   Link #30
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so Mika insulted the Hashamal that is an angel turning it into a bird,
also his reaction when seeing that thing reactivated, he was like "wooooow!!" like seeing a super hot babe walk into a bar.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 09:45   Link #31
bryanmerel

This episode just confirms my long pushed theory. Laminate armor is damn OP!
bryanmerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 09:47   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So the thing that gets me about Iok is not that he awaken the MA, because I mean that could happen to anybody.

It's not that he shot at the MA which resulted in it diverting it's attention elsewhere, because I mean it's not like he knew what Tekkadan was planning.

It's that he shot at it ONCE, didn't look at it to CONFIRM the kill, just called it a day, and ran ALL THE WAY to safety

That's some next level shit lol.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 10:02   Link #33
dragon1412

so Kudelia and Atra positions is now in Jeopardy because of Hashmal. 1st time seeing Mika so entranced with something.

Joke aside, very good episode, especially that last part when Ride try to use his MS to protect the plant, Iok should go die already.

So who is the penultimate masked rival in IBO, is it Montag or Vidar ???
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 10:30   Link #34
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
also his reaction when seeing that thing reactivated, he was like "wooooow!!" like seeing a super hot babe walk into a bar.
Awesome comparison I find it hilarious how both Atra and Kudelia instantly lost hands down in Mika's eyes to the 30m-something beam-spewing ancient steel beauty I mean, the most Kudelia, arguably the show's prettiest female, ever got from Mika was an emotionless 'I thought you were cute', and Atra even less than that, while a steel pterodactyl of mass destruction gets a highly impressed wow and you can almost hear an accompanying whistle of approval

On a more serious note, but somewhat related, something in the narration at the beginning bothered me a little. What Merribit says is "Only something inhuman can stop it[the MA]" (やつを止められるのは人ならざるのみ yatsu wo tomerareru no wa hito-narazaru mono no mi) and the camera focuses on Mika. That's a disturbing not-so-subtle hint
Old 2016-12-11, 10:37   Link #35
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Is it me or Iok Kujan's stupidity has caused civilian casualties at the farm near Chryse? Even though Ride managed to block the Mobile Armor's beam shot, seems that the beam has a mind of its own, which it got past Ride's Shiden and went to the civilians instead.

Good thing Ride is safe, but I feel that his death might be around the corner on the next episode. Meanwhile, seems that McGills won't be piloting the Helmwige as he's sticking with the Graze Ritter. Does it mean that his assistant knows about McGills' secret identity as Montag?
It is speculated early on that the reason we don't see beam weapons is that Nano-laminate armor no sells beam weapons. This episode confirms it and presents disadvantages like collateral damage.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 10:39   Link #36
bryanmerel

On another note, who's exited to see Machine Shovel Knight in Battle? XD
bryanmerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 10:50   Link #37
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
so Kudelia and Atra positions is now in Jeopardy because of Hashmal. 1st time seeing Mika so entranced with something.

Joke aside, very good episode, especially that last part when Ride try to use his MS to protect the plant, Iok should go die already.

So who is the penultimate masked rival in IBO, is it Montag or Vidar ???
He has always looked out for them both. His reaction to Kudal was probably thinking about if the Brewers won the girls will be human debris and was one of the few people he thinks deserves to be terminated with extreme prejudice rather than Another target
Old 2016-12-11, 10:50   Link #38
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurial View Post
But PS armor still like a butter when it comes to beam weapon :/ and anti-beam coating still didnt do shit against beam weapon :/ they still exploded in one hit and PS is good against physical combat but 99% of the MS and Gundam use beam weapon XD

ShinoXYamagi confirm :P

Orga is piloting a MS now, that is something I was hoping for since season one. I Just rewatch the preview he didnt it was a mobile worker :/ aw man
They use beam weapons because physical weapons are useless were as the M.S. here use conventional weapons because beam weapons are useless.
Old 2016-12-11, 11:28   Link #39
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

not sure why Ride was the first person who frantically rushed to the agricultural plant, there are people over there that he knew? friends & such, hence why he feels unsettled? or he was just trying to do his job, protecting innocent lives.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 11:44   Link #40
kyuzoaoi

Iok, we're not impressed at your bouts of stupidity.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Also, I think that nano-laminate armors still have their limitations.
kyuzoaoi is offline   Reply With Quote