AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 37 Rating
Perfect 10 10 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 40.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 6.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-12-18, 10:28   Link #41
Galaxian

I hate that this episode ended the exact same way as the previous one, but I can't help but get shills at seeing Barbatos' eyes turn red.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 10:38   Link #42
deadite

I hate how this Limiter business is keeping us from seeing complete Monster/Angel Hunter Gundam Team up.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 10:46   Link #43
Twi

My review is up. To keep it short, this episode was excellent as those that came before in how it showed the personalities of the different characters, but at one point they brought up the final battle of the first season and I can't help but think that it's actually pretty similar to that. Just like how all their attempts to stop Eins failed, the Mobile Armor completely decimated every other suit sent against it until Barbatos stepped up and Mikazuki makes a deal with the metal devil in order to gain the strength to beat it. I'm not complaining, but it does leave me wondering just where they're going to go from here. The season is only halfway over and you're already removing the limiter on your super prototype machine, so you can't really get any higher-tier than that.
Old 2016-12-18, 11:09   Link #44
Raviel

Shino you're a cool guy and all, but please stop naming and coloring things (half-serious about this lmao)
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 11:33   Link #45
kyuzoaoi

Looks like the Flauros owned the day.

Spoiler for spoiler:
kyuzoaoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 12:01   Link #46
xeviouses

Wow, once again the holidays gave me reason to hate it.

So the damage this time would be on Mika's waist? Damn, he slowly become exactly like Ein did, forever confined in his MS.

I like how the transformation of the Flauros was slow, unlike the usual snap changes in other Gundam shows. Lends brevity to the fact that Flauros is a heavy weapons platform.

Still, Galaxy Cannon!? with a Super Robot pose at the end!? Is Shino trying to give Sakai Minato new ideas for Tryon4!?
Old 2016-12-18, 12:55   Link #47
kp_ol

Even this episode is so annoying in role reuse [Iok and Ride] , But it let us know how strong can MA be and Why they name them angel. [If it down in this episode , it will not good and make plot weaker and it maybe not good if let nearly lost first style like some shonen-manga]
So we will see next ep. how true form of demon is. [And ... price]
It tell some clue what happen to pilot 300 years ago too.[And maybe that time there more MA than this bird.]
About how to cure mika ... I think we may find some clue at moon like helmet that vidar use.

note: So Flauros is heavy railgun? type . [And some guy tell that it's let him thinking about siege tank in SC universe]
kp_ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 13:00   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
These are definitely some plain troublesome Gundams to pilot. Go full tilt against the things they were designed to kill, which makes sense. But considering it basically wrecks the pilot in the process it is kind of an annoying system.

Kind of surprised with Vidar. Guess the whole point of him being on this mission is just to tell McGillis that he's still alive...Surprising that he decided to do his job instead of just focusing on the chance to kill the man he wants to kill. Why bother giving him an opportunity to face you in a better suit later? This is the best chance he's going to get for revenge.

A high price to be paid next week. But not like Mika left anyone much choice. Sadly it might just be too late to really help this guy take better care of himself. Mika was always a fairly messed up character and I'm sure he doesn't care about sacrificing a lot of himself to get the job done. Doesn't stop him from crawling into the Gundam to fight so it's fine.
Old 2016-12-18, 14:07   Link #49
Wandering Soul

Well it looks like Vidar still remembered he should be focusing on and is willing to put aside his revenge for now. I have no doubt that he will eventually find a way to get even with McGillis though.

Mika is going to have to pay a price for going all out again, which raises the question: what will he lose this time? From the preview, I would say his waist or spine.
Old 2016-12-18, 14:12   Link #50
Shlugo

Juliet really has her hands full babysitting Iok, the walking argument against giving military positions based on birth. Her faces this episode were amazing.

So, Gundams were build to fight Mobile Armors, but actually using them against the Armors is suicidal. I see now why out of 72 Gundam pilots only 7 survived the war.

Kudelia said that she likes Mikazuki! Squee!

Flauros has a Gauss canon? Well that's pretty awesome.

GALAXY CANNON!

I love how easily the Mobile Armor took them all down even when separated from the plumes. It shows just why something like Gundam frames with it's terrible cost is actually needed to fight the thing.

Hell yeah, next episode we'll finally get a Gundam vs Mobile Armor fight! Can't wait.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 14:27   Link #51
FerrusManus

This limiter thing... my theory is a that this is some kind of electronic warfare. The Mobile Armours use some kind of ECM/Disruption field to send the system of their biggest enemies into haywire. It's quite possible that the MA's themselves developed this system to counter Gundams and other AV-equipped mobile suits.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 14:37   Link #52
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post
Juliet really has her hands full babysitting Iok, the walking argument against giving military positions based on birth. Her faces this episode were amazing.

So, Gundams were build to fight Mobile Armors, but actually using them against the Armors is suicidal. I see now why out of 72 Gundam pilots only 7 survived the war.

Kudelia said that she likes Mikazuki! Squee!
Well, since Kudelia also backtracked on that statement by saying that she "likes Atra too", I'd temper my expectations a bit there. Especially since when Mika flew out there, he only had one person on his mind, and I doubt it was either Atra or Kudelia.

I don't think it was just 7 that survived, several other pilots lived to be able to have families and such, evidenced by the gundams we see in side material.

However, the top seven pilots, lead by Agnika who formed Gjallarhorn, were probably those who could do what Mika is doing, which is able to go all out on the system and survive.
Not all those who used the Gundams could (which is why the safety limiter was put into place) which is fine. Like Akihiro and Shino can't take what Mika can. But those who not only could, but were willing too, were probably those who got the most kills aka Agnika and the Seven Stars.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 14:59   Link #53
Tenzen12

It's also possible that methods of AV operation was much safer. In present it's used as way to make cheap soldiers. If 7 stars and co weren't that hung on money three or even four transplant could be standard for Gundam pilots.
Old 2016-12-18, 15:53   Link #54
Irenesharda

That's also possible. Remember that CGS was just doing pretty much "back alley surgeries" using pretty shoddy material, conditions, etc. when they gave the kids all these AV systems.

Technology was much more advanced 300 years ago as well, so it's quite possible that those pilots were much better in tuned with the machines and didn't have the same type of damage to the pilots' bodies.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-12-18, 18:02   Link #55
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
That's also possible. Remember that CGS was just doing pretty much "back alley surgeries" using pretty shoddy material, conditions, etc. when they gave the kids all these AV systems.

Technology was much more advanced 300 years ago as well, so it's quite possible that those pilots were much better in tuned with the machines and didn't have the same type of damage to the pilots' bodies.
It is not they lost the technology more like Gjallarhorn black boxed it. As seen with Graze Ein they still have the knowledge base.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 19:43   Link #56
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
It is not they lost the technology more like Gjallarhorn black boxed it. As seen with Graze Ein they still have the knowledge base.
It's not just that, even current Gjallarhorn has nothing compared to what they used to have. Look at the MAs, which are totally automated, and automation used to be the norm for the rich pre-Calamity War, even Gjallarhorn has nothing close.
This also shows in comparing the grazes with the gundams. One is definitely much better built and will last for much longer.

Remember that the MAs not only killed people, but destroyed civilizations. So, it's perfectly plausible that a lot of tech just became lost as humanity put itself back together after the war.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-12-18, 19:53   Link #57
darkone45

I just came to a realisation Mikazuki won't be able to walk like, a certain other character we saw in this season I really hope this won't a effect a certain relationship that in a good place right now or I will be very mad at this show

Last edited by darkone45; 2016-12-18 at 23:37.
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 21:10   Link #58
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Mika is gonna end up a cripple at this rate
Old 2016-12-18, 21:17   Link #59
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post
~26 Frames survived actually, so a little more than 1/3

Dont forget, the Gundams were not the only MS fighting the MA's, there were standard MS from the time (eg. Rodis), and other more specialized units like the Valkyrie frames backing them up
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 22:00   Link #60
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
There will be an episode next week. It's the New Years holiday the week after that we'll get our break.

Remember, Japan is the inverse of the West, where New Years is the big holiday and Christmas is a nice side add-on.

The problem with that is, UNLESS you have the AV system, you won't be able to pull out it's full potential at all. He's already piloting a Gundam with a handicap since they supposed to be used with an AV system. Maybe if Ein was in there doing it for him? But not him by himself.

And I don't think he has any interest in the MA at all, he seems really blase about it.

You havent noticed Ein is literally part of Vidar have you ? Ein, Galli, and Vidar are linked together their all one when in the cockpit through a system that has not been explained yet.