AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 37 Rating
Perfect 10 10 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 40.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 6.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-12-18, 22:01   Link #61
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

It would be a real shame if Vidar really wonít take part in defeating Hashmal. Why? Coz his Attack-on-Titan gear is perfect for battling giants! Oh, the irony .....

Also, I find it really funny that the gap of knowledge between Iok & Zack is so wide (at least when it comes to history).

And did anyone notice Chadís Tomahawk-Throw??! That was freakiní good!
Old 2016-12-18, 22:35   Link #62
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
You havent noticed Ein is literally part of Vidar have you ? Ein, Galli, and Vidar are linked together their all one when in the cockpit through a system that has not been explained yet.
And you know this... how?
Old 2016-12-18, 22:59   Link #63
NBG

Ride is my favorite now
What a badass
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 23:04   Link #64
DMurphy

Quote:
You havent noticed Ein is literally part of Vidar have you ? Ein, Galli, and Vidar are linked together their all one when in the cockpit through a system that has not been explained yet.
That's not confirmed, or even anywhere close to confirmed. It's been vaguely implied, but it's certainly not something we know for sure right now.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 23:19   Link #65
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I wouldn't be too worried about Macky, he seems to have his own set of problems next episode. (I've never seen him that pissed before. ) And it was only by chance that they would have owed him this time, since the plan was always to have Akihiro, Mika, Isurugi, and McGillis all fighting at the the MA together. Macky just took advantage of a bad situation.
However, Teiwaz is another thing, that's going to be really tricky. And of course he's going to blame himself for whatever happens to Mika. Sigh...poor Orga, he has so much on his shoulders. Mika might even need to give him another pep talk.

I know a way to get back at Jasley! Tell Iok they need him to help them fight Tekkadan! Problem solved.
From the looks of things, it seems like he is gonna have to face the music with Naze. I wonder what is gonna happen, McMurdo is probably keen on rewarding them for slaying Hashmal but also irate to see the half metal mine be a deposit for weapons of mass destruction and one of their agricultural plants destroyed.
Old 2016-12-18, 23:20   Link #66
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And you know this... how?
Theres a screen shot of the cockpit and what looks exactly like Ein from the Ein Graze is there. The fact it moves Vidar moves 1 to 1 with his mobile suit and the fact Gundam Kimaris was made sleeker and more humanoid when it became Vidar something that helps Ala Valja system is being sleek and humanoid.

When has this series hinted at something and not done it ?
Old 2016-12-18, 23:29   Link #67
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Theres a screen shot of the cockpit and what looks exactly like Ein from the Ein Graze is there. The fact it moves Vidar moves 1 to 1 with his mobile suit and the fact Gundam Kimaris was made sleeker and more humanoid when it became Vidar something that helps Ala Valja system is being sleek and humanoid.

When has this series hinted at something and not done it ?
Yep. That sure does look like Ein sitting in the Vidar's cockpit. Oh wait. No it doesn't.

IBO has hinted nothing of the sort about the Gundam Vidar.
Old 2016-12-18, 23:36   Link #68
darkone45

Ein is a lost cause, and I never really cared for him as a character could be because there was nothing unique about his character from looks and personality.
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-19, 02:47   Link #69
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBG View Post
Ride is my favorite now
What a badass
Can we get a running count of how many times Ride has cheated death in both seasons combined? lol
Old 2016-12-19, 05:30   Link #70
Azurial

Ride got Mikazuki armor XD

Zack with his secret knowledge XD
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-19, 05:31   Link #71
tdx

Speaking of Ride, I was very impressed not just by his guts, but more by his ability to act without orders and to grasp the situation fast and accurate. He thought with his own head about how he could help once back on base, came up with the idea to use Shino's Shiden now that it was free, and moreover, when he got back to the scene, he figured out not only the current situation lighting fast, but also immediately saw where exactly he could be of crucial use and executed the maneuver without waiting for orders or relying on anyone. The kid's really talented.

On another note: we talked about the probability of Mika not surviving the series afew episodes ago, and one of the arguments was that the previous Gundam installments hardly ever killed their protags... so I want to ask those who was in favor of that argument: do you still find it unlikely for Mika to die at the end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well, since Kudelia also backtracked on that statement by saying that she "likes Atra too", I'd temper my expectations a bit there. Especially since when Mika flew out there, he only had one person on his mind, and I doubt it was either Atra or Kudelia.
I second this. For one, Orga is uncontested in Mika's eyes; Orga's nature is such that he tries to prioritize saving lives, including those of strangers, no matter the cost, but Mika's first and foremost priority is forever and always Orga's life alone.

And for two, while it's kind of amusing in its own right to hear people shout happily "OT3 confirmed!", it also sadly shows that not even Yukinojou x Merribit (who both are acting towards Orga a little like parents trying to help out their son in this episode, btw) taught people to exercise caution and sober head when approaching shipping in this show if they don't want to misinterpret, get invested into the wrong idea and thusly set themselves up for a disappointment. Oh well.

If you want my take on what's going on with Kudelia's feelings, I think it's something like this: at first her crush was romantic with some hero crush vibes mixed in. The events in Dorts and Fumitan's death forced Kudelia to grow up fast and reevaluate her entire mission, priorities and her life in general, so the crush got put on hold. I assume that sometime after things settled down a little, that is, sometime in the beginning of the time skip, she found time to think about it deep and hard and to sort out her feelings not only for Mika, but for everyone else she got to know in the process of her journey as well. She's a smart girl, so she realized that Atra was in love with Mika. Obviously, Kudelia came to care for Atra a great deal, too, so that realization forced the only conclusion there could be: not wanting to be in the way, Kudelia gave up on the romantic part, if there survived any, of her feelings for Mika (note how she pauses before answering Atra's blunt question and we can't see her face). Since then, the crush's been slowly fading, she probably put effort into transforming it into family-like love and desire to help and do right by them, as she is determined to view both Mika and Atra as her close family members, sans the romantic nature. Eventually, I expect any and all romantic undertones disappear completely, if they haven't already. That's why, regardless of how much of the romantic undertone still lingers in Kudelia's crush, Atra got the equalizing "I like you, too, Atra-san" from Kudelia this episode. Also, it's always been Atra who talked summarily of herself and Kudelia in regards to Mika (like in this episode, that he will come back "to us"), Kudelia has never once done that and she's never once expressed any verbal approval of such a view.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-19, 08:30   Link #72
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Zach either is a spy or will be one of their key mechanics now that the Flauros would need two pilots.
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-19, 10:52   Link #73
Tenzen12

I know that Mika is hard core glory hound, but could it kill him if for once made entry in normal fashion instead hiding behind random rocks until some of his allies almost kicks the bucket?
Old 2016-12-19, 11:09   Link #74
Batknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I know that Mika is hard core glory hound, but could it kill him if for once made entry in normal fashion instead hiding behind random rocks until some of his allies almost kicks the bucket?
No. Every entrance by the Barbatos must be the most epic, glorious, heroic thing imaginable. It's the law.
Batknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-19, 13:23   Link #75
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yep. That sure does look like Ein sitting in the Vidar's cockpit. Oh wait. No it doesn't.

IBO has hinted nothing of the sort about the Gundam Vidar.
I just noticed that those red cables coming from the mystery boxes aren't attached to anything at the bottom. Maybe it's a new form of AV system or Ein and Carta's brains that lets ViGali use his Gundam to its fullest potential. Maybe the helmet even has a function in that process?

Iok...forget it, I am so done with that guy. Hopefully Julietta reports on his incompetence and he'll get kicked out of the 7S and GH, and we'll see him as a hobo in the epilogue of this season. Or he could just die (as I've said before, without any dignity or point).

Gundams react to MA's like Unicorn reacts to Newtypes, mmkay. I'm wondering what sick stuff Barbie can do without caring about its pilot's life. And in what state will it be left after the battle? That shot of Barbie's waist with sparks flying doesn't inspire hope.
Old 2016-12-19, 13:47   Link #76
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Uh, are you serious with that statement? Mika wasn't hiding until his "big entrance". In fact, he went there as soon as possible, but it's the timing that makes it theatrical. You know that Mika doesn't care about showmanship (he's not Batman). It's the direction of the scene. So if you wanna blame someone, blame the director, not accusing the character as a gloryhound who hides.
Old 2016-12-19, 14:06   Link #77
DMurphy

I think Tenzen was making a joke there.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-19, 14:11   Link #78
Tenzen12

Sure everything blame on meta reasons.

And yeah it's joke
Old 2016-12-19, 14:15   Link #79
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If you're going to use sarcasm, you need to denote so. Lack of verbal inflection means your message isn't going to translate well on a written post. If not, don't get irritated when someone calls you out on it.
Old 2016-12-19, 16:22   Link #80
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrodriguez View Post
Zach either is a spy or will be one of their key mechanics now that the Flauros would need two pilots.
Actually, I don't think it needs two pilots. Yamagi was simply acting as his living manual because they didn't have time for Shino to learn everything when they needed the Flauros right now.
I think Yamagi being in the cockpit was a one-time thing. (Sorry, fans! )

I know there were some earlier reports that Flauros would have two pilots, but it looks like that was a mistranslation and that it would have "two people" in the cockpit, which it did, but it was never really stated that that would be a permanent thing. And I think the manual for it also disproves this.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote