AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2020-05-27, 17:43   Link #1141
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Since everyone's talking about Aerith, I'm putting it at a 50/50 chance that "that infamous scene" may get retconned for this remake.
I'd expect it to be. No reason to make your focus about defying destiny and such and then just follow destiny anyways. With the direction they are going not sure how many major scenes we can actually expect to show up in the next few parts from the original game. They may not even go to the location of that infamous scene.
Old 2020-05-27, 18:29   Link #1142
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kitase already said in the Ultimania that they'll keep following the original's plot. There will be changes of course, but something that big? No way.
Old 2020-05-27, 20:32   Link #1143
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kitase already said in the Ultimania that they'll keep following the original's plot. There will be changes of course, but something that big? No way.
Honestly I don't think it matters what he said there.
Spoiler for Ending spoilers:

I do think a debate could be made about what counts as the original plot and what counts as allowable changes while still working within that plot. But that's another discussion .

Last edited by Klashikari; 2020-05-28 at 14:35. Reason: Use spoiler tags
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-28, 01:58   Link #1144
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
They can't follow the original plot anymore and the characters have straight up rejected it.
Spoiler for Eh, not really:

I doubt events like, "Let's skip to X city because Aerith said so" will works;
Not to mention they still need to make Vincent and Yuffie canon as technically they're not canon to OG but to Compilation works.

- Life is simple, that's why it became complicated. -
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-28, 08:16   Link #1145
Void

Regarding the infamous scene, there was some foreshadowing during the final battle.

Spoiler for spoiler:

But that one pales in comparison to...

Spoiler for spoiler:

Anyone who thinks that part is going to play out identical hasn't yet realized FF7R is not a carbon copy of FF7, hasn't understood the narrative, and much less the theme, 'Reunion'.

The game continuously reminds the player through the symbology of the yellow flower, chapter titles, lore and even trophy achievements that the Reunion at hand is about...

Spoiler for spoiler:

A commercial from seven months ago already hinted at...

Spoiler for spoiler:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8075kc0OfmA

Start from minute 7:00 and pay close attention to what the guy says when the MC girlfriend tries to mention the infamous scene.
Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-28, 08:47   Link #1146
Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'd expect it to be. No reason to make your focus about defying destiny and such and then just follow destiny anyways. With the direction they are going not sure how many major scenes we can actually expect to show up in the next few parts from the original game. They may not even go to the location of that infamous scene.
They will.

TL;DR…
spoiler
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Thing is there are people that really believe there's no way to change that outcome.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Lastly...

Spoiler for spoiler:

And this what I think FF7R is about. The ED song Hollow tells also as much.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2020-05-28, 10:32   Link #1147
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
But that one pales in comparison to...

Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for Spoiler:

I'm not saying it's going to play out exactly the same because that's impossible, but I'm pretty sure Aerith's fate won't change much.
Old 2020-05-28, 11:09   Link #1148
Void

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoiler:

I'm not saying it's going to play out exactly the same because that's impossible, but I'm pretty sure Aerith's fate won't change much.
It's not from Advent Children, and is also not from the final battle, the hell are you talking about. The three visions are shown chronogically.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2020-05-28, 13:53   Link #1149
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv175
*Graphic Designer

^
Spoiler for Chapter 18:

I know some people might find annoying to keep discussing with spoiler tags, but the fact the OG game is 20+ years old doesn't mean everyone know the full scope of the story, so keep at it if the discussion goes past to the game synopsis.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2020-05-28 at 14:34.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-28, 14:06   Link #1150
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
They already made big changes that diverges from the OG. Like meeting and fighting Sephiroth this early for one. I think Kitase just means the events of the OG will still play out like going to certain places and meeting the same people but the conclusion of the story may well differ from the OG game.
Quote:
It's not from Advent Children, and is also not from the final battle, the hell are you talking about. The three visions are shown chronogically.

Spoiler for spoiler:
The others are right. What the Whispers are showing are visions from the OG and the compilation. It was not about future scenes in the Remake. Red XIII explained that it was visions of their tomorrow if they failed to defeat the Arbiters of Fate.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."

Last edited by NAJ P. Jackson; 2020-05-28 at 14:23.
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-28, 15:44   Link #1151
Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
The others are right. What the Whispers are showing are visions from the OG and the compilation. It was not about future scenes in the Remake. Red XIII explained that it was visions of their tomorrow if they failed to defeat the Arbiters of Fate.
You misunderstand, man. I know what these visions are, but what I'm saying is, these are still going to happen, but play out differently.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2020-05-28, 18:19   Link #1152
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
You misunderstand, man. I know what these visions are, but what I'm saying is, these are still going to happen, but play out differently.

Spoiler for spoiler:
You should read Klashikari's post again.

Spoiler for OG spoiler:
Old 2020-05-29, 22:17   Link #1153
The Green One

Boy oh boy.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2020-05-30, 00:33   Link #1154
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Boy oh boy.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Well obviously. No matter what someone's opinion on the remake is, everyone wants to know the if they "will" or they "won't". The actual quality of the game probably doesn't matter in fact.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-30, 06:57   Link #1155
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think they want to create hope they won't only to snatch it at the last second.

Spoiler for OG spoiler:
Old 2020-05-30, 08:49   Link #1156
Void

Quote:
I think they want to create hope they won't only to snatch it at the last second.

Spoiler for OG spoiler:
Not happening.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Boy oh boy.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
They can cry all they want, Nojima said the story script is already finished.

Spoiler for spoiler:

I find it amusing how many people are missing that point.

Last edited by Void; 2020-05-30 at 09:03.
Old 2020-05-30, 21:14   Link #1157
Shadow5YA

Quote:
They can cry all they want, Nojima said the story script is already finished.

Nojima is not the only person working on the scenario. It also goes through Toriyama for editing, along with the rank and file scenario writers that handle the dialogue.

Second, it's disingenuous to argue about "original intention" when both the original and remake go through revisions internally before the final product is released.

For example, Nojima's original plan for the Honeybee Inn in the original was for it to have multiple floors, where all the various patrons are talking about the newest hostess, Tifa (implying she had to work her way up to meet Corneo).

It was stated in an interview that the idea was shot down for being too extreme.

Even if Nojima didn't intend for Aerith to die decades ago, that does not necessarily mean anything for the final product. Again, FF7 is not the product of a single person.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-31, 01:21   Link #1158
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Even if Nojima didn't intend for Aerith to die decades ago, that does not necessarily mean anything for the final product. Again, FF7 is not the product of a single person.
Try telling the purist that. All they do is bitch about Nomura ruining FF7 when he's only the director of the project. Kitase and Nojima and many others have equal voice on the project as well.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-31, 12:38   Link #1159
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was actually reported that Kitase wanted to make rather extreme changes for the Remake, but Nomura (and Nojima, I think) shot him down. So Kitase is apparently the one who wants to depart from the original.

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:

Spoiler for OG spoilers:
Old 2020-05-31, 18:37   Link #1160
Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Try telling the purist that. All they do is bitch about Nomura ruining FF7 when he's only the director of the project. Kitase and Nojima and many others have equal voice on the project as well.
Which is why I can already foresee the massive breakdown coming from the purists when...

Spoiler for spoiler:

Like, it really won't matter that the first installment alone is heavily building up to that outcome. They don't give a damn about the narrative, they will throw a tantrum because things won't go their way. And these people have the gall to call themselves "the real fans".

I mean, I would understand if FF7R was a 1:1 carbon copy of FF7. But that's not the case, not at all. FF7R is a pseudo-sequel of the former.

Tags
final fantasy, mako energy, rpg