AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2020-07-12, 13:53   Link #21
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Some people really need to learn to not take shows like this too seriously.
I'm not going to take it seriously. I'll probably continue watching if for no other reason than I like Ayana Taketatsu, and I may indeed enjoy it. I just can't pretend to respect the main character or want to root for him if he's this weak.

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2020-07-12 at 14:43.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-12, 15:59   Link #22
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I think this is the one that I will binge for the uncensored version.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-12, 19:34   Link #23
Frontier

In the eternal battle between lust and love...Peter Grill gave in to lust .

I do feel bad for Luvelia. Not just because of the cheating thing, but because she's apparently been so sheltered and manipulated by her controlling father that she's so oblivious and naive to things like sex. I guess there's that sense of purity but now she could probably walk in on Peter in bed with two Ogre girls and have no idea what happened .

Mimi is pretty cute, and it's kind of hilarious hearing her talk and knowing Ayana Taketatsu is a freshly-married woman saying these things. And she's reunited with Hiro Shimono from Hensuki, so there's added fun in that respect .

"What have I done?" Well Peter, you just had a threesome with some hot Ogre girls. And it will probably not the last time you have sex in this anime .
Old 2020-07-12, 21:09   Link #24
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
TBH I can't like this guy after this. I'm sorry, but while there are plenty of harem paths I can like, I just have a hard time respecting a guy who's so weak-willed that he'd give in and betray his beloved that easily. He deserves to have her walk in, take one look and dump him on the spot. I might still watch since I don't really have anything better to do, but seriously I hate these "a man can't really say no" things.
Agreed. It annoys me when shows do this. If you swap the genders, people would think it's despicable. But if it's a man, sexual assault is turned into a comedic device. I'd bet my next paycheck the next episode will not feature him angry with them or them showing any contrition.

I know "it's just a TV show" but that doesn't matter, it still propagates the mindset. I know I'm being a wet blanket, but being a victim of sexual assault myself it grinds my gears when people think men can't be assaulted and it's just funny.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-12, 22:42   Link #25
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Not really sure if it goes so far as sexual assault. The way it was presented it looked more like he decided to go ahead and have sex with them of his own free will. In other words, seduction. Still not a cool move on their part to continue pressing the issue when he said he wanted to be faithful, but also really not a cool move to give in to the pressure. I've seen too many stories that say a man is always willing or a man isn't a "real man" if he refuses such a "delicious" offer, and while I can still watch them and enjoy, I can't really respect the "men" in question.
Old 2020-07-12, 23:25   Link #26
Frontier

Quote:
Not really sure if it goes so far as sexual assault. The way it was presented it looked more like he decided to go ahead and have sex with them of his own free will. In other words, seduction. Still not a cool move on their part to continue pressing the issue when he said he wanted to be faithful, but also really not a cool move to give in to the pressure. I've seen too many stories that say a man is always willing or a man isn't a "real man" if he refuses such a "delicious" offer, and while I can still watch them and enjoy, I can't really respect the "men" in question.
There was that moment at the beginning when they had red eyes and looked like they were about to jump him, but in the bedroom they were mostly just trying to entice him...which he gave into.
Old 2020-07-17, 09:29   Link #27
grecefar

Finally saw the first chapter, so the guy has been faithful for two years and with nothing more than holding hands and is know father of the girl is a scumbag, so I assume that peter never experienced something sexy in his life and then two hot ogres finally wanted to show him the pleasure of a woman for the first time in his life when his fiance won’t even give him a kiss.

He is a man, can’t hardly blame him, even until the end he wanted to remain loyal to his fiance, there a much a man can wait for a girl and pure girl like luvella I don’t see her worth in this only to make peter look bad for cheating on her, won’t matter if he doesn’t end with luvella if he is going to have a harem.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-17, 10:26   Link #28
Tenzen12

While she indeed isn't worth that effort, his lack of self-control is all on him. If you want blame him you can he deserves all blame you throw at at him.

Don't get me wrong I hope he will get properly NTRed and abandon Luvelia for much better threats, but just because I would approve it in this particular case doesn't mean it's not s**ty thing to do.
Old 2020-07-17, 13:42   Link #29
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Finally saw the first chapter, so the guy has been faithful for two years and with nothing more than holding hands and is know father of the girl is a scumbag, so I assume that peter never experienced something sexy in his life and then two hot ogres finally wanted to show him the pleasure of a woman for the first time in his life when his fiance wonít even give him a kiss.

He is a man, canít hardly blame him, even until the end he wanted to remain loyal to his fiance, there a much a man can wait for a girl and pure girl like luvella I donít see her worth in this only to make peter look bad for cheating on her, wonít matter if he doesnít end with luvella if he is going to have a harem.
I'm sorry, but this is the exact reasoning I've earlier said I have SERIOUS problems with. "Can't blame him" and "he's just a guy" is absurd, as is acting like someone's bad or a failure as a lover just because they won't have sex or something. True, if he wants to have sex before marriage and she doesn't (or vice versa) then it's an issue for the two of them to work out, but it's seriously messed up to act like a person is in the wrong for not having sex, or to act like a man is powerless to refuse sex and therefore blameless when he does it. No, I can't put the blame on anyone but Peter. And the Oni girls. Those two talk big about being happy to have a "secret" relationship of convenience lasting only until they get pregnant, but actions speak louder than words. Either they are complete morons who don't realize that being seen having sex would expose that he's having sex (seriously?) or they have no intention of keeping it a secret or permitting refusal.

Not to mention it doesn't seem to present things in the sense of "she won't kiss him or have sex" but rather "she doesn't know about such things". If anyone's in the wrong on that side it's her father for not preparing her for the real world and for real courtship and romance.
Old 2020-07-17, 16:54   Link #30
grecefar

A relationship can work without the physical part no matter what you said, and don't blame all to the father either, yeah he has most of the blame for shielding her but she is a grown up woman and she just accept whatever her father told her and leave it at that.

peter wants a family if not why bother ask her were babies are come from?, after two years he has been patient and loyal, and now he become popular to have girls come to him and give him something luvella won't, and what is to say if luvella found what sex is and refuse to even try, so all the time wasted on her for nothing?. Sure they need to talk about or peter should mention it, but how to talk to a grown up woman with the mind of a 6 years old?

the only problem I see is that he wanst to keep his relationship with luvella instead of break things off, yeah what he is doing is sh***y but in the end that's the joke of this anime, anyway I don't think anyone cares about luvella here, she can be ntred for I all care.

Last edited by grecefar; 2020-07-17 at 17:04.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-17, 17:22   Link #31
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
A relationship can work without the physical part no matter what you said, and don't blame all to the father either, yeah he has most of the blame for shielding her but she is a grown up woman and she just accept whatever her father told her and leave it at that.

peter wants a family if not why bother ask her were babies are come from?, after two years he has been patient and loyal, and now he become popular to have girls come to him and give him something luvella won't, and what is to say if luvella found what sex is and refuse to even try, so all the time wasted on her for nothing?. Sure they need to talk about or peter should mention it, but how to talk to a grown up woman with the mind of a 6 years old?

the only problem I see is that he wanst to keep his relationship with luvella instead of break things off, yeah what he is doing is sh***y but in the end that's the joke of this anime, anyway I don't think anyone cares about luvella here, she can be ntred for I all care.
Indeed, it can work without the physical. That's my point as to why I don't like lines like "can't blame him, he's a man" or complaints that she "hasn't even given him a kiss".

And wanting a family doesn't mean he wants her to start making babies before even getting married. He recognizes that he needs to clear up some misconceptions, but that doesn't mean she's been refusing him or that she'd continue to refuse once married and/or enlightened to the actual process. But even so, again relationships can work without the physical, so while it'd be an issue to discuss supposing that she would refuse him (something for which we have absolutely no evidence) wouldn't mean his time was "wasted". And yeah, the core point is that he wants to be faithful to her, which both makes his "weakness" pathetic and, while perhaps amusing, certainly not something to dismiss with lines like "can you blame him", and at the same time makes those sisters at least as despicable if not more given their apparent indifference to his will and inability to keep their word about keeping their relationship secret.

On a different note but for this reason, the ending feels kind of off, an endearing song about how a man wants absolutely nothing but to continue to be by his beloved's side in a show about a guy who claims this but "can't" stop himself from banging those Oni girls.
Old 2020-07-17, 21:58   Link #32
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

So Peter is like the opposite of the typical harem MC in various aspects:
- already started as the strongest man instead of the usual weak MC that gets stronger as the series progresses. Also popular.
- already has a love interest decided, confessed and started a relationship with said love interest.
- non virgin.
- instead of running away from erotic situations he gives in (even if he has regrets afterwards)

Might have missed some but that's the ones i got from the start.
Old 2020-07-18, 06:27   Link #33
EroKing
Version Zero

That's about it. It's a comedy, one that worked for its manga fanbase. If anyone wants anything serious, considerate and genuine airing this season then try SNAFU. For this show, just turn off your brain and enjoy it.
Old 2020-07-18, 07:13   Link #34
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

You have to turn your brain off for SNAFU though for different reasons .
Old 2020-07-18, 12:10   Link #35
BWTraveller
Born to ship

This's hardly the only story with unsympathetic heroes. I see no problem watching this for some quick laughs. I can even enjoy it more as I feel no sympathy for the bastard so his pain brings a certain joy. I just can't bear defenses of such behavior.
Old 2020-07-18, 18:07   Link #36
Frontier

At least the Ogre Sisters know what they want, and that's his semen, not a relationship. And they know deep down he wants it .

Also, they sure strip fast .
Old 2020-07-18, 18:13   Link #37
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
So Peter is like the opposite of the typical harem MC in various aspects:
- already started as the strongest man instead of the usual weak MC that gets stronger as the series progresses. Also popular.
- already has a love interest decided, confessed and started a relationship with said love interest.
- non virgin.
- instead of running away from erotic situations he gives in (even if he has regrets afterwards)

Might have missed some but that's the ones i got from the start.
Peter is a mathematical abomination like Neo from Matrix.
LG-MAX 2.o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-18, 21:19   Link #38
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
At least the Ogre Sisters know what they want, and that's his semen, not a relationship. And they know deep down he wants it .

Also, they sure strip fast .
I don't know if I'd be that forgiving of them either. I feel like I can't really respect anyone here so far (again, not a deal-breaker by any means in a comedy). For one thing, it certainly looks like they don't really care if he really wants it or not; if they can get it up then they'll find a way. More to the point though is that while they talk big about how they're completely fine with a secret relationship that's nothing but sex and ends once they're pregnant, these claims kind of fly out the window when they make it so incredibly difficult to hide it. It's like one of those girls who promise they can keep a secret then immediately run out screaming "Hey guys! you won't believe what I just heard!"
Old 2020-07-18, 22:17   Link #39
Frontier

Quote:
I don't know if I'd be that forgiving of them either. I feel like I can't really respect anyone here so far (again, not a deal-breaker by any means in a comedy). For one thing, it certainly looks like they don't really care if he really wants it or not; if they can get it up then they'll find a way. More to the point though is that while they talk big about how they're completely fine with a secret relationship that's nothing but sex and ends once they're pregnant, these claims kind of fly out the window when they make it so incredibly difficult to hide it. It's like one of those girls who promise they can keep a secret then immediately run out screaming "Hey guys! you won't believe what I just heard!"
Yeah, there's definitely issues of consent going on here that the Ogre Sisters are clearly ignoring. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually they keep pursuing him not only because of the baby but also because he's just that good in bed .
Old 2020-07-18, 22:39   Link #40
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

The ogre sisters' only goal was conceiving Peter's child, but now that they found they are sexually compatible their wish list increased: get his child, corrupt his heart with sex and steal him away from his girlfriend without getting on his bad side in the process.

Tags
cheating, comedy, ecchi, harem