AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2020-07-12, 16:56   Link #21
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Is anyone going to mention the cat?
Yeah, that date sure shook him up .
Old 2020-07-13, 02:56   Link #22
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Don't worry about the cat.
Old 2020-07-14, 04:40   Link #23
Hattori Saizo II
Sociophobic Ninja

A moment of silence for Uzaki-chan's spine.
Old 2020-07-15, 00:03   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
I don't remember, but was the cat one of those "We won't go through the trouble of finding a real cat, so we're gonna have a VA do the voice and we'll try to be funny while doing it by making it sound idiotic" animals?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-15, 14:22   Link #25
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattori Saizo II View Post
A moment of silence for Uzaki-chan's spine.
Poor thing's already been through a lot, and is mostly unaccustomed to stress in that angle. Someone made a meme asking if her spine might be stronger than Saitama, but I guess even the world's strongest can be defeated when hit with something it isn't ready for.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-17, 12:31   Link #26
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Hmm... the "Bush" scene...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-17, 12:59   Link #27
grecefar

I don't know if she is bold or just oblivious or what she was saying on going to his house.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-17, 13:45   Link #28
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm pretty sure she's just a ditz who doesn't even realize the connection between a girl sleeping with a guy and a girl actually SLEEPING WITH a guy.
Old 2020-07-17, 15:18   Link #29
stray
aniki

She's absolutely a ditz but I think its more that she can't see senpai that way. Regardless, I like that there's ecchi moments and that they're forgotten within 5 minutes.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-17, 15:38   Link #30
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I don't think you can go so far as to say she "doesn't see him that way". She was pretty upset that he'd grabbed her boobs, and this time when she thought he'd touched her butt. In the manga she even keeps a record of his actions, immediately following the bush scene with her writing down "smacked my butt" right below "groped my boobs at the electronic store". I think she's just kind of innocent in a ditzy way, only able to recognize sexual things when they literally smack her in the face (or on the butt).
Old 2020-07-17, 15:51   Link #31
stray
aniki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
In the manga she even keeps a record of his actions, immediately following the bush scene with her writing down "smacked my butt" right below "groped my boobs at the electronic store".
Is this from some kind of extra chapter or something? I read the manga and don't remember this at all... just looked up the chapter too and see nothing like what you're describing.
Old 2020-07-17, 16:06   Link #32
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Is this from some kind of extra chapter or something? I read the manga and don't remember this at all... just looked up the chapter too and see nothing like what you're describing.
It's at the very end of the chapter, one of those things put between chapters in the volumes.
Old 2020-07-17, 17:03   Link #33
stray
aniki

Interesting, but I'm not entirely sure of the relevance.

Also, she does think he's a bit of a loser, but she's still kind of a backhanded deredere who doesn't care about anything but wanting to hang out.
Old 2020-07-17, 17:13   Link #34
BWTraveller
Born to ship

The point is that she's at least aware of him as a man, enough to have an issue with him touching her in the wrong places, and get flustered when he tells her she's special to him. So it doesn't seem, to me at least, that her innocent obliviousness can't be written off as "she just doesn't see him that way".
Old 2020-07-17, 17:46   Link #35
stray
aniki

Quote:
So it doesn't seem, to me at least, that her innocent obliviousness can't be written off as "she just doesn't see him that way".
If I'm not being clear its called the "friend zone", you just don't see it a ton in Japanese media.
Old 2020-07-17, 18:22   Link #36
Frontier

I love how the manager only consciously recognized Uzaki was an adult after getting an eyeful of her Sugoi Dekai's .

Yeah, I can see how watching Shinichi and Uzaki's antics would be fun to watch...it's what the entire show is based around .

Look at Uzaki trying to get Shinichi to come to her house or to get herself into his house .

Uzaki's not sure what to do when her Senpai has an actual friend to hang out with. Her over-concern for him is so hilarious and sweet .

Oh hey, we get to meet Shinichi and Uzaki's personal friends (well, we get to just see Shinichi's from the back of his head)! Cool .

So not only does Shinichi get to see Uzaki's panties (and pure white panties to boot) but he also gets to smack her butt, feel her hips, and get mistaken for having sex in a bush. What a rollercoaster ride hanging out with Uzaki is .

You know you're a male tsundere when you get mad at a girl for having a completely different intention in mind for going to your house than the usual .
Old 2020-07-17, 18:32   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm liking Uzaki a lot more than I thought I would. The trailer kept having senpai call her annoying and showing her mocking him, but she's actually really funny and endearing. It helps that it's obvious she genuinely cares about him. I also like that she sometimes gets the end of the short stick when she tries to act smug (the soggy noddles). And yeah, she's a ditz.

I'm having as much fun watching those two bickering as the master from the café. Prime entertainment, indeed.
Old 2020-07-17, 19:30   Link #38
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
If I'm not being clear its called the "friend zone", you just don't see it a ton in Japanese media.
Oh I know it, and actually you do see it a good bit, especially in harems. But my point was that her not noticing for a moment that spending the night at his place could be bad can't be explained by something as simple as "friend zone". For starters, I find it hard to buy that she's that entirely unable to see him in that light as, again, she's shown a good bit of concern over being accidentally seen and touched, and was a little shaken when he said she's special. At the same time, there's a big difference between "just wants to be friends" and "doesn't think there's anything wrong with spending the night with him". Even girls who see a guy as just a great friend can realize that certain situations can create stress or raise unpleasant questions if anyone sees them. You may be right, but honestly I feel like ditzy innocence fits a lot better here.
Old 2020-07-17, 20:35   Link #39
stray
aniki

Quote:
Oh I know it, and actually you do see it a good bit, especially in harems.
Except not really, because even the tsundere is typically one blush away from leaping into the MC's arms. I'm talking about something more platonic.
Quote:
At the same time, there's a big difference between "just wants to be friends" and "doesn't think there's anything wrong with spending the night with him".
What I was getting at is more that she isn't threatened by him, even though he's a tsundere with male resting bitchface. And the crux of the "friend zone" is doing things that are borderline romantic but in a platonic way. However Senpai doesn't see Uzaki that way either right now -- but I don't think anyone could not be impressed by her SUGOI DEKAIs.
Old 2020-07-17, 21:00   Link #40
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Except not really, because even the tsundere is typically one blush away from leaping into the MC's arms. I'm talking about something more platonic.
We apparently haven't seen the same series. There are indeed a number of series, especially where a potential love interest is a childhood friend, where things do indeed work like that, where one side can be entirely dedicated to a person, can be as obvious as they want, and still the other person doesn't catch on and, when the person finally spells it out thoroughly enough, all they can do is say "sorry".

Quote:
What I was getting at is more that she isn't threatened by him, even though he's a tsundere with male resting bitchface. And the crux of the "friend zone" is doing things that are borderline romantic but in a platonic way. However Senpai doesn't see Uzaki that way either right now -- but I don't think anyone could not be impressed by her SUGOI DEKAIs.
Again, she's had a fair number of moments in the two eps available so far that suggest she doesn't see him as completely harmless or completely outside the realm of possibilities, both in her reactions to "lucky pervert" moments and her reactions when he says something unexpected that throws her off her game or sounds like he might harbor such feelings. If you don't think her reactions are enough to say she's conscious of him as a man then that's fine, to me it's clear that she's at that level. This doesn't mean she has a crush on him yet, or him on her, just that she has a certain level of awareness that they're a man and a woman. In either case, the two aren't entirely mutually exclusive. Being somewhat innocent, ditzy and oblivious could cause or result from her not consistently recognizing him as a "threat".

Tags
comedy, sugoi dekai