AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2020-07-09, 18:23   Link #141
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Whoa! Haru certainly the most grown-up of the younger Sohmas. Even though he has problems of his own, he understands the gravity of his situation and is calmly taking his time trying to figure things out. He always came off as the mature "big" brother to Yuki, and it shows, even when Yuki is trying to look out for him. I probably don't give him as much credit as he deserves, but that might be because he's always doting on Yuki that he doesn't get a chance to do it much for anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I wonder how he got Akito to let Yuki go in the first place. Kinda seemed like he was his favorite toy besides Kureno.

Not surprised he managed to do it since we know how manipulative he really is, just interested in how he did it.
Probably something nefarious, like convincing Akito that Yuki would be in even further despair if he allowed Yuki to leave the grounds only for him to return at some later date. He seems to be into making the Zodiacs suffer =01.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-09, 18:41   Link #142
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Whoa! Haru certainly the most grown-up of the younger Sohmas. Even though he has problems of his own, he understands the gravity of his situation and is calmly taking his time trying to figure things out. He always came off as the mature "big" brother to Yuki, and it shows, even when Yuki is trying to look out for him. I probably don't give him as much credit as he deserves, but that might be because he's always doting on Yuki that he doesn't get a chance to do it much for anyone else.
Definitely mature enough to know how to kiss a woman .
Old 2020-07-10, 07:05   Link #143
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 9:

Kyo finally admit he love Tohru. I have a feeling this will be a happy ending. They would just have to get past some troubles along the way.

Speaking of trouble. I would like to give praise to the voice talent for Akito, they're doing a good job - the character is absolutely disgusting, truly the main antagonist of this show.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-10, 07:09   Link #144
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Probably something nefarious, like convincing Akito that Yuki would be in even further despair if he allowed Yuki to leave the grounds only for him to return at some later date. He seems to be into making the Zodiacs suffer =01.
That... seems extremely likely to be it.
Old 2020-07-13, 14:15   Link #145
Frontier

Uotani wants to become a model and find financial dependability that she doesn't trust her father for, while all Hanajima wants to do is just graduate while her adorable mother is in full support of her. That's about how I expected it to go for these two .

Wow, Shigure in a suit is a pretty big change of pace. Makes him almost look like a completely different person .

Tohru is going through an emotional conflict over what to do with her life while dealing with unresolved trauma involving her parents and what to do about Kyo...and then it becomes about a Mayu and Shigure @#$%ing match .

Mayu's got it bad if she can tell Shigure is wearing Hatori's suit just from a look, and Shigure knows it. Poor Mayu didn't realize marrying Hatori would also make Shigure an in-law .

Hanajima apparently falls in love at first sight with Kazuma in the most Hanajima way possible. I can't argue she doesn't have good taste .

Shigure isn't a kind or altruistic person in the slightest, he only cares for and takes care of Tohru in the bare minimum way someone like him is capable of (which Tohru mistakes for true care). But he does so partially because he knows there are others who can be there for Tohru and he can come through when he needs to, like making sure Ayame was there for Yuki when he'd need him most .

Kyo doesn't have any real expectations for his future beyond a cage, he just wants to be with Tohru until the end, but Kazuma still wants to believe he'll find a real answer eventually

Nothing hits a kid more than when their parents seem utterly uncaring towards your feelings or what's going on with you, or act like all the obvious emotional trauma you're going through isn't a bad thing. His mother treats both her children like a burden or a tool to be used and discarded if they don't act according to her expectations, and that's done as much of a number on Yuki's emotional state as Akito .

And just when Yuki is once again about to be silenced by his mother...in comes Ayame with the save. Man, it was kind of hilarious watching his mom pull a complete 180 when Ayame showed up, almost like she's afraid of her eldest son. Ayame is such a handful that his mom has no idea what to do with him .

Ayame completely shifting the tone of the meeting and calling out his mother was so satisfying, as was Yuki finally finding the strength to stand up for himself to his mother and proclaim that he is going to live his life and not be treated like a lifeless doll by his parents or the Sohma's. He's grown and become someone who doesn't need to depend on his mother and can live for himself now .

I love Ayame showing up at the student council and just basically owning the place. And Machi shows up only to bow out of there the moment she sees what's going on .
Old 2020-07-13, 18:51   Link #146
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Saint Seiya reference for the win.

Yuki's mother is even more of a bitch than I thought. She told her sons the most hurtful thing a mother can say to her child. I was really glad Ayame came in when Yuki actually needed him. For once, he wasn't unneeded.

Wow, just seeing Tohru make Yuki's world brighter.

I wonder if Hanajima finding Shisho hot is foreshadowing. Same with her career choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Shigure isn't a kind or altruistic person in the slightest, he only cares for and takes care of Tohru in the bare minimum way someone like him is capable of (which Tohru mistakes for true care). But he does so partially because he knows there are others who can be there for Tohru and he can come through when he needs to, like making sure Ayame was there for Yuki when he'd need him most .
I still find it very hard to tell whether Shigure's playing 4D chess to make everyone happy or if he really just wants to have fun and make Akito suffer. Maybe it's actually all of it?
Old 2020-07-13, 19:55   Link #147
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Saint Seiya reference for the win.
Tohru saying "Diamond Dust" was surprisingly adorable .
Quote:
I still find it very hard to tell whether Shigure's playing 4D chess to make everyone happy or if he really just wants to have fun and make Akito suffer. Maybe it's actually all of it?
Could be his motivation changes on a whim .
Old 2020-07-13, 20:42   Link #148
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Shigure really knows how to troll and Ayame really knows how to make an entrance at just the right time and Mayuko just have to put up with that nonsense

Yuki's mother really wasnt all that bad just seems she would be a better mother is it wasnt for the Souma's
Old 2020-07-13, 20:46   Link #149
Wandering Soul

The parent teacher conferences were great.

Tohru's was nice mainly due to getting to see Shigure messing with Mayu again. Kyo has another heartwarming Sensei moment along with Hanajima actually finding Sensei hot.

Yuki's was especially great once Ayame showed up and all but chased their mom out of the room. Yuki's mom is even more unlikable than I thought considering she went as far as to wish her kids hadn't been born.
Old 2020-07-13, 20:54   Link #150
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Yes, the Ayame moment, it finally came!
We need more of this be done to that sorry excuse of a mother.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-15, 03:01   Link #151
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 10:

had a good laugh when Momiji said Kyo was trying to mug him.

hmm, Sepak Takraw? that's a sport that's also played in my country.

also my respect for Momiji suddenly went way up. Even alone, he had the courage to block the creep, and got hurt for doing so. The rabbit is also a quick thinker, because he quickly ran to get help from the dog and Hatori, those two guys have a better chance of protecting Tohru.

fun fireworks at the beach to help forget the bad memory. The story is moving forward, with Tohru determined to save everyone from the curse.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2020-07-15 at 09:32.
Old 2020-07-17, 02:50   Link #152
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 11:

Tohru goes to Shishou's dojo to get more info about the curse. Unfortunately, he also does not know much about it. Also, I think something bad might happen to Shishou.. he said something about resisting if Kyo would be confined.

Kagura and Kyo go on a final date. Emotional moment when Kyo said he is happy that Kagura played with him.
Old 2020-07-20, 13:08   Link #153
Frontier

And the tragedy that is Momiji continues. His little sister is starting to become aware of him really being her brother and wants to be with him, but Momiji has to continue to distance himself from family for the sake of the stability they've found by basically erasing his existence. Momiji has so many dreams and desires that he has had to compromise on for being part of the zodiac and for how his mother reacted to it. At the very least he now knows that Momo on some level knows him and has been watching her big brother .

Arisa is still pining for Kureno even while she's trying to force herself away from staying in place waiting for him, and is only now starting to realize she's been caught up in the bundle of drama that is the Sohma family .

On a lighter note, it's nice to see everyone in their winter uniforms. I really like the design of the Furuba winter uniform so I'm happy we'll finally be getting to see it more in the anime .

Yeah, Tohru probably has a hangup of people not connecting while they're still alive and have the chance to when she can never see her mother again .

Kyoko would totally be all for what Tohru is doing. Heck, she'd probably ride a motorcycle straight through the Sohma complex and knock some sense into Akito .

A secret woman at the Sohma complex? It didn't seem to be Akito but Kureno acted kind of deferential to her .

Tohru holding her hands out to be handcuffed was surprisingly adorable. She was so earnest about it when even Kureno had forgotten he'd threatened to have her arrested (and was probably just bluffing). Of course, if Akito had found out she was there, I think the police would be the least of Tohru's worries .

Kureno acted cold and machine-like in his interactions with Tohru, but Tohru got to see the real Kureno at the end where he smiles and shows his more sensitive and warm self. He did appreciate all the effort he went to in order to reconnect him with Arisa .

It was nice to end on a TohruxKyo moment. Poor Kyo wants Tohru to be happy and doesn't seem to think the person who can make her happy is him, but he'll support her 100% no matter what. Meanwhile there's so much Tohru wishes for, for both herself and the people she loves, and no matter how insurmountable they are she'll keep wishing for them .
Old 2020-07-20, 13:20   Link #154
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Poor Momiji
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-20, 16:39   Link #155
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

Wow, this episode really got to me. Poor Momiji.
Old 2020-07-20, 18:52   Link #156
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Momoji is such a treasure. I really hope his wish will come true.
Old 2020-07-20, 20:37   Link #157
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Tooru really can get work as a spy if she wasnt so scatterbrained really getting far into the Souma's property
Old 2020-07-21, 06:10   Link #158
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Episodes about Momiji are pretty much always top-tier because he's the most authentically compelling person in the cast. It's not brain surgery, really.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-21, 10:58   Link #159
Wandering Soul

As usual Momoji is a precious treasure that deserves more happiness.
Old 2020-07-24, 23:08   Link #160
trufflegarlow

I felt so much feels for Momiji and Kureno for the latest episode.
trufflegarlow is offline   Reply With Quote