AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2020-09-07, 09:13   Link #141
Irenesharda

What a tense episode. Though Cho honestly had so many death flags it was ridiculous.

But I feel so sorry for little Daisuke, who not only had to deal with his parents arguing and then had to sneak over to his mom's new place, but also see his father actually murder his mother.

Then to find out his father who he thought committed suicide was still alive all this time, and it makes perfect sense that he would have complete control of the AI computer system. Considering that, I really doubt that there was anything that Daisuke could have done. The system would have locked him out as it was doing before.

Also, why do I get the feeling that Shigemaru was actually a disguised Hattori? The police chief didn't get jumpy until after Hattori came in and served them food. (food that looked extremely good by the way )

Who knew Shigemaru, a scientist with a pretty frail frame, was strong enough to brutely murder two full-grown men. I can see his wife and Suzue alone, but what is so important for him to have done all of this? Is it simply the money possible from this research or is the research really that important to him as a scientist?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-08, 00:51   Link #142
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Funny vid of Suzue worrying about Daisuke began popping on the net.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-08, 01:18   Link #143
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post

Bah I might be wrong on some points but that's how I understood it.
Me too, but it still sounds amazingly stupid.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-08, 10:35   Link #144
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Me too, but it still sounds amazingly stupid.
I agree, but at least this thing has some kind of consistency in it
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-08, 10:41   Link #145
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Funny vid of Suzue worrying about Daisuke began popping on the net.

Suzue ended up being a much different character than I was expecting .
Old 2020-09-10, 12:43   Link #146
Frontier

Figures Daisuke would give up on being a police officer to get his revenge. Being a detective was just a means to an end for him .

I can't really blame Hoshino for wanting to take Kato and Daisuke into custody. Without knowing what happened, they look pretty culpable in Cho and Takei's deaths .

So the grandmother knew Shigemaru was alive, or at least had an inkling towards it (and may have helped with the coverup). I get wanting to protect your child, but she also protected the murderer of Daisuke's mother. She's basically more or less Shigemaru's accomplice, and should be charged to the fullest extent of the law if she really helped him

Modern Crimes can be competent when they actually have motivation to do so. Still kind of idiots, but that's part of their charm .

So the main reason Kato felt guilty over the shooting was because the criminals were using a toy gun, so the accomplice was basically just bluffing him. Which is still kind of stupid to be threatening a police officer with a fake gun when you know he can shoot you, but I guess she was just that desperate to protect her partner. Also, I think this is the third toy gun situation we've had on this show .

Hoshino finally realizes that Kato wasn't a wishy-washy cop, he was truly intending to leave once he realized he didn't have the stomach to live with himself, but Takei wouldn't let him quit. It was nice to see Hoshino and Kato truly working together again .

I guess Shigemaru was planning to sell the Adollinium to weapons developers? I'm guessing that laser gun the foreign guy was using was one of them, and they can jam technology with it too .

Daisuke now has his own Batsuit because of course he does .

So what is Daisuke without all his tech and gadgets? Well, definitely not as effective...and it looks like it's up to Kato to regain his nerve to shoot in order to save him .
Old 2020-09-10, 13:20   Link #147
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Heh, this unknown metal can do anything eh.
Old 2020-09-10, 18:15   Link #148
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So the main reason Kato felt guilty over the shooting was because the criminals were using a toy gun, so the accomplice was basically just bluffing him. Which is still kind of stupid to be threatening a police officer with a fake gun when you know he can shoot you, but I guess she was just that desperate to protect her partner. Also, I think this is the third toy gun situation we've had on this show .
I don't remember the first situation, but the one with the kid on the train takes on a whole new meaning now that we know what truly happened in Kato's past.
Old 2020-09-10, 19:27   Link #149
Wandering Soul

And now Daisuke has an Batsuit in all, but name
Old 2020-09-10, 19:52   Link #150
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't remember the first situation, but the one with the kid on the train takes on a whole new meaning now that we know what truly happened in Kato's past.
Yoko had a fake gun too when she and Hiroshi robbed the candy store in the first episode. I think it just shot paint.
Old 2020-09-11, 06:51   Link #151
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Sadly it's still a tactic in countries where guns are hard to get, but airsoft ones are good enough to scare the hell outta people who aren't exposed to guns.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2020-09-12, 07:33   Link #152
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Heh, this unknown metal can do anything eh.
You can make a cell phone blocker with it. Which, fine, is useful, but you don't really need magical metal for that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-17, 12:30   Link #153
Frontier

Daisuke backhand slapped Kato! How long has he been waiting to do that ?

Kato unknowingly calling Daisuke out for trying to look taller than he actually is .

Man, Daisuke really doesn't give a hoot about Kato. Not showing any gratitude or caring at all about assigning him the worst jobs as a distraction...but in the end, Daisuke acknowledged that Kato never really stopped being a hero, and Daisuke realized that before anyone else did .

Lights turn off, Daisuke is back in his Batsuit, and then gives a beatdown worthy of an Arkham game .

I can't believe they were using a Playstation controller to control those lasers .

When your army of drones fail...always make sure you have backup drones !

I thought Daisuke was going to try to kill his dad, but points for trying to arrest and bring him to justice instead. That's what I call character development .

Can we just shut HEUSC down at this point? He's just becoming more and more of a hindrance .

Time for the final boss battle with Shigemaru...and it looks like things are going to end where they began, more or less .
Old 2020-09-17, 18:15   Link #154
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Batsuit Daisuke is too OP.
Old 2020-09-18, 06:21   Link #155
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I can't believe they were using a Playstation controller to control those lasers .
PS5 controller even, that's what a Balance:UNLIMITED can get you!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-18, 21:43   Link #156
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
You can make a cell phone blocker with it. Which, fine, is useful, but you don't really need magical metal for that.
apparently this metal can also produce Energy:UNLIMITED.

Still no match to the power of money though, which can buy Daisuke a batsuit
Old 2020-09-20, 09:59   Link #157
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Batsuit Daisuke is too OP.
Best Daisuke OP ever!

Old 2020-09-24, 12:39   Link #158
Frontier

Nice job bringing things full circle with Daisuke's opening monologue about his childhood and what happened to him, and now we have the full context behind why his perspective changed so much. He was listless after what happened to his parents until he found HEUSC and realized he could finally solve the case .

The grandmother wasn't just some accomplice, she was the bloody mastermind!!! With Hattori as her enforcer, she had her daughter-in-law killed because she was going to leak Adollium to the public and her son ended up framed for the murder of his wife and institutionalized because he tried to kill himself over what happened. I can't believe my opinion on the grandmother and on Shigemaru Kambe would so radically change within one episode .

Kato for the win! Not only does he stop Hattori, but he inadvertently saves the day by transferring the Adollium info without even intending too. It was so amazing it was able to get a genuine laugh and smile out of Daisuke .

I was expecting the grandmother would be arrested right when it became evident she helped her son escape justice, but knowing that she was behind everything and didn't feel at all guilty for numerous crimes she committed or the lives lost, it was so satisfying seeing her plans come apart and Daisuke finally slapping the cuffs on her .

Good news...Daisuke's found his father, who was innocent in all this. The bad news, he's basically a vegetable .

So Modern Crimes now has HEUSC, and the director (who was apparently only "acting" this whole time) has his official job. I'd say things are looking up for that gang .

Daisuke and Kato are now fighting Adollium based crimes around the world, and Daisuke is basically a Superhero with his own codename known around the world, "The Millionaire Detective," and he's got Kato as his sidekick who now has his own brand of Kambe tech to help stop bad guys .

Suzue on vacation? I'd say she earned it. Especially in that bikini .

Oh hey, it's that kid from the train episode! I'm glad things turned out well for him. I would've kind of liked to see what happened to Yoko and Hiroshi though .

The first episode ended with a bridge incident and Kato dangling precariously from said bridge, and so does the final episode. And Daisuke once again trolls Kato in the very last minute of the show .
Old 2020-09-24, 18:19   Link #159
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Even if I'm not a fan of the mask trope (I'm sure it has a name), the twist pretty much redeemed the show for me. It explained why Takei was so scared of the butler, why "Shigemaru" revealed his face to Suzue and was able to kill Takei and Cho so easily (he was another anime super butler). The grandmother being the mastermind is a way better twist too. Good stuff.

Really liked how the ending mirrored the ending of the first episode. Some things never change

I'm disappointed they never told us how exactly Suzue is related to Daisuke. Pretty sure she's his cousin, but we never got confirmation.
Old 2020-09-24, 19:11   Link #160
Marcus H.
All-Terrain Panda

The show ended with a lot of the things we loved and appreciated from the show. That's a pretty nice send-off. Overall, the series is pretty solid for an 11-episode run, and it would be nice if we get more of those Millionaire Detective cases now that Adollium can become a recurring plot point.

ENTRY #374 GET.

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 37. Completed: 385. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
mystery