AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-08-31, 21:07   Link #181
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What he meant is that if people found out she is or was renting herself out, her acting career would be immediately over.
Oh yeah, that's a scandal waiting to happen .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-31, 22:36   Link #182
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
This show is utter trash but enjoyable.
there is something about a dumpster fire that makes you unable to look away... sometimes shows like this are what is needed.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-04, 14:09   Link #183
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
It's good to see Kazuya finally has a job. He's made just a small step to becoming more respectable .

Just when Kazuya is about to get to think he's special or something...it's actually company policy for Rental Girlfriends to clients. And Chizuru is pretty strict that they keep the relationship strictly professional. Of course he doesn't have the guts to admit he has feelings for her anyways .

How could Ruka lead him to a love hotel and he not know about it? What, did she check them in through a machine or something ?

Kazuya made a strong protest against sleeping with Ruka but even he couldn't help himself at being tempted. Not surprised though .

Man, Ruka is really daring and aggressive. I guess there's something to this being her first love and for how young she is that makes her act this way. And those legs .

I know Ruka was just causing more problems, but she was just telling them the hard truths about their current situation and how it's all eventually going to blow up in their faces as this keeps on. And then they go and, basically, gaslight her. I'm not saying what she was doing was right, but she didn't deserve that. I don't think Kazuya is treating Ruka or her feelings seriously and is ultimately being pretty unfair to her in relation to Chizuru .

Yeah, the grandma loves Chizuru. I don't think it's unreasonable to say she probably loves Chizuru more than she does her own grandson .

And now Ruka is working at Kazuya's karaoke job. She wears the uniform well .

So...what's up with the next episode preview. Chizuru talking to Kuri ?
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-04, 17:06   Link #184
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
We only have like 3 episodes left and that final girl still hasnot appeared, not even in the preview. Guess they are really going to have to cram her into the final episodes,
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-04, 18:34   Link #185
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Kazuya and Chizuru are basically using Kazuya's grandma as an excuse so they won't have to sever their ties. The grandma's infatuation with Chizuru is ridiculous by the way, and kinda sad considering the Chizuru she knows isn't the real one.

I feel bad for Ruka. If Kazuya isn't even willing to give her a chance, this whole trial nonsense is useless. Did she specify how long the trial should last? If not, just end it already.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-04, 19:42   Link #186
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kazuya and Chizuru are basically using Kazuya's grandma as an excuse so they won't have to sever their ties. The grandma's infatuation with Chizuru is ridiculous by the way, and kinda sad considering the Chizuru she knows isn't the real one.
I don't think "girlfriend" Chizuru is all that different from the Chizuru she projects to people, Kazuya just tends to bring out her more irritable side. But she'd still probably prefer the real Chizuru to Kazuya .
Quote:
I feel bad for Ruka. If Kazuya isn't even willing to give her a chance, this whole trial nonsense is useless. Did she specify how long the trial should last? If not, just end it already.
I kind of feel like it's going to last as long as Ruka is a major character on the show .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-04, 22:17   Link #187
rladls2121
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: California(Current).
I think Ruka needs an Apple Watch.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-04, 22:26   Link #188
Decel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I feel bad for Ruka. If Kazuya isn't even willing to give her a chance, this whole trial nonsense is useless.
This ^

I would have liked more inner-thoughts from Chizuru though. Then again, if not explicitly knowing what she thinks is part of the story's design, then it's working.
__________________
2006- The year of the invasion of the Suzumiya Haruhi avatars and signature logos
Decel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-05, 02:07   Link #189
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
how can one character dig such a big hole for himself and still keep digging deeper despite occasionally filling it up? at this point he is obligated to dig himself deeper every episode. both girls had real valid points to tell each other and Kazuya and it turned out a good for the most part. Ruka does deserve a better chance if Chizuru drags her feet too long.

im sure the next girl might come and change my mind later on but Chizuru is keeping it professional while others come into potential real GF territory.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-05, 15:16   Link #190
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The land of tempura
Honestly I don't feel bad for Ruka at all. She's incredibly pushy. Kazuya, while being the usual indecisive MC, hasn't shown any specific interest in Ruka at all. Sure he gets horny when situations make it so but he hasn't really shown any specific interest in Ruka as a person at all, she should have gotten the hint by now!

Now I'm not trying to defend Kazuya at all, he just keeps going from bad to worst, but Chizuru hasn't been helping things either. Like Ruka pointed out correctly, and as we all probably noticed a few episodes ago, she's stringing this whole situation along because she doesn't want to cut ties. She's probably lying to herself on the reasons but the longer it goes on the worst she comes out of this.

In the end I feel like the show started off strong but ever since Ruka came into the picture the story kind of regressed a little bit. Chizuru used to be relatively level headed in her decisions but now she just seems to be taking wrong decisions at every turn for the sake of plot. Honestly it's kind of annoying at this point. Oh well, I expected a trashy story anyway
__________________
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-05, 15:27   Link #191
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Honestly I don't feel bad for Ruka at all. She's incredibly pushy. Kazuya, while being the usual indecisive MC, hasn't shown any specific interest in Ruka at all. Sure he gets horny when situations make it so but he hasn't really shown any specific interest in Ruka as a person at all, she should have gotten the hint by now!

Now I'm not trying to defend Kazuya at all, he just keeps going from bad to worst, but Chizuru hasn't been helping things either. Like Ruka pointed out correctly, and as we all probably noticed a few episodes ago, she's stringing this whole situation along because she doesn't want to cut ties. She's probably lying to herself on the reasons but the longer it goes on the worst she comes out of this.

In the end I feel like the show started off strong but ever since Ruka came into the picture the story kind of regressed a little bit. Chizuru used to be relatively level headed in her decisions but now she just seems to be taking wrong decisions at every turn for the sake of plot. Honestly it's kind of annoying at this point. Oh well, I expected a trashy story anyway
Kazuya is a terrible influence on her .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-05, 20:15   Link #192
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Kazuya is a terrible influence on her .
Wow, I haven't watched the show since episode 3 but is Kazuya actually getting worse? And he dragged Chizuru down with him by influence?
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-05, 20:34   Link #193
Alchemist007
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
there is something about a dumpster fire that makes you unable to look away... sometimes shows like this are what is needed.
I watch this show with a small group, it's not that I don't understand the sentiment, but I don't really like the show; I think "Gamers!" did it better.

If I were to change it myself right now (ep.9), I would have Chizuru leave and maybe delve a bit into Ruka's issues (possessive, childish, etc). It's nice that the blonde girl's been gone too, hope she stays that way though I doubt it.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-05, 23:22   Link #194
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I watch this show with a small group, it's not that I don't understand the sentiment, but I don't really like the show; I think "Gamers!" did it better.

If I were to change it myself right now (ep.9), I would have Chizuru leave and maybe delve a bit into Ruka's issues (possessive, childish, etc). It's nice that the blonde girl's been gone too, hope she stays that way though I doubt it.
Gamers really dealt better with this sort of issue. it was a bit more complicated in the sense that they didnt want to push every girl too far and break the friendship to a breaking point. in that sense its still will have the ups and downs as the relationships progress but its just a bit smoother. though it does sort of end up in the general harem setting where is just a slightly different set of characters

if Gamers is like a steel coaster smoother and safer looking ride and this anime with jerkface is like a wooden coaster. wooden coaster usually are noisy, loud, rough and looks like the ride is ready to fall apart any second. heck i dont even like the MC kazuya but i am watching the series as its just mind boggling how he manages to pick the worst option much like in a dating sim game. im sort of expecting him to end up on the side of the road alone and dejected or worse after he presses the last button on their patience. if he makes any half decent descision in any ep then its more than enough, he's just prone to being worse most of the time.

Chizuru does need to distance herself from him until she gets a hold of her true feeling for him. Ruka is pushy but atleast she has a reason to choose him. Chizuru has yet to make a resolve on her feelings.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-06, 05:12   Link #195
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The land of tempura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Wow, I haven't watched the show since episode 3 but is Kazuya actually getting worse? And he dragged Chizuru down with him by influence?
I wouldn't say Kazuya has influenced her, it's just that she is forced to have actions that keep this going for the sake of plot. She has effectively been dumbed down to make the plot work. Kazuya on the other hand is still the same
__________________
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-06, 11:40   Link #196
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I wouldn't say Kazuya has influenced her, it's just that she is forced to have actions that keep this going for the sake of plot. She has effectively been dumbed down to make the plot work. Kazuya on the other hand is still the same
Actions she's forced to take because she has to go along with Kazuya's lies. Which she admittedly doesn't have to, but I still think he's a terrible influence .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-06, 14:28   Link #197
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I feel bad for Ruka. If Kazuya isn't even willing to give her a chance, this whole trial nonsense is useless. Did she specify how long the trial should last? If not, just end it already.
The "trial" is her chance. She knows that Kazuya doesn't have the courage to give her the time of day for a real relationship, so she lowered the emotional burden of saying "yes" by saying it's a trial.

It's not a real "trial" because there is no definite end date, but Ruka let Kazuya feel that he could break it off at any time.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-11, 14:04   Link #198
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
I guess if there's anything to say about Ruka, she barrels straight towards what she wants no matter what or whom she has to trample over in order to get to it. Gutsy in some respects, but kind of uncaring in another. But she really does look good in that uniform .

Even Kazuya's fish don't take him seriously .

I guess if you have a rental girlfriend, you can also rent her out...but, all in all, it was nice to see Kazuya come clean with Kuri about everything and try to fix what Ruka broke by having Chizuru build up Kuri's dignity and want for a real relationship. He'll still be as much of a horndog though .

If it really is that easy to google Chizuru's profile, I'm kind of surprised no one else has done it. Are we just supposed to think that nobody googles someone they just met? Mami probably would .

Chizuru seems to have a genuine belief in the escapism and healing properties of the rental girlfriend service. She was still in "girlfriend" mode when she said it, but it's not too far off from what she's told Kazuya in private, so it seems like something she genuinely believes. I guess the want for a real relationship part of it more than just the crass fantasies of guys like Kazuya. She might be using it to pay for acting school, and maybe get on the job training in terms of acting with people, but it doesn't seem like she hates her job .

Y'know, now that Kuri knows, I'm kind of wondering how long until the domino's start toppling in terms of the big lie that is Kazuya and Chizuru's relationship .

Chizuru can't 100% rule out the possibility of falling for a client...maybe she isn't quite in love with Kazuya, but there's something there she can't quite put her finger on that doesn't let her completely rule it out .

Time to meet the final girl! Who is yet another rental girlfriend and Chizuru's kouhai who she wants Kazuya to practice with because she's too shy for other clients, which should be interesting. Just from what we've seen of her in the Op, Ed, and at the end, she looks like a real cutie .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-11, 18:43   Link #199
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Chizuru really went all out with Kuri, pressing her boobs against his arm and everything... I don't remember that being part of her routine. I can feel all the NTR doujins being made right now. This episode, man.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-11, 19:48   Link #200
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Looks like the final girl will make her appearance. Though it looks like Mami will also be reentering the story, the final girl may not get much screen time.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.