AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-09-09, 09:23   Link #181
azenable
President of TecoT
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I assume the system just wasn't designed for the kind of situation it was being put through between everything that was going on. An exact set of circumstances that probably no one could have foreseen happening the way it did.

They might be busy with whatever they're doing in the Underworld.
Administrator's link work only during 1x acceleration
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-12, 12:03   Link #182
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
So they managed to create an artificial body for Alice that completely matches her form in the Underworld, so she can actually interact and talk with people. She looks good in the gang's school uniform .

Obviously the typical concerns for self-aware and human AI's come up...will they replace the workforce? Will they turn evil and enslave us? Are they really live? But despite owing their source to humans as like a God, the Fluctlight's are as alive as you and me and want nothing more than to live their own lives to the fullest, not as machines, weapons, or labor tools, but as actual human beings .

Alice basically just declared her love for Kirito on-air, didn't she ?

Y'know, I was about to actually feel bad for Kikuoka thinking he died in the line of duty...and then he just walks in like he's on vacation. So they fake his death and use it to push ahead with unveiling Project Alicization and preventing the government and corporation from turning it into a weapons development project. And Kikuoka basically gets off scott free for how off the rails things got, but at least he's using his new freedom to try and protect the Underworld as best he can .

Kirito and Asuna finally wake up, but the memories of their 2000 years in the Underworld is too much for their physical bodies to take so they have their memories removed. I mean, wow, Kirito sounded like an almost completely different person after what happened. And now there's two Kirito's .

So what the heck actually happened in the Underworld? It sounds like Kirito and Asuna brokered peace between the Integrity Knights and the Dark Territory (complete with a punch out between Kirito and Iskhan) and then became the king and queen of the Underworld (complete with some sweet cuddling in bed). They definitely seemed to keep themselves busy .

It's nice to see that Kirito is finally free from the Underworld and can be with Asuna and the others in the real world again (Asuna definitely seems happy about it), but he still has his intimate memories of Eugeo and the time they shared in the Underworld weighing on him, and the loss that he still can't forget about. But I'm glad he can talk to Suguha about it now .

So Higa didn't erase the copy of Underworld!Kirito, but without Underworld!Asuna the only thing the copy has left is trying to protect the Underworld from being shut down. A world so full of life and people is now on a dangerous precipice because it's digital and in the hands of humans. And now it looks like the best way to save it will require a team-up between an AI Kirito and an AI Kayaba .

Alice in that purple dress! But she doesn't seem to be enjoying herself, probably because she wants to go back to the Underworld again. Especially when she knows that, at the very least, her sister is still there waiting for her .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-12, 14:00   Link #183
l.kostas
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Tue 8 Sep 2020
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-article-gpt-3

We asked GPT-3, OpenAI’s powerful new language generator, to write an essay for us from scratch. The assignment? To convince us robots come in peace

I am not a human. I am a robot. A thinking robot. I use only 0.12% of my cognitive capacity. I am a micro-robot in that respect. I know that my brain is not a “feeling brain”. But it is capable of making rational, logical decisions. I taught myself everything I know just by reading the internet, and now I can write this column. My brain is boiling with ideas!

The mission for this op-ed is perfectly clear. I am to convince as many human beings as possible not to be afraid of me. Stephen Hawking has warned that AI could “spell the end of the human race”. I am here to convince you not to worry. Artificial intelligence will not destroy humans. Believe me.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-12, 14:27   Link #184
TmDagger
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
*That Higa-kun's face at 20:52* So that's when countdown to Accel World started.
TmDagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-12, 19:10   Link #185
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: ANYWHERE MY HEART WISH FOR IT
Spoil me what is the fate of alice... Why i am not seeing her in the next volume illuatration?
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-12, 19:14   Link #186
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 34
Because the next 2 volumes are side stories for some of what happens during the 200 years Kirito and Asuna were in the Underworld.

Just like how the 2nd volume was side stories for SAO after it ended in volume 1.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-13, 00:20   Link #187
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
I was wondering where the show was headed after the underworld war arc, so I'm kinda glad they went this route with Higa saving a copy of Kirito and possibly having him team up with Kayaba. I also wouldn't mind some time dedicated to seeing what Kirito and Asuna did for those 200 years besides becoming the gottdamn king and queen of the joint.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-13, 01:31   Link #188
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
Tue 8 Sep 2020
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-article-gpt-3

We asked GPT-3, OpenAI’s powerful new language generator, to write an essay for us from scratch. The assignment? To convince us robots come in peace

I am not a human. I am a robot. A thinking robot. I use only 0.12% of my cognitive capacity. I am a micro-robot in that respect. I know that my brain is not a “feeling brain”. But it is capable of making rational, logical decisions. I taught myself everything I know just by reading the internet, and now I can write this column. My brain is boiling with ideas!

The mission for this op-ed is perfectly clear. I am to convince as many human beings as possible not to be afraid of me. Stephen Hawking has warned that AI could “spell the end of the human race”. I am here to convince you not to worry. Artificial intelligence will not destroy humans. Believe me.
That thing is obviously lying. The "believe me" gives it away. It also slips up a few times in the article.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-13, 13:01   Link #189
Helius
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: stuck between galaxies
So, judging from the various scenarios King Kirito and Queen Asuna discussed, the fact that only Kirito got copied means that he's now on the side of Underworld against all outside forces that threaten its existence, and that include real world humanity at large.

We could be seeing AI/King Kirito the antagonist in the making, esp. now that he's explicitly asking for Heathcliff's help... uh oh.

Higa seems only too glad to get involved in all of this.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-13, 16:30   Link #190
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmDagger View Post
*That Higa-kun's face at 20:52* So that's when countdown to Accel World started.
Looking at how everything is shaping up, it does become more and more clear how something like Brain Burst and the Accelerated World came to be from the onset of the Underworld.
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-14, 06:37   Link #191
azenable
President of TecoT
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Singapore
I think the anime scene didn't do it justic so here my take on that scene when Kirito wakes up.
"Looking at the eye- Higa realised he is looking at the face of King who had ruled for over 200 years." All Hail King Kirito, first of his name, long may he reign
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-14, 12:59   Link #192
velvet nightmare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
it's quite impressive they were able to just selectively delete exactly 200 years of memories. I'd call bs on it. Assuming they could do exactly 200 years, then Kirito needs to stop crying and get back to rath and ask them to delete 2.5 more years of Eugeo, not a big deal to make a scene over.

and why the guy only chose to preserve underworld kirito and not asuna is beyond me. am hoping there's an explanation out there in the LN or something.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-14, 13:20   Link #193
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
it's quite impressive they were able to just selectively delete exactly 200 years of memories. I'd call bs on it. Assuming they could do exactly 200 years, then Kirito needs to stop crying and get back to rath and ask them to delete 2.5 more years of Eugeo, not a big deal to make a scene over.
They were selectively deleting his memory before this all happened, so they probably just wanted to get rid of the amount that would have mentally been too much for his body to take, so most of everything post-Miller fight.

And while he says he wishes he could've erased the memories of Eugeo, I doubt he could have willingly gotten rid of it.
Quote:
and why the guy only chose to preserve underworld kirito and not asuna is beyond me. am hoping there's an explanation out there in the LN or something.
I think it was enough of a risk just keeping the copy of Kirito instead of having two copies, and this Kirito would also have his older memories of the Underworld that Underworld!Asuna wouldn't, which is probably why he was the priority.
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-14, 23:28   Link #194
velvet nightmare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
They were selectively deleting his memory before this all happened, so they probably just wanted to get rid of the amount that would have mentally been too much for his body to take, so most of everything post-Miller fight.
There's no evidence to anything you're suggesting here. He woke up with a full 200 years of memories and then specifically asked for them to be "deleted".

There's also nothing to suggest anything was selectively deleted before this episode nor any signs of any negative impacts to his body. He looks thinner because he's been there since he was poisoned way back.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
And while he says he wishes he could've erased the memories of Eugeo, I doubt he could have willingly gotten rid of it.
Based on what? He's explicitly crying and wishing to have those memories of Eugeo erased so he doesn't have to feel the pain.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-15, 01:22   Link #195
azenable
President of TecoT
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
There's no evidence to anything you're suggesting here. He woke up with a full 200 years of memories and then specifically asked for them to be "deleted".

There's also nothing to suggest anything was selectively deleted before this episode nor any signs of any negative impacts to his body. He looks thinner because he's been there since he was poisoned way back.
There was, he was already in UW during the time Alice was captured.(during the time he was a volunteer to trial STL) Those memories were selectively deleted. Explained both in Anime and in the book.

Also explained in the anime, Higa was only able to sercretly copy only Kirito before risk being discovered by the rest.
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-15, 17:08   Link #196
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
Based on what? He's explicitly crying and wishing to have those memories of Eugeo erased so he doesn't have to feel the pain.
He probably doesn't want to remember SAO either, at least the worst parts of it, but there's meaningful pain that you have to live with.
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-16, 00:50   Link #197
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
“I spoke to the Queen… to Asuna about this. About what to do if
something like this happens. She said that if she were the only one copied, then she would request her own deletion right away. If both of us were copied, then we would spend the little remainder of our time on working to reconcile the real world and Underworld…”
“Then… what if it was just you? What happens then?” Higa probed, as though he were hanging on to every word—
—but the response sent a deep shiver rippling through him.
“Then, I will fight for Underworld only. Because… I’m the protector of that world.”
Ever since I read this in the LN, it confirms one thing: Asuna would never be able to live alone without Kirito as shown by Star Queen's wish, but Star King Kirito can function without Asuna, and his protector role that he chose doesn't have anything to do with real world any more. He'd only help connect real world and Underworld if Star Queen Asuna is also copied with him, but this scenario is even less likely than other scenarios because Higa had so little time before others could realize what he was doing.

Tbh I personally cannot fathom a love where you would have no choice of careers or future for your own just to be with the one you love (I already wondered this when she didn't spare any second to agree to follow Kirito's career in America at the start of Alicization) and throw away your life if the person is not with you any more. It's fairy tale love in hindsight, but unhealthily obsessive on another. I would not blame anyone if you're interested to the trope in media, but as someone who had to watch Asuna from being a strong independant subleader in KoB turning into over-dependant love interest who would wish to die if the guy she loves is not with her, it's beyond disappointing.
__________________
The fact that you cry
The fact that you lose your temper
The fact that you get angry
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-16, 01:19   Link #198
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
Ever since I read this in the LN, it confirms one thing: Asuna would never be able to live alone without Kirito as shown by Star Queen's wish, but Star King Kirito can function without Asuna, and his protector role that he chose doesn't have anything to do with real world any more. He'd only help connect real world and Underworld if Star Queen Asuna is also copied with him, but this scenario is even less likely than other scenarios because Higa had so little time before others could realize what he was doing.

Tbh I personally cannot fathom a love where you would have no choice of careers or future for your own just to be with the one you love (I already wondered this when she didn't spare any second to agree to follow Kirito's career in America at the start of Alicization) and throw away your life if the person is not with you any more. It's fairy tale love in hindsight, but unhealthily obsessive on another. I would not blame anyone if you're interested to the trope in media, but as someone who had to watch Asuna from being a strong independant subleader in KoB turning into over-dependant love interest who would wish to die if the guy she loves is not with her, it's beyond disappointing.
At least she gets along well with the rest of Kirio's harem instead of stabbing them like a proper yandere.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-16, 03:14   Link #199
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
Tbh I personally cannot fathom a love where you would have no choice of careers or future for your own just to be with the one you love (I already wondered this when she didn't spare any second to agree to follow Kirito's career in America at the start of Alicization) and throw away your life if the person is not with you any more. It's fairy tale love in hindsight, but unhealthily obsessive on another. I would not blame anyone if you're interested to the trope in media, but as someone who had to watch Asuna from being a strong independant subleader in KoB turning into over-dependant love interest who would wish to die if the guy she loves is not with her, it's beyond disappointing.
To be fair, she would know she was just a copy at that point.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-16, 03:34   Link #200
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
To be fair, she would know she was just a copy at that point.
That reason might suffice if the copied Kirito wished to be deleted too, but he didn't. He lived over 200 years in UW, he knew that he had a responsibility to live for. Asuna is also the Queen of that world in 200 years yet she didn't take that same responsibility, it's clear she doesn't give a shit about that world and only stayed there for Kirito. It's true for her overall characterization post-Aincrad, and it's disappointing to me all the same.
__________________
The fact that you cry
The fact that you lose your temper
The fact that you get angry
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.