AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2020-09-13, 12:12   Link #3301
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Is this the first Kamen Rider series with an OP and an ED?

That bike sequence in episode 2 was a bit too much of an ugly CGI fest. I know Kamen Rider's never had a big budget, but it seemed to look particularly bad even for it. The truck and the ants looked like they came out of Ryuki.

Other than that, standard stuff, once again.
Old 2020-09-13, 13:35   Link #3302
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
No, showa always had it (by the way, the ed songs for kamen rider black and black rx, even tho they were in showa era, were just classic, especially the one in kamen rider black, make sure to check them out !)....they last time we had an ed, I think, was in kamen rider kuuga

The major impression I have for this episode...The main character has managed to say the inspirational quote! Therefore, he got the bike for the reward!!
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-14, 08:21   Link #3303
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Worrisome second episode, similar issue with Takeru and crew, hopefully this series prove me wrong once we got the evil Rider reveal.

Not a fan of the CG Rider Kick although I kinda like how writer creatively come up with how kick from above can be performed by anyone who used the book.
CG bike is OK-ish, still, considering the scale, this might as well the last we saw the bike; looks like they will burn everything from start to ensure they have not many narrative burden other than upgrade forms in later episode. Not to mention Buster have enough death flag just by preview. LOL.

- Life is simple, that's why it became complicated. -
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-14, 13:04   Link #3304
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The last were KR Black/RX & KR Kuuga IIRC. Black's ED is still the best one IMO. It's a neat 80s melancholic song fitting for a rider's ending:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2020-09-15, 03:12   Link #3305
iko_uwais

Hibiki also had an ending during the first half, the awesome "Shonen Yo!"
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-15, 05:45   Link #3306
GDB

And with this, I'm done with Saber. I just can't. The only thing that I can still call a positive is the sword fighting choreography, but even that only seems to last like 2 minutes per episode.

The CGI is atrocious, the sets look almost as fake as the CGI, the writing is weak, and the acting is cringe worthy. Things feel like they're just happening without proper buildup, and yet again Saber can just naturally know how to use his new power instantly for no apparent reason.

Can anyone recommend another Rider series with similar quality to Gaim, in terms of all the things I've mentioned here about noticing in regard to Saber?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-15, 06:13   Link #3307
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Can anyone recommend another Rider series with similar quality to Gaim, in terms of all the things I've mentioned here about noticing in regard to Saber?
If you want something as colorful & silly-looking as Gaim but also rather serious with some better actors & stories, I recommend KR Den-O, KR Double (W), KR Ozu (OOO), KR Ex-Aid & KR Build.
Old 2020-09-15, 06:21   Link #3308
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
Hibiki also had an ending during the first half, the awesome "Shonen Yo!"
I totally forgot about that one
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2020-09-15, 06:48   Link #3309
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If you want something as colorful & silly-looking as Gaim but also rather serious with some better actors & stories, I recommend KR Den-O, KR Double (W), KR Ozu (OOO), KR Ex-Aid & KR Build.
The first three sound familiar, so I've probably been recommended them before. Will have to check at least one of them out.

Thanks.
Old 2020-09-15, 07:04   Link #3310
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'd recommend Build first and foremost, since it's pretty much the absolute best KR series to date. Obelisk's other recommendations are good as well, just be warned that Den-O is heavy on comedy which may not be what you're looking for and does feature over the top acting.
Old 2020-09-15, 07:24   Link #3311
iko_uwais

Build is so good, I'm still having a "Build high" even now. Wanted to buy the blu ray box set but then the Ultra Q 4k blu ray come out and I used the money I've been saving for that. Still waiting for that sequel novel which sadly got postponed due to COVID

Btw, I don't know if this has been posted before or not:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-at-36/.164002

My condolences
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-15, 07:30   Link #3312
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yeah, Den-O can be like Three Stooges on the surface but after you see past that, there are earnestness, seriousness & deep moral to the story & characters which can be more potent than some Neo-Heisei Riders.
Old 2020-09-15, 12:50   Link #3313
B214

Den-O despite all the comedy moments, IMO did a great job on their serious moments as well, so it's a pretty decent series in the end to me.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-15, 15:28   Link #3314
justavisitor

Quote:
and yet again Saber can just naturally know how to use his new power instantly for no apparent reason.
if you want the opposite of that, either kuuga or ryuki. Especially Kuuga. The hero spends the entire series figuring out how it works
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-15, 16:31   Link #3315
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
if you want the opposite of that, either kuuga or ryuki. Especially Kuuga. The hero spends the entire series figuring out how it works
Yeah, if GBD doesn't mind a more atmospheric, slowburn & less silly-colorful KR series, I can recommend some other shows too.
Old 2020-09-16, 09:34   Link #3316
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Well, Gaim is not the top on my book so for recommendation I'm not sure about what kind of content you're looking for.
Also, weren't Kouta himself instantly learn all weaponry on his new form? TBH among Gaim Riders only Takatora who made sense to master all weapons from start.

That aside, my list is:

My favorites for series as an overall: Kuuga, Agito, 555, Blade, W, Build;
Good but heavily carried by the casts, so if you not into the characters or acting after several episodes feel free to skip: Ryuki, Den-O, OOO;
Got a lot of praise, somehow doesn't work for me after halfway the series: Gaim, Ex-Aid, Zero One;
Come with classic flavor, IMO not for those looking for whole modern-kind of heroes or conflict: Fourze, Drive;
Feels like wasted potential, at least their movies are fun: Hibiki, Kabuto (still the best KR movie and HBV to this date IMO), Decade, Wizard, Ghost, Zi-O.

- Life is simple, that's why it became complicated. -
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-17, 05:58   Link #3317
B214

Hibiki was nice till the 2nd half.
And after seeing Zi-O, i feel like Toei should've made Decade having the past riders and Zi-O having alternate world riders instead.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-17, 06:10   Link #3318
GDB

Two episodes into Build, and I got some issues but they aren't deal-breaking. Will continue and hope they get better (main issue atm is the pacing).
Old 2020-09-17, 17:09   Link #3319
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Two episodes into Build, and I got some issues but they aren't deal-breaking. Will continue and hope they get better (main issue atm is the pacing).
Build only gets better with time. I remember a couple of things being poorly handled at the beginning (like Banjou and his girlfriend), but they got fixed later.
Old 2020-09-18, 06:34   Link #3320
GDB

Up through episode 5, and yeah Banjou is being handled very poorly. But my biggest issue is still the pacing, which still feels like they made scripts for hour long episodes and then compressed them down to half hour length episodes.

It's still interesting enough to continue, but I'd probably be putting it on the hot seat if this were a weekly watch.

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu