AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 37 Rating
Perfect 10 10 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 40.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 6.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-12-18, 06:41   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 37 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Episode 37.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by RRW; 2016-12-24 at 21:20.
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 06:48   Link #2
tdx

OMFG... I was seriously crying for Mika

Everything that can go wrong goes wrong for Tekkadan, and they're closer to the complete defeat than they've even been.

Idiok is still being a spectacular idiot, still screwing up things for people. And he still lives, like I suspected

Ride is serious about taking the title of death flag houdini from Takaki, isn't he

Yukinojou's words of wisdom to Orga that one wrong step on the path to being the kings of Mars, and Orga will be a pawn again, not a king. And, in a rare display, Orga doesn't care about pride and standings because there's tons of lives on the line in Chryse and that's what matters.

And then we see how right Yukinojou is when McGillis shows himself being calculating as ever, wanting to use the situation and enforce who's superior to whom between himself and Tekkadan despite the seriousness of the situation. But at the end of the day, he, too underestimated the MA, eh.

Oh, and there's no way he didn't recognize Gaelio after Gaelio's comment about him using a suit like Carta's. Which, again, raises the question of whether Macky knew Gaelio was alive or not. Looks like the former, if you ask me. Well, if nothing, those few shots show that McGillis has feelings and can feel emotional pain. Gaelio, for his part, is a lot calmer than I expected, almost to the point where it's hard to believe he's consumed by revenge

But the most impactful part of the episode was, of course, Mika and his resolve and loyalty to Orga (because Orga apparently saved his life when they were kids). The way he ordered Orga (I love it how all the sounds around go silent when he says that, that his voice is the only sound) that no, you won't go to the battlefield, if it's so bad that you're going, I will go instead, and the calm way he spoke about how nothing much will change as long as there is Barbatos to pilot for him, even if he becomes a total cripple... Don't know about you, but to me, this episode's Orga-Mika connection has outdone Kamina-Simon in just about everything.

There's nothing light-hearted in the episode, only the moment between Kudelia and Atra can be sort of called heartwarming. Atra's attempt to call Kudelia out on her feelings for Mika wielded unexpected (for Atra) results, as it does seem like Kudelia's "love" is platonic love for friends. Will it make Atra give up on the harem idea or will it reinforce it even further?

Oh, Unicorn Shiden is indeed Orga's. And ah, Flauros' debut. A very short and not very impressive debut in the light of all the shit that's going on. And, uh, that's not exactly how I imagined a double pilot Gundam? Also, Zack saying that he learned things that perplexed even Yukinijou made me wonder what kind of school it was... could it be that he's a GH spy or something...

My heart is bleeding in preparation to the next episode. I highly doubt Mika will get off scot-free (that moment in the preview where he's lying like his whole body is paralyzed), and Orga is taking it hard, too, plus the whole deal with Teiwaz is coming back, and it's not gonna be pretty.

The little bright side is that Macky's plan of showing Tekkadan where they stand and who's the leader in their alliance is null and void thanks to Mika's interference (he even saved Macky again), so Tekkadan's political standing should solidify a great deal after the MA's defeat, the shortest route and high returns for the shortest time in all its glory. The price though...

And it's likely that nothing except for death will stop Orga now, after Mika's sacrifice. It might get even worse than after Biscuit, I reckon.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 06:49   Link #3
Azurial

damn that was awesome but Iok is still a retard
Mika became paralyze now next episode cause his legs are not working anymore because in the preview he is in the same position as he is in the opening
even if he is paralyze he will be ok when he sit on Barbatos or any MS that have AV-system

GALAXY CANNON!!! XD

Barbatos is now in full demonized mode XD
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 06:52   Link #4
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wow, Mikazuki’s “I’ll be screwed”-flag raises high this episode.

Darth Vidar is not afraid revealing his identity to McG.

McG (almost) got reckt (again).

Flauros' screentime is epic as well as that princess carry/seat of Yamagi .

Mika finally said “no” to Orga’s order, but still in the form of “loyal dog” kinda way.

And Barbatos’ eyes are shining red flare! The cliff is hanging me! I mean, screw the cliffhanger!

Btw, did I miss anything? Did my brain just farted?
Graze Kai = Ryusei-Go I
Shiden Kai = Ryusei-Go III
Flauros = Ryusei-Go IV

So....which one is Ryusei-Go II?
Old 2016-12-18, 06:56   Link #5
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Graze Kai = Ryusei-Go I
Flauros = Ryusei-Go IV

I think the first Ryuusei-go was Shino's mobile worker, I remember it being painted the same horrendous pink.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 06:58   Link #6
n0m@n
C-Z

Mika is just too awesome. But is he raising his death flag?
Cant wait for the next episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Graze Kai = Ryusei-Go I
Flauros = Ryusei-Go IV

Maybe Shino counted his mobile worker as Ryusei-go too?
Or perhaps he had another MS which might be revealed in a possible spin-off manga/novel or something.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 07:06   Link #7
Azurial

Mika deathflag has been raise by that Grandma when she said that she want him to stay at the farm forever and the scene change to the Mars Hero Memorial
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 07:11   Link #8
akumaten

Idiok is Idiok
So being a Gundam Frame pilot was a one way trip in the Calamity war
Next week
The 8th Duke of hell releases the wolves.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 07:15   Link #9
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Mika is just too awesome. But is he raising his death flag?
Cant wait for the next episode.
more like become one with barbatos flag, judging by episode numbers, Mika is going to survive this, but yeah, the only serious way to take down Hashmal is to connect to Barbatos even more, or somehow connect to Hashmal. Whether choice Mika made, he isn't going to make out of this intact.

Last time Mika lose his right eyes and arm, what's will he lose this time
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 07:18   Link #10
darkone45

Looks like Mikazuki doesn't die next episode and his okay as for the battle and the out come looks like Tekkadan beats the Mobile Armour, but will mikazuki be able to walk again oh and ZACK NOBODY CARES HOW SMART YOU ARE WE HAVE AN MA TO BEAT!! I love Zack, but dude needs to get his priority right we have a crisis.
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 07:20   Link #11
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

man Flauros' debut is a bit funny, Yamagi sitting on Shino's lap in the already cramped cockpit, the fujoshi's are making fanart of that right now, also i think Shino is born in the wrong Gundam universe, he should be in G Gundam, GALAXY CANNON!!!

& Iok continues to be the dumbest person ever to live, its a miracle he's still even alive despite not having the right to do so,

also Gundams reacting weirdly when they got close to the Hashmal, causing the AV system's limiter to go wild causing Mika to nose bleed & later blood coming out of his blind eye & knocking Akihiro unconscious along with the nosebleed, it seems the Gundams were designed to be the natural predator of the MA's as in going berserk when they got close to them while giving side effects to their pilots.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 07:24   Link #12
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Flauros is soooooooooo sick. It's even better when Shino is piloting it!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 07:42   Link #13
Tormenk

Episode was a tad underwhelming but that's okay.

- Zack's understanding of the Gundams' limiters is quite suspicious. How convenient he would learn something like that from mere civilian schools. His possibility as a mole among the Three Stooges rose quite a bit in my eyes since either McG or Vidar could have planted an insider to ensure their plans would go down as planned. Aside from Hush, whatshisface is still suspect but we'll see.

- wth was Helmwidge built to fight. The buster sword is easily over the length of a regular MS and I doubt it was put together just to counter the MA.

- Vidar was surprisingly restrained in his encounter with McGillis. Revenge was right before him and yet he stayed his hand. Was the time not ripe?

-Flauros debut was just to shoot through rocks. Definitely could have been a better display.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 07:43   Link #14
ReddyRedWolf

The look on Jullieta's face says what the hell is this Stupid Idiot saying?! Dammit! I could be killing the Mobile Armor winning getting honor for Rustal-sama but here I am saving your ass!

The Stupid Idiot messed up Eugene's timing. Can't we lock Iok in a little box so he won't do any damage?

Besides beam weapons being hot without sufficient shielding like with the Man Rodi it will affect electronics shutting down the Mobile Suit like Ride's Shinden.

Gundams are programmed to go all out on MA but safety systems jump shutting them down to protect the pilot.

McGillis learns Gaelio is alive. They'll have their match later as they have more important stuff to do.

McGillis and Jullieta try to win that MA killing medal but learns it ain't easy as it looks. Mika and Barbatos step in to deal with Hashmal disobeying Orga's order.

Oh yes not only does Kudelia and Atra like Mika but they like each other too. Mika don't die and don't get crippled those two want a threesome with you.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 07:43   Link #15
Tenzen12

As I thought Vida Visa is not blinded by revenge. He probably just feels it's his responsibility as one that survived instead. It doesn't seem like McG knew it was him before, though now it obvious.

Anyway it's bit shame Mika is so gung ho. We could see Unicorn in action, but we got just old boring Barbie instead, doing its generic Gundam stomping...
Old 2016-12-18, 07:45   Link #16
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Episode was a tad underwhelming but that's okay.

- Zack's understanding of the Gundams' limiters is quite suspicious. How convenient he would learn something like that from mere civilian schools. His possibility as a mole among the Three Stooges rose quite a bit in my eyes since either McG or Vidar could have planted an insider to ensure their plans would go down as planned. Aside from Hush, whatshisface is still suspect but we'll see.

- wth was Helmwidge built to fight. The buster sword is easily over the length of a regular MS and I doubt it was put together just to counter the MA.

- Vidar was surprisingly restrained in his encounter with McGillis. Revenge was right before him and yet he stayed his hand. Was the time not ripe?

-Flauros debut was just to shoot through rocks. Definitely could have been a better display.
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 07:50   Link #17
Irenesharda

Eek! Eek! Eek!

I am totally fangirling over this episode! The tension, the action, the fact that this is Tekkadan's hardest battle (and on land no less!)! It was just so great in so many places.

Flauros had a glorious debut. I loved the transformation and the GALAXY CANNON! Also Ride got his big hero moment as everything was going downhill.
I like how Tekkadan shows their mettle, and how Orga shows his leadership chops once again. It's in moments like this where they confirm everything that we believe in them and how I think Tekkadan and Orga are indeed worthy to become the "kings of Mars". Orga has always been a man of the people, even in the face of his biggest ambition, his men, and the lives of others have always been in the heart of it, and I love how they really show that here. He is what the leader of Mars should be.

I'm sure McGillis would like to keep the upper hand (but considering his plans, who wouldn't?) but sorry Macky, the Iron Blooded Orphans are going for EQUAL partnership in this relationship.

I find it interesting that the Gundams were built with two conflicting failsafes when faced with MAs. One that lets the mech go all out, while the other is to protect the pilot's life. I'm guessing they would have run out of pilots during the war if all of them, especially those who weren't strong enough, went with limiters totally off against the MA forces. Only the top one like Agnika and the Seven Stars could probably handle it.

Idiok does it again! I have never seen a character mess up so much so rapidly. Can somebody kill him, PLEASE!!!!
And all his talk about "muh revenge" goes out the window when somebody competent supposedly is going to do it for him. Idiok is such a chump that it really hurts.

And then there ViGali, who honestly has really done nothing but brood and take out a few mooks this entire cour. He does speak to McGillis, making no secret as to his identity. And yet...I don't really think McGillis seemed all that surprised. In fact, he seemed more so as if he had expected to hear from him one day...
Interesting food for thought.

The last thing I want to talk about was probably the biggest thing in the episode for me, and that was Mika and Orga and their strange-yet-awesome relationship. We see that, nothing can shake the complete loyalty the two have. Orga doesn't want Mika to be hurt and he can't stand to lose him. And yet, Mika will not have Orga go out there when he can. Orga is the hand, Mika is the tool. Mika is fine with that, and he will remind Orga of the way it's supposed to be if he ever thinks to try to change it. Mika has given his life to Orga and he is Orga's to do with as he will, even when Orga isn't necessary willing.

Both of them had their moment to shine at the end. Orga for deciding when all else failed to go out there himself, even if in just a shoddy mobile worker. And Mika for having one of the coolest moments ever. And Barbatos is about to do battle with its sworn enemy. Its eyes now ablaze with scarlet....

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 08:01   Link #18
dragon1412

Frankly, Have to hand it offs to Hashmal, the bird really prove itself to be one of the most dangerous enemy of humanity and entire Gundam series, the suspend, the acrobatic skill, the overwhelming strength was portrayed really well this episode. Especially that roar, damn, this is the first time I fell for a MA, most MA in other series seem like a pushover compare to Hashmal.

As a side note, Mika really know how to take care of his harem, going to face that monster.

Somebody just please put Idiok out of misery already.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 08:01   Link #19
tsunade666

Superb episode with the thrill left you hanging on the cliff with only small breeze of calming Atra and Kurdelia talk about their like for Mika. That annoying bird brain Iok is still messing around. That guy has super strong plot armor while Mika is pilling up one over the another. I will bet the legs will come next with this event. Even half way paralyze down and Orga is blaming himself for this but man. this brotherly bond. Its just that manly I can't help but feel happy and sad.
Old 2016-12-18, 08:04   Link #20
Skye629

Best part?

No episode next week due to holidays I bet, we can all go cry in a corner now
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote