AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-07-12, 13:30   Link #1
bastek66
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Burn The Witch (Bleach Spin-off)

New oneshot by Kubo was released in newest jump. What do you think abou it?


Spoiler for Sasuga Kubo, master of ruse:
__________________
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 14:07   Link #2
DragonOsman
Dragon King
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Age: 30
Is it really a Bleach spin-off? All I've heard is that it's a spin-off Kubo is drawing for WSJ's 50th Anniversary (and that many other big-name mangaka are also writing one spin-off each for the occasion). And that it's a romcom yuri manga, apparently, with the keywords for the manga that were released being "Dragons", "Witches" (or "Magic") and "Reverse London".
__________________
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 16:19   Link #3
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
You should try reading it first.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 23:30   Link #4
Oberstein
Mein Kaiser!
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Indonesia
I really forgot Kubo were retro and flashy author, Bleach were just went dark hence became boring.
__________________
Oberstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 00:39   Link #5
Sixth
Nobita
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Wow.. a background!

So we have taller and well-endowed Rukia, wuss Ichigo, and ...who is that blonde girl resembled? Care to fill me on that?

So instead of fighting hollow, we got Dragon as the enemy now?

Bet that the broom or pistol-wand will have the 2nd release if this becomes a long serialization.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 07:27   Link #6
OH&S
Index III was a mistake
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 29
As much as I hated on Bleach and Kubo during end of the series, I can only admire the man for this move.

Well played, Kubo.
__________________
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 08:47   Link #7
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 27
Shame I can't read Korean or Japanese. But it looks like boatloads of fun. That and Kubo continues to be the great master of trolling.
__________________
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 09:34   Link #8
DragonOsman
Dragon King
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Age: 30
@OH&S: I can't blame you for hating on the ending. But even Kubo himself hated it, since he had to rush it because of his deteriorating health (but contrary to what some people seem to be think, Bleach wasn't cancelled). He did get to write the last chapter and Epilogue the way he originally wanted to, but the rest of the ending was rushed and he didn't like it. He's using a novel series written by Narita to reveal some of the things he couldn't get to in the manga. PM me if you want to know more.

Anyway, this is just a one-shot for the 50th Anniversary of Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, and it might not actually be serialized. Let's just wait and see on that. Kubo said in an interview before that since Bleach ran for 15 years, and because there was another mangaka who also took a break as long as the number of years his series ran for before doing another series, he too might take a 15-year break before doing another series. I really hope it's not like that, though. 15 years would be too long.
__________________
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 10:35   Link #9
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Wow.. a background!

So we have taller and well-endowed Rukia
Looked more like Byakuya.

Quote:
wuss Ichigo,
He looked a little like Ichigo, but his attitude was pure Keigo.

Quote:
who is that blonde girl resembled? Care to fill me on that?
She was another Hiyori, the little blonde Vizard that used to be Urahara's lieutenant.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 12:26   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
So this is western Soul Society, with guns instead of swords?
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 13:17   Link #11
Sixth
Nobita
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Looked more like Byakuya.

He looked a little like Ichigo, but his attitude was pure Keigo.

She was another Hiyori, the little blonde Vizard that used to be Urahara's lieutenant.
Haha yeah I completely forgot about Hiyori though.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 19:36   Link #12
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So this is western Soul Society, with guns instead of swords?
We are in the Western Branch. Apparently, the Soul Society in Bleach was referred to as the Eastern Branch well back in Chapter 50 but it was mistranslated by practically everyone according to someone on reddit. Though if anyone who can read Japanese can confirm, that'd be great.
__________________
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 19:39   Link #13
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
We are in the Western Branch. Apparently, the Soul Society in Bleach was referred to as the Eastern Branch well back in Chapter 50 but it was mistranslated by practically everyone according to someone on reddit. Though if anyone who can read Japanese can confirm, that'd be great.
So it's confirmed? This is part of Bleachverse?
__________________
Jcafe is up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 19:41   Link #14
Nivek von Beldo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
So it's confirmed? This is part of Bleachverse?
A friend of mine(mega bleach fan) say is ambigous, so in a serialization could be a bleach spinoff or a standalone story if Kubo want....

The one shot...was OK..dunno the male MC was the generic pervert LN protagonist, he is unnecessary and forced at times, the witches were OK.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 20:20   Link #15
DragonOsman
Dragon King
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Age: 30
It being Soul Society's Western Branch surprised me. So this actually is linked to Bleach, and it's not just because of them being done by the same author and artist. Interesting (at least to me). I also didn't know that the Soul Society in Bleach was referred to as the Eastern Branch back in Chapter 50, so @Hiss13, thanks for the info.

In the Bleach novel series Can't Fear Your Own World by Narita, it says that Yamamoto hated western things. The reveals and info in that series is provided by Kubo, so it's legit.

He's also revealing things about Fullbringers (the identity of the Shinigami who is responsible for killing Ginjou's other friends, and the complete truth about the incident, will also be revealed it--or at least I think so from the looks of it), the Soul King, and some other stuff that couldn't be revealed in the manga because it had to be rushed. I just hope it'll answer all or most questions fans have. It was mentioned in the Prologue in We Do knot Always Love You that the new Soul King is Yhwach, and since CFYOW just refers him/it as "it", "that thing" and "lynchpin" without mentioning his name and saying he's the Soul King, you need to read WKDALY first before you read CFYOW. WDALY is actually the novel that shows Rukia and Renji's wedding. In CFYOW, Hisagi is going around trying to interview people to learn more about the war for his article in the magazine in Soul Society that the 9th Division manages. I forget the name, but it's mentioned in the novel series so those who read it will know. It also reveals who it was that killed Tousen's friend. He's from one of the five great noble families of Soul Society. The novel also reveals that the ancestors of the five great noble families committed a grave sin. I think that that sin is related to the origins of Soul Society (at least the Eastern Branch), which is actually built on lies. Those lies will probably be mentioned in this novel series, but right now it's on hiatus and will be back after the live-action movie is out. Oh and, by the way, I think the bad and shady stuff mentioned in CFYOW is somehow all linked to that same guy that killed Tousen's friend. I'm even thinking he's the one responsible for what happened to Ginjou's group and that Ukitake wasn't the main culprit.

I PM'd Bakato the links, and if someone on here wants me to, I'll post them here as well.
__________________
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 20:30   Link #16
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
It being Soul Society's Western Branch surprised me. So this actually is linked to Bleach, and it's not just because of them being done by the same author and artist. Interesting (at least to me). I also didn't know that the Soul Society in Bleach was referred to as the Eastern Branch back in Chapter 50, so @Hiss13, thanks for the info.

In the Bleach novel series Can't Fear Your Own World by Narita, it says that Yamamoto hated western things. The reveals and info in that series is provided by Kubo, so it's legit.

He's also revealing things about Fullbringers (the identity of the Shinigami who is responsible for killing Ginjou's other friends, and the complete truth about the incident, will also be revealed it--or at least I think so from the looks of it), the Soul King, and some other stuff that couldn't be revealed in the manga because it had to be rushed. I just hope it'll answer all or most questions fans have. It was mentioned in the Prologue in We Do knot Always Love You that the new Soul King is Yhwach, and since CFYOW just refers him/it as "it", "that thing" and "lynchpin" without mentioning his name and saying he's the Soul King, you need to read WKDALY first before you read CFYOW. WDALY is actually the novel that shows Rukia and Renji's wedding. In CFYOW, Hisagi is going around trying to interview people to learn more about the war for his article in the magazine in Soul Society that the 9th Division manages. I forget the name, but it's mentioned in the novel series so those who read it will know. It also reveals who it was that killed Tousen's friend. He's from one of the five great noble families of Soul Society. The novel also reveals that the ancestors of the five great noble families committed a grave sin. I think that that sin is related to the origins of Soul Society (at least the Eastern Branch), which is actually built on lies. Those lies will probably be mentioned in this novel series, but right now it's on hiatus and will be back after the live-action movie is out. Oh and, by the way, I think the bad and shady stuff mentioned in CFYOW is somehow all linked to that same guy that killed Tousen's friend. I'm even thinking he's the one responsible for what happened to Ginjou's group and that Ukitake wasn't the main culprit.

I PM'd Bakato the links, and if someone on here wants me to, I'll post them here as well.
Just took a look at the kanji in the raws Korean scans and I can confirm that the same kanji were used for Soul Society Western Division (of course, barring the kanji for east and west).

I find it hilarious that Ninnie refers to Soul Society-East as barbaric since she's not wrong given its checkered history.
__________________
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 21:00   Link #17
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
I read it and it was pretty stupid
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 23:42   Link #18
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
They believe Yamamoto killed Ywtch afaI remember.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-14, 07:20   Link #19
DragonOsman
Dragon King
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Age: 30
Where did it say that?

And Ninnie said that Japan itself would be barbaric enough to kill any dragons, right (which would be false since they don't really go and kill all spirits)? Rather than saying that the eastern branch of Soul Society itself barbaric?
__________________
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-14, 10:12   Link #20
Sixth
Nobita
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
There is no coincidence that the discount "Ichigo" has the power of the BLACK dragon, right?

If this series got serialized, I already can envision that the discount "Ichigo" will keep spamming "Black Breathe or Getsuga Tenshou" as the Dragon to win the fight.

Also, I really like the idea of they domestic the dragons so the dragon can be used to help/feed human society.

But there was one thing that bothered me. What happened to the pervert Black Dragon? Did they take care of it off-screen?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.