AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-07-15, 19:52   Link #41
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
The anime adapted all of ch 1 & half of ch 2 nice!

Love the OP too. Its kinda of spoilery if you context tho lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
We lose Rem but gain another good-looking and steadfast maid in Frederica, who was apparently the loyal Roswaal retainer who taught the twins everything they know. On-top of that she has such a serene and soothing voice courtesy of Kaori Nazuka. I am really curious what "personal business" kept her way from so long .
The anime actually skipped this explanation. Its not big tho

Spoiler for vol 10 ch1:
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-15, 22:04   Link #42
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
One thing I thought was a really nice touch was when the scene shifted to Echidna's plain and we heard what sounded like her own rendition of the Witch's theme .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-16, 11:08   Link #43
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
is it me, or Subaru is still awfully ignorant about the Witches, the Archbishops and their cults?
and did Subaru and Emilia even explain to Frederica about what Gluttony did to Rem?

Also, why didn't he ask Beatrice about that? maybe she doesn't have the cure but maybe some info?

I mean, come on, perhaps at least ask around for myths/lores about the world? Isn't he even trying to save Rem?
At some point it's not just ignorance but pure neglience

EDIT: on that note, pls Subaru, even a dimwit like myself can suspect that Beatrice has some connection to the whole witch cult thing
__________________
Ultragunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-16, 11:10   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I'm curious what the relationship between the Witches and the Archbishops is since the Archbishops all seem driven by Satella rather than the other Witches. Maybe it has to do with that "Witch Factor" ?
Yeah, I'm thinking this "witch factor" awakens in random humans and turn them into witches. Still kind of weird no one ever mentions other witches though, so maybe she's a ghost since I'm pretty sure Subaru fainted like Emilia and is in some kind of spirit world.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-16, 11:42   Link #45
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
is it me, or Subaru is still awfully ignorant about the Witches, the Archbishops and their cults?
and did Subaru and Emilia even explain to Frederica about what Gluttony did to Rem?
As S1 established pretty nobody knows anything about the cult, or witches for that matter.

Quote:
Also, why didn't he ask Beatrice about that? maybe she doesn't have the cure but maybe some info?
She pointed him towards Sanctuary to get some answers about things related to cult to begin with. This doesn't mean everything there well be answered, or everyone will be forthcoming about it. However she herself doesn't want to talk about it. Keeping in mind that even Puck knows nothing about Gluttony's powers aside from how they work and he is older than Betty so she doesn't necessarily have knowlege regarding that just because she place full of books.

Quote:
I mean, come on, perhaps at least ask around for myths/lores about the world? Isn't he even trying to save Rem?
At some point it's not just ignorance but pure neglience
This dude just barely survived attack on his 2nd home by mysterious organization partly because its ruler negligent about its defenses. Half villagers he saved are now missing & the Emilia camp is kind of in shambles right now. Furthermore Betty who shows no indication of remembering Rem doesn't want to answer any of his questions related to Witches or Cult to begin with as you just saw. How is he being negligent here at all?

He's got several things he's worried about and very little he can do about them. Nobody is giving him convenient answers to them all and sending on his way for their own reasons.

Quote:
EDIT: on that note, pls Subaru, even a dimwit like myself can suspect that Beatrice has some connection to the whole witch cult thing
What was your basis for that before this episode?

Last edited by Applehell; 2020-07-16 at 12:02.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-16, 14:17   Link #46
Zufiria
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
EDIT: on that note, pls Subaru, even a dimwit like myself can suspect that Beatrice has some connection to the whole witch cult thing
Yeah I'm really interested in what made you think there was a connection prior to this episode. I just watched the director's cut before catching up on S2, I don't remember anything that implied that. Maybe the Witch Cult being able to attack and she not being able to protect the mansion.
Zufiria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-16, 14:40   Link #47
Nachtwandler
Yurifag
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine
Age: 32
On the other note. It's funny that Konomi Suzuki is singing 2 OPs and 1 ED this season.
__________________
F/GO: 828 004 124
My Anime list
My VN list
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-16, 16:19   Link #48
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zufiria View Post
Yeah I'm really interested in what made you think there was a connection prior to this episode. I just watched the director's cut before catching up on S2, I don't remember anything that implied that. Maybe the Witch Cult being able to attack and she not being able to protect the mansion.
nah, I was talking about how Beatrice mood immediately soured upon seeing the gospel and learning of Betelgeuse's death.

But I guess it is our privilege as viewers eh

Note: I also only watch the anime, I know nothing from the LN or WN
__________________
Ultragunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-16, 17:32   Link #49
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
On the other note. It's funny that Konomi Suzuki is singing 2 OPs and 1 ED this season.
She's a busy singer .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-16, 17:44   Link #50
Zufiria
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
nah, I was talking about how Beatrice mood immediately soured upon seeing the gospel and learning of Betelgeuse's death.

But I guess it is our privilege as viewers eh

Note: I also only watch the anime, I know nothing from the LN or WN
Ah gotcha. I guess the way it was worded made it seem like there has been other things prior to this episode that he would have to be a complete idiot to have missed.

But yeah the sourness of her mood and more interestingly to me, the fact she referred to Betelgeuse with a nickname as if their relationship was something intimate. Really interested to see where that goes as an anime-only viewer.
Zufiria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-17, 20:28   Link #51
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Would you be my girlfriend?
Age: 30
I'm glad with episode 2 as it seems Subaru is now given a stronger characterization after being able to recover from what happened to Rem. Then again, the opening vid seems to hint this being the new aura of the season as he is seem walking past all his deaths.
__________________
https://cdn-forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic215413_33.gif
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-18, 03:58   Link #52
Liddo-kun
is this so?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gradius Home World
episode 1:

Emilia arguing with a loli, she can be childish sometimes. xD

Those two sin archbishops are too powerful..

The safest decision is what Feyris want, dissolve the alliance. I think Wil disagreeing with Feyris is influenced by the fact that he is greatful to Subaru for helping him have revenge on the whale. Crusch still choose the more dangerous path of still having an alliance with Emilia..

glad this show is back, and looking forward to next episode!
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-19, 17:10   Link #53
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
nah, I was talking about how Beatrice mood immediately soured upon seeing the gospel and learning of Betelgeuse's death.

But I guess it is our privilege as viewers eh

Note: I also only watch the anime, I know nothing from the LN or WN
Actually, you're right, Subaru should have picked up on it. She wasn't exactly being subtle. Even if he had though, it's not like it would have changed anything, she is determined to keep her mouth shut (I think Betelgeuse's death really upset her).
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-19, 18:01   Link #54
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Actually, you're right, Subaru should have picked up on it. She wasn't exactly being subtle. Even if he had though, it's not like it would have changed anything, she is determined to keep her mouth shut (I think Betelgeuse's death really upset her).
I think he did, he just can't talk to her anymore so now he has to rely on the only direction she gave him, which led to Echidna.
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-21, 11:06   Link #55
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Ep 28 preview

http://re-zero-anime.jp/tv/story/#Ep28

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Actually, you're right, Subaru should have picked up on it. She wasn't exactly being subtle. Even if he had though, it's not like it would have changed anything, she is determined to keep her mouth shut (I think Betelgeuse's death really upset her).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think he did, he just can't talk to her anymore so now he has to rely on the only direction she gave him, which led to Echidna.
FYI, Subaru didn't pick up on that at all. He doesn't seem to know the Geuse is shorthand for Petelgeuse. It maybe due a difference in pronunciation. Eitherway, tho as noted asking Betty about is impossible right now.

So he just better focusing on other thing like where Roswaal and the missing villagers are at. Well the whole teleportation and Emilia falling unconscious thing too

Last edited by Applehell; 2020-07-22 at 07:26.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-22, 10:33   Link #56
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
I always find it interesting when characters who appear so overtly feminine and beautiful opt to refer to themselves using the more masculine "Boku." I guess that's just one of the many oddities that make up who Echidna is. She appears on the surface to be a very casual, flippant, and charming woman, with a dash of ditziness, but at times you can peer beneath the surface and see the darker underbelly of someone who the world would come to refer to as a Witch .

Hearing Echidna describe the other Witches, it sounded like most of them actually tried to benefit the world in some regard, albeit likely in a "we're above humanity so we can just do these impossible things we want to do" kind of way. I always kind of assumed they were this cabal of evil, but it sounds more complicated than that. The only exception seems to be Sloth, who wanted to sleep, Echidna who was greedy for knowledge at any cost, and Satella who killed them all .

I love how Echidna offers Subaru the opportunity to finally explain everything to him, but he's all like "I don't have time for exposition, just get me back to Emilia." It's so brazen and kind of stupid that Echidna had no idea how to respond. I mean, I'm not sure she wouldn't have just given Subaru some half-truths that served her own benefit, but who walks away from a prime opportunity to finally understand what's going on ?

Look, it's Bakug...I mean, Garfiel! No, seriously, it's like Nobuhiko Okamoto is basically playing Bakugo in a fantasy setting. Although I guess Garfiel is a little more reasonable to Subaru and company once he figures out why they're there than Bakugo would've been. And he's probably Frederica's brother right? The resemblance is uncanny .

Ram! It was great to see her again, scathing comments towards Barusu as always. I can understand why Subaru is refraining from mentioning Rem to her yet, there's no easy way to explain that .

Roswaal! It's been even longer since we last saw him, although he looks a little worse for wear. I wasn't expecting him to be closely connected to a Witch, let alone Echidna, but I guess it explains why Echidna had some control over Sanctuary. He did seem very insistent she be referred to by her name instead of as a Witch .

So Sanctuary isn't so much a sanctuary, but a prison. That village looks almost as bad as Raphtalia's village in Shield Hero. How did it end up like that? Was it some kind of curse left over from Satella and Echidna? Why did Echidna even create this place in the first place ?

Of course Emilia would go through the Trial for the sake of the villagers, and now they seem truly grateful for all that she's doing for them. I also love how mutually supportive she and Subaru are to each other now .

Garfiel can't participate in the Trial? Does that mean he's not a half-breed ?

The Trial seems like our next major breakpoint for Subaru, and Echidna has given him the ability to aid Emilia in completing it. It doesn't seem like it'll be so much a trial of death though, as it seems to test you more emotionally, as it sends Subaru (and presumably also Emilia?) to face their past and Subaru flashes back to being back home with his shirtless, muscle-bound, father .

With all those figurines in his room...I guess Subaru always had a fetish for white-haired girls .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-22, 10:48   Link #57
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
With all those figurines in his room...I guess Subaru always had a fetish for white-haired girls .
Silver-haired girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Garfiel can't participate in the Trial? Does that mean he's not a half-breed ?
There's probably a lot more to it than that.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-22, 15:01   Link #58
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Hearing Echidna describe the other Witches, it sounded like most of them actually tried to benefit the world in some regard, albeit likely in a "we're above humanity so we can just do these impossible things we want to do" kind of way. I always kind of assumed they were this cabal of evil, but it sounds more complicated than that. The only exception seems to be Sloth, who wanted to sleep, Echidna who was greedy for knowledge at any cost, and Satella who killed them all
Mmhm, you get the sense rather than outright evil or good they capacious people who might a have twisted common sense may wouldn't understand.

Quote:
I love how Echidna offers Subaru the opportunity to finally explain everything to him, but he's all like "I don't have time for exposition, just get me back to Emilia." It's so brazen and kind of stupid that Echidna had no idea how to respond. I mean, I'm not sure she wouldn't have just given Subaru some half-truths that served her own benefit, but who walks away from a prime opportunity to finally understand what's going on ?
There no guarantee anything she says would help or much reason to believe whats she says is true. Plus she had him drink her body fluids without warning. He was also currently in predicament where he doesn't know what is happening to Emilia, Otto & Patrasche. Subaru values the safety of his friends before his own personal needs. Its good thing that's his ideology considering what was going on outside.

Quote:
So Sanctuary isn't so much a sanctuary, but a prison. That village looks almost as bad as Raphtalia's village in Shield Hero. How did it end up like that? Was it some kind of curse left over from Satella and Echidna? Why did Echidna even create this place in the first place ?
Well its best not to assume too much. Afterall its a village of mixed-blood demi-humans like Emilia who are not treat well in society.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-22, 17:25   Link #59
MCAL
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Already doing no openings/no endings, I see.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-22, 17:33   Link #60
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Subaru just leaving Echinda without asking for answers was quite the surprise to her, but she'll no doubt get more chances to see him. Maybe during that future encounter, Subaru will be willing to ask her about everything going on.

Looking at Subaru's room, it's no wonder he fell for Emilia so soon. In addition to everything else, he already had a thing for sliver haired girls.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.