AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-12-11, 13:55   Link #441
Kuroshinobu

As always we can debate all we ever want, but whether he will be brought back or be resting in peace is completely up to the director's whim.

So until official confirmation of Lelouch's survival, he's assumed dead, sadly.
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 13:55   Link #442
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I keep telling people that. That yes, we know they can bring him back. But until then, he is dead and there is no point in hoping or bitching about it.
I wonder if this manga will be a litmus test on whether or not Lelouch is a key component to Geass or not...
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 13:58   Link #443
Kuroshinobu

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglei3 View Post
I wonder if this manga will be a litmus test on whether or not Lelouch is a key component to Geass or not...
Maybe, hopefully. That would be great if Code Geass got even more popular.
Old 2009-12-11, 13:58   Link #444
Laurcus
The black angel

Well Blade I agree with your points, but under the right circumstances there could be a pretty damn good "why" in the context of the story IF it's done right.

For example, if Lelouch was revived against his will and was then pissed about it I could understand that. Maybe the people he put in charge also royally screwed up and have their back to the wall in some new conflict. Maybe then Lelouch plans on killing himself and just going back to being dead, but Suzaku or Kallen or somebody else tells him to suck it up and help out. Then perhaps through the course of the story he redeams himself, or sacrafices himself again, but this time in a more noble way that makes everyone honor his memory instead of thinking of him as Hitler lol.

So I guess what i'm trying to say is that if Sunrise tried to say that Lelouch is just fine and in hiding somewhere, I would have to say that they pulled that out of their butts. But I wouldn't mind if he was brought back tastefully AND with a very good reason in the context of the story.
Old 2009-12-11, 14:02   Link #445
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
Well Blade I agree with your points, but under the right circumstances there could be a pretty damn good "why" in the context of the story IF it's done right.

For example, if Lelouch was revived against his will and was then pissed about it I could understand that. Maybe the people he put in charge also royally screwed up and have their back to the wall in some new conflict. Maybe then Lelouch plans on killing himself and just going back to being dead, but Suzaku or Kallen or somebody else tells him to suck it up and help out. Then perhaps through the course of the story he redeams himself, or sacrafices himself again, but this time in a more noble way that makes everyone honor his memory instead of thinking of him as Hitler lol.

So I guess what i'm trying to say is that if Sunrise tried to say that Lelouch is just fine and in hiding somewhere, I would have to say that they pulled that out of their butts. But I wouldn't mind if he was brought back tastefully AND with a very good reason in the context of the story.
Sunrise "Hey Lelouch, we made everything fail for you during Code Geass that would bring you happiness... guess what, we made your final death plan fail also. Here is a code, enjoy more misery and failed plans please!!!"
Old 2009-12-11, 14:15   Link #446
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
i prefer to think of it as karma saying
"hey Lelouch"
"remember how you chose to do your plan instead of ending the war like a normal person ?"
"remember all the people you murdered in order to do that plan ?"
"did you really think you can just rest in peace after all that ?"

"you wanted to created a world where everyone on the planet hates your guts"
"well, congratulations"
"now you get to live in it"

now THAT is something i can accept
it actually kinda fitting for lelouch's masterplan to turn into a massive case of "nice job breaking it, hero"
its perfectly in character for him
he did zero-requiem because his ego didn't allow him to do anything else, so having it come back to bite him in the ass is practiclly Newtonian
"for every action there is a reaction"

Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 2009-12-11 at 14:25.
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 14:58   Link #447
Laurcus
The black angel

I would like that too, as long as Lelouch then realizes what an idiot he's been and helps try to fix it. You know some actual character development lol.
Old 2009-12-11, 16:20   Link #448
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Humm... I don't want to see Lelouch coming back...

But if they will bring him, at least it must be in a epic way: Saving everyone in the biggest pinch of the series with no explanations whatsoever of why is he alive. Like when Zechs returns in Gundam Wing. It was like: "Zechs? You're alive?" "What do you think? Now i want to kick some ass!"
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 16:24   Link #449
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
"hey Lelouch"
"remember how you chose to do your plan instead of ending the war like a normal person ?"

"well, congratulations"

it actually kinda fitting for lelouch's masterplan to turn into a massive case of "nice job breaking it, hero"
he did zero-requiem because his ego didn't allow him to do anything else, so having it come back to bite him in the ass is practiclly Newtonian
Now THAT. I could accept. I would actually enjoy seeing that a lot.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 18:25   Link #450
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Yes, let's take the Zero Requiem bashing from the forums to the actual series - that's what we need!

It's so much fun to spit into the faces of those who actually liked something about the ending. Oh, and into Lelouch's, because it's totally his fault that the staff didn't care enough about the possible advantages of peace treaties to reconsider.
Hell, they glorified the ending. As long as they meant it, which is very likely indeed, Leouch actually chose a route that is justifiable in the world he lived in, unrealistic as that may be.

Live with it. Otherwise, Clovis will steal your cake.
Old 2009-12-11, 18:37   Link #451
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who is fine with the Zero Requiem and glad that Lelouch did it. After all, it was probably about the only thing of his that actually went right, and how he wanted it.
Old 2009-12-11, 18:41   Link #452
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who is fine with the Zero Requiem and glad that Lelouch did it. After all, it was probably about the only thing of his that actually went right, and how he wanted it.
Ah, that makes two of us already!
If we keep this up, we could build an armee. I'm sure Clovis would join! ...If we stay clear of firearms of any kind, that is.
Old 2009-12-11, 21:33   Link #453
Kuroshinobu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
If we keep this up, we could build an armee. I'm sure Clovis would join! ...If we stay clear of firearms of any kind, that is.
Make that three.
Old 2009-12-11, 21:45   Link #454
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
I guess that make me number 4 then.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 21:53   Link #455
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I guess that make me number 4 then.
Time to pull the train up and have everyone who didn't mind Zero Requiem jump on aboard!!!

Atleast it was an entertaining end to the original series instead of the 'peace' route.

But as was established earlier, my favorite route would probably be Lelouch coming back not according to his plans again.
Old 2009-12-11, 21:55   Link #456
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Oh, I don't mind ZR at all! I love ZR. I think it was messed up, but I also think it was perfectly in character. Lelouch only did what he saw was best. In his eyes it was a perfect plan, and that's the part that makes his sacrifice for it so special -not whether it actually worked or not.

It's kind of like watching a blind man try to paint. You know it's wrong, but it's beautiful anyway.

Last edited by Zetsubou Bunny; 2009-12-11 at 22:07.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 23:36   Link #457
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
"hey Lelouch"

"well, congratulations"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
I would like that too, as long as Lelouch then realizes what an idiot he's been and helps try to fix it. You know some actual character development lol.
Okay, this is WAAAYYYY too harsh. How exactly do you end war the normal way persay exactly?

He did the Zero-Requiem because it was effective. Was it ego? Perhaps, I lean toward an attitude of genuine care for those that knew him as being a factor as well, and his belief that one has to actually step up to what he says, basically how only those who kill have a right to be killed in turn.

I really don't see anyone else coming up with better ideas honestly, so does anyone think they have validity in criticizing him for at least trying where everyone else just sits on their behinds in front of the computer screen here

And btw, this is just getting way too off-topic already and I think you guys are taking way too much advantage of this forum to just vent out unnecsesary complaints about Lelouch here so mind cutting it out already? <_<
Old 2009-12-11, 23:44   Link #458
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
"hey Lelouch"

"well, congratulations"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Bunny View Post
Now THAT. I could accept. I would actually enjoy seeing that a lot.
Thirded. Fourthed. Whatever.

Quote:
Yeah. Too bad it had to be a plan where he kills an assload of people.

Honestly though, I never really approved of Lelouch's methods that much, even from the start. So ZR really wasn't much of a surprise for me and it didn't really do that much to lower my opinion of him (since it was already quite low) But hey, it is what it is.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 23:55   Link #459
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Thirded. Fourthed. Whatever.

Yeah. Too bad it had to be a plan where he kills an assload of people.

Honestly though, I never really approved of Lelouch's methods that much, even from the start. So ZR really wasn't much of a surprise for me and it didn't really do that much to lower my opinion of him (since it was already quite low) But hey, it is what it is.
Yes, because people can't die, or shouldn't die, or don't die when you try to do things concerning life and death, and... wait, I forgot, we don't live in Candy Land! Oh well, there goes the saintly-moral judgmental method right there!

Oh who are you trying to kid? You remember the last person that didn't agree with Lelouch's methods? Yeah, I wonder how far Suzaku managed to get by them with all his morality junk. Approval, smosal, what matters in the end is that they actually manage to do something about it and be the one left standing after its all said and done. Without either of those idealism just gets tooted as decorated varnish that lacks any substance from spine-less hypocrites only going so far as their whining mouths takes them, which is to say not very far at all, or people who just get stomped into the dust and forgotten in the end.

Last edited by KrimzonStriker; 2009-12-12 at 00:06.
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 00:08   Link #460
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Yes, because people can't die, or shouldn't die, or don't die when you try to do things concerning life and death, and... wait, I forgot, we don't live in Candy Land! Oh well, there goes the saintly-moral judgmental method right there!

Oh who are you trying to kid? You remember the last person that didn't agree with Lelouch's methods? Yeah, I wonder how far Suzaku managed to get by them with all his morality junk. Approval, smosal, what matters in the end is that they actually manage to do something about it and be the one left standing after its all said and done. Without either of those idealism just gets tooted as decorated varnish that lacks any substance from spine-less hypocrites only going so far as their whining mouths takes them, which is to say not very far at all, or people who just get stomped into the dust and forgotten in the end.
Well, you don't have to take it so personally. It's not just Lelouch, I pretty much disapprove of anyone who uses methods like that (and war in general). The thing about Lelouch though is...well, he didn't have to enjoy so damn much.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha