AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-15, 08:51   Link #1081
hyl
reading #hikaributts

O_O
a Sana nendoroid is planned

edit: also found an image of Mayumi Yoshida holding that nendoroid. It was first shown during a nico live stream of a weekly show "電波研究社" when Mayumi Yoshida and Ono Ryoko were one of the guests (others were fripside and May'n) in that episode.

edit: i might record that part with Mayumi Yoshida and Ono Ryoko of that livestream and upload it later on youtube

Last edited by hyl; 2011-12-15 at 09:11.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 12:52   Link #1082
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

OH SH%T....did Shingo tap dat ass?!

Harem MC of the YEAR
Old 2011-12-15, 13:13   Link #1083
Candyshark

wonder if other girls will get same threatment or only most polpular ones?
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 13:24   Link #1084
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
wonder if other girls will get same threatment or only most polpular ones?
You mean with a nendoroid treatment?
Sana was already the most popular heroine of Mashiphony, even before the anime or the psp game came out.
Old 2011-12-15, 13:40   Link #1085
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Seriously though if there's implied/actual sex (Miu x Shingo) in like the final episode I am totally gonna rate this 9/10 o_o
10/10, just cuz we got 1 more go to
Old 2011-12-15, 13:49   Link #1086
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

I have no analysis on Episode 11, except that it was just as exceptional as it has been for the rest of the series (damn Shingo, you lucky git - as someone has said above, he has to be harem MC of the year ).

Normal anime conventions have been challenged throughout this anime (tsundere wins, first girl wins) - and whilst this could have potentially gone so wrong, it, in my eyes, has resulted in a pure white symphony of anime brilliance

If you missed the preview for the final episode, watch and listen - it's brilliant. I had to burst out laughing at the fact that Miu and Shingo are having a conversation in nonsense talk. I've read a webcomic that had a couple do the same thing - but hearing such a thing in an anime is so funny!
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 13:54   Link #1087
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

Sana steals the show for me this ep.

No need to be said, full marks from me. Just hopes that next ep or final would be a nice closure for this sleeper anime.

Last edited by sgwc; 2011-12-15 at 13:54. Reason: typo
sgwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 14:24   Link #1088
sikvod00

What a fantastic episode! Sana's talk with Airi at the swing set was so poignant and bittersweet. Compared to her crying at the end of the last episode, I actually think it was a more heartfelt expression of just how badly she'd fallen in love with Shingo when she calmly talks about it. Thinking of cancelling her cell phone contract because of the anxiety of having his number, yet still yearning to hear his voice at night...

I have no doubt too that Shingo is the only guy she'll ever love (just as she stated). That's what makes it so tragic. Sana still dislikes tes men in general, but Shingo is the exception. In her mind, he transcends the state of being a male and the odds of her encountering someone else like that are close to zero. This episode more than any other pushed the fact that the most well-developed heroine(s) are not necessarily the "winner" of the shipping wars, and that can be an OK thing if done right.

My only real complaint was how they made Miu taller than she is during the kiss scene. Her small and petite figure is part of what made her attractive to me.

Last edited by sikvod00; 2011-12-15 at 14:36.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 14:25   Link #1089
pezzie

She's got some pretty wicked heels with that cosplay outfit though, right?
pezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 14:29   Link #1090
sikvod00

^ Lol. I forgot she had heels on during the kiss scene. XD So that explains her height increase a little bit. I still think she's too tall though...
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 14:49   Link #1091
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
^ Lol. I forgot she had heels on during the kiss scene.
That's incorrect, she isn't wearing any shoe-ware during that time, you can see this in a number of shots. (Would be pretty weird if she was walking around his room with her high-heel shoes on anyway ). And yeah, it does seem she was drawn a bit taller than usual for the scene, though I suppose it's a bit hard to compare since she was stretching upwards/standing on toes during the time.
Old 2011-12-15, 14:53   Link #1092
relentlessflame

*Administrator

According to the game, Shingo's supposed to be 171 cm (5' 7"), and Miu's supposed to be 146 cm (4' 9 1/2"). So all things considered, it's probably not that far off. They're both probably a bit too tall for their heights in that scene (particularly their legs).
Old 2011-12-15, 15:09   Link #1093
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

fantastic ep
Old 2011-12-15, 15:17   Link #1094
Zavie

The whole girl talks scenes in this episode just made me feel really melancholic for some reason. It's indeed very beautiful and heart-warm, but also... sad, really really sad. Sana talking about the imaginary phone call from Shingo just nearly broke my heart, I really felt like crying for her. I know (or believe) that she's alright now, but deep down somewhere, I feel that she's still hurt. It makes want to hug her (no impure thought) forever until her pain is gone ;______;

As I said somewhere before, the highlight of this episode for me was not the lovey-dovey between Shingo and Miu. But rather, the maturation of a person, a girl and her beautiful relationship with Airi, Sakuno and Ange.
Old 2011-12-15, 16:03   Link #1095
ookamigirl

Shingo & Miu were kinda cute with all that blushing..
Guess Sana still can't get over the fact that he didn't choose her.
She keeps putting on a brave face..
Nice episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 16:36   Link #1096
Somnus
Eh?

Agreeing with the general consensus here, that was a fantastic episode.

That thing Sana said about the phone call...that tugged at the heartstrings for sure. It wasn't tearjerking...it just weighs down on you due to their impact. It made me like her MUCH more as a character (as it was said earlier, I can never understand how some tsundere types get the guy when they act the way they do).

That being said, I believe that is a thought that most characters...nay, people in general think about the one they love. She just said it out loud. Quite honestly, one of the most pure, and beautiful thoughts of love that comes to mind for me.

Also, at the end. Oh, that end. Not only are these two adorable, Shingo shot right up to the god-tier ranks of male MC's for me. The man got a WELL DESERVED slow clap when the credits started rolling.
Old 2011-12-15, 16:45   Link #1097
Ringil

One thing I don't understand is the scene with Airi flipping through her phone contacts. Is she sad that she doesn't have Shingo's number like Sana? It isn't making too much sense to me, so if someone could explain it, that'd be wonderful

As an aside, Sana had some good lines in this episode.
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 16:51   Link #1098
Miraluka
Banned

He isn't the best male character but sure he is a good one for this harem setting.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 16:53   Link #1099
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringil View Post
One thing I don't understand is the scene with Airi flipping through her phone contacts. Is she sad that she doesn't have Shingo's number like Sana? It isn't making too much sense to me, so if someone could explain it, that'd be wonderful
Well, keep in mind that she did call Shingo on his cellphone when she first ran into Sakuno, so if she wanted to have his number she could have retrieved it from her call history. But the Address Book view is showing that she doesn't have his number saved (since it's alphabetical, and he'd be next to Sakuno). So, did she never save it, or did she previously delete it...?

I think it's an allusion to what could have been more than anything, part of Airi's reflection about the feelings she had/has for him.
Old 2011-12-15, 17:09   Link #1100
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I am pretty sure they have never exchanged their numbers in the anime. Also in the Airi route of the VN she had to ask for Shingo's number. So she probably either deleted that number or she has never saved his number. My cellphone from a few years ago could only hold 20 numbers in the log before the older numbers got replaced.

But i agree that it's nothing more than Airi thinking back at the scene what Sana said about yearning about Shingo's voice on her phone.

late edit:
Uploaded the first 20 minutes of the nico live stream 電波研究社 with Mayumi Yoshida and Ono Ryoko as the guests. Also it was the first time that the Sana nendoroid was shown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQyMazD8a8I

Last edited by hyl; 2011-12-15 at 17:45.

Tags
eroge, romance, seinen