Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-04-23, 19:03   Link #61
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
OMG sakura you only had one job, you've doomed us all. I wonder how they will top Madara now, will it be another asspull power up? or actual outsmarting?
It wouldn't have been as fun to beat the crap out of a one-eyed Madara anyways.

Ha! Sasuke's holding his eye like Lelouche.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 22:09   Link #62
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Agreed. Madara's been all cool and calm and everything for so long, having contingency plans for everything, and having everything under control. But now, between Obito betraying him and giving a power boost to Naruto, Eight-Gates Guy whooping his ass, Naruto cutting down the Great Tree, and now Naruto & Sasuke carrying the Six-Paths Sage's power and using it to team up and gradually overwhelm him, Madara is panicking. He's getting desperate, because his bag of tricks is running on empty. His situation is precarious and desperate, and the smug bastard knows it. Guy, Obito, and Team Naru-Saku have done the impossible: they've made Madara lose his cool and realize that things are going pear-shaped for him, and that he might actually have a chance of losing this whole thing. For the first time in the whole manga, he's lost his sense of absolute superiority and is starting to panic. And against him, that is a huge victory in and of itself, like Super-Saiyan Goku demolishing Frieza's ego.
Dis post, man. 10/10
Couldn't have said it any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
It wouldn't have been as fun to beat the crap out of a one-eyed Madara anyways.

Ha! Sasuke's holding his eye like Lelouche.
He'll get contact lenses with a normal sharingan on it next.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 00:07   Link #63
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
I'm wondering if Naruto will be able to further combine the elements to create "new" advanced elements out of already advanced elements(e.g. [fire+earth = lava], [wind+lightening = magnet], [lava+magnet = ??] ) that the ninja world hasn't seen before. I think some people may be kind of brushing off how potentially powerful his access to all these elements are. As far as elemental ninjitsu goes, he literally has an answer for everything and then some.
dude u are absolutely right. but ive been waiting for 674 chapters for naruto to weave anything close to a hand sign and spit that hot fire or spin into a tornado or sumtin! and i kinda feel like it wont happen. but given how zetsu and the wood statue used all five chakra natures at once and everybody was scared until hiruzen showed up like a boss, we may see naruto make use of the elements if kaguyas original power shows up and starts tearing the earth a part...
Old 2014-04-24, 04:45   Link #64
JustRob

Quote:
Agreed. Madara's been all cool and calm and everything for so long, having contingency plans for everything, and having everything under control. But now, between Obito betraying him and giving a power boost to Naruto, Eight-Gates Guy whooping his ass, Naruto cutting down the Great Tree, and now Naruto & Sasuke carrying the Six-Paths Sage's power and using it to team up and gradually overwhelm him, Madara is panicking. He's getting desperate, because his bag of tricks is running on empty. His situation is precarious and desperate, and the smug bastard knows it. Guy, Obito, and Team Naru-Saku have done the impossible: they've made Madara lose his cool and realize that things are going pear-shaped for him, and that he might actually have a chance of losing this whole thing. For the first time in the whole manga, he's lost his sense of absolute superiority and is starting to panic. And against him, that is a huge victory in and of itself, like Super-Saiyan Goku demolishing Frieza's ego.
No, Madara is not like Frieza at all. When Goku turned into a Super Saiyan, Frieza refused to believe that he was stronger than himself. Even after using his full power, eventually Frieza lost because he was too scared and afraid of Goku. His pride was shattered. Frieza lost his cool and when people lose their cool, they lose.

Madara on the other hand has assessed the situation and acknowledged Naruto and Sasuke. He has already admitted to himself that they're more than just some kids and that he can't underestimate them no matter what. He hasn't lost his cool; he's doing what he always does, analyzing the situation and figuring out the best way to come out on top.

I wouldn't say he's panicking. He wasn't panicking when Gai nearly killed him, he was ecstatic. He thirsts for the challenge.
Old 2014-04-24, 15:00   Link #65
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

To add on what JustRob said Madara isn't the kind of villain who believe himself to be superior by default, who need this sense of superiority to function properly or isn't used to temporary failures and setbacks. You just have to see his relation with Hashirama to see that.

It's not so much that he kept his cool against his previous opponents. He was just bored, a giant among insects. Madara may dream of peace of a kind but he's build for war and it's the only thing he enjoys. He was all but cheering for Gai's last hurrah and now that Sasuke and Naruto have proved themselves to be more than a match, Madara is doing what he always does : grab more power and fight.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 16:48   Link #66
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
To add on what JustRob said Madara isn't the kind of villain who believe himself to be superior by default, who need this sense of superiority to function properly or isn't used to temporary failures and setbacks. You just have to see his relation with Hashirama to see that.

It's not so much that he kept his cool against his previous opponents. He was just bored, a giant among insects. Madara may dream of peace of a kind but he's build for war and it's the only thing he enjoys. He was all but cheering for Gai's last hurrah and now that Sasuke and Naruto have proved themselves to be more than a match, Madara is doing what he always does : grab more power and fight.
Exactly, nicely put. God I love him, he's nearly giving Aizen a run for his money.
Old 2014-04-24, 18:58   Link #67
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Exactly, nicely put. God I love him, he's nearly giving Aizen a run for his money.
i feel like he already has beaten aizen as a main villain. madara's overall plan made more sense and he seems to always have an ace up his sleeve. aizen was dumbfounded when he faced FGT ichigo. i'm sure madara will lose eventually, but he's proved to be more resourceful so far (especially gaining the rinnegan from the hashirama VotE fight)
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 19:17   Link #68
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i feel like he already has beaten aizen as a main villain. madara's overall plan made more sense and he seems to always have an ace up his sleeve. aizen was dumbfounded when he faced FGT ichigo. i'm sure madara will lose eventually, but he's proved to be more resourceful so far (especially gaining the rinnegan from the hashirama VotE fight)
It's a tough decision IMO. I mean Aizen was the type to always have an ace up his sleeve as well up until he didn't. (even if that ace just so happened to be something as simple as "lol. I'm stronger than you all anyways, so who cares!" Or "lol. Hougyoku") lol

And while he may have been dumbfounded and powerless to stop FGT Ichigo, the fact is that Ichigo didn't really beat him in the end. In a sense, he kind of won the actual battle itself by outlasting him. We're lead to believe Aizen only lost because he subconsciously desired to lose his powers due to some nonsensical feeling of loneliness (that we can only assume was brought about after realizing Ichigo powers were fading away).

So from the way I see it, the better villain depends on whether you'd rather see the villain lose to himself or to be overwhelmed in every way by the main protagonists directly (assuming that ends up being the case with Madara). Some might view the former to be kind of lame and anti-climactic while the latter to be far more satisfying, while others might feel a stronger sense of poetic justice from the complete opposite.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 19:43   Link #69
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
And while he may have been dumbfounded and powerless to stop FGT Ichigo, the fact is that Ichigo didn't really beat him in the end. In a sense, he kind of won the actual battle itself by outlasting him. We're lead to believe Aizen only lost because he subconsciously desired to lose his powers due to some nonsensical feeling of loneliness (that we can only assume was brought about after realizing Ichigo powers were fading away).
that's a good point. i was always under the impression that he lost his power because he felt ichigo was better than him (before ichigo lost his powers) so then the hougyoku no longer recognized him as its master since he wasn't the strongest being anymore and lacked confidence in himself

i never really bought into aizen's plan though. for all his smarts, none of it made much sense. madara on the other hand came up with an extremely elaborate plan involving the manipulation of several people (obito and nagato). he was faced with actual mortality unlike aizen but he did manage to cling to life like no other ninja in history in order to set his plan in motion. it's a little too elaborate imo but aizen's plan was essentially just to make ichigo, then make him stronger and stronger so that he himself could evolve and become stronger. luckily for aizen, the massive amount of people who knew he was evil waited until he was immortal to try to kill him...
Old 2014-04-24, 19:47   Link #70
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post

I always thought of Madara as FF's Sephiroth. Cockiness well earned.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 20:05   Link #71
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Team Naru-Saku
Didn't realize Sasuke's name is Sakura
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 20:18   Link #72
sayde

Quote:
that's a good point. i was always under the impression that he lost his power because he felt ichigo was better than him (before ichigo lost his powers) so then the hougyoku no longer recognized him as its master since he wasn't the strongest being anymore and lacked confidence in himself
I don't want to steer the topic too far off course, so all I'll say is, I was forced to take Ichigo's words to Urahara (regarding the hougyoku not rejecting but instead merely granting another one of Aizen's desires) seriously after central 46 confirmed his immortality during his sentencing.
Quote:
i never really bought into aizen's plan though. for all his smarts, none of it made much sense. madara on the other hand came up with an extremely elaborate plan involving the manipulation of several people (obito and nagato). he was faced with actual mortality unlike aizen but he did manage to cling to life like no other ninja in history in order to set his plan in motion. it's a little too elaborate imo but aizen's plan was essentially just to make ichigo, then make him stronger and stronger so that he himself could evolve and become stronger. luckily for aizen, the massive amount of people who knew he was evil waited until he was immortal to try to kill him...
Point well taken. And it's certainly a more compelling reason to respect Madara a little more than Aizen. It's just unfortunate that we never got to hear the full motivation and goal behind Aizen's actions. We know he was gunning for the royal realm and the spirit king, probably for the sake of trying to change the world. But in what way did he want to change things? And for what reason?

Either way, I wouldn't fault anyone for liking Madara > Aizen at this point. As for me, my bias is what it is.

Last edited by sayde; 2014-04-24 at 20:30.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 20:44   Link #73
DKN117

I'm wondering where the others (Edo!Sarutobi, the rest of the Rookie Nine, Orochimaru, etc) are at this point... Are they still taking on Zetsu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Didn't realize Sasuke's name is Sakura
I don't know how the f*ck that even happened. And don't call it a Freudian Slip, because I ship Naruto/Hinata, NOT Naruto/Sakura.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 21:04   Link #74
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
I'm wondering where the others (Edo!Sarutobi, the rest of the Rookie Nine, Orochimaru, etc) are at this point... Are they still taking on Zetsu?

I don't know how the f*ck that even happened. And don't call it a Freudian Slip, because I ship Naruto/Hinata, NOT Naruto/Sakura.
lol, who knows? Sasuke looks womanly enough to be Sakura... or is it Sakura looks manly enough to be Sasuke?

Mistakes happen lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 21:12   Link #75
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Most likely...

Thousand True Hands sure is OP, sasuga Guruguru.
Old 2014-04-24, 21:17   Link #76
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Relevant:

Quote:
Guy, Obito, and Team Naru-Saku have done the impossible: they've made Madara lose his cool and realize that things are going pear-shaped for him, and that he might actually have a chance of losing this whole thing. For the first time in the whole manga, he's lost his sense of absolute superiority and is starting to panic
Yeah I was waiting for this
Old 2014-04-24, 22:59   Link #77
itachi-san314

wow that cover is awesome! just a random thought, but at the cost of his life, gai could have wiped out the entire kage summit on his own if he wanted to...
Old 2014-04-25, 01:42   Link #78
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
wow that cover is awesome! just a random thought, but at the cost of his life, gai could have wiped out the entire kage summit on his own if he wanted to...
Probably.

Provided they actually decided to engage him. Madara was all cocky and decided to face him head-on.

Even Madara said Gai is the greatest taijutsu shinobi hes come across. It would make sense that Gai using all the gates would make him unstoppable - That is until he activated the death gate, and his opponent decided "Ok, imma just teleport away" (or use some other instant escape jutsu).

Then Gai would be like "HOW DO I TURN THIS OFF? OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... WAIT WTF! MY BODY IS BURNING BUT MY SPANDEX IS NOT!"
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 02:15   Link #79
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
8-Gates Guy would wipe out Hashirama and revived Madara on his own if he fought them individually.

Guy is god.
Old 2014-04-26, 02:47   Link #80
Alchemist007
*Author

I just want to see 8 gates animated...in good quality.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion