AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

View Poll Results: Tales of the Abyss - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 2 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 43.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 6.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 12.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-24, 08:54   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Tales of the Abyss - Episode 13 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Tales of the Abyss, Episode 13.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2008-12-24, 12:32   Link #2
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Kannagi, Toaru=1 day before, created
Abyss=...Pff...

Well, I have the memory that it was an interesting episode... It's been a while, so I can't clearly remember...

Natalia isn't really Natalia!? Wonder if we are going to repeat this pattern again, since Luke wasn't Luke either... (-_-)

Wonderful parents Natalia has, really wonderful parents. Nice servant too. <--sarcasm

Vesperia development... (-_-)/

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-12-24, 13:15   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Mohs is great JUST AS PLANNED material.
Old 2008-12-24, 13:38   Link #4
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
My memories of the game are a bit fuzzy, but how far did this episode deviate with regard to the Albiore and Noelle?
Old 2008-12-24, 16:29   Link #5
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
My memories of the game are a bit fuzzy, but how far did this episode deviate with regard to the Albiore and Noelle?
In the game, you have to go to Sheridan, talk to the mechanics, go get the Albiore from the Meggiora Highlands, have it fit with parts from the Tartarus, and then you go to St. Binah with Noelle.

I found the end of this episode really touching. Seeing crowds of people instead of groups of three or four really makes it seem stronger, in my opinion.
Old 2008-12-25, 03:10   Link #6
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
In the game, you have to go to Sheridan, talk to the mechanics, go get the Albiore from the Meggiora Highlands, have it fit with parts from the Tartarus, and then you go to St. Binah with Noelle.

I found the end of this episode really touching. Seeing crowds of people instead of groups of three or four really makes it seem stronger, in my opinion.
Yeah really was a nice scene seeing that crowd come together to protect Natalia. Besides royal blood really doesn't matter to those people anyways. I mean really it may just make them feel even closer to her.

Asch does a lot of behind the scenes work.
Old 2008-12-25, 16:23   Link #7
SkoolRumble4Ya

Natalia parents are cold hearted who gives a crap about her not being a real royal blood. They still took care of her all their life.
Old 2008-12-25, 21:30   Link #8
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
The last scene made me teary-eyed.... it was so beautiful. I like this developing episode a lot. I hate Mohs as much as I do before. I love this episode. It's a nice lead up to the next one, which I predict to be fantastic.

Minnie's Blog- My thoughts, my stories.
Hey, Say, Anime!- My anime blog with a group of writers.
Old 2008-12-26, 07:11   Link #9
Cight

Natalia's father and Peony are out of their minds. They're going to keep fighting over an area they know is going to be destroyed and that could very well take their entire army with it. Not to mention Natalia's father discarding his only heir in a heart beat because some git in a silly hat said to. Speaking of Mohs why exactly is Ion so powerless against him? He's suppose to be the 'master' after all.
Old 2008-12-26, 10:03   Link #10
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well as my family existed the premises i fired up my PC to watch episode 13.

Some interesting events occurred this episode. I never had any doubts about Natalia and her paternity. So this came as quite a shock to me but it makes for an interesting side story. I love how her father was so quick to decide on their deaths and how eager he is to go to war. I dont think any of them including Mohs knows just how bad events are going to play out if Van is not stopped. I found Natalia father a cold hearted bastard he had no reservations about killing her. But the people decided to protect the princess she might not be of royal blood but she is a true princess where it counts and if she has the support of the people the king may be screwed

We also had the opportunity to see Asche come to the rescue and see that their is dissent within the ranks of the God Generals as to the plan at hand and some are divating and serving their own self interest this could lead to the group splitting off into factions. Im still curious as to link between Natalia and the Black Lion every time he sees her he seems very familiar with her. Also, we saw the concern in Natalia's eyes when Asche said he would hold them off and she called him Luke not Asche. I think we know where her true heart lies and its not with the clone Luke which is fine because i prefer Tear anyway.

Next episode we get more Guy and what exactly happened to him all those years ago after surviving his families death.
Old 2008-12-27, 14:19   Link #11
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
I found Natalia father a cold hearted bastard he had no reservations about killing her. But the people decided to protect the princess she might not be of royal blood but she is a true princess where it counts and if she has the support of the people the king may be screwed
This shouldn't come as a surprise considering he's the same king who gives the order to Luke to be the ambassador to Akzeriuth knowing that he's going to die according to the Score in that very place. If Luke had not been made, it would've been Asch who would've gone there. And then, there's the Duke as well... Well, I guess that explains why he's more distant compared to his wife Suzanne, who is on the other hand, overprotective.

However, I haven't seen this episode yet, but after reading the reactions on this thread it seems like there's a deviation from the game somewhere.
Old 2008-12-27, 16:26   Link #12
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Some thoughts...

Ditto on the kind being cold hearted bastard...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-12-28, 03:37   Link #13
NoLongerSane

I thought the episode was enjoyable to watch. Also, you have to look that the kings action was based of from Mohs has informed him and what Mohs represents in the Score. The king was placing his people before his daughter and was going on the saying of Mohs. As for the Score itself, I am not going to say much to spoil anything, but you will be amazed on how many lives were affected by the Score in one painful way or another. As for Mohs, he is just getting started playing an evil bastard.
Old 2008-12-28, 04:52   Link #14
dragonstar13
Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cight View Post
Natalia's father and Peony are out of their minds. They're going to keep fighting over an area they know is going to be destroyed and that could very well take their entire army with it. Not to mention Natalia's father discarding his only heir in a heart beat because some git in a silly hat said to. Speaking of Mohs why exactly is Ion so powerless against him? He's suppose to be the 'master' after all.
For the record, Peony didn't really have a choice. It was either fight back, or let Kimlasca kill everyone and take over. So Peony has little choice in the matter, and Peony did try to send Ion before with a letter of peace. The King however, yes, was cold-hearted to not even have a trial for Natalia. Poor girl didn't even get to talk to him. Part of the reason why he behaved this way is because he was bamboozled by Mohs' discovery. Knowing the king is in an emotional stage, he uses this to confuse the king, and convince him to kill Natalia and Luke. If Natalia is alive, even if she is an impostor, the war would be a mistake. Natalia and Luke's death was the reason why Kimlasca went to war in the first place. I assume Mohs informed the king of this, and why he insists to kill them right away, instead of having a trial.
Ion may have been able to help stop the war, if he went to Kimlasca with Luke. If Ion did go, he would have been able to talk to the King, and perhaps even convince the King not to go to war. Mohs can't actually go against Ion publicly, so he does things in the background instead. Which is what happened in ep.11, when Ion and Natalia were captured.
Old 2008-12-30, 02:44   Link #15
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

the end part lacked that the White Knights and Pere helped them escape like in the game
but overall a good episode

next episode will be good too I think since
Spoiler for spoiler:

Old 2008-12-31, 14:42   Link #16
typhonsentra

Maan, I'm getting really sick of the one word sentence trail-offs in this script.

"Luke...."

"Tear...."
Old 2009-03-14, 09:07   Link #17
GreenLama
Banned

This was THE BEST episode of Tales of the Abyss yet, in my opinion. Mohs is a true villain in every sense of the word and has turned the entire town against both her and Luke and now their lives hang in the balance. Thanks to Asche, they were able to get out of town and live to fight another day, but now I wonder what is going to happen to Asche, it does not appear that Asche and Luke will battle but instead I have the feeling Asche is going to suffer a bad fate by Mohs or Van eventually. Oh the drama!

I will be watching episode 14 tonight, I can't wait!
Old 2011-10-14, 10:52   Link #18
kitten320

WTF?! What kind of asshole father is that?! Who cares if she is not of his blood! She was raised by him and no one else, how could she possible be a traitor?!

If he will ever apologize I hope Natalia won't accept them though I doubt that.