AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-11-17, 15:41   Link #2301
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The thing is though, is that Shu actually tried to find out by asking Gai why he wanted to release a murderer but Gai wouldn't give him an answer. I don't think Segai's words really had that much of an effect or shouldn't have anyway. It's just that he can't trust Gai, which is actually totally understandle since Gai has little besides proving that Shu can't trust him (especially since he found out that Gai made Inori manipulate him). So really it's all Gai's fault for being such a douche.

Gai's just lucky that Shu still wants to find out if Gai is someone he can trust. Probably because he doesn't really have any other choice (he's pretty much a wanted criminal now) but most likely because he's an obstacle in the way of Inori (And I guess partly because he's finally finding a place where he belongs. It's obvious he's always felt isolated and doesn't have any true friends who really know what he's like and what he thinks about)
Spoiler for episode 6:
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 15:43   Link #2302
hyl
reading #hikaributts

@felix
So far i think your "criticism" are mostly based on your own opinions of what the show should have been instead of an actual analysis. So it may look like a little trolling to some people

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I quite frankly have very little interest in realism in an animated series. I also find modern day obsession over realism overrated. It's like the only thing people know how to argue with.
I find that hard to believe if you have very little interest in realism in animated series. Without enough or any realism , you won't be able to empathisize with any of the characters. This serie is not the type that is completely surreal, the settings are but the characters are not. If you can't relate with the characters, then it's kinda impossible to find a particular media (not just talking about animes) interesting

Quote:
The fact he has friends, which aparently he does talk to and care about him, makes his personality even more wierd. He's not normal at all, you don't need to teach a normal person to think properly which is where the series is going with Shu... (at the moment anyway)
His best friend betrayed him not too long ago and he even called his friends "quasi friends" in episode 1, meaning he does not really see all of them as friends. Count in the fact that he was socially awkward to begin with, then i don't find it wierd that he is acting that way.

Quote:
Well, I don't, not that it makes a difference really.

He's really annoying (to me). But I said that already.
If someone is annoying, does not mean he is not realistic. I know in real life tons of people who are annoying, but they are still real.

Quote:

He's not orignal or anything, he basically just tackes the usual weaknesses/negative traits of the typical shounen hero and blows them out of proportion, then does the typical bleach "I have the power, therefore now I am in cool-guy mode". I'm suppose to like him because of the contrast, but I find it quite annoying to have characters switch personalities when it's plot-convenient.
People empathisize better with an slightly average joe whom they can relate with rather than for example a macho army commando.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 15:48   Link #2303
Kunagisa

This is the worst episode of this series. If it weren't for the preview I would've broken my promise and instantly drop this.

I'm just entirely speechless at how stupid everything is this episode.
  • Shu got new power up. You get everything, what do the rest of the people get? Why do they even exist if you're just a walking bloody DEM. Oh yeah, Gai is now spiderman.
  • Gai was a great character, and now we get another chuunibyou idiot. Way to ruin him.
  • I was so mad at the other members who treat Shu like shit for having a voice of reason despite last episode. You would think at least ONE would agree with Shu. Are you all brainwashed or something? (This is the only part of the episode that I think is good in retrospect, because it at least shows I begin to like Shu, but it is laughable that the only way they could do it is make everyone else into retards and dickheads)
  • I'm also getting incredibly annoyed with Inori's attire for battle. It was sexy first couple of times, but seeing her fight with it now is just an eyesore.
  • Someone needs to trigger the lockon!!? You have a freaking fancy as hell robot lying around and it can't press a few buttons. Wow.
  • Endlave cannot reach the top of its head and apparently the armor can be punctured by regular bullets but a rocket to its face does nothing. Daryl confirmed worst jobber of the season.
I honestly don't know why I feel so mad and annoyed with this episode. Maybe because of the bad weather, maybe it's because I'm hungry, but holy freaking a. I've never seen a series that instantaneously killed ALL of its character development in a single episode.

Yes, we get plot isn't the strongest point here, but come the **** on. Hey, at least we get to see the Mom (who looks like a real riot) and the president next episode.

PS: I seriously apologize for bringing negative light to the series once again. I will not post anymore in the future in this thread if I have nothing good to say, but this episode in particular was extremely frustrating for me because I really hoped it would not deteriorate so fast. I guess I'm just a failure at turning off my brain.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 15:48   Link #2304
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Good episode. It's becoming better and better. And Shu is cleraly not what he think he is. Who is he ? Why he lost his past memory ? I'm telling : He was crated by someone or he is the clone of another Shu who was created by the GHQ.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 15:48   Link #2305
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Spoiler for Episode 6:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-17, 16:02   Link #2306
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

episode 7 preview looks like Gai is making his move on student council president. Her family must be related to the GHQ.
Old 2011-11-17, 16:14   Link #2307
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
[*]Shu got new power up. You get everything, what do the rest of the people get? Why do they even exist if you're just a walking bloody DEM. Oh yeah, Gai is now spiderman.
You have seen that void from the previews and eventhough i disliked that deus ex machina at the end, i still think the character who probably had that void is relevant for the story later.
Quote:
[*]Gai was a great character, and now we get another chuunibyou idiot. Way to ruin him.
Some people like Gai being a cold, strong leader, but some people want someone who acts more human.
Quote:
[*]I was so mad at the other members who treat Shu like shit for having a voice of reason despite last episode. You would think at least ONE would agree with Shu. Are you all brainwashed or something? (This is the only part of the episode that I think is good in retrospect, because it at least shows I begin to like Shu, but it is laughable that the only way they could do it is make everyone else into retards and dickheads)
I actually agree with the other members instead of Shu.
<sarcasm>
The chances of casualties has increased to 35% , so i quit before i am responsible for those deaths. So i am letting the giant satelite fry japan. Oh, the people who could have died during the mission will probaby still end up dying because i didn't want to stop that satelite.
</sarcasm>

Quote:
[*]Endlave cannot reach the top of its head and apparently the armor can be punctured by regular bullets but a rocket to its face does nothing. Daryl confirmed worst jobber of the season.
Have you seen how the forearms of the endlave are built? Those arms are unlikely built to reach it's the top of it's own head.
Also the face of the mech is plated, the things behind the head and the back does not have armour.
Old 2011-11-17, 16:16   Link #2308
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Hm. I enjoyed the episode. Shu was actually good. Though remembering how whiney he is from previous episode kind of spoils it a little. Still action was nice, Gai being a complete oracle is kind of stupid but I enjoy watching it. Wonder how many epsiodes until we get confirmation it was all "just as planned". The satalite climax was nice ending to the episode and the pen plot.

There were a few really awful moments though. Like stuopidget I have to agree Gai going into spiderman mode and killing the big bad invincible robot with two bullets was really really stupid. Inori was also really annoying this episode. Okey no offense to anyone, I know that's how she is and all, but I feel if all of her scenes just happened in the background and we got a "inori said this and that" the episode quality would have actually improved. The dialog wasn't as bad as how the VA said it, it was so lifeless, I don't see what it really adds to the table with it.

The satalite central command thing was also pretty UGH! but that's probably just me because I happen to kind of know how these things should work and what some of the nonsense terms they made up were imspired from.

As for everyone else. I enjoyed their little development overall. I feel they're all a little too "Gai, Gai... tell us what to do! Do I go to the toilet now Gai? At what minute and hour should I watch tv Gai?" but it's kind of fun watching them. Catwomen had some good moments. Kanji was probably the best this episode. He's a complete asshole, I love it! Also WTF, dude is such a god damn reverse trap!

Regarding the Inori scene as I understood it they combined the voids...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Have you seen how the size forearms of the endlave are built? Those arms are unlikely built to reach it's the top of it's own head.
Also the face of the mech is plated, the things behind the head and the back does not have armour.
You miss the point. It's stupid that anyone would design such a stupidly vulnerably weapon in the day and age the show is in. And it doesn't even matter if that was the weaker part or not the fact is it has a Star Wars fuel tank. The oldest cheapest deus ex machina in the book.
Old 2011-11-17, 16:23   Link #2309
miketyson

Long-shot but, based on the preview: is the as-yet unknown blondie Gai undercover @ Shu's school?

Fingers crossed...
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 16:27   Link #2310
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Okay, I actually liked this episode. Yeah, there were a few things that didn't make sense, but the one thing that I wanted to happen in this anime FINALLY happened. The characters became likable (I knew that fight between Shu and Gai in the preview would amount to something). Also, the pen wasn't a red herring, Daryl is hopefully shut up for good, and Shu actually FREAKING SMILES! Also, no wonder Kenji is a serial killer. He's like the kid version of L.

I still think Shu's change was a little weird, Inori is still badly written (I still can't believe she was helpless in Episode 1, considering that the bad guys don't know how to shoot worth shit), and the evil guys are about as black as you can get. But otherwise, I liked this episode. This is what I wanted to see about two episodes earlier.

And yes, I think this series has moved towards being campy, but it's still not there yet. I still can't get over some of the huge plotholes that this series keeps on creating for itself.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck

Last edited by Flawfinder; 2011-11-17 at 16:43.
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 16:29   Link #2311
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
You miss the point. It's stupid that anyone would design such a stupidly vulnerably weapon in the day and age the show is in. And it doesn't even matter if that was the weaker part or not the fact is it has a Star Wars fuel tank. The oldest cheapest deus ex machina in the book.
The fact that the still wounded Gai got on top of the Enclave suprised me more than the fact he took the mech out.
Atleast i can think of a reason why he could take out that mecha, unlike his agility while wounded.
Those mechas are unmanned, i am sure that it would recieve the signals from the pilots from somewhere. Plating the part where it recieve the signals would surely disrupt it or atleast make lag it, so it makes sense to me that part is probably not behind armour, meaning it's more vulnerable.
Old 2011-11-17, 16:33   Link #2312
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Another nice episode, and an interesting one at that. But at the same time I didn't find it too compelling. What I liked about this episode was being able to see Gai's view of things. That and his relationship with Shu is starting to build up nicely, or maybe recover since they might have already known each other. Void combination was pretty nice, though it didn't leave me as stunned as episode 4. Just wish the whole leucocyte arc wasn't resolve in just one episode; would've been cool if they keep it going for another episode more imo.

Looking at the preview, Shu's back too school after his 4-5 day? absence. Probably just in time before his mother noticed he was gone. I honestly never imagined him being able to go back to school with the way things were. I hope he can keep Shu can keep himself from getting exposed in front of the public in that cruise. And we finally get to see Shu's mom too. I wonder what's she's been doing this time around?

Quote:
Daryl is hopefully shut up for good
Then you'll likely be saddened that he shows up in the preview too, if that's what you mean. Lucky for him he was bailed out before he was killed off for sure.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 16:38   Link #2313
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post
Then you'll likely be saddened that he shows up in the preview too, if that's what you mean. Lucky for him he was bailed out before he was killed off for sure.
I can't find the preview on the site. Do you know where it is? And really, we're going back to school and Daryl is alive? Another negative to put on this week's GC, unless they actually make it interesting. If next episode makes me hate Shu and Gai again, I'm going to blast the episode on the forums.

Old 2011-11-17, 16:39   Link #2314
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...What no sci-fi? Agree on fantasy, disagree on myth slightly; anime tends to warp mythology — I don't think I've seen to many completely accurate ones. If you mean myth as in mythological elements in fantasy, that I agree with....
I meant mythological elements in fantasy. Not traditional myths but myths like Voids and crippled gods (Gai, Ayase) and power-angels (Inori) and deals with the devil (ep6) and not choosing your gender until you're 17 (Simoun).

I didn't cancel rep until I got enough to (a) feel satisfied and (b) fear looking like I was bragging. It's definitely cleaner without it. But I still like giving it, when something strikes me.

As for ep6, I enjoyed it (twice already, in fact) -- for its mythological elements, if not for its good sense. Inori the powerful weirdling. Gai the omniscient but human. Loved hearing him repeat Shu's line from ep1 about whether or not this him was good enough. But they certainly didn't bother crossing t's and dotting i's. How easy can it be to slip into a top-secret facility, lol?

I do not understand at all why people have such a hate on for Inori, and certainly don't understand how they could not like how Kayano Ai is voicing her. She is being played "exactly as planned," lol. Not as a shounen heroine, but as a weird and powerful but extremely feminine force. Properly understated.

I enjoyed Gai's spiderman act, "unrealistic" as it might have been. We already knew he could jump down from a great height. We saw that in ep1.

For me, however, all these little illogicalities are meaningless. This show is about the emotions of the participants, often vaguely implied, only sometimes openly revealed. That's one of the aspects I am most enjoying.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 16:41   Link #2315
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
The fact that the still wounded Gai got on top of the Enclave suprised me more than the fact he took the mech out.
Atleast i can think of a reason why he could take out that mecha, unlike his agility while wounded.
Those mechas are unmanned, i am sure that it would recieve the signals from the pilots from somewhere. Plating the part where it recieve the signals would surely disrupt it or atleast make lag it, so it makes sense to me that part is probably not behind armour, meaning it's more vulnerable.
You can just make a big piece of heavy metal the transmitter or at worst just run a little wire to it and have the entire surface of the mech be a transmitter. That said I don't even think that's a transmitter, ya they're controlled remotely, but them having an antena or anything doesn't make sense in context. It's probably controlled though some psycho-connection mumbo jumbo. It would make sense considering the previous episode with the light of darkness thing. If these things are just regular radio wave length that void is pretty average at best.

Also, think about it, if it had a transmitter why wouldn't the enemy just use a jammer to disable them.
Old 2011-11-17, 16:41   Link #2316
endarion88

right now what i want to see is at least 1 character in the series to say FUCK YOU GAI I'M ON SHUU SIDE!
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 16:43   Link #2317
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
right now what i want to see is at least 1 character in the series to say FUCK YOU GAI I'M ON SHUU SIDE!
This. I cannot rep you enough. Honestly, I don't know how you guys can say I think Shu's fine for being human, and then completely think it's ok for him to get shit on by others for just being that.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 16:43   Link #2318
Sides

A lot of explosions and nice animation in this episode. Nothing really much to say... except I think void fusion?
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 16:45   Link #2319
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
This. I cannot rep you enough. Honestly, I don't know how you guys can say I think Shu's fine for being human, and then completely think it's ok for him to get shit on by others for just being that.
My main problem with Shu distrusting Gai is that in retrospect, Shu is much more untrustworthy because he had the freaking pen that can fire a satellite cannon. How am I supposed to care about someone not trusting somebody if the someone in question isn't trustworthy himself?

By the way, judging by how the episode ended, I'm guessing that this "arc" is over and we're moving on to a new one. Let's hope the next arc is much better and we actually get to know the characters more.

Old 2011-11-17, 16:48   Link #2320
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Also, think about it, if it had a transmitter why wouldn't the enemy just use a jammer to disable them.
Remote controlled or not, it still somehow needs to transmit the brainwaves of the pilot to the mech seeing that pilots control the mech and they can get hurt from a feedback from the brain if the mech gets damaged

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig