AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-01-17, 18:59   Link #141
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
Jack Del Rio used to be a pretty overrated coach in my opinion, but this year he took a banged up team to it's first playoff victory in several years and played good football against the Patriots for a half.

Patriots vs Packers in the Super Bowl. It would be one of the most magical moments in sports history if the Packers win, and Favre retires at the post game ceremony, having slayed the undefeated Patriots dragon. I really hate the Patriots, but in this case the enemy of whoever beats my team is my friend, even if it's the Patriots. So for one week, I hope the Pats win.

At least no one can blame Peyton for choking this time. His WRs and defense let him down bigtime. Dude threw a lights out game. Even the two INTs weren't even close to being his fault.
Well Brett already said he's thinking about coming back next season. I think the Patriots are going to run the table anyways. I don't know why everyone hates them so much. Just because they keep winning isn't a good enough reason.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 20:12   Link #142
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

I don't hate the pats. They're entertaining ^_^
Old 2008-01-18, 01:44   Link #143
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejazz87 View Post
Well Brett already said he's thinking about coming back next season. I think the Patriots are going to run the table anyways. I don't know why everyone hates them so much. Just because they keep winning isn't a good enough reason.

You can't see why people hate the Pats? Not that people didn't hate them before, but from this season alone. . .

1. Videotape scandal
2. Bill Belichick is an asshole (see: any Patriots press conference, any year)
3. Tom Brady is an arrogant dick (see: any Patriots press conference, this year)
4. Tom Brady's illegitimate son
5. Randy Moss (this truly needs no explanation)
6. They ran up the score on Joe Gibbs, purposefully trying to blank them for the whole game (see: Belichick's face when the Redskins stopped that from happening)
7. Patriots fans (this extends to all Boston area fans as this unprecedented era of Boston greatness is also creating an unprecedented era of cocky ass Boston fans)
8. 16-0. There's nothing more exciting than an entire country tuning in with the hopes of seeing the Pats lose. Don't let the media lie to you, the Pats are bringing in the ratings money because everyone wants to say they saw the Pats lose.
9. "The New England Patriots are a classy team". Cue cheating scandal, Wes Welker barking "You f***ing suck!" at a Colts DB, Randy Moss assaulting some bitch, Two-timing Tom, Brady's new book "Abandoning Your Bastard Child For Dummies". . .
10. Junior Seau. Dude has his little "I'm not retiring, I'm graduating" speech where it looked like he was up all night doing coke, then the next week he signs with the Patriots. If anything, hate the Patriots for a good guy like Seau trying to ride their coat tails to a ring. It's one thing to win a Super Bowl, it's another for Tom Brady and Randy Moss to win it for you.

BONUS:

11. They win too much. Everybody hates the Lakers and Yankees because they used to win too much. Now we enjoy seeing them fail each year. New England's time will come and everyone will remember how they ran up the score and cheated in 2007, and will play their starters until the tail end of a 52-7 blowout too.
Old 2008-01-18, 03:55   Link #144
Mcdonalds

Haha, someone is bitter about the pats. Maybe i'm not a true enough fan, but i like the pats, i find them entertaining and they score touchdowns. Keeps me happy

P.s. i'm a raiders fan, so the less said about them the better
Mcdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 05:46   Link #145
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
You can't see why people hate the Pats? Not that people didn't hate them before, but from this season alone. . .

1. Videotape scandal
2. Bill Belichick is an asshole (see: any Patriots press conference, any year)
3. Tom Brady is an arrogant dick (see: any Patriots press conference, this year)
4. Tom Brady's illegitimate son
5. Randy Moss (this truly needs no explanation)
6. They ran up the score on Joe Gibbs, purposefully trying to blank them for the whole game (see: Belichick's face when the Redskins stopped that from happening)
7. Patriots fans (this extends to all Boston area fans as this unprecedented era of Boston greatness is also creating an unprecedented era of cocky ass Boston fans)
8. 16-0. There's nothing more exciting than an entire country tuning in with the hopes of seeing the Pats lose. Don't let the media lie to you, the Pats are bringing in the ratings money because everyone wants to say they saw the Pats lose.
9. "The New England Patriots are a classy team". Cue cheating scandal, Wes Welker barking "You f***ing suck!" at a Colts DB, Randy Moss assaulting some bitch, Two-timing Tom, Brady's new book "Abandoning Your Bastard Child For Dummies". . .
10. Junior Seau. Dude has his little "I'm not retiring, I'm graduating" speech where it looked like he was up all night doing coke, then the next week he signs with the Patriots. If anything, hate the Patriots for a good guy like Seau trying to ride their coat tails to a ring. It's one thing to win a Super Bowl, it's another for Tom Brady and Randy Moss to win it for you.

BONUS:

11. They win too much. Everybody hates the Lakers and Yankees because they used to win too much. Now we enjoy seeing them fail each year. New England's time will come and everyone will remember how they ran up the score and cheated in 2007, and will play their starters until the tail end of a 52-7 blowout too.
Have your reasons are hugely opinionated. I mean you're judging people's personality based on what you see and hear on television. Some people don't like the media spotlight. That's not a valid reason to hate them. Neither is their personal lives. The players haven't seriously hurt people. And even if someone did do something malicious, then you can take it up with that player, not the organization. I think you're just being a hater and don't like to see teams constantly succeed. Who cares if they win too much. That's the purpose of the sport. To win the game. You don't like it, then take them down. Fans of football shouldn't whine because their own ball club isn't good enough.

The only thing I can see you being mad at for a good reason is the cheating scandal. But I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that teams have committed similar acts that aren't so notable in the past. Such as players take steroids.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2008-01-19, 13:14   Link #146
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Tom Brady is the antithesis of arrogant. He barely ever takes any credit. Every time someone credits him with something, he instantly deflects the credit to his teammates, saying it's his job to hit the open guy (and it is).
Old 2008-01-19, 13:40   Link #147
monir
cho~ kakkoii

The Pats are the epitome of team in the age of free agency and the all other kinds of leash and baggages that are attached in the NFL for a franchise. They win because they try to play the game perfectly. They have a coach who drives for perfection and knows how to convey his message to his players. I think as long as Pats have Belliceck for their coach, they will keep winning. That said, I'll be cheering for the Pats to loose.

Does that mean I hate the Pats? Absolutely not.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 17:17   Link #148
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I've stayed out of this thread for a while in sheer amazement at the intensity of some people's dislike for the Patriots.

I'd expand monir's comment about Belicheck to include the entire front office structure, especially GM Scott Pioli. They've consistently made smart picks in the draft and free agency, especially the latter. There's no doubt in my mind that people like Rodney Harrison, Junior Seau and Randy Moss came to the Patriots to win rings before their careers came to an end.

In fact the recent rise of Boston's teams in professional football, baseball and, this season, basketball all reflect a combination of smart front office people and owners willing to pony up the cash to get star players. While most of us naturally focus on what happens on the field, what's happening up in the executive suite has a lot to do with the future of a club in any sport.

Oh, and I've wanted another Pats-Packers Superbowl since about week three. Favre made us look foolish in 1997, but we didn't have anything like the team we have now.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 04:13   Link #149
UzumakiW
J-rocker

Send a message via AIM to UzumakiW Send a message via Yahoo to UzumakiW
I can't say that I hate the Patriots. I don't really like them, but I don't hate them. And it's always funny when people bring up the fact that they got tape video taping stuff. Everybody knows the Patriots aren't the only ones that do that. People only call them cheaters because they were caught.

Either way, I just want to see San Diego lose >.<. I live in San Diego, and I can easily say that they have the worst fans I've ever seen. People are only Charger fans if they're winning. If they're losing, they will talk crap about them. But when they do start winning, they begin to brag to everybody about how good they are. It's so annoying >.<

(P.S- I'm a Carolina Panther fan )
UzumakiW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 21:12   Link #150
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I just got back from Gillette an hour ago, what a great game. San Diego came out and played really well, it was awesome to watch (and quite freakin' cold, I can't fathom watching Green Bay vs Giants in that weather.)
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 22:20   Link #151
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
It's a shame I didn't enter any sort of pool this year... I've gotten every pick correct so far.

If LT plays, I'm picking San Diego and the Giants in the Super Bowl.
Hm. 9-1, losing only the New Englad Conferance Championship. Not bad.

I don't have a pick for the Super Bowl yet... I don't know who to pick.
Old 2008-01-20, 22:24   Link #152
monir
cho~ kakkoii

2 out of 2 on my picks. Me and my insight. Damn, I'm good. Pats and Giants. Woohoo. This is going to be so much fun. Pats coasted through the regular season except in two games. One was against the Baltimore Ravens, and the other one was against the New York Giants. I'm so eager to watch another great rematch to play out between this two team. Hopefully the Giants have learned enough to take care of business this time around. See you all in Super Bowl XLII. It sure to be a blast.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 22:39   Link #153
Rurik
Golden

I also wished for that match up, NY actually played really good against the Pats, let see if they can step it up a little bit further.. BTW, the game of GB and NY was a nail bitter!!
Old 2008-01-21, 00:18   Link #154
devildog23
Summerlurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Pats coasted through the regular season except in two games. One was against the Baltimore Ravens, and the other one was against the New York Giants.
Don't forget the Eagles and Colts, they even had a little trouble against the Jets...

1 for 2 on my picks, I'm a little surprised the Chargers didn't even get into the endzone once and Lawrence Maroney had a big game...For the Packers game, Favre kind of blew it in OT, but I'm not blaming the loss on Favre, I think Eli proved he was a solid post-season quarterback and Plaxico was causing mismatch problems everywhere, even for Al Harris, who's suppose to be the Packers esteemed "shutdown" corner.

Both games were great to watch and were worthy to be Conference championship games.
devildog23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 01:34   Link #155
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog23 View Post
Don't forget the Eagles and Colts, they even had a little trouble against the Jets...

1 for 2 on my picks, I'm a little surprised the Chargers didn't even get into the endzone once and Lawrence Maroney had a big game...For the Packers game, Favre kind of blew it in OT, but I'm not blaming the loss on Favre, I think Eli proved he was a solid post-season quarterback and Plaxico was causing mismatch problems everywhere, even for Al Harris, who's suppose to be the Packers esteemed "shutdown" corner.

Both games were great to watch and were worthy to be Conference championship games.
Yeah Burress straight up clowned Al Harris. The Packers couldn't run the ball all game and their offense was made out to be one dimensional. Can't blame it all on Favre in my opinion.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2008-01-21, 19:25   Link #156
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
I'm 1 for 2 here. Knowing San Diego and their injuries, I did pick the Patriots, although I'm sure that if LT and Rivers were healthy, I may have gone the other way. As for Giants and Packers, those two looked pretty even, so I picked the Packers to win that one just because they were playing at home, and sure enough, it was OT, which was pretty awesome even though I lost on that one.

Super Bowl XLII. Patriots vs. Giants. Oh, god, this one is one heck of a matchup. I don't know in this one, but I am 6-0 in my last 6 Superbowl picks (Pats, Bucs, Pats, Pats, Steelers, Colts). I'm saving up until Superbowl Sunday morning to pick this one cause I'm just not too damn sure.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 19:32   Link #157
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Im extremely sad for the packers losing i want frave to win at least one more super bowl
im so happy the chrgers got pwn by the pats even if i hate them both
Old 2008-01-21, 20:19   Link #158
ApostleOfGod
^.^

I heard that Chargers didn't play very well during their game with the Patriots, and if they actually played good/decent, they might have beaten Patriots on their bad day, but unfortunately they couldn't stop the Patriots from scoring a PERFECT SEASON (16-0) since 1971 (Around that year, I think it was Green Bay that got it during then?). In any case, I might miss Superbowl on the 3rd, because I might be at camp, but otherwise I got invited to watch it over at a friends. Patriots are going to win, it's inevitable, although Giants defense and their overall playing throughout the season is noteworthy.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 21:11   Link #159
JustInn14
moo

I'm upset that the Packers lost. I am, however, happy they're doing much better this year.
JustInn14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 01:29   Link #160
UzumakiW
J-rocker

Send a message via AIM to UzumakiW Send a message via Yahoo to UzumakiW
I hope New York wins, but I'm not going to get my hopes up too high for that.
UzumakiW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports