Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-02, 10:57   Link #1221
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Alright guys, I'm going to need a little help figuring out which three matches should be featured. Usually, I just go ahead and feature the first three arenas, but now I'm put in a position where there are three inside-top-16 matches, none of which are in the first three matches. So here's the question:

Pick which combination of three should be featured:

#1 Haruhi vs. Hinagiku @ 1
#16 Kotomi vs. Shinku @ 2
Horo vs. C.C. @ 3
#6 Rin vs. #11 Rena @ 4
#12 Rika vs. #3 Nodoka @ 20
#9 Ryou vs. #5 Maria @ 22
I don't want C.C.'s face featured, so:

1) Haruhi vs. Hinasex (hard decision for me which I haven't made yet)
2) Kotomi vs. Shhinku
3) Rin vs. Rena

I would go with Ryou vs. Maria, but they're supporting characters even though they're very famous also.
Old 2008-04-02, 14:15   Link #1222
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Yuki bio updated, but I want more proofreaders before I flag it as Ready.

Er... too many updates to list individually, just check the history page of the Wiki. Also, sorted the links by their status: now you can see which ones are ready/waiting at a glance. 7 profiles await uploading once Minhtam has done the international demographics check. I presume you have the results in an easy-to-access format for people who want to do data analysis.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-04-02, 15:10   Link #1223
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

A little feedback:

Nagi's bio: excellent; I've gotten up through episode 6 and din't feel that anything was given away that spoiled my future epsiodes

Yuki: another excellent one; I don't think it gives too much away that people already don't know. I was going to suggest dropping the last paragraph, but on second thought it does add more to her character that might not be apparent. (One of my favorite scenes in the whole anime was in the Saggitarius ep after she "got permission" to play with the Computer Club, and the very short scene of her fingers dancing over the pages of her book as if at a keyboard. Loved that )

These are from the "high priorities" that I hadn't looked at yet. I guess that since so many get revised that I ought to just wait until they become high-priority? And I take it that those "awaiting finalization" don't need to be checked?
Old 2008-04-02, 15:49   Link #1224
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahasuerus View Post
A little feedback:

Nagi's bio: excellent; I've gotten up through episode 6 and din't feel that anything was given away that spoiled my future epsiodes

Yuki: another excellent one; I don't think it gives too much away that people already don't know. I was going to suggest dropping the last paragraph, but on second thought it does add more to her character that might not be apparent. (One of my favorite scenes in the whole anime was in the Saggitarius ep after she "got permission" to play with the Computer Club, and the very short scene of her fingers dancing over the pages of her book as if at a keyboard. Loved that )

These are from the "high priorities" that I hadn't looked at yet. I guess that since so many get revised that I ought to just wait until they become high-priority? And I take it that those "awaiting finalization" don't need to be checked?
Nagi and Yuki put on "awaiting finalisation" status. Yeah, that status means I'm happy with it, but it's still open for people to make a final check before Minhtam uploads it. Oh and Rin bio is uploaded too.

The epilogue of the Sagitarrius ep is that Yuki takes up the offer and occasionally visits the Computer Club these days. What she does there is... well I'm sure you can think of many possibilities and I'll just leave you with those thoughts~

btw I seem to have lost your feedback on the Haruhi bio?

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-04-02, 15:55   Link #1225
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Meh, sorry I'm selfish and can't help much on the bios. Since I haven't watched StrikerS yet and is currently watching Rozen Maiden, I don't really want to get spoiled by those two series, so I'll help when I can, but remember that my anime repertoire isn't that broad.
Old 2008-04-02, 16:15   Link #1226
Psieye
Lore Hunter

There's a bunch of other anime out there that haven't had its characters' bios checked and the target audience is those who haven't seen them. You don't have time to watch all those anime. Your feedback is more valuable than from those who know everything.

Old 2008-04-02, 16:33   Link #1227
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
Since I haven't watched StrikerS yet and is currently watching Rozen Maiden, I don't really want to get spoiled by those two series, (...)
This is why it's important that the bios are careful about spoilers; IMO it's critical that those voters new to a series and are simply curious about a girl's makeup don't have it ruined for them. Or, have them so wordy that they get fatigued; there are 64 girls after all

Quote:
btw I seem to have lost your feedback on the Haruhi bio?
Oops, it must've got buried back before the voting results

I hate being a nitpicky English Major, that's why I'm only giving general feedback; otherwise I'd be at it all day (I'm slow and deliberate as hell LOL) But you might want to make the "G" in God lower case so as not to offend the easily-offended and take any wind out of their sails if they bite. You know how some people like to be offended But I think Haruhi's bio is good to go

Rin: Another short-but-sweet bio that perfectly describes her. I can't think of too much more to add that you haven't already covered.

I'll try and keep a lookout for bios that are marked as priority proofreading needed, because there are way too many to read all of them

Speaking of that, for Tsubasa'a Sakura done by Z3phyr, it looks pretty ready, although that last paragraph ("She cares...") should probably be dropped as it reveals a spoiler at the end. I haven't seen the series yet but now I know that "that" is going to happen

I found the fun facts cute though
Old 2008-04-02, 16:59   Link #1228
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
Oh and I see people are confused over Saber again. Others have already pointed out Type Moon have a huge fanbase. What this means: very strong doujin community. Doujin is where Moe gets matured. More than Dark Saber or F/HA Saber scenes (e.g. teaching her how to swim, the penguin shaved ice maker), Saber Moe gets matured through Saber Tank, Rocket Punch, ChibiBaka Saber, etc. With other characters, you'd also have to weigh in Drama CDs and Radio broadcasts. Eruruu's Moe is bolstered with The Fork, which originated from a Radio ep and which escalated in doujin so much I've seen it being used as Thurglmir's sword in a Battle Fantasia (read: SRW spoof) imaginary advert.
I know it's been pointed out before, but thanks for elaborating on that. I guess I better let up on my criticism about Saber not being moe. Only having access to the anime (and VN for F/SN... which I haven't finished), it's difficult to imagine that other sources could have so much influence on how the different girls are perceived.

For me, it's basically the anime and little else when it comes to knowing these contestants.
Old 2008-04-02, 17:01   Link #1229
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahasuerus View Post
Speaking of that, for Tsubasa'a Sakura done by Z3phyr, it looks pretty ready, although that last paragraph ("She cares...") should probably be dropped as it reveals a spoiler at the end. I haven't seen the series yet but now I know that "that" is going to happen

I found the fun facts cute though
yeah...
we probably can just cut that off...
i kinda went overboard there... ^^
i guess i just wanted to emphasize that she was no damsel in distress and her being so in the beginning was due to a nerf in her chara...

i found the fun facts cute too...

Spoiler for fun fact image...:
Old 2008-04-02, 17:06   Link #1230
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Hanyuu Bio:
Old 2008-04-02, 17:38   Link #1231
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
I know it's been pointed out before, but thanks for elaborating on that. I guess I better let up on my criticism about Saber not being moe. Only having access to the anime (and VN for F/SN... which I haven't finished), it's difficult to imagine that other sources could have so much influence on how the different girls are perceived.

For me, it's basically the anime and little else when it comes to knowing these contestants.
http://www.freewebs.com/aortic/index.htm

Now you have access to doujins too~

Uuuu, hate it when I can't get to sleep at a desirably early hour...

Old 2008-04-02, 18:02   Link #1232
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
http://www.freewebs.com/aortic/index.htm

Now you have access to doujins too~
Awww....

Problem is, all of the links under the Fate section give me "404 - Not Found."

[edit]- Oops... just read the note that TYPE-MOON and Higurashi is currently unhosted.
Old 2008-04-02, 18:29   Link #1233
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
*yawn*, you know, I'm just going to activate the polls at 0000 GMT and then get some more sleep. I'm tired as it is, and I need my schedule balanced to how I planned it to be.
Old 2008-04-02, 19:00   Link #1234
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I raged inside, just a little, when I saw that Konata beat Nayuki.

Only two matches stood out in the next batch: Haruhi/Hinagiku and Kagami/Nagisa. Haruhi's too genki most of the time, while Hina has superior blushing factor. Nagisa got major moe points in the recent summer vacation episode, which makes that match somewhat harder to decide.

Most of the rest of the matches are easy to decide for me, though I see several where I doubt my favored one will win. =/

Also, why on earth do you have the match results in "bmp" format instead of an indexed-color png? It's a matter of 1 MB vs 20 KB...
Old 2008-04-02, 19:20   Link #1235
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Polls are now active. And argh, I usually would have sent the first vote to test it, but I can't decide in this match!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Also, why on earth do you have the match results in "bmp" format instead of an indexed-color png? It's a matter of 1 MB vs 20 KB...
I never paid attention to whenever I save things unless it's text. In any case, I'll change them later.
Old 2008-04-02, 19:32   Link #1236
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
ARENA 1 Abstain from vote Haruhi Suzumiya (SHnY) Hinagiku Katsura (HnG)
ARENA 2 Abstain from vote Kotomi Ichinose (CL) Shinku (RM)
ARENA 3 Abstain from vote Horo (SW) C.C. (CG)
ARENA 4 Abstain from vote Rin Tosaka (FSN) Rena Ryuguu (HNKN)
ARENA 5 Abstain from vote Teletha Testarossa (FMP) Chikaru Minamoto (SP)
ARENA 6 Abstain from vote Kagami Hiiragi (LS) Nagisa Furukawa (CL)
ARENA 7 Abstain from vote Suiseiseki (RM) Setsuna Sakurazaki (NG)
ARENA 8 Abstain from vote Yuki Nagato (SHnY) Louise Francoise (ZnT)
ARENA 9 Abstain from vote Nagi Sanzen'in (HnG) Souseiseki (RM)
ARENA 10 Abstain from vote Fate Testarossa (NA) Sakura Kinomoto (CS)
ARENA 11 Abstain from vote Shana (SnS) Konoka Konoe (NG)
ARENA 12 Abstain from vote Sakura Matou (FSN) Eruruu (U)
ARENA 13 Abstain from vote Hanyuu Furude (HNKN) Aruruu (U)
ARENA 14 Abstain from vote Tsuruya (SHnY) Mikuru Asahina (SHnY)
ARENA 15 Abstain from vote Tamaki Kousaka (TH) Fuko Ibuki (CL)
ARENA 16 Abstain from vote Suigintou (RM) Touka (U)
ARENA 17 Abstain from vote Konata Izumi (LS) Ayu Tsukimiya (KN)
ARENA 18 Abstain from vote Matsuri Shihou (Sola) Mion Sonozaki (HNKN)
ARENA 19 Abstain from vote Ayumu Nishizawa (HnG) Saber (FSN)
ARENA 20 Abstain from vote Rika Furude (HNKN) Nodoka Miyazaki (NG)
ARENA 21 Abstain from vote Tsukasa Hiiragi (LS) Tamao Suzumi (SP)
ARENA 22 Abstain from vote Ryou Fujibayashi (CL) Maria (HnG)
ARENA 23 Abstain from vote Mai Kawasumi (KN) Yuno (HS)
ARENA 24 Abstain from vote Shiori Misaka (KN) Alice Carroll (ARIA)
ARENA 25 Abstain from vote Sayuri Kurata (KN) Evangeline McDowell (NG)
ARENA 26 Abstain from vote Kyou Fujibayashi (CL) Yue Ayase (NG)
ARENA 27 Abstain from vote Yurie Hitotsubashi (KM) Nayuki Minase (KN)
ARENA 28 Abstain from vote Sakura-hime (TC) Nanoha Takamachi (NA)
ARENA 29 Abstain from vote Tomoyo Sakagami (CL) Tamaki Kawazoe (BB)
ARENA 30 Abstain from vote Konomi Yuzuhara (TH) Kyon's Sister (SHnY)
ARENA 31 Abstain from vote Chiaki Minami (M) Vita (NA)
ARENA 32 Abstain from vote Kiri Komori (SZS) Eri Sawachika (SR)
As you may have noticed, I'm not in the mood to make decisions today.
Old 2008-04-02, 19:51   Link #1237
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Will just give the main page matches some depth and minor points for the rest of the matches.

Haruhi vs Hinagiku - Will have to go with Hina here. Been a while since I could really give her some support. Just a lot of moe moments for her overall. Many avatars around really show that off . But the blushes, fear of heights, nice sword abilities, and her overall attitude really come together well. Can appreciate Haruhi though. A very strong personality and I hate to go against great powers, but know what I have to do on this one.

Kotomi vs Shinku - Will admit this isn't as big a match for me. Generally haven't been huge for Shinku and Kotomi wasn't much of a favourite from Clannad either. Did gain an understanding after watching everything that Rozen Maiden had. Second seasno was good for Shinku. Kotomi with her violin, background, and terrible ways with jokes has her own moe. Suppose I'll give Shinku the nod. It's a tight one, but have to go with what feels right.

Horo vs C.C. - This is the major match of the three for me. I've been doing all that is possible to give Horo some support. C.C. has a past still shrouded, but clearly full of pain. Clearly in looks department she's no slouch . Plus she loves Pizza which is just a great thing in general. But have to go with Horo. The loneliness she's had to endure and the scenes connected to that were just really moe. Her love of apples is a powerful force. Just a deep personality in general. Can tease, get drunk, be sad, angry, and happy. One that is willing to show many sides of herself.
Spoiler for Votes:
Old 2008-04-02, 20:23   Link #1238
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Spoiler for VOTES:

that was a relatively easy vote for me...
the only match that i had to decide was the rin vs rena match...
in the end yandere > tsundere

Spoiler for comments:
Old 2008-04-02, 20:39   Link #1239
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Votes:

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Old 2008-04-02, 20:45   Link #1240
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Well, here are my votes:

Spoiler for votes!:

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-04-02 at 20:56.
Closed Thread

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe