AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-15, 17:42   Link #141
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
I'm not going to be the least bit surprised if Blackbeard has just some sort of 1 line message for luffy and thats his only reason for going... I'm really curious though this arc seems no where near done. The Crew is seperated, Boa, and Garp, Whitebeard hasn't appeared. But what I'm really curious when this is over, what will Luffy's Bounty going to be ? given oda's love for multiplying by 3 ? 900,000,000? seems to high...
Old 2009-05-15, 19:46   Link #142
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I doubt that Blackbeard is there for Luffy. He is only taking advantage of the situation. And I also doubt that unless he directly attacks Luffy's group, Luffy wouldn't want to start a fight with his group, especially when time is of essence.

At the least, his presence there is a good sign for his group, since the WG people has more things to handle, so they can move at a faster pace.

The only important concern would be what Luffy's feelings will be when he encounters the man who sold his brother to the WG. Will he ignore that man, assuming it was in-between them, since it was a fated encounter between them, Ace lost, and what is done is done, or will he want to take the revenge? I think at this point, revenge is not a honorable option for Luffy, at least I can't really find a strong logic to support that kind of action.
Old 2009-05-15, 19:50   Link #143
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
The only important concern would be what Luffy's feelings will be when he encounters the man who sold his brother to the WG..
Does it matter?

Luffy would be sent to hell anyway.
Old 2009-05-15, 19:59   Link #144
marvelB

By the way, the next ministory should be beginning next chapter. We'll finally find out once and for all whether or not it will involve the missing Straw-Hats (still hoping it's about Foxy, though).....

Anyway, I still doubt that Blackbeard came for Luffy. As I said before, I think that his trip to ID may have been something that he's planned for a long time, possibly before he even ditched Whitebeard. He's already proved himself to be rather crafty in the past, has he not? But I think the biggest question right now will be what happens when he encounters Shiryuu....?

Oh, and speaking of ministories, when we get the inevitable ID-based ministory, I hope it focuses on Hannyabal. I've really taken quite a liking to the guy! He may not become warden, but he can always follow another dream.....
Old 2009-05-15, 21:11   Link #145
SMASHERJACKSON

for some reason im expecting shiryuu and BB to alrdy know each other, mainly cos of Shiryuu's disregard for the llaw/maries, evilness and similar characteristics to BB, they just seem like theyre birds of a feather.
Old 2009-05-15, 21:31   Link #146
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Does it matter?

Luffy would be sent to hell anyway.
It does matter, and Luffy won't be sent to hell.
Old 2009-05-15, 22:25   Link #147
james0246

^No, but he could be so extensively damaged that while knocked unconscious he couldn't even dream about taking part in the upcoming events.

Luffy can do nothing against someone like Blackbeard...currently. I do think that his DF will hold a key to defeating Blackbeard's, but he will need to level up quite a bit before that occurs.
Old 2009-05-15, 22:43   Link #148
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
It does matter, and Luffy won't be sent to hell.
So Luffy's feelings matter even if it means his own annihilation?
This contradiction will undoubtably send him to Hell.
Old 2009-05-15, 22:50   Link #149
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
By the way, the next ministory should be beginning next chapter. We'll finally find out once and for all whether or not it will involve the missing Straw-Hats (still hoping it's about Foxy, though).....
Yikes! I hope the fate of the rest of the crew isn't revealed through a ministory arc alone! So little coverage... that would be unbelievably depressing orz !
Old 2009-05-15, 23:15   Link #150
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Again, you are considering their fighting as a given, while I was questioning whether this would happen or not. And how much his emotions will be in play. Blackbeard was shown as not someone who would want to act unnecessarily. So, if he doesn't want to have anything to do with Luffy, he can simply avoid it, or make Luffy avoid it. There are many things he can use to avoid a confrontation. And, even if there would be any confrontation, it wouldn't be Luffy vs. Blackbeard either. There are too many things going on at the moment, and it is difficult to guess what may happen, with all the people involved in this matter.

Also, you are almost suggesting that Luffy would risk his mission of saving Ace and fight against Blackbeard so easily. It is not like Blackbeard is going to leave the world before he can make such a thing happen. However, Ace is getting pretty close to achieve that end point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
So Luffy's feelings matter even if it means his own annihilation?
This contradiction will undoubtably send him to Hell.
You are at the point of making this a pissing race between Blackbeard and Luffy no matter what. This is what I call a computer game plot. No real content to require much thinking, just action, beat it, kill it, go go go!!!

Luffy is someone who is capable of abandoning a less priority mission for a higher priority one. You can try to paint him as an uber idiot but he is not. When it matters, he is someone you can expect to make a rational decision. And, if his feelings dictate that saving Ace would be a more important goal than trying to beat Blackbeard and fail afterwards, then make your choice.
Old 2009-05-16, 00:00   Link #151
Master Mold
Banned

Luffy is stupid.
Old 2009-05-16, 00:43   Link #152
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

There were these Pluton and Poseidon things too.Since World Goverment and Baroque Works wanted them like mad, they must play some important role.Maybe there really is a poneglyph like James mentioned, or a prisoner in level six that has contacts with these secret weapons whose not so willingly to give the secrets to WG but willing to give the secrets to a friendly outsider pirate? Whatever it is these secret gunships will have great importance in the latest chapters of main storyline.It wouldn't surprise me if Blackbeard will find it first (after all those silence about ancient weapons, there will be no greater shock than that to world, even greater than BB killing Whitebeard theory)

Besides, poor Blackbeard doesnt even have a proper ship.I mean it was a goddamn raft.It'd be so great if he owns an ancient powerful ship.
Old 2009-05-16, 01:07   Link #153
james0246

^Pluton and Poseidon are kind of like the gun on a stage. We just know that Pluton or Poseidon will be resurrected at some point. So, who better than Blackbeard? (maybe DoFlamingo...)
Old 2009-05-16, 05:03   Link #154
syler321

i dont think blackbeard is the type of guy who cares about a ship,he will probably make the ship that he took from teh wg to ID his own ship now...

and luffy is not an idiot,he is just funny

and why ppl think luffy cant do nothing againts blackbeard?sure that perhaps blackbeard will win bcos of his df ability,but dont roll out luffy so quickly,if theres something we know abvout luffy is that he gets alot stronger when he faces somone stronger then him,he loves that and he is the kind of guy who will alwyas think how to beat someone he cant and he probably will after a few trys...
we saw blackbeard vs ace but come on,ace wasnt even close to his level,im sure luffy is a lot more closer to blackbeard level then ace,dont forget luffy can do his snd gear thing and he will be much stronger then blackbeard,blackbeard is big and slow,luffy isnt...
and im sure if luffy go againts blacbeard he will make a new move,maybe a 4th gear?double gigantic pistoleeee hehe...
Old 2009-05-16, 07:54   Link #155
Principalities

I am dreaming of Zoro defeating Shiryuu and hijacking his katana......
Old 2009-05-16, 09:12   Link #156
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Pluton and Poseidon are kind of like the gun on a stage. We just know that Pluton or Poseidon will be resurrected at some point. So, who better than Blackbeard? (maybe DoFlamingo...)
Dragon might be another candidate :P Hope Teach will find it faster :P

Quote:
i dont think blackbeard is the type of guy who cares about a ship,he will probably make the ship that he took from teh wg to ID his own ship now...
As far as I know, Pluton is a ship capable of destroying entire islands with one button.What's better than ruling the entire world with a mass destruction weapon by your side?
Old 2009-05-16, 09:33   Link #157
syler321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Dragon might be another candidate :P Hope Teach will find it faster :P

As far as I know, Pluton is a ship capable of destroying entire islands with one button.What's better than ruling the entire world with a mass destruction weapon by your side?

its simply boring
for weak pepole like spandamm form cp9 sure thats a cool thing,but from someone like blackbeard i expect more of,im sure luffy or gold d roger didnt cared about those stuff,cos the true pirate king isnt the guy who has that ship,its the guy who is simply the strongest and the one who found one piece of course...

again those ships,pluton and the other ship just seems like a solution for weak ppl to gain power thats all...
Old 2009-05-16, 10:10   Link #158
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

I don't see HOW Blackbeard could take advantage of Impel Down at the moment like people are saying; Impel Down is going to hell in a hand basket thanks to Luffy, and if Blackbeard's there, he's gonna get wrapped up in the mess, too. I bet he's there because of Luffy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principalities View Post
I am dreaming of Zoro defeating Shiryuu and hijacking his katana......
Why? He doesn't need it; he's got Wado Ichimonji, Sandai Kitetsu and Meitou Shuusui; he doesn't have room for any others.
Old 2009-05-16, 11:16   Link #159
Captain Roronoa Zoro

sandai kitetsu might be replaceable
Old 2009-05-16, 11:58   Link #160
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change of Pace View Post
I don't see HOW Blackbeard could take advantage of Impel Down at the moment like people are saying; Impel Down is going to hell in a hand basket thanks to Luffy, and if Blackbeard's there, he's gonna get wrapped up in the mess, too. I bet he's there because of Luffy.
The only reason why Blackbeard wanted Luffy head was to become well known, and earn a seat in the Seven Armed Seas, but since he has already done that by giving the World Government a greater head (Ace) he has no more use for Luffy's head. I'm with MarvelB and I also think he's there to recruit the named level six pirates. I' mean think about it, the level six guys have yet to be shown, even when the mean character showed up on level six, Lufffy ain't going back down to level six, and is doing ever thing he can to leave ID, Blackbeard is making his way into ID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Besides, poor Blackbeard doesnt even have a proper ship.I mean it was a goddamn raft.It'd be so great if he owns an ancient powerful ship.
Well it seems like he just jacked a Marine Battle ship, If true I'm sure he will remodel it to his likening later,

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-05-16 at 13:06.
Closed Thread