AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-24, 03:43   Link #1201
JiffyGB
*snicker*

I never really put too much thought into Shichika never getting himself hurt...so who's gonna draw first blood?

I'm gonna put my money on some underhanded means from that princess Togame's freaking out over. Of course his sister is a prime candidate as well
JiffyGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 03:48   Link #1202
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
What intersted me is that Shichika actually had problems with it, despite being a sociopath.
It always looked to me like Shichika had more common sense than Togame and of course heaps more of that than Nanami.

Oh, I forgot to mention awesome new background music.
That Hiteihime theme!
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 04:59   Link #1203
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Am I the only one who thought "This trend of increasing domestic violence is worrying me..."?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 05:20   Link #1204
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Am I the only one who thought "This trend of increasing domestic violence is worrying me..."?
I was thinking that too, but slapstick comedy is like the norm for anime so I'm used it by now.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 15:47   Link #1205
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its the Edo period..... play time was rougher then.

Anyway, ep 5 was an interesting bit of a political story with nice twists... but I had an amazing amount of difficulty paying attention to the dialog and plot when Togame was onscreen. The animators were really playing up her stunning beauty/cuteness.

Shichika really worries me after that onsen and inn sequence where he seems completely oblivious to the pheromones wafting from Togame.

"hah... a pinkie? Have an entire left arm!" ... but the ninja exacted revenge at the end with that revelation, cheerio...

And honestly.... I could see Togame in a few more days suddenly get a light bulb --- "excuse me? your woman? when did you do something for that to be true? baka!"
Old 2010-05-24, 17:57   Link #1206
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
And honestly.... I could see Togame in a few more days suddenly get a light bulb --- "excuse me? your woman? when did you do something for that to be true? baka!"
Well, you could call it a Platonic Love. XD

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 23:29   Link #1207
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Actually I think she's mature enough to not run that line.

The entire bath scene was proof of that, I can't tell you how refreshing it was to not have her go 'kyaaaaaaaa' or hide her face in her hands or any of that sorry shit I'm sure we're all accustomed to by now. The fact that she was the one to invite him to the bath speaks volumes about how serious they are about actually developing her and Shichika as characters. I am so god damn in love with the show because of that. They don't even need to flesh the two of them out and they could easily just run this at 22 mins and stick with some pure shonen shit but going this far leads me to be absolutely head over heels for everything about this show. The shonen shit is actually a fantastic bonus and more then I could ever ask for.

And I don't care if it's crude or not but Togame has the cutest little butt ever. I want to pinch and grab and hug it so damn hard.

^_______^

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 23:46   Link #1208
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Actually I think she's mature enough to not run that line.

The entire bath scene was proof of that, I can't tell you how refreshing it was to not have her go 'kyaaaaaaaa' or hide her face in her hands or any of that sorry shit I'm sure we're all accustomed to by now. The fact that she was the one to invite him to the bath speaks volumes about how serious they are about actually developing her and Shichika as characters. I am so god damn in love with the show because of that. They don't even need to flesh the two of them out and they could easily just run this at 22 mins and stick with some pure shonen shit but going this far leads me to be absolutely head over heels for everything about this show. The shonen shit is actually a fantastic bonus and more then I could ever ask for.

And I don't care if it's crude or not but Togame has the cutest little butt ever. I want to pinch and grab and hug it so damn hard.

^_______^
Agreed ... on all the points both subtle and ... yeah, Togame.
Old 2010-05-25, 03:36   Link #1209
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This is truly the best episode of the series. The bath scene alone is the proof how much progress both of these characters, the woman who supposedly closed her heart and the oaf, made. Togame is healing and Shichika is, slowly but surely, shedding the inhumane vibe he constantly projects.

Cheerio!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 04:16   Link #1210
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Cheerio vs Chesto? Someone explain that to me how is that a foreign vs local term in Edo Japan?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 04:20   Link #1211
Nosauz

Sword armor! I think i'm just grouchy from the 'fucking and punching' I recieved from Lost's finale, but that was just frustrating. Although I did want katanagari to be megaman esque in the action portions, overall the whole shes my woman statement from shichika was a bit to dead panned, but then again it completely fits the character, at this point I feel like it's a good procedural but the near every three week wait is offputting for such a "formulaic" show.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 05:52   Link #1212
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Cheerio vs Chesto? Someone explain that to me how is that a foreign vs local term in Edo Japan?
Chesuto is a real Kyuushuu battle scream used pretty much as depicted in the series.
Togame explained it back in episode 2, except she misheard it to be "cheerio" instead. Silly woman.
And cheerio is indeed a british greeting/farewell word, so there. Little cultural joke.

On an unrelated note, I messed up writing the very first ending song's name in to ANN database and also when uploading it to torrents, it should read "Tasogare no Gekka" not "Tasogare to Getsuka" but since no one really cares the incorrect title is now all over Youtube and other interwebs. Oh snap.

Quote:
This. So many times this.

Quote:
Sword armor!
This is relatively innocent because from now on, of all Shikizaki Kiki's katanas only one will be a sword per se. Which is shown in the very first episode anyway, but yeah.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2010-05-25 at 06:04.
Old 2010-05-25, 08:03   Link #1213
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
This is truly the best episode of the series.
Yeah i agree. Their development, along with interaction scenes and a fight scene that sure did deliver right until the end. Best episode so far.

I adored the scene where Togame found out about the meaning of cheerio. It's funny because i knew about it from the start, though i never questioned why she keeps saying it.

Cheerio!
Old 2010-05-25, 12:10   Link #1214
klare

congrats to the first sword owner that survived Shichika's killing, in the end we still not able to see his face...

anybody who can chop off his own hand and still smiling is very creepy

oh, no Nanami?
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 12:24   Link #1215
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
in the end we still not able to see his face...
Which i'm glad about. I mean his whole character was set inside that armor, so it's best keeping that way. Did like his little backstory with his past sister looking like Togame. Was a nice touch.
Old 2010-05-25, 12:32   Link #1216
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Which i'm glad about. I mean his whole character was set inside that armor, so it's best keeping that way. Did like his little backstory with his past sister looking like Togame. Was a nice touch.
After wanting Togame as his woman, he must have been a siscon.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 13:02   Link #1217
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
After wanting Togame as his woman, he must have been a siscon.
I found his backstory incredibly touching and was trying my best not to think like that.

Thank you very much for ruining that.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 13:45   Link #1218
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Nothing is sacred, eh?
Old 2010-05-25, 14:47   Link #1219
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Chesuto is a real Kyuushuu battle scream used pretty much as depicted in the series.
Any link with "chest", or is it just a coincidence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
This is truly the best episode of the series. The bath scene alone is the proof how much progress both of these characters, the woman who supposedly closed her heart and the oaf, made.
I'm not sure it's that significant. In ep2, she was letting him wrap himself in her hair and lick her all over.

What's more so, OTOH, was her encouragement. She really didn't want him to lose, despite pirate guy potentially being a better tool.

Quote:
Togame is healing and Shichika is, slowly but surely, shedding the inhumane vibe he constantly projects.
Yes. Which means that, in some ways, he's losing his edge.

He's learned jealousy, and got to elementary school kid level in "getting the attention of the girl he likes" (pulling her hair? Tripping her?) When will he learn lust? Seriously, in his place, after sharing a bath with Togame, I'd have a PhD in it...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 15:48   Link #1220
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I found his backstory incredibly touching and was trying my best not to think like that.

Thank you very much for ruining that.
Depending which way you look at it, it adds more spice to the story.

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy