Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-10-18, 17:38   Link #1041
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Three_Kings View Post
Can someone please explain the vivre card to me?

I know it points in the direction of someone, like with the one Ace gave Luffy. But how come the one Rayleigh gave the Straw Hats points to a bigger piece (like when Rayleigh gave it to Shakky)? Isn't it supposed to follow the person it was made from?
A vivrecard always moves in the direction of the person who's name is written on it.

It's also connected to that person's lifespan. If that person is dying, their respective vivrecard will slowly burn itself away.
Old 2010-10-18, 18:01   Link #1042
The_Three_Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
A vivrecard always moves in the direction of the person who's name is written on it.

It's also connected to that person's lifespan. If that person is dying, their respective vivrecard will slowly burn itself away.
No, I meant how come the pieces the Straw Hats have point to Shakky instead of Rayleigh?

When Rayleigh arrived at Amazon Lily, he said he gave his vivre card to Shakky or else he wouldn't be able to move. Also, Shakky just gave the Straw Hats (sans Luffy, Zoro, Sanji) Rayleigh's vivre card so Luffy could find them.
The_Three_Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 18:17   Link #1043
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I double-checked and it turns out my info was incorrect. My bad. xD;

A Vivre Card is a special kind of paper made in the New World from a person's fingernail. It's waterproof and fireproof but can be torn.

Rayleigh tore off pieces of his original Vivre Card and gave each Strawhat a piece so they could find their way back to Sabaody. The pieces torn off of the original vivre card will always move in the direction of the original card. (I'm assuming so they can re-join but no actual reason has been given.)

He gave the remainder of his Vivre Card to Shakky so it would always remain at Sabaody whilst he moved around the world. Thus the Strawhats could still find their way back regardless of whether or not Rayleigh was there.
Old 2010-10-18, 18:18   Link #1044
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Physically, they're modeled after the real Kuma. Obviously they're cyborgs just like he is.
Nope like I said, Kuma's body was turned into a cyborg..i.e. he didn't start off (when he was a pirate/revolutionary) as a half giant. His huge body was the result of experimentation by Vegapunk.
Old 2010-10-19, 00:17   Link #1045
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Nope like I said, Kuma's body was turned into a cyborg..i.e. he didn't start off (when he was a pirate/revolutionary) as a half giant. His huge body was the result of experimentation by Vegapunk.
Yes, of this I am aware. I'll put it another way: the Pacifista have their physical appearance (i.e., what they look like on the outside) modeled on that of Kuma, presumably because he is a giant of a man.
Old 2010-10-19, 10:29   Link #1046
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
If you go to Chapter 587, page 15, middle right panel, you'll see right there that Kuma was already his half giant size when he was a revolutionary.

Don't worry, I won't say you're spouting nonsense like you told someone else.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 16:46   Link #1047
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
If you go to Chapter 587, page 15, middle right panel, you'll see right there that Kuma was already his half giant size when he was a revolutionary.
OO NOO we see a silhoute of his body..you cannot form any conclusions based on a single pic.

Doesn't mean he has the exact same body as he does now.

Thanks for your contribution.
Old 2010-10-19, 17:25   Link #1048
james0246

This is not a discussion thread, please limit answers to actual facts and data relevant to the questions being asked. If you do not know the answer, or if the answer is currently unknown, then answer the question as such (i.e. "The answer is unknown, but Oda will probably get to it sometime in the future.” etc). I will start issuing warning/infractions and deleting posts if this continues.

In regards to the question at hand, we do not know when Kuma was formerly turned to a Pacifista, and we do not know exactly what he looked like (besides being extremely tall) in the past. Consequently, it is unknown exactly how or if he has changed when being turned and it is unknown if the future Pacifista were based off his design, or if Kuma was molded to fit the Pacifista design. So, there is no answer currently.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 17:31   Link #1049
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
OO NOO we see a silhoute of his body..you cannot form any conclusions based on a single pic.

Doesn't mean he has the exact same body as he does now.
A silhouette? Even though a cloak is veiling part of his body, Kuma's key features (ridiculous height, massive frame, and big jaw) are still there. I think it's safe to say that he looked relatively the same back then.
Old 2010-10-26, 18:40   Link #1050
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Yeah, Kuma was definitely a huge size before imo.

Question! Can anyone find a specific part in the anime where Ivan is cheering "Hee Haw!" and takes up the whole screen? Also where there is a full screen of him death winking?
Old 2010-10-27, 15:05   Link #1051
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

So I guess that Luffy will still recruit more people in the future. If I'm correct, he wanted to have 10 crew for his ship...

About that, can someone tell me what crew's job (dunno how to say it in english @_@ I mean like Sanji's profession as a chef, or Chopper as a doctor) left in Luffy's ship that they still don't have ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 21:17   Link #1052
The_Three_Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
So I guess that Luffy will still recruit more people in the future. If I'm correct, he wanted to have 10 crew for his ship...

About that, can someone tell me what crew's job (dunno how to say it in english @_@ I mean like Sanji's profession as a chef, or Chopper as a doctor) left in Luffy's ship that they still don't have ?
Well they already have the main positions filled (if you consider Zoro the first mate), but some possible positions include:

Helmsman - steers ship
Quartermaster - responsible for supplies and accommodations etc..
Treasurer - in charge of money (but I think Nami fills this role already)
Scout/Lookout -
The_Three_Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 22:32   Link #1053
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Captain= Luffy
First Mate=Zoro
Cook= Sanji
Navigator=Nami
Musician=Brook
Carpenter/Surgeon/Boatswain=Franky
Doctor=Chopper
Gunner/Lookout=Usopp
Robin=??? Hell, she can count as the rigger with all her hands...

The crew has no need for a Quartermaster because they are all equally represented already basically. Also, Franky is kind of the helmsman already.

In my opinion, the most logical next crew member would be a CABIN BOY.... maybe a Sea Artist, but I doubt it....

Just like Shanks was one on Roger's crew, I think that this is the most logical person to add. It's the only thing the crew's missing and it just fits imo. The Cabin boy can be a great fighter and everything and have some special ability, but a cabin boy nonetheless.
Old 2010-11-03, 09:13   Link #1054
Blaine

I've always thought Nami sort of fufilled the role of quartermaster, according to wiki its a job linked to navigation.
Old 2010-11-08, 10:06   Link #1055
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
Captain= Luffy
First Mate=Zoro
Cook= Sanji
Navigator=Nami
Musician=Brook
Carpenter/Surgeon/Boatswain=Franky
Doctor=Chopper
Gunner/Lookout=Usopp
Robin=??? Hell, she can count as the rigger with all her hands...

The crew has no need for a Quartermaster because they are all equally represented already basically. Also, Franky is kind of the helmsman already.

In my opinion, the most logical next crew member would be a CABIN BOY.... maybe a Sea Artist, but I doubt it....

Just like Shanks was one on Roger's crew, I think that this is the most logical person to add. It's the only thing the crew's missing and it just fits imo. The Cabin boy can be a great fighter and everything and have some special ability, but a cabin boy nonetheless.
wait, what was shank's job on roger's crew? he and buggy had the same job right?
Old 2010-11-08, 18:57   Link #1056
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
wait, what was shank's job on roger's crew? he and buggy had the same job right?
They were cabin boys.
Old 2010-11-12, 02:57   Link #1057
Nightmareluffy123
Why so serious

Quick question do you think that luffy has surpass ace ?? I know luffy know haki and has more physical strength maybe but if they both went all out who do you think would win ?
Nightmareluffy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 16:07   Link #1058
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Now that he has Haki, and since we've never known Ace to use it himself, Luffy would almost surely win.
Old 2010-11-13, 00:03   Link #1059
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Now that he has Haki, and since we've never known Ace to use it himself, Luffy would almost surely win.
There are two mentions of ace and haki:

1/ chapter 570 pg 2 ace says 'yoo too' after luffy uses haki and executioners pass out
2/ chapter 587 pg 8 against bluejam crew (coc)

neither indicate any abilities as adult ace though..
golgo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 02:26   Link #1060
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
There are two mentions of ace and haki:

1/ chapter 570 pg 2 ace says 'yoo too' after luffy uses haki and executioners pass out
2/ chapter 587 pg 8 against bluejam crew (coc)

neither indicate any abilities as adult ace though..
As I've said, we've never known him to use it. Like Luffy before the timeskip, he's ever only used it unconsciously.

Tags
q&a