AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-03, 14:58   Link #161
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Well, I for one love speculah!!!
Old 2012-04-03, 15:13   Link #162
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

it only gets weird is they decide to make a second film with the title:

Haruhi II: The Wrath of Kyon.

(KYYYOOOOOOOOON!!!)
Old 2012-04-04, 08:25   Link #163
PRNXSTUDIO
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
it only gets weird is they decide to make a second film with the title:

Haruhi II: The Wrath of Kyon.

(KYYYOOOOOOOOON!!!)
Would be Nice XD
Haruhi II : The Wrath of kyon

would deffenitly watch it LOL
Old 2012-04-04, 13:21   Link #164
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
There better be a season three. They better animate the whole series. (Hopes and dreams)

After that....

The Melancholy of Kyon, narrated by Suzumiya Haruhi.
Old 2012-04-04, 14:13   Link #165
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
There better be a season three. They better animate the whole series. (Hopes and dreams)

After that....

The Melancholy of Kyon, narrated by Suzumiya Haruhi.
Rumor has it is that season 3 or future Haruhi anime is KyoAni's "trump card", meaning if all else fails and they need to bring in that instant-cash, they will go with the Haruhi franchise.
Old 2012-04-04, 14:42   Link #166
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

I believe that. Hoping for all else to fail soon then.
Old 2012-04-04, 15:14   Link #167
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
I believe that. Hoping for all else to fail soon then.
unlikely with KyoAni's pedigree lol THere still needs to be confirmation if KyoAni is doing Little Busters..
Old 2012-04-04, 17:29   Link #168
Goggen

Quote:
I believe that.
I really don't think you should.
Old 2012-04-05, 19:57   Link #169
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

I dunno. Maybe they'll want to put another big gap between now and another season to build hype when it's announced.
Old 2012-04-05, 21:08   Link #170
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
The production for an anime series takes a while from decision to completion. From what I've heard (cannot confirm), the production for Nichijou began in 2009. Any airing series has had a lot of decisions made prior to the public announcement, so saying "it's a trump card" isn't true as the production would be at least a year away from that decision. Of course, if sales for Hyouka are not as good as expected, and they announce a new season of Haruhi, that won't stop fans from saying "they had to go back to their cash cow" even though they would not have known the outcome of Hyouka at minimum prior to that decision being made.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-04-05, 23:51   Link #171
ijuinkun

On the other hand, even if they are in pre-production on more Haruhi material, they may not want to announce it too far in advance for fear of fan backlash like what happened when it took almost two years from the announcement of "second season" and the release of the new episodes.
Old 2012-04-06, 17:07   Link #172
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

I'm pretty sure LittleBusters is being made by KyoAni, which could be another reason why they aren't doing anything Haruhi related right now.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-r...017/PCIeU.jpeg
Old 2012-04-08, 10:31   Link #173
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Quote:
2013 will mark the 10 year anniversary of the light novels. It'll also be 3 years since the movie ran in theatres. Perhaps Kadokawa has planned to run another anime series to celebrate the anniversary of the novels?
Koizumi: It was THREE YEARS ago...
Kyon: Screw three years ago! I'm sick of it!

Darn right.
Old 2012-04-09, 11:23   Link #174
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post
I'm pretty sure LittleBusters is being made by KyoAni, which could be another reason why they aren't doing anything Haruhi related right now.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-r...017/PCIeU.jpeg
I searched around and I think that image is over a year old. I've been hearing that J.C. Staff is animating LB, based on this image.
Spoiler for Image:

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2012-04-09, 11:35   Link #175
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
I searched around and I think that image is over a year old. I've been hearing that J.C. Staff is animating LB, based on this image.
Spoiler for Image:
Yup. J.C. Staff has Little Busters!, so that should have no bearing on future Haruhi plans. Heck, as far as the fandoms are concerned, it frees up backlog for KyoAni.
Old 2012-04-15, 11:39   Link #176
novalysis

Unless they go back to K-on. But there's not enough material yet for S3 for that other cash-cow rival, so I dare say Haruhi Suzumiya from Snowy Mountain to possibly the beginning of Sasaki's arc might be animated first. Now, if they gave this three cours (unlikely), then we might even see everything up to volume 11 animated.

I don't think so though. The Sasaki arc might be another movie altogether. Or it might be truncated. The anime closes with Volume 9 (and a cliff-hanger), and Volume 10 and 11 forms one movie.
Old 2012-04-15, 12:15   Link #177
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Unless they go back to K-on. But there's not enough material yet for S3 for that other cash-cow rival, so I dare say Haruhi Suzumiya from Snowy Mountain to possibly the beginning of Sasaki's arc might be animated first. Now, if they gave this three cours (unlikely), then we might even see everything up to volume 11 animated.

I don't think so though. The Sasaki arc might be another movie altogether. Or it might be truncated. The anime closes with Volume 9 (and a cliff-hanger), and Volume 10 and 11 forms one movie.
KyoAni usually works in collaboration with two production companies: one run by Kadokawa Shoten and another in combination with TBS/Pony Canyon. Haruhi is a product of the first group while K-On! is a product of the latter group, so more K-On! does not mean that there wouldn't be more Haruhi.

Given that novels 9-11 form one story, it does not make sense for it to be split into two parts, one on TV and one in a movie. That rarely happens and would make the fanbase upset. It's also too long to fit in one movie (unless you'd like a 6-8 hour movie) due to the subject material and how KyoAni usually adapts source material. That would work best in a one-cour format allowing just under 5 episodes per novel, which tends to be their average when it comes to this franchise.

As for the other stories, it's truly anyone's guess if/when more is announced.

Old 2012-05-18, 10:12   Link #178
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/....php?t=1049843

Is this something to be worried about, for future Haruhi animations? Hopefully she gets better, when KyoAni finally decides to get on that Haruhi.
Old 2012-05-18, 10:28   Link #179
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/....php?t=1049843

Is this something to be worried about, for future Haruhi animations? Hopefully she gets better, when KyoAni finally decides to get on that Haruhi.
I doubt it'll be a factor. Sometimes seiyuu need a break after working so much. Given the two projects KyoAni will likely focus on this year, I doubt she would've been called upon to voice Mikuru anytime soon.

Old 2012-05-18, 13:55   Link #180
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
I doubt it'll be a factor. Sometimes seiyuu need a break after working so much. Given the two projects KyoAni will likely focus on this year, I doubt she would've been called upon to voice Mikuru anytime soon.
But what if Haruhi is their Spring 2013 project!? Hyouka's going to go continue for Summer 2012, and then Fall 2012 is Chuuni-Byou, but anything after that is just speculation, right?