AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-05-14, 12:07   Link #5761
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Are the Falklands a good place to live in for someone who wants to get away from urban life?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 11:58   Link #5762
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

How important does a person have to be in order for their death to be considered an assassination rather than just a murder?
Old 2012-05-15, 12:01   Link #5763
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
How important does a person have to be in order for their death to be considered an assassination rather than just a murder?
Corrupted politicians

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 16:30   Link #5764
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Corrupted politicians
You're being repetitive.

Endless "Poly+Ticks" Soul
Old 2012-05-15, 17:02   Link #5765
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
I think the difference is by the method of crime rather than the target, since assassination is generally done in such a way to leave as little evidence as possible.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 17:10   Link #5766
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
You're being repetitive.

Endless "Poly+Ticks" Soul
Hahaha, nice one.

Old 2012-05-15, 17:23   Link #5767
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I think the difference is by the method of crime rather than the target, since assassination is generally done in such a way to leave as little evidence as possible.
Actually, while that method is the dominant descriptor in an assassination, it's only used when a high profile figure ends up becoming the victim. Assassinations are silent kills that are completely unexpected and often revolves around political reasonings, both by hire or for personal reasons.

In a way, the crime comes pretty close to a first-degree murder as those can be silently carried out as well, but murder seems to be the civilian level terminology for it- something the judicial system uses. It's why people like John F. Kennedy was "assassinated" while a civilian being strangled in their sleep by another would be called "first-degree murder" or "premeditated murder". I guess the word "assassination" carries more weight overall since it affects a large amount of the populous once they are gone, like with Julius Caesar and John Lennon.

In order of importance, I don't think that's something us "civilians" can decipher. Those higher up split us apart and basically decide when someone's important enough, since it's all media garbage. Apparently us dying wouldn't be as important.
Old 2012-05-16, 15:24   Link #5768
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

In Win7 you can tack some programs to the bottom left of the taskbar for easy access.

For some of these, if clicked they start the program 'on itself', gaining a light background to show the program is active now, but not taking up any more space (this is good).

Others branch out another icon on the taskbar and have that represent the active program, while the original icon that was clicked is still there too, but inactive (this is bad).

Anyone knows, what's causing this different behavior?
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 17:12   Link #5769
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
In Win7 you can tack some programs to the bottom left of the taskbar for easy access.

For some of these, if clicked they start the program 'on itself', gaining a light background to show the program is active now, but not taking up any more space (this is good).

Others branch out another icon on the taskbar and have that represent the active program, while the original icon that was clicked is still there too, but inactive (this is bad).

Anyone knows, what's causing this different behavior?
Which of your programs are doing this? I do recall that iTunes does this, and I simply unpin the original and pin the "spawned" icon into the taskbar, which seems to solve that problem...
Old 2012-05-16, 17:18   Link #5770
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Mozilla Thunderbird.

But you are right, that fixed it.

Thanks.
Old 2012-05-16, 23:48   Link #5771
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Does tranquilizers works on zombies to immobilize them?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 23:56   Link #5772
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
I would assume it depends on how the tranquilizer functions and what a zombie is defined to be. Are we talking minor tranquilizer or major tranquilizer? While I doubt immobilization is possible (too lazy to really read on how an antipsychotic tranq works), I figure that since zombies don't typically need sleep, a tranq would be ineffective, or at best slow them down.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 01:13   Link #5773
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Does tranquilizers works on zombies to immobilize them?
I must, once again, remind everybody about the rules of this thread:

Quote:
Rules for this thread:

Only purposeful questions may be posted here. If anyone posts a pointless silly question I will banish your post to the dark side.
While the questions may be silly, only serious answers are allowed. It is embarrassing enough for people to ask these silly things without having to deal with mockery.
No long discussion shall be tolerated here. This is a place for people to find answers.
Please avoid asking for the heck of asking.
Old 2012-05-17, 23:06   Link #5774
Seitsuki
Onee!

Is there any place we are able to ask relatively pointless silly questions? *just thought of one..*
Old 2012-05-18, 00:06   Link #5775
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Is there any place we are able to ask relatively pointless silly questions? *just thought of one..*
Not that I am aware of, and unlike other forums, we do not have a spam section either.

The purpose of this thread is to give people a place to ask things that would not be enough to warrant an entire thread dedicated to it; This however, doesn't mean that people can come and ask things just for the lulz of it.
Old 2012-05-18, 03:18   Link #5776
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
A social group maybe?, or one someone's wall, but I don't think you can towards the whole forum.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 18:12   Link #5777
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm at my wits' end. My cat has been urinating everywhere as a way of marking his territory and I am going crazy cleaning up after him. He's around 6 months old, and I'm thinking of taking him to the vet to cut his balls off so that his sexual desire(he has been mounting a Japanese doll in the living room every morning) could be suppressed but I will have to wait until next month. In the mean time, could anyone suggest anything to me that might help to prevent him from urinating everywhere? I googled but so far, the methods that I have tried did not produce a positive result.

Old 2012-05-23, 18:19   Link #5778
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

I am no animal trainer, but I once heard that if right after your pets stains the floor you put its nose so he can smell it for several minutes while you lecture it pointing to where he should be doing it, sooner or later he will get it.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 18:27   Link #5779
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
I am no animal trainer, but I once heard that if right after your pets stains the floor you put its nose so he can smell it for several minutes while you lecture it pointing to where he should be doing it, sooner or later he will get it.
No, do not do this.
It will not work and may only make the cat agressive, or reclusive. The cat does not know it did something wrong, so punishing it will not make it regret it's 'sins'. Cats aren't that smart. It will not be able to understand the connection.
If you can catch it in the act however, it might be a good idea to chase it away. Maybe use a water pistol, if your cat hates water. That way it does not directly connect the bad experience to you.

When our two male cats did this, my father used some strong smelling chemicals, to nullify the markings. The cats never used the spots again after that (otherwise they will mark it again and again, to keep it fresh).
I think he used dissolved ammoniac (he's a chemist, so maybe he used some more advanced stuff too, I'm not sure ).
Old 2012-05-23, 18:28   Link #5780
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Have you tried NOT having a cat?

Endless "I'm here to help" Soul

Tags
problem, q&a, serious