AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 1 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 12.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 12.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-09-01, 19:02   Link #41
AC-Phoenix
Detective

completely unrelated to anything before - Could it be that Junko's 'Teacher' pose is supposed to be a jab at Chisa?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-09-01, 22:50   Link #42
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Juzu probably got beaten by Kamukura in the past.
Old 2016-09-03, 13:08   Link #43
Golden_Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
completely unrelated to anything before - Could it be that Junko's 'Teacher' pose is supposed to be a jab at Chisa?
Some people speculate it's more than a jab. Eg: DR1 Junko that died was Chisa posing as her.
I'm not a fan of that idea though.

Anyway:
Anybody think that this entire "game" got hijacked?

Evidence implies Munakata is the mastermind or creator, but is not involved with the attacker.
Old 2016-09-03, 13:28   Link #44
Homura7

On that note, I suggest you watch the opening again. There's one scene in particular that shows... something really interesting.
Old 2016-09-03, 13:49   Link #45
Golden_Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
On that note, I suggest you watch the opening again. There's one scene in particular that shows... something really interesting.

There are a great interesting things about the OP.

You mean the building reflecting in the water? I know that much.

You mean the knife Junko is reflected in being used on Kirigiri in Naegi's dream or that some suspect the reflection could also be Asahina or Chisa?

That the OP begins with focusing on the bracelets of everyone, including Hagakure's wristband?
Old 2016-09-03, 13:54   Link #46
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Witch View Post
Some people speculate it's more than a jab. Eg: DR1 Junko that died was Chisa posing as her.
I'm not a fan of that idea though.

Anyway:
Anybody think that this entire "game" got hijacked?

Evidence implies Munakata is the mastermind or creator, but is not involved with the attacker.
My personal theory is that Junko never died i DR1 and supplmented Mukuru's corpse. - As there shouldn't be anything left you can cut off a hand from after how she died. However we know some parts of her corpse where taken which makes me wonder if she didn't escape like Kyouko and NAegi did.

Quote:
Yeah you need to be more specific on that one it shows a lot off things.
For example that side shot of Chisa with a pretty stoic pose that made me think she is Junko for a few seconds the first time I saw it

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-09-03, 14:05   Link #47
Golden_Witch

I don't see it. Sorry.
Old 2016-09-03, 14:27   Link #48
Homura7

First and foremost, a personal opinion of mine.

Junko is dead, in both body and mind, or AI. She only executed herself in DR because she had a backup plan. But after losing for the second time, she just had enough. Junko herself even stated going through the same thing again would be far too boring and contradictory for her, and thus she gave up on everything and accepted her defeat.

Quote:
There are a great interesting things about the OP.

You mean the building reflecting in the water? I know that much.
That one, too. Could be a hint that may explain why despite the building collapsed they are still just fine.

Quote:
That the OP begins with focusing on the bracelets of everyone, including Hagakure's wristband?
I think this last one is a hint Hagakure was supposed to participate in the game, but due to circumstances he avoided taking part in it.

Putting that aside, I'm going to focus on the one that interests me most

Quote:
You mean the knife Junko is reflected in being used on Kirigiri in Naegi's dream or that some suspect the reflection could also be Asahina or Chisa?
Is pretty clear to me at least who's the one that is being reflected on the knife. The details are barely noticeable with the video running, but if you stop it there and analyze thoroughly...
Old 2016-09-04, 01:45   Link #49
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It can still be Junko AI. There were two of them in Ulta Despair Grills.
Old 2016-09-04, 06:58   Link #50
Golden_Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
It can still be Junko AI. There were two of them in Ulta Despair Grills.
An AI can't transport bodies outside virtual reality.

If anything it most likely is:

Munakata created this scenario and lost control.
It's his tower, he controls and constructed it. - Tengan.
Kirigiri found out the door that Izayoi hit with his Kunai was undamaged. Which means they are no longer where they used to be.
Going by the OP, there most likely is another complex underwater (evidence to this is Seiko's corpse) that is the same as overground.

Munakata is the only one who can pull this off. I was thinking Tengan, but I don't think it was him but that he found out Munakata's intention and his cut off words being about that Munakata lost control and that someone hijacked his plan.

Anyway, FF members were knocked out in EP1 and transported underground. An AI can't do that.
If it's Munakata, Chisa and Juzo who set this up, and afterwards it got taken over, it makes a lot more sense.

Also, you should have realized by now that Monokuma has never appeared physically in this game.
That should also indicate that someone is merely using Junko Enoshima for this game.
Otherwise, we'd already have Monokuma trolling everyone with his presence, but he's not even dicking around like in DR1 or 2.

I'm willing to believe that Junko is the farscope villain of sorts, but that DR3's game is not her doing.
Analyzed or thought far ahead, as in, like a chess player she included this in her plans, but the one who actually set this up is Munakata and that someone allied with Junko took over.

The 13th Division Head could be a good guess. We never saw them nor do we have any information on them. All we know is that Asahina is part of that division.
And another idea is that we have 1 person too many.
Monokuma had 15 sprites when he explained the rules. When Chisa died, it got reduced to 14, yet the survivor count said 15. Oh, and I note the count did went down after Chisa died.
Basically:
EP 1 - 16 survivors Chisa died
EP 2 - 15 survivors, 15 sprites, Chisa died, 14 sprites.

There's a person too many and it could be the mastermind or the attacker.
Either way, the number of participants doesn't match with the survivor count.

It's like Umineko all over again.
Old 2016-09-04, 07:29   Link #51
Homura7

When Monokuma showed up on screen the first time, he told Makoto :

"This battle... is the conclusion to your story and mine"

Two stories are being told in DR3. One is Side: Future; the other is Side: Despair.

Munakata made it clear the culprit needs Makoto alive, which has led me to suspect if his bracelet contains any poison at all.

GW is right. Whoever the culprit is, is not Junko. The game rules are nothing like in the previous, there's only one culprit and there are no trials as well. The hallmarks of Junko's Mutual School Killing games are nowhere to be found in the Final Killing game.
Old 2016-09-04, 08:43   Link #52
Golden_Witch

Quote:
When Monokuma showed up on screen the first time, he told Makoto :

"This battle... is the conclusion to your story and mine"

Two stories are being told in DR3. One is Side: Future; the other is Side: Despair.

Munakata made it clear the culprit needs Makoto alive, which has led me to suspect if his bracelet contains any poison at all.

GW is right. Whoever the culprit is, is not Junko. The game rules are nothing like in the previous, there's only one culprit and there are no trials as well. The hallmarks of Junko's Mutual School Killing games are nowhere to be found in the Final Killing game.
This is most likely farfetched, but.....

I think Junko's games took a sudden turn at some point.

Look at the Student Council and compare it to everything that followed.
Student Council was mindless slaughter compared to others.

DR1 and 2 had school life with rules, motives and secrets. There were also trials, so that people could survive so Junko can get off on despair. She even proposed they could all live there forever.

DR3 is even more different.
Bracelets are hindering and limiting actions, Ruruka is used as pseudo-traitor, then we got phases and an attacker along with that the FF members being sent to die. Junko always gave a chance for participants to advance cause she got off on the despair it even brings to herself. This "Game" is simply to ensure the FF is destroyed and it's members hunt each other down.
Junko setup games, "Future" is an all out survival of the fittest, a war. The Mastermind made sure with several devices that cooperation is impossible and that the death count goes up with bracelets and the attacker.

This is where the farfetched part comes in.
Student Council wasn't as much of a game as it was slaughter.

Only after class 77 despaired, and after class 78 entered did Junko turn it into actual games.
And FF3 is not like Junko with how it's set-up.

We always wondered what happened to her, but what if:

Spoiler for Theory:

Last edited by Golden_Witch; 2016-09-04 at 09:03.
Old 2016-09-04, 09:03   Link #53
Homura7

There may be two. A mastermind managin the game, and the killer.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2016-09-04, 10:58   Link #54
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
An AI can't transport bodies outside virtual reality.
Does an AI need to? If your answer is something along the lines of "well someone had to move all these people to the mock version of the building" and stuff like that? Well, then I ask you why it has to be one lone mastermind who does all the legwork? Not only is there followers, there's monokumas as well.

Fact of the matter is, there were at least two Enoshima AIs, and only one of them was defeated.

Also, if it is the conclusion to "Naegi's story and theirs", isn't that more reason to believe it's Enoshima AI? I mean, what other character has such a connection with Naegi, as well as a long story arc involving themselves?

I also don't see how the game rules being different suddenly makes it impossible to be Enoshima.
Old 2016-10-25, 22:33   Link #55
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I would've preferred more onscreen been invested on Kizakura and his past. Even though the Despair chapters shed quite the juicy details on Kizakura as a teacher at Hope's Peak before the atrocious tragedy, the Future chapter actually delved more intricate details about the tribulations he'd endure during the past at the time he fought in the war against despair.

It's just that his climax along with his death flag came and went rushing without a full closure, that I couldn't believe it that at the time this episode was closing in on finish he was almost out of the picture if wasn't for Kirigiri recalling his last words with an air of cold melancholy.

As for Ruruka, without Seiko she's now an extra to me and no longer a character that can contribute with adding any gravitas or substance to further the plot, so it's time she's to deserve her just desserts.
Old 2019-03-05, 12:39   Link #56
FFTHEWINNER

Finished the eighth future arc episode.

-i am curious about what the significance of the pre-opening scene was. the woman was named kyoko. maybe she was the current kyoko's mother? i seem to recall something i heard way back about her mother possibly having died in the war on despair.

-so they still count the robot even after Monaca left,because it seems to have entered into a sort of "Auto Mode". intriguing. i doubt it would be able to beat Monakata though.

-as expected,the scout died defending Kirigiri. poor guy. felt bad for him :'(. also,the note that he was the one that took the picture we saw in DR1 and here is a pretty nice touch that shows how close he was with them.

-so at first i wasnt sure how to feel about the "candy development", until the boxer woke up from it,which removed the only reason for it existing. it is a really stupid development too,having mind control candy. and it opens up a lot of holes,such as why she didnt simply include that in her cake and make the judges give her high scores. and the fact that it was ultimately useless makes the inclusion even more needless.

-also,the guy was literally her lover since childhood. she literally could have told him about her forbidden action and he would have ceased all attempts to escape. there was literally 0 reason for her to kill him.

-so Kirigiri licked a corpse's saliva. yuck >_>.

-and the last scene shows us despair zombie guards and the entire building falling? damn lol. guess we will see what that means.

This episode legit felt like a whole load of nothing. like,i literally was like "that is it??!!" when it finished. it was overall below mediocre,with only one nice moment in the whole thing. not nearly as bad as the episode before it, but i doubt any episode will be as bad as that one.
Closed Thread