AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-02-23, 19:54   Link #1261
Korol

oh boy and the Bolar Wars Remake will be more fascinating.
Korol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-24, 01:09   Link #1262
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Depending what state they leave the galaxy/universe in after Yamato 2202, we will see what options they have left open for a potential Bolar Wars remake series. If it takes place right after the events of Yamato 2202 than it could be Yamato 2203, but more likely their would be another minor time jump for people and civilizations to get rebuilt...so 2205 maybe (like the original version was suppose to be before Final Yamato forced it back into 2203).

Mind you the majority of the action in the Bolar Wars lies in the opposite direction than most of what Yamato has been dealing with up to now. Most things so far have been rimward or outside the galaxy. The Bolar and all the other stuff of that series in Coreward, into the galaxy.
Old 2018-02-27, 00:29   Link #1263
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Finally got the watch all of Chapter 4 of Yamato 2202. Good set of episodes.

But the ending theme...

Well, I don't know what it saying, or what it about but I can image something.

Spoiler for Who's the coolest space guy this side of the Galactic Core?:
Old 2018-02-27, 08:35   Link #1264
Korol

I.ve Realized that the Automated Space fleet developed by the EDF got Curb-Stomp by the Dark Nebulans on Space Battleship Yamato: Be Forever Yamato when the Dark Nebula Forces are been a Hell-Bent on Taking over the Earth while the Yamato had been hiding on the Icarus Asteroid Base been well hidden. in secret and refitting. in that Remake will been awesome that the Automated Space Fleet of the UNCF had fought bravely but in vain.
Old 2018-02-28, 04:20   Link #1265
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

For those interesting in the smaller model kits, the 2202 version of Yamato was just released. IN March in the 1/1000 scale Apollo Norm model kit. IN April releases two kits of the Calamclum Comet Empire battleship (a single green one, and than a set of two, one white "flagship" and a green one) these two kits are idea for fleet building with enemy battleships. In May comes the smaller kit for the Apollo Norm. And in June comes the small Cosmo Falcon recolor for the Apollo Norm's fighter wing.

I have already ordered several of these, except for the 1/1000 scale battlecarrier. I'm not sure if I have a place for it anywhere yet.
Old 2018-03-02, 12:37   Link #1266
skaianDestiny

Some stuff I was able to find off the Internet

Spoiler:

Last edited by skaianDestiny; 2018-03-02 at 13:27.
skaianDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-02, 19:24   Link #1267
Korol

If Possible the Galmans had an active role on the Dark Nebula Series Remake when Dessler and Kodai had team up to stop the Dark Nebulan Forces from Attacking Gamilon and Iscandar. until Dessler had sent his expeditionary fleet to find planet galman and retake it from the Bolars yet about the Aquarians might be from Planet Aquarius like flooding planets and restoring dead world to life. in Final Yamato.
Old 2018-03-04, 18:43   Link #1268
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Depends on how they do Dessler's arc.
Old 2018-03-06, 13:49   Link #1269
skaianDestiny

Someone made a video of Arizona's final stand!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-03-06, 19:35   Link #1270
Korol

So this is how the Space Battleship Arizona been crashed on a planet in the Bolar Wars yet what Happen to Bismarck Prince of Wales and Novik they.ve been suffered them same fate as the Arizona or possibly got survived since they didnt seen them in action what are their weapons been used.
Old 2018-03-07, 10:49   Link #1271
bensellers

So the 2202 site has updated with a trailer for chapter 5. It looks like we’ll be getting Kiman’s origin story.
bensellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 16:03   Link #1272
skaianDestiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensellers View Post
So the 2202 site has updated with a trailer for chapter 5. It looks like we’ll be getting Kiman’s origin story.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-03-07, 19:59   Link #1273
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Dessler with his hair like that reminds me of some of the main characters o "Legend off the Galactic Heroes". I half expect there to be similar looking red haired leader to fit the theme.

Also, more Yamato vs Gamilas combat. See how one of those battlecarries does without being blasted by a drill missile. Also Dessler's ship looks huge next to Yamato.

While that is exciting, I really want to see the Earth fleet soon.
Old 2018-03-08, 05:23   Link #1274
Korol

The Earth Fleet in Battle of Saturn on the Remake hope this time they can aim properly than the original series when got ass handed unless it.s Captain Slate of the Hyperion Fleet/ Fleet 1 in Starblazers been first to get whooped. and in the Video Trailer could it be Desslok turned into a good guy and a red battlecarrier is back too. without that pesky heavy bomber and a drill missile.
Old 2018-03-08, 06:25   Link #1275
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well so far in both Yamato 2199 and Yamato 2202, fleet combat has shown both sides of a fight to continue to engage their targets (with the exception of the Cometine fleet ignoring Kodai's ship at the start of Yamato 2202...they were busy engaging the fleets, not the lone ship that was blowing them all up).

Battle of Pluto: Earth fleet continues to fire on the Gamilas fleet until they are all but lost. Even if they don't take any down with them, they kept fighting (an improvement over the original when they fired a single shot from the battleship and then died over and over again with only a destroyer firing back after the first shot).

Ark of the Stars: Gamilas and Coemtine fleets trade shots the entire fight, with Yamato providing support for Gamilas in the end fight. The early fight has the Gamilas fleet firing into the distance with probably no hope of hitting a target.

Operation at the Eight Floating Continent: Gamilas-Earth Allies engage and destroy a number of Cometine ships while also losing a bunch of their own ship to enemy fire. While the impacts were not as satisfying as the Yamato 2199 impacts, they mutual destruction and continued combat is miles better than most of the original series fleet battles.

Original Battle of Saturn (film) Cometine fleet attacks the Earth fleet with fighers and submarines. Earth fleet uses defense to remove threats while losing ships along the way. Cometine fleet moves to attack position, but Andromeda fires its wave motion gun ending the fleet battle.

Original Battle of Saturn (series) Fleets never fire at each other at the same time. It is always one side or the other doing all the shooting. Never at the same time. Earth fleet jumps the Coemtines from the flank, fires a salvo, misses, the Cometines return fire and start blowing up ships...the Earth fleet never fires back.
Main Fleets engage in special weapons ranges....Magnaflame Gun fires first and repeatedly. Hijikata calls for a withdrawl to Saturn's rings. Yamato's fighters attack briefly. Enemy fleet causes their own force to become in disarray. Earth fleet uses opportunity to turn the tide and fires shock cannons into the enemy fleet, destroying it. The Cometines do not fire back at until there is only one ship left doing a last stand against Andromeda and the rest of the surviving Earth battleships and cruisers. Fleet battles ends.

This is what I hope Yamato 2202 will improve on....mutual fleet exchanges and both sides taking loses at roughly the same time due to these exchanges.....though the Earth does have an advantage in their shields and the wave motion gun has proven to be a more powerful weapon than anything we've seen from the Comet Empire's ships. Plus Earth's shock cannons tend to be overkill anyway. The Comet Empire fleet will have number though, and I still don't know what the new Twin Deck Carrier will bring to the battle. The image we have to me suggests someone installed wave motion guns on her.
Old 2018-03-08, 08:55   Link #1276
Korol

in the original season 2 The Infamous scene the bombard the Tar out on the Moon like the Gatlantis starting to fired up their lasers and causing the moon base to turned the moon into a flaming ball of fire. while the earthlings got demoralized. while zordar laughs around to show the puny earthlings like this is my sample of power and i wont destroy your planet because it was important if that scene been on the remake all humans and gamilons on respective lunar cities and the gamilon embassy had to get out before the Gatlantis will start to turned the moon into a flaming ball of fire and this time earthlings and gamilons got demoralized.
Old 2018-03-08, 21:31   Link #1277
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Yamato2202 website updated to reflect the new tease. It appears they will be showing Chapter Five in 35 theaters this time around. Releases on May 27th.

Blu-ray will be out June 22nd.
Old 2018-03-09, 08:51   Link #1278
macdawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Dessler with his hair like that reminds me of some of the main characters o "Legend off the Galactic Heroes". I half expect there to be similar looking red haired leader to fit the theme..
That's not Dessler.

Who is he then? Current theory... That's Erik Van Dessler, Aberdt Dessler's uncle, who unified the houses of Garmillas into the Grand Duchy of Garmillas. We know Dessler took over his uncle's throne... but maybe he actually took the throne from him. And Kiman is the actual heir, hence Dessler's cousin. Family drama ensues. Do note, this is just a theory based on this teaser and Dessler's family info released back when Chapter 3 of 2199 came out.
Old 2018-03-09, 20:34   Link #1279
skaianDestiny

Kobayashi be posting things.

https://twitter.com/makomako713/stat...31739759357953

Of note is "Neu Balgrey" as the name of one of the Andromeda carriers with a Gamilas insignia. Also I guess the Shinano was real.

Oh yeah, and EDF frigate! 145-146 meters long by my calculations. Also if the Kisaragi in the pic is in scale with the others it's 150-151 meters long, which contradicts Kobayashi's tweet to me that it was 220 meters.

Mostly eh about these stuff TBH.

EDIT: Oh yeah the Dreadnoughts are out of scale with the Andromedas. Kongou too, though BBY-03 is in scale.

2199's attention to mechanical detail is the biggest thing I miss from 2202. It's all just bleh to me right now even though I should be hype for new stuff. While I hesitate to call Kobayashi bad I dislike heavily the direction he's been going with in 2202.

Last edited by skaianDestiny; 2018-03-09 at 21:57.
Old 2018-03-09, 21:57   Link #1280
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That is all kinds of all over the place. But awesome for scaling and painting ideas.