AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-05-04, 03:48   Link #261
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

The first pic is a big Awwww!! for me, mostly because is about one of my favorite Lucky girls doing a parody of my favorite Darkstalker girl, Hsien-Ko.

And yes, I hope they are not repost.
Old 2007-05-04, 04:01   Link #262
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
She really brings nothing to her characters that any other actors couldn't and in some cases I've felt she's actually hurt her characters by sounding like she's reading straight from the script without getting into character. If you watch a trailer for something called Dragonaut The Resonance you can see just how uninterested the character seems in the scene (as played by Chihara Minori), where she introduces herself and you know its not meant to be that way.

As a result I'm worried this Minami character is going to stand out like a sore thumb and hurt the quality of the series by failing to carry the jokes. If there's one huge mistake I think Kyoto Animation has made in the recasting its Chihara Minori's casting. All the others are working out quite well, but I have serious serious doubts about her.
Ah! My mistake, I thought you didn't care for the *character* .... but its the VA you're concerned about.
I will say that if the character is "Sakaki"/AzuDa or "Mai'/Kanon-ish in nature .... I've always felt Asakawa Yuu rules in the "minimalist" arena. She can communicate more with a grunt than many people can handle with a page of dialog.

(before the flames commence, I'm sure there are other actresses that can do an excellent job, I'm just partial to Yuu-chan).
Old 2007-05-04, 04:51   Link #263
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I am one who is willing to let the newer seiyuus bloom and improve, otherwise the industry would be stagnating.
Minori Chihara have shown she have a wider voice range than her voicerole as Yuki would make believe.

Wouldn't be sad if we were always stuck with the veterans because a vocal group of fans didn't approve the newer seiyuus and were not willing to give them a chance?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 08:42   Link #264
chrono12
PPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by solwyvern View Post
Hi-res scans:

After seeing the latest issue of MediaMix magzine, i finally realize the significance of their poses Kona trying to be Saber while Kagami is Rider

+ 1 pic:

1920x1200, 1.3 MB
chrono12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 09:13   Link #265
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Slow nono si slow...

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 10:36   Link #266
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
She really brings nothing to her characters that any other actors couldn't and in some cases I've felt she's actually hurt her characters by sounding like she's reading straight from the script without getting into character. If you watch a trailer for something called Dragonaut The Resonance you can see just how uninterested the character seems in the scene (as played by Chihara Minori), where she introduces herself and you know its not meant to be that way.

As a result I'm worried this Minami character is going to stand out like a sore thumb and hurt the quality of the series by failing to carry the jokes. If there's one huge mistake I think Kyoto Animation has made in the recasting its Chihara Minori's casting. All the others are working out quite well, but I have serious serious doubts about her.
Ahh...now I see your point. I hope Kyoto animation does a re-cast if ever it's possible before she becomes poorly dubbed...but hey who knows Chihara Minori might do a better job now...I hope, but in your words it seems it might not happen waaaah!!!
Old 2007-05-04, 10:46   Link #267
Skane
Anime Snark

Wait -> Watch -> Judge

Not "Judge -> Judge -> No-Watch".

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-04, 10:56   Link #268
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

<shrug> I thought Chihara Minori did an excellent job as Yuki Nagato (particularly SHnY:ep 5 where she conveyed the alien nature of Nagato quite nicely and then in the later episode where she protected Kyon and the developing nuance of emotion it engendered). Can't speak for her other roles...

I really can't even speculate about the Minami character because I'm still trying to decide whether she's closer to a "Sakaki" type of character or a "Yuki" type of character (going to focus on her appearances in the comic this weekend). Since she's a 'tier 3' kind of character, I don't see it really affecting the series much. I'm really kind of jumping around in reading the manga, just picking strips that look interesting or might convey personality.
Old 2007-05-04, 11:06   Link #269
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Wait -> Watch -> Judge

Cheers.
Yeah your probably right...Iam now hoping that she does a better job.
But in all fairness I liked Yuki Nagato.

To keep on topic here's Minami

Who ever did this it's really ecchi
Spoiler for OMGF:

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2007-05-04 at 11:07. Reason: resized the image
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 11:17   Link #270
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Wait -> Watch -> Judge

Cheers.

Quoted for Truth.

It is unfair to deem someone as thrash even before seeing her work.
Old 2007-05-04, 13:00   Link #271
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

These are all animated:

Spoiler for pantsu advisory:
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 13:26   Link #272
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:

OMG! This is the cutest parody of a doujin cover ever!
Old 2007-05-04, 14:17   Link #273
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave View Post

Dan>> Oooo Nice pics there Dan!
are u going to color them? that would make it look more cool too.
I need to complete the Konata trace first, so lets see how things move on from there.

This one would have been much cooler with Tsuruya and Ryoko, but oh well, here it's regardless.
Old 2007-05-04, 14:34   Link #274
Fixen
ZnT Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
OMG! This is the cutest parody of a doujin cover ever!
That reminds me...I haven't seen a nyoro~n parody yet.

Fixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 15:51   Link #275
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I find it rather funny-amusing that the larger share of pics than I expected seemed to be focused on Kagami (who really isn't supposed to be the 'sexy' or 'moe' one relative to her sister, Miyuki, or Konata). Maybe the fresh-face girl-next-door cute-when-she-blushes look is getting an uptic here
Old 2007-05-04, 18:34   Link #276
Fixen
ZnT Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I find it rather funny-amusing that the larger share of pics than I expected seemed to be focused on Kagami (who really isn't supposed to be the 'sexy' or 'moe' one relative to her sister, Miyuki, or Konata). Maybe the fresh-face girl-next-door cute-when-she-blushes look is getting an uptic here
I think it's because she and Konata are rather rare (but nevertheless very irresistible) character types. Konata being one is a bygone conclusion (long-haired short intelligent-but-not-studious otaku with a sleepy demeanor? name a main character that ever did this), but Kagami is a recurring but still very rare type. She is the Kyon of all this, the morally stiff "straight one" who displays sudden bursts of emotion, showing that the stiffness hides a lot of inner enthusiasm. So far, the main characters that display this are rare and all very likable (i.e. Chika Itoh of Ichigo Mashimaro and Haruhi Fujioka of Ouran). She's not physically moé, but is in an emotional sense, and I guess when done and delivered correctly it's a much more powerful type of kawaii.

[By typing this I just realized why I like her, Chika, and Haruhi so much. XD]

Or it's probably because she seems like she would be perfect with Konata yet the story would probably never make a mention of this.
Old 2007-05-04, 18:49   Link #277
leofish
Mia 'cova

konota on your desktop :O! ver1

inspired by the yuki/haruhi macfaces, I put together a quick "desktop buddy" konota, right now all she does is change between 3 different faces :3 but konota on your desktop :O!

The actual file is flash converted to a standalone exe(using mProjector) that sits in your system tray, so no clutter on the taskbar.

picture:

rapideshare: http://rs114l3.rapidshare.com/cgi-bi...95841363599724

or on DeviantArt: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/54648089/

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~
leofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 18:53   Link #278
Gensing
What's a desu?

Decided to give tracing a try..

First trace ever and I think it came out decent XD

Rissa >> love the icons!

Last edited by Gensing; 2009-03-14 at 23:55.
Gensing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 18:53   Link #279
Fixen
ZnT Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leofish View Post
konota on your desktop :O! ver1

inspired by the yuki/haruhi macfaces, I put together a quick "desktop buddy" konota, right now all she does is change between 3 different faces :3 but konota on your desktop :O!

The actual file is flash converted to a standalone exe(using mProjector) that sits in your system tray, so no clutter on the taskbar.

picture:
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6...pkonotabi3.jpg

rapideshare: http://rs114l3.rapidshare.com/cgi-bi...95841363599724

or on DeviantArt: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/54648089/

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~
If only she can notice whether you're winning in a game or not... XD
Old 2007-05-04, 19:09   Link #280
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gensing View Post
Decided to give tracing a try..

First trace ever and I think it came out decent XD
Very nice!

A million times better than my first try.

You also get a cookie as a welcoming gift to the wonderful world of traces and vectors.

Tags
images