AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2007-11-24, 01:43   Link #101
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
College Football Gone Wild!

Anyone who has watched and kept track of College Football is really think for themselves that this season is far by N U T S!
Spoiler for ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST:

If you're an LSU Fan, don't ever try to come by this thread, this proves everything that this season's College Football shows, it's all out battle now for any team any Conferences will play a big role and how the BCS will play. Well the remaining four teams have to make their case tomorrow, but both them are facing each other tomorrow night and the other has to finish the season by the next two games and make thier statement and as for other, they must hope that rest can lose ground in those games. Dangit man, come one College Football back to the ground of this thread.
Old 2007-11-24, 05:24   Link #102
pyro_dragun
No Dodgy

I was so happy when LSU lost. That's cause I hate Les Miles cause he talks trash about USC, which is where I go to school. Hopefully our team will luck out and end up in the Rose Bowl.
pyro_dragun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 04:45   Link #103
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Back to NFL:

Philadelphia Eagles - 28
New England Patriots - 31

Wow, did Brady struggle or is Philadelphia that good?
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 14:14   Link #104
Samari
World's Greatest

For those of you that don't know, Redskins safety Sean Taylor was killed after being shot yesterday. May he rest in peace.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 16:03   Link #105
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Breaking News: Redskins Safety Sean Taylor Dies at 24!

It's sad to see a good player and as a person who's trying make a turn around for himself from all his wrong doings and I'm not a Redskins fan. But really he was great player on the field and love his daughter so much, that's really changed what he really, from his players say, But it just tough for his family and Redskins team, for sudden tragic. The most tragic is that his close one year old daughter will be wondering who was her father, but I'm hoping that she would remember him with an image.!

Great player on the field and a man to become who wants makes things right.
So much tragic violence in this world!

More on this story:

http://www.nfl.com
Old 2007-11-27, 23:25   Link #106
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Damn dude forgot about this thread...

Yeah the thing with Taylor hurt me to my heart...To be shot where he was shot, my god...Just a truley tragic situation...
Old 2007-12-03, 05:07   Link #107
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Anyone who has watched and kept track of College Football is really think for themselves that this season is far by N U T S!
Spoiler for ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST:

If you're an LSU Fan, don't ever try to come by this thread, this proves everything that this season's College Football shows, it's all out battle now for any team any Conferences will play a big role and how the BCS will play. Well the remaining four teams have to make their case tomorrow, but both them are facing each other tomorrow night and the other has to finish the season by the next two games and make thier statement and as for other, they must hope that rest can lose ground in those games. Dangit man, come one College Football back to the ground of this thread.
With the major batch of upsets this Saturday, LSU is back... and is officially in the BCS Championship game.

Notable Bowl Games

Papajohns.com Bowl - Dec 21
Southern Miss vs. #22 Cincinnati

Pioneer Las Vegas Bowl - Dec 22
UCLA vs. #17 BYU

Sheraton Hawaii Bowl - Dec 23
East Carolina vs. #24 Boise State

Pacific Life Holiday Bowl - Dec 27
#19 Texas vs. #11 Arizona State

Champs Sports Bowl - Dec 28
Michigan State vs. #14 Boston College

Meineke Car Care Bowl - Dec 29
Wake Forest vs. #25 UConn

Brut Sun Bowl - Dec 31
Oregon vs. #21 South Florida

Chick-Fil-A Bowl - Dec 31
#23 Auburn vs. #15 Clemson

Outback Bowl - Jan 1
#18 Wisconsin vs. #16 Tennessee

AT&T Cotton Bowl - Jan 1
Arkansas vs. #6 Missouri

Gator Bowl - Jan 1
Texas Tech vs. #20 Virginia

Capital One Bowl - Jan 1
Michigan vs. #12 Florida

BCS Bowl Games:

Rose Bowl presented by Citi - Jan 1
#13 Illinois vs. #7 USC

Allstate Sugar Bowl - Jan 1
#10 Hawaii vs. #5 Georgia

Tostitos Fiesta Bowl - Jan 2
#9 West Virginia vs. #4 Oklahoma

FedEx Orange Bowl - Jan 3
#8 Kansas vs. #3 Virginia Tech

Allstate BCS Championship Game - Jan 8
#2 LSU vs. #1 Ohio State
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 10:07   Link #108
Samari
World's Greatest

New England almost got beat again. The victory was basically handed to them by the Ravens. If that timeout wasn't called by the Balitmore coaching staff, New England would have lost. Oh well.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2007-12-04, 12:10   Link #109
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

That's the second or third time this season I've seen one of these late timeout calls come back to bite the coach. Earlier in this season (might have been an NCAA game), the coach called a TO right as the kicker attempted a field goal. The kicker missed, but the TO was awarded. Of course, the kicker nailed the field goal on his second try.

You have to admit, NE plays 60 minutes of football in games like this one and the Philly game. In both games Brady & Co. exuded confidence about their chances of winning even when behind.

I suspect Miami was the beneficiary of a few lucky events along the way to its undefeated season, too. I doubt any team could go undefeated without a few breaks falling its way.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 04:19   Link #110
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

I think it would be cool if Tom Brady broke his arm before he broke Manning's record. Colts going to bitch smack the Pats in January anyway, NE has been exposed by bad teams... just imagine what a good team will do... like Pittsburgh later today.

12-1, I'm calling it now.
Old 2007-12-09, 07:14   Link #111
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
I think it would be cool if Tom Brady broke his arm before he broke Manning's record. Colts going to bitch smack the Pats in January anyway, NE has been exposed by bad teams... just imagine what a good team will do... like Pittsburgh later today.

It's never cool to wish injury upon a player. Why would you even say something like that? Just because they're having a lot of success?

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2007-12-10, 13:33   Link #112
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post

Oh yes, I wholeheartedly agree. After all, the Steelers' victory was guaranteed!

Old 2007-12-10, 15:20   Link #113
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Yesterday was the first time I've attended a Pats game since 1966. That's before most of you were born. We were up in the nose-bleed seats at the top of the stadium, and while it was interesting to attend in person, I think I'd prefer my nice warm living room with a few friends than shiverring with 70,000+ screaming fans and blasted by a PA system that could be the loudest I've ever heard. The in-stadium ads for Fidelity Investments during timeouts were absolutely the loudest ads I've ever heard in my life, louder even than the rock music they play to fill time.

Oh, yes, I almost forgot, we won, and Brady didn't break his arm. (BTW, Obi-Wan, I'm not a big Peyton fan, but I'd never wish that he get injured. Besides, what little I watched of the Indy-Ravens game tells me we'll be meeting them again in a few weeks. Don't you want Brady to be there, too?)
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 22:25   Link #114
Demongod86

I don't think anyone *wants* Brady being there because Brady being there means your team will get stomped. Especially with the Colts being so injury-plagued.

Frankly I hope the Pats just stomp all over the AFC east and take the Super Bowl now that Philly's out of the running...Brady's just too cool not to take it and the way he makes the team run is just phenomenal.
Old 2007-12-19, 04:31   Link #115
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
I don't think anyone *wants* Brady being there because Brady being there means your team will get stomped. Especially with the Colts being so injury-plagued.
Right, because the Colts being injury plagued has definitely sent them back to the stone age. They're not the team they used to be. Peyton can't find the end zone without Marvin. The line is giving up 10 sacks a game, Peyton's pocket presence really sucks because opponents pass rushers are getting to him in a split second. The line can't make big enough holes for Joseph Addai, he'll never replace Edgerrin James or make the Pro Bowl.

Oh wait, none of that happened.
Old 2007-12-23, 12:39   Link #116
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I suspect Miami was the beneficiary of a few lucky events along the way to its undefeated season, too. I doubt any team could go undefeated without a few breaks falling its way.
Wouldn't it be great if Miami finishes the season 3-13. If that scenario to be entertained then....... Oh, look... the Dolphins are playing the Pats today. wheeeeeeeee~
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 00:48   Link #117
Demongod86

SIXTEEN-OH!

On another note, Tom Brady = real living proof of GAR.
Old 2007-12-31, 02:53   Link #118
solomon

Yea Redskins actually won against cowboys! They can't go all the way though but still YEA!

Also I bet a lot of yous did watch that fabled 16-0 game huh? It was on 3 networks I hear? Jesus what fame, what spectacle, what advertising revenue!
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 00:39   Link #119
Demongod86

What do you expect? It's Tom Brady! It doesn't matter WHAT team you root for. That man is like Michael Jordan. He's just that amazing and fun to watch.
Old 2008-01-01, 02:01   Link #120
rimaa

What Micheal Jordan did to the game of basketball is incomparable to what Tom Brady did to football IMO.

On another note, First Round Playoffs we have:
1)Steelers v Jags
2)Chargers v Titans
3)Seahawks v Redskins
4)Bucks v Giants

lets get our predictions in....ima go with...
1) Jags 2)Chargers 3)Seahawks 4)Giants
rimaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports