Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for movie:
Huh. Just an hour then?
Old 2018-12-18, 13:29   Link #6523
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Where can I watch the movie subbed? I still haven't watched it.

Anyway, according to the DBS anime, "LSSJ" is just the true form of a Saiyan. According to actual canon, the Legendary Super Saiyan was Yamoshi, the first Super Saiyan. In his interview where he mentioned the S Cells, Toriyama said that the Super Saiyan transformation became the stuff of legends after Yamoshi's time because after Yamoshi, no other Saiyan was able to become a Super Saiyan. Not until Goku pulled it off on Old Namek. And when Goku transformed, he said that the Super Saiyan is a legendary warrior with a pure heart awoken by rage (though now we know that getting angry isn't the only way).

So yeah, the LSSJ form being called as such is a movie-only thing. That name for it is not canon. In canon, that form is just the Saiyans' true form. And Goku and the others have already seen Kale in that form, though I still don't get how the guys who made the movie didn't have them react to seeing Broly in that form at all. They should've at least had them acknowledge it.
For the most part of the movie I have seen, Broly himself is hinted as the LSSJ, but is not because he have a transformation called LSSJ as the old Broly, the transformation as the LSSJ was removed of the plot, instead Broly himself is the LSSJ means a SSJ higher that the rest of the SSJ, but not the one.

We know Yamoshi transformed in SSJ, but probably only turn in normal SSJ and as he was the one the was named as LSSJ, and if something teach the series is that with much much much much much much much much much training, normals Saiyans can reach SSJ and with tricks even God and Blue. However, Broly itself being the LSSJ the Saiyan with the legendary power above others Saiyan, can hold a battle with Blue without a true SSJ state. For that the former form LSSJ is not here and instead is only the SSJ1 with the power of Broly and for that the appearance.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-18, 19:32   Link #6524
Chosen_Hero

The spoiler I read from the movie kind of explains Brolys' power:

Spoiler for Brolys' power:
Old 2018-12-19, 12:17   Link #6525
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
The spoiler I read from the movie kind of explains Brolys' power:

Spoiler for Brolys' power:
Spoiler for Broly:
Old 2018-12-22, 13:52   Link #6526
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@alex_adrian: Broly has the form that was called LSSJ in the old Broly movies, it's just that it's not called LSSJ in canon. And yes, the one who should be called the LSSJ is Yamoshi.

@Kanon: I don't get why Kale wasn't referenced either.
Old 2018-12-23, 08:40   Link #6527
ThorPL123
King of Harem

New info from Vegeta's italian voice actor

(i assume that it's English translation made by him)

Hi guys! I have to disconfirm what wrongly was interpreted internationally about a new DB series. I know absolutely nothing! Only rumors I talked about in a Everyeye interview.
Rumors and voices, only that, without any confermation.
A big hug to all over the world DB fans.

I wonder if it's because Toei learned about this interview and intervened.

English dub of 3rd Trailer

It's quite badly edited, and Goku forgot about Kale
Old 2018-12-31, 09:19   Link #6528
ThorPL123
King of Harem

Broly movie is dooing quite good at box office(if Kanzenshuu is right tho.)

Some info from Herms

This month's V-Jump explains about the Grand Kaioshin (aka Dai-Kaioshin, Grand Supreme Kai, etc) and Buu's history of absorbing people. Notably, this describes Buu-han as "on par" with SS3 Goku. (Pictures thanks to @MsDBZbabe)

other quotes from Herms

Quote:
Also, this describes Buu as Bibidi's creation. "No duh", I hear you say, but Toriyama did claim in a Q&A that despite Shin's original explanation, Buu has existed "since time immemorial" and Bibidi merely awakened him
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translatio...buu-mysteries/

Quote:
Anyway, like that Vegetto/Gogeta stuff (both from earlier this month and the 90s), this is material from an official Shueisha publication, but it's not attributed to Toriyama, so odds are he wasn't involved in writing it. Up to you to decide how canon that makes it.
Old 2018-12-31, 09:36   Link #6529
Hakai

Old 2018-12-31, 09:45   Link #6530
Lex79

here in Italy the movie comes in theaters at the end of February...another two months of wait...I binge watched Super and I'm playing FighterZ to prepare myself.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-31, 09:51   Link #6531
Chosen_Hero

At this point it is like they think fans are stupid or something.
Old 2018-12-31, 09:52   Link #6532
ThorPL123
King of Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakai View Post
Well, that's true about power levels tho.

I will share with you with scene from Polish dub of DBS(i wanted to do it earlier, but forgot about it).

Polish dubbing(it started running in October 2018) of SSBKKx10 vs Hit

It's seems(translation and voices) that Polish version is mix of Japanese (For example according to Director of Polish dub, Polish Goku voice actor is supposed to be Polish version of Nozawa) and English dub(Vegeta seems to be styled on English dub).
It's worse(probably because they rushed it, we're already at 75 episode now) than Japanese or English(i won't compare it to other dubs tho like Italian or Spanish etc.)But it's not bad as some say, i didn't expected to see Dragon Ball dubbed in my language.( only some movies were dubbed IIRC) It's weird, especially that we don't have DBS: Broly premiere in our cinemas.

Last edited by ThorPL123; 2018-12-31 at 10:13.
ThorPL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-17, 21:51   Link #6533
Galaxian

Good movie, but you can easily see where the script was hacked to fit the runtime.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-11, 07:48   Link #6534
RDNexus

I'm now finally picking up the movie.

@Galaxian, could you give me an idea where you think the script got hacked?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-11, 10:48   Link #6535
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorPL123 View Post
It's quite badly edited, and Goku forgot about Kale
When you are facing the real thing you too would forget about the horrible Broly clone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
I'm now finally picking up the movie.

@Galaxian, could you give me an idea where you think the script got hacked?
Probably the part where they cut out the Bardock content.
Old 2019-02-17, 16:21   Link #6536
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So great movie. It had a more elaborate plot, visuals, and soundtrack. I really liked the new take on Broly and how he gets into fights against everybody. Frieza felt like he was better used based on the chaos he makes in the story. The scene in which Frieza kills Paragus and make Broly go Super Saiyan felt like the best dark joke ever causing also a big impact it had.

However, if I were to criticize something is that the movie feels so much about Broly, making Goku and Vegeta unnecessary. They are here just for fanservice and make another fusion taken from another film. Broly's characterization is better but it feels like the writers wanted to make it obvious who should we root for. Even if Paragus was abusive with him, Broly was still dangerous and the fact that Broly still loved the his father considering his anger. However, Gogeta lets Frieza escape like nothing while Broly has little resolution. It's like Toriyama is afraid of resolution considering how Frieza turned into a normal villain due to how he keeps killing people and raising an army. Sure Broly beating up Frieza was catharsis factor but it didn't end him.

It's like Toriyama is still recycling ideas because he is afraid of the franchise losing its popularity. Super already recycled the idea of Gohan stopping training to become a good family man and then going back to train for the Tournament of Power.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-17, 19:14   Link #6537
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, the movie is called "Broly" so it makes sense for it to be about him. The trailers talking about how three destinies would clash and whatnot feel like false advertisement though. Broly didn't care about Vegeta (he only attacked him because his father ordered him too) and Vegeta didn't really give a damn either. As for Goku, it was just another fight against a strong opponent for him.
Old 2019-02-17, 20:39   Link #6538
Chosen_Hero

^^Broly WAS the main character of the movie, so of course it's going to focus more on him than the two characters who have multiple series focusing on them.
Old 2019-03-07, 06:18   Link #6539
Idealist 99

Do we talk about Dragonball heroes anime here or need to make a different thread?
Old 2019-03-07, 12:33   Link #6540
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
Do we talk about Dragonball heroes anime here or need to make a different thread?
I think a thread was made when the series was announced. Should still be in the upcoming section.

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy