AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ogata Rizu 9 6.25%
Furuhashi Fumino 38 26.39%
Takemoto Uruka 16 11.11%
Kirisu Mafuyu (Sensei) 70 48.61%
Kominami Asumi (Senpai) 8 5.56%
Sekijou Sawako 2 1.39%
Umihara (Uruka's Friend -Short Hair-) 0 0%
Kawase (Uruka's Friend -Long Hair-) 0 0%
Others 1 0.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-06-14, 11:03   Link #81
sayf82

i'm wondering if Rizu was more agitated by the rumor of a girlfriend(not her) or the kiss(her)?
sayf82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-14, 14:18   Link #82
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
I smell drama... I'm pretty sure Fumino is eventually gonna end up falling for Yuiga herself. I'm honestly interested to see how that's gonna happen, and if it does not happen, I'd be surprised but I would welcome it all the same.

Yep, I'm afraid that's what is going to happen eventually, but I would be really really happy if it isn't. IMO this stories need a supporting character who for once doesn't fall in love with the MC. Every story needs a Ruri
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-14, 15:25   Link #83
Tenzen12

Wait! Which Ruri? I can think two, but both of them fallen for MC...
Old 2017-06-14, 15:47   Link #84
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Nisekoi's
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-14, 15:53   Link #85
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^Nisekoi's

Yeps, best Ruri out there
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 01:33   Link #86
Tenzen12

Oh right there was someone like that. I dropped Nisekoi long ago (even before KNIM) so my memories are more than just vague...
Old 2017-06-20, 22:22   Link #87
The One Above God
Kamijou

Uruka's getting a lot of development. She's pretty much the main heroine right now. It looks like Rizu would be getting some next chapter though, so the scales might tip in her favor once more. Fumino, on the other hand, is still out. I'm still holding on the possibility of her joining in anyway, maybe at the chapter after next week's.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-21, 07:59   Link #88
Tenzen12

Once more you say, but were they ever tipped in her favor since Uruka was introduced? I did though author might tone down Uruka role, but it feels like she is getting even further ahead to the point that even as hee supporter I am getting worried if it's not too good to be true.
Old 2017-06-21, 08:22   Link #89
The One Above God
Kamijou

^I think the kiss with Rizu is a pretty big plus for her. The recent Uruka chapters made her catch up quite easily though, and even get ahead of Rizu.

Old 2017-06-21, 08:31   Link #90
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Rizu is the main heroine tbh

Fumino is the rival

Uruka is the pitiful heroine

I don't mind Rizu's end but I think the side heroines are more interesting
Old 2017-06-21, 08:46   Link #91
Tenzen12

And what lead you to that conclusion? You know that first girl rule doesn't apply there, don't you? If something it's pretty became pretty big disadvantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
^I think the kiss with Rizu is a pretty big plus for her. The recent Uruka chapters made her catch up quite easily though, and even get ahead of Rizu.
Well, she did get some points there, though it gave me impression of having much greater effect on Rizu than Yuiga. Because these incidents he starting see her as attractive member of opposite sex, but still not necessarily as love interest.

In Uruka case, she actually slowly but persistently manage deliver her feelings through his thick skull . Him getting jelly indicate not just just awareness, but also interest IMHO.
Old 2017-06-21, 09:10   Link #92
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Uruka will never win

I've seen too many of these to know where this is gonna end

She's the 3rd girl
She's not there in the inception of this manga

All winning girl in the history of manga always appear in the first 3 chapters
Old 2017-06-21, 09:37   Link #93
The One Above God
Kamijou

^There could be an upset, you know? Which would be refreshing . Though, honestly, I don't mind any of them winning. If I had to pick, then it will be someone out of the "student-tutor" circle, which only leaves Kirisu-sensei and Sekijou, but that's mostly from my weird desire to see an end pairing with the girl not included in the "main heroines" group, which I've never actually seen anywhere.

Old 2017-06-21, 10:07   Link #94
Tenzen12

I watching/reading anime/manga over 15 years and yes I know now it usually ends. And no it's nothing definite.

Anyway in Kaminomi Chihiro was what, 10th girl? What about Negima? Chisame got barely any page time for like first hundred chapter or so? Never finished Shuffle but there was also supposed be major upset.

Well in first place Fumino might not end as love interest in first place which would make Uruka second girl. Not saying that's what will happen, but you do make lot of assumptions here.
Old 2017-06-21, 10:38   Link #95
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Chihiro and Chisame were already there since the beginning though only as minor characters
Shuffle's Asa and Mashiroiro's Miu, those are from eroge so all heroines are main heroines in the first place

Uruka just came out of nowhere just like another heroine in Yuragi sou
And usually heroines whose default is already in love with MC won't win

^^Sekijou & Kirisu > all
Old 2017-06-21, 11:04   Link #96
Tenzen12

She came from nowhere alright, but hardly like "just another heroine". And yes maybe girls that are in love with MC as default usually doesn't win, but she is winning pretty decisively right now already which is unusual in first place. If it doesn't follow usual formula now, why you think it will later?

And as you said Chihiro did happen appear in chapter three, but let's be honest it would change nothing if it was fourth one instead as there were zero plans for her at that time anyway. Her winning is unrelated to chapter count. Same for Chisame. You are speaking about what happens usually but choosing side characters over main heroines is much more unusual. And of course we have there adaptations of LN, like Kampfer where winning girl doesn't appear until ...like episode five? Should I present more examples from LN territory?

In anime related medias and story telling in general there there are no absolute rules. That's why you have to inspect every work by it's own merit, because there will always one or two ready throw curve ball at you . If you don't know that much, it means you didn't read/watch enough stuff yet.
Old 2017-06-21, 11:16   Link #97
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^There are curve balls, but let's face it, series that breaks from the norm is less than 10%
If you don't know that much, it means you didn't read/watch enough stuff yet.
Especially in today's formulaic series

As of now, I can't see this one will be another one

Recent series that probably will have a twist is Masamune with Maid End

Tbh no hope for Yuragi sou
Will be Yuuna End, Obscure Harem End, or at most Sagiri End
Old 2017-06-21, 11:30   Link #98
Tenzen12

Much less than 10%. And honestly from jow much relevance and page-time Uruka gets this manga is on best way to become member of that extremely exclusive club.
Old 2017-06-21, 11:31   Link #99
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^I'd be happy if it turns like that

Coz hey, we almost never get a winning sporty girl except in exclusive sport themed series lol
Old 2017-06-21, 11:46   Link #100
Tenzen12

Hmm, you are right I can't remember any sports girl winning either.

Well as I said while It's true it goes in good and unusual direction it's so smooth it feels like might go wrong somehow soon. Though I can't imagine what kind of trump card would allow Rizu catch up at this point.

Tags
alternate endings, harem, harem?, high school, main heroine bias, no main heroine, omnibus, romantic comedy, romcom, shuraba