AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-11-11, 14:50   Link #81
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I feel like Chris and Hannah may have had this potential secret romance going between the popular guy and the outcast girl. Also, why did Hannah have an eyepatch ?
I was wondering about that too. A simple answer might be that the writers/character designers wanted a way to put her in the "shunned for her looks" group without making her too unattractive or overlapping with the "before" look of the girl who used Anthem to improve her appearance. A more complicated answer... would require her to appear again under different circumstances for any serious speculation.

Edit: They might also have been hinting at bullying, though that looked like an all-the-time eye patch rather than something just for a minor injury, so that'd be some serious bullying.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-11, 19:21   Link #82
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Given that the show obviously isn't set in Japan, there's nothing surprising about the high school being based on a western one. Incidentally, I always saw proms as being typically American, but that may just be me being ignorant.
Old 2018-11-11, 19:38   Link #83
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Given that the show obviously isn't set in Japan, there's nothing surprising about the high school being based on a western one. Incidentally, I always saw proms as being typically American, but that may just be me being ignorant.
I don't thinks so. There was a question on Yahoo for which the answer was "No,Japanese high schoolers don't have prom night." Apparently, their big thing is the school trip.
Old 2018-11-11, 20:18   Link #84
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I don't thinks so. There was a question on Yahoo for which the answer was "No,Japanese high schoolers don't have prom night." Apparently, their big thing is the school trip.
Huh, I would've thought it would be the school festival...
Old 2018-11-11, 21:28   Link #85
Alhazred

Quote:
Huh, I would've thought it would be the school festival...
I think the difference is that most students participate in multiple cultural festivals and sports meets during high school, but the school trip generally only happens once.

Edit: actually, here's an article explaining it - https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ans...5-12-30/.97016
Old 2018-11-11, 21:46   Link #86
drawr

That was the first time I've seen a prom brought up in anime. Although everyone calls it "dance party". Maxine's backstory was interesting(and rather sad), I don't really like the buzzcut look before but it's growing on me with her and Kirill. I like that Yuri is a down to earth android without being kuudere/some kind of exaggerated personality that can't function around people like a lot of animebots.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 03:10   Link #87
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Basically a takeoff on 21 Jump Street.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 07:19   Link #88
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

did one of the male students is trying to ask out Kirill?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 15:07   Link #89
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faux Mecha View Post
Are we really surprised? He looks more traditionally feminine then Max does .
Old 2018-11-12, 16:53   Link #90
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faux Mecha View Post
That's nothing, in Akatsuki no Yona Yoon was getting marriage proposals from pirates...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 18:17   Link #91
Alhazred

Quote:
Are we really surprised? He looks more traditionally feminine then Max does .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That's nothing, in Akatsuki no Yona Yoon was getting marriage proposals from pirates...
It might be more like, with the anticlimactic reveal regarding Valery it may have felt to some viewers like a "punchline" had finally been delivered on the running joke that Kirill always gets mistaken for a woman. That it keeps coming up could just be the writers being mindful of consistency- or it might be that it will actually be used as a plot device at some point.
Old 2018-11-12, 19:14   Link #92
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I liked that Kirill went "not this shit again" when the student started hitting on him. He himself is starting to get tired of this running gag.
Old 2018-11-14, 09:54   Link #93
azarhal

Another episode that makes me wish Travis's Angels were the protags instead of Doug and Kirill. It's not that I don't like Doug and Kirill, but the girls just have more "spark".

Also, is it me or Connor has T&B Jake's haircut?

Quote:
So Max's crush in high school turned out be either transgender or someone who likes to dress in girls clothing, which is why she started to style herself as more of a Butch woman to match him and it stuck. I guess in light of the subtext of her relationship with Yuri that she's bisexual? Although I don't get the sense the show will really dive into her sexuality with how low-key they're depicting her relationship with Yuri...
Subtext? The ending frame is not subtext.

Also, Travis tried to asked Max how it was going with Yuri at the end of the episode before Kirill interrupted.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 04:40   Link #94
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I still find the comedy a bit of mixed bag (especially when the narrator is involved) but i do like how the story has gotten progressively more serious and "Police Procedural". I have to say, the exposition can be better though. That's two episodes now where they just shove the exposition about a characters backstory all at the end in such a forced manner. That whole transgender thing came so out of left field I barely had time to register it.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 17:21   Link #95
Frontier

It was nice to see the entire Seven-O team in action together and all sporting their team jacket's (except Doug) .

Poor Apple Bieber. Everyone seems to just assume his technology is going to be used to perv on people .

I thought the people surrounding Zabel were the elite of Esperanza, but here they came off more like his mooks. Do they even have names? I kind of want to know the hot dark-haired lady's name .

It seems like Kirill is really growing as a character here, actually coming up with a plan to save Doug that the entire group could get behind and support, and then managing to pull it off. He may still be an idiot, but he's growing as an officer .

I love how honest and blunt Doug can be. In the same sentence where he thanks Kirill for saving him he also confirms he would never have even tried to save him if the situation had been reversed .

Who could have expected Kirill's engrish catchphrase would prove plot relevant? It turns out that drunk's ramblings might have been more accurate then we knew .
Old 2018-11-18, 17:30   Link #96
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Who could have expected Kirill's engrish catchphrase would prove plot relevant? It turns out that drunk's ramblings might have been more accurate then we knew .
Even more unexpected: his catchphrase makes more sense than the long, "correct" version.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 17:48   Link #97
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Even more unexpected: his catchphrase makes more sense than the long, "correct" version.
That was irritating, since the addition of two words and one "s" would have made it proper English.
Old 2018-11-18, 19:12   Link #98
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It really doesn't feel like there are only four episodes left. There are so many things left to explain and deal with. Maybe it's actually split cour?

Quote:
Poor Apple Bieber. Everyone seems to just assume his technology is going to be used to perv on people .
Wasn't it implied that he did in fact peek on Deana near the end of the episode? That was how I interpreted his reaction when she told him even though his system turned out to be useful this time, he better get rid of it.

And yeah, didn't expect Kirill's catchphrase to be relevant to the plot.
Old 2018-11-18, 19:15   Link #99
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It really doesn't feel like there are only four episodes left. There are so many things left to explain and deal with. Maybe it's actually split cour?
Sunrise usually does longer shows, right? I wouldn't be surprised if this is a split-cour, kind of like Active Raid.
Quote:
Wasn't it implied that he did in fact peek on Deana near the end of the episode? That was how I interpreted his reaction when she told him even though his system turned out to be useful this time, he better get rid of it.
I thought he just lost his composure because she finally called him "doctor" .
Old 2018-11-19, 07:44   Link #100
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

i hope we see more of those roller-skates and jet-pack, they seem kind of useful and made Kirill look like a gimmicky action figure.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
detectives, police, super hero