I found this elsewhere and had to share :
Spoiler for Episode Spoilers:
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-29, 12:20   Link #562
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Probably more than 3 months, since near the beginning of their stay, Zenitsu was complaining that he would have to take the medicine for that long to recover his limbs back to their original size.

At minimum, they took a month for their training. From the various timeskips mentioned in the manga:

- Tanjirou losing to Kanao before Zenitsu and Inosuke give up (5 days)
- Tanjirou losing even more to Kanao (10 days)
- Total Concentration Breathing mentioned, Tanjirou breaks his first gourd (10 days)
- Zenitsu and Inosuke mastering Total Concentration Breathing (9 days)

Also for the record, it was never explicitly shown in the manga that they caught up to Kanao, only that they mastered the Total Concentration Breathing which was a basic prerequisite that could be done by all Pillars + Kanao. Mastering the breathing technique doesn't necessarily mean that they're even with her yet.

After Tanjirou's first victory, the manga didn't show any more exercises, so the even 10win/10loss score was anime original.
Thanks for the break down. It feels pretty fast, and if the technique can be learned that fast, I wonder why Tanjiro and Zenitsu, who both trained under Pillars as well (albeit not active ones), never got to learn it. Even if they didn't have time, their masters could have at least given them the tip.

Even if it's original, would the anime include Tanjiro and Kanao being even if that's not actually the case though?
Old 2019-09-29, 13:10   Link #563
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Some thoughts:

Female Muzan is hot. I have no idea if it's a disguise, shape shifting or whatever. I may be having a thing for women in black kimonos lol.

Looks like both sides are having the same problem. The Hashira meeting talked about how the new recruits are too weak that of those that make it through the final selection only another handful are alive year after year, then Muzan this time said that the upper ranks hasn't changed and the lower ranks have been replaced repeatedly in the last hundred years.

The demon slayers are at a disadvantage though, their soldiers age, but the demons are still at the same fighting power even centuries after

Muzan's eyes and Nezuko's are the same, the type of demon that retained their human thoughts and emotions I guess? I don't know if this has been pointed out before.

I thought that Kanao backstory episode was already nice, but this scene with her was even nicer. I guess she's going to be the mother of the kid that Tanjiro's going to teach the fire dance to eh?

I almost forgot about that other guy from the final selection, Tanjiro didn't finish his thought on how he smelled, but we can all see it from the OP and his appearance. I would've liked to see what his technique was though.

I hope they turn down Zenitsu's annoying qualities from this point on. I know it's for comic relief but he should seriously consider that advice about being considerate to girls

If only all the other adaptations are as polished as this
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-29, 13:26   Link #564
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Thanks for the break down. It feels pretty fast, and if the technique can be learned that fast, I wonder why Tanjiro and Zenitsu, who both trained under Pillars as well (albeit not active ones), never got to learn it. Even if they didn't have time, their masters could have at least given them the tip.
That would be like teaching someone how to run or ride a bike before they knew how to walk.

Tanjirou only trained under Urokodaki before he became an official Demon Slayer. It wouldn't really make sense to set the bar that high, especially when becoming a Pillar was never something he had in mind in the first place.

In Zenitsu's case, he had his hands full just trying to master Thunder Breathing. Keep in mind that he never really did, since he can still only use the First Form.

Quote:
Even if it's original, would the anime include Tanjiro and Kanao being even if that's not actually the case though?
The logic behind it is that they have to be continuously training during their stay there until they fully recover, not just calling it quits after their first victory. Therefore, ufotable has to present something that shows they have been improving, not just stagnating during their remaining time there.

However, it's also important to note that even if their physical stamina and reflexes reach a Pillar's level, it doesn't mean their full abilities do, since each of the Pillars are masters of their respective sword Techniques in addition to maintaining Total Concentration Breathing. For example, Giyuu had one more Water Breathing form than Tanjirou does.
Could you definitively say that Tanjirou, with his base Water Breathing or his newly learned Hinokami Kagura match whatever Kanao or the Pillars have right now?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-29, 15:12   Link #565
Dark Wing

Muzan is Evil and I mean Diabolically Evil. he kills half of his subordinates because one of them failed and that was the straw for him. Also yes I'll still be referring to Muzan as male because all the lower moons referred to him as a male even if he makes a good looking woman...

So next story arc is going to be adapted into a film? must be sort arc then. I do hope Ufotable dose go back to an actually seasonal episode run afterwards because there is so much to cover I don't think movie for every arc.
Old 2019-09-30, 10:20   Link #566
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
That would be like teaching someone how to run or ride a bike before they knew how to walk.

Tanjirou only trained under Urokodaki before he became an official Demon Slayer. It wouldn't really make sense to set the bar that high, especially when becoming a Pillar was never something he had in mind in the first place.

In Zenitsu's case, he had his hands full just trying to master Thunder Breathing. Keep in mind that he never really did, since he can still only use the First Form.

The logic behind it is that they have to be continuously training during their stay there until they fully recover, not just calling it quits after their first victory. Therefore, ufotable has to present something that shows they have been improving, not just stagnating during their remaining time there.

However, it's also important to note that even if their physical stamina and reflexes reach a Pillar's level, it doesn't mean their full abilities do, since each of the Pillars are masters of their respective sword Techniques in addition to maintaining Total Concentration Breathing. For example, Giyuu had one more Water Breathing form than Tanjirou does.
Could you definitively say that Tanjirou, with his base Water Breathing or his newly learned Hinokami Kagura match whatever Kanao or the Pillars have right now?
Tanjiro had fully mastered the water breathing techniques before his training ended. He could walk. I don't see why Urokodaki couldn't tell him about it after he came back from the final selection. We're talking about a technique that greatly enhances one's speed, stamina, and I'm assuming strength as well, no reason not to tell him about it. He would have had to of course give him the proper warnings to prevent him from overdoing it and injuring himself. It's kind of a moot debate since Tanjiro would have had no time to train anyway so it's not like getting that advice earlier would have helped him much, but it feels kind of out of character for Urokodaki not to say a word about it when he treasures his students so much. I suppose a possible explanation is that he knew Tanjiro would be too eager to master the technique quickly and it would backfire and expose him to more danger. I'll just go with that.

And of course I don't think Tanjiro matches the Pillars, but Kanao? Maybe. I don't think we were even told what her rank was. Not that I remember what the ranks are. Incidentally, shouldn't the three have gotten promoted after their heroics during the previous arc?
Old 2019-09-30, 10:40   Link #567
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I just hope that Ufotable actually use clean money for Kimetsu no Yaiba, at least for the future anime projects. I seriously can't brush away this conflicting feelings watching KnY while knowing that the studio's boss practically stole money that should've been given to Tohoku earthquake victims but used it to fund the studio's operation instead.

Speaking of which, how's the development of the case? Anybody knows?
Old 2019-09-30, 20:19   Link #568
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I just hope that Ufotable actually use clean money for Kimetsu no Yaiba, at least for the future anime projects. I seriously can't brush away this conflicting feelings watching KnY while knowing that the studio's boss practically stole money that should've been given to Tohoku earthquake victims but used it to fund the studio's operation instead.

Speaking of which, how's the development of the case? Anybody knows?
Well....if the studio doesn't stay in operation lots of people lose their jobs. They shouldn't have contributed to the earthquake fund if it boiled down to company jobs vs. humanitarian aid imo. U give what u can afford to give and not more.
Old 2019-09-30, 21:10   Link #569
Shadow5YA

Quote:
And of course I don't think Tanjiro matches the Pillars, but Kanao? Maybe. I don't think we were even told what her rank was. Not that I remember what the ranks are. Incidentally, shouldn't the three have gotten promoted after their heroics during the previous arc?
I'm not sure if there are defined ranks in the most disciplined sense.

Aside from there being a clear sword "master" (the Pillars) and possible successor, the rest are probably just there.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-01, 10:04   Link #570
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I'm not sure if there are defined ranks in the most disciplined sense.

Aside from there being a clear sword "master" (the Pillars) and possible successor, the rest are probably just there.
They detailed the ranks during the final examination so they seem pretty defined to me.
Old 2019-10-05, 03:41   Link #571
zztop

Source manga volumes are selling out rapidly in Japanese bookstores ever since the anime.
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status...94005567291392
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-10, 15:57   Link #572
James Rye

Finally finished it. Great anime, no wonder it made so many viewers interested in checking out and buying the manga series.
Old 2019-11-22, 05:10   Link #573
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Finished it yesterday
Ufotable just set a standard on how to adapt manga series
Usually we expect a slightly lower quality than the original content, but this anime adaptation improved the quality a lot
I think they have set this adaptation until the end (possibly they'll adapt the rest in 2nd season) since they strongly emphasized several foreshadowing about Zenitsu and Inosuke's past
The VAs are superb.. brilliant BGM and visual as expected (or even more)

I do believe that siblings' love is a factor which attract a lot of people to watch (just like how lots of people keep saying FMA:Brotherhood is the best anime ever)
As manga reader, I never expect the huge potential from this series.. but when it got proper visual and soundtrack, Kimetsu no Yaiba could reach this level after all

looking forward for the movie... to be honest, all the arcs in anime so far are the boring one... everything will start from Infinity Train arc and so on...
can't even imagine how mindblowing the movie and 2nd season will be
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-22, 05:46   Link #574
Ernietheracefan

According from Facebook posts (mainly from Indonesia), Kamado Tanjiro to the Next Place has Adzan on it, is that true..?

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-22, 06:31   Link #575
iko_uwais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
According from Facebook posts (mainly from Indonesia), Kamado Tanjiro to the Next Place has Adzan on it, is that true..?
Yup. The song is composed by go shiina and is not played on the show itself so far, but is included in soundtrack. Hopefully ufotable will address this quickly, like noragami's production commitee did in 2015
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-23, 02:24   Link #576
Renchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
Yup. The song is composed by go shiina and is not played on the show itself so far, but is included in soundtrack. Hopefully ufotable will address this quickly, like noragami's production commitee did in 2015
They already did yesterday, basically they'll pull out the 4th BD and remove the song from the cd before returning them to the market,
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-23, 06:56   Link #577
larethian

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-27, 22:37   Link #578
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

It seems KNY got the best selling manga dethroning One Piece based on Oricon. Anime really did help a lot.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demon, shonen