AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-10, 21:09   Link #1
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Battle Athletes ReSTART!

It seems a thread has not been made yet, so

A sequel to the original Battle Athletes
Official Site:
https://daiundoukai-restart.jp/

Perhaps the one scene parodied in Sugoi Yo Masaru-san is more well know?
As shown here, the girl running on the water and stuff

----

It definitely had that good 1990s to 2000s-ish feel to the story. Good. That's what I would be looking for.
I've never watched the original, so all of this going to space thing is weird and it is also weird that seemingly no aliens exist and everyone looks like a normal human.

I'm fine with most of the episode, but I have no idea how anyone knew that girl had artificial limbs. Are there robot-joint lines that I'm not seeing or something? She looked really normal to me.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-12, 17:47   Link #2
Friday
Im shy too...

yay its open!!!!

looking forward to the rest of the series!!!!

oh..... first!!!!!
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-13, 02:32   Link #3
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

This looks different compared to the TV series. Is this more close to the OVA or manga? Still gonna watch it.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-13, 20:38   Link #4
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
This looks different compared to the TV series. Is this more close to the OVA or manga? Still gonna watch it.
I'm not sure what TV series you are referring to, as this is also a TV series, but it is a sequel to the original, it seems.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2021-04-14, 15:37   Link #5
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I'm not sure what TV series you are referring to, as this is also a TV series, but it is a sequel to the original, it seems.
The title that this series is a sequel to has two different versions: the OAV (Battle Athletes) and the TV series (Battle Athletes Victory).
Old 2021-04-14, 21:35   Link #6
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
The title that this series is a sequel to has two different versions: the OAV (Battle Athletes) and the TV series (Battle Athletes Victory).
Ohh. I'm not too sure then.

Old 2021-04-17, 08:55   Link #7
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 1:

nice start. And it looks like Kanata has befriended at least two people already. :>

_______

and 1003 looks like Akari?

Spoiler:
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-19, 12:07   Link #8
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 2:

ok, so we have 3 pimps with shades who need to die horrible deaths. And a psycho doctor who also needs to die the same horrible death as the pimps.

ok, more of the friendship thing. Shelley needs to get her prosthetics upgraded.. it's only the first game and hand gave out already.

I guess the detective knows he's dealing with a great evil after his car got bombed.
Old 2021-04-19, 22:01   Link #9
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

OK, I'm changing my mind about my previous comment about still watching this show. Episode 2 was atrociously bad. It's not fluid in any sense (we're in 2021 compared to 1997) and the drama and plotline are just not good compared to what the original TV series once was. This doesn't seem worth keeping up with and similar sentiments are also being voiced on Reddit.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-19, 23:14   Link #10
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
OK, I'm changing my mind about my previous comment about still watching this show. Episode 2 was atrociously bad. It's not fluid in any sense (we're in 2021 compared to 1997) and the drama and plotline are just not good compared to what the original TV series once was. This doesn't seem worth keeping up with and similar sentiments are also being voiced on Reddit.
Yeah, it was pretty unfortunate. The story in the first half just felt cut in the middle, and the drama in the second half was... bad, to put simply. Animation didn't really feel that much of a problem. 2021 doesn't exactly have better animation then 1997.

Old 2021-04-25, 06:13   Link #11
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 3:

really enjoying the show now. With their reasons for wanting to be Cosmo Beauty revealed..

damn, that hospital where Resphigi works, it's like a post-apocalyptic hospital! how can they save people with that kind of place. It's really a terrible situation. I thought she was just joking, but it looks real... makes me want to wish she win.

detective is gathering important clues. Unfortunately, the psycho doctor noticed him.

and lastly. It's lucky that Kanata did not see the hologram about the kidnapped girl.. if she saw that, she would be stressed and might not be able to focus on the games.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2021-04-25 at 12:00.
Old 2021-05-01, 17:00   Link #12
Alchemist007
*Author

It's been 3 episodes and if it wasn't apparent before, this directing is just lacking. This is clearly now a moe girls show - with nothing else. The old OVA had crazy characters from a pervy principal, to a competitor trying to practically kill the MC at every opportunity. Here we've got a whole lot of talking and....a kangaroo. If this was named something else I wouldn't be surprised, but this is a title I expected more from. I hope it does something, anything fun.
Old 2021-05-02, 11:52   Link #13
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 4:

nice to see Kanata having a good circle of friends.. they're still rivals in sports, but no hostility to each other.

detective always getting bombed.. this time even the drink bar got bombed.

that girl Yana met in the alley looks creepy as fuck, a real terrorist. Lydia is in danger.

looking forward to next week.
Old 2021-05-02, 18:37   Link #14
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ah yes, when you fall and blame someone else for not going out of their way to save you from your mistake.
And the facial distortions.

Old 2021-05-09, 06:42   Link #15
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 5:

some nice bonding moments between Kanata and Shelley.

good thing Paglia is their friend.. Shelley is saved.

and that man controlling Eva should pay for his crimes someday.

checked CDJapan today, sadly not much products yet. Woiuld have liked to get the op and ed song cd. Will try looking again after a few weeks.

looking forward to next week.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2021-05-09 at 06:57.
Old 2021-05-16, 03:21   Link #16
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 6:

Paglia is a genius, but she can also be dumb as bricks - why confront a madman alone? As shown here, it has terrible result for her.

looking forward to the resolution of the Yana problem, she has to stand up to that terrorist friend of hers already. Writers, please don't drag out this part for the entire season.
Old 2021-05-24, 04:59   Link #17
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 7:

did not expect Lydia to be good in hand to hand combat. Glad that Yana problem seems to have been finally resolved with this.

also got caught by surprise.. did not expect that Yucil's real target is Eva.

looking forward to next week!
this show is one of my favorites this season.
Old 2021-05-30, 05:43   Link #18
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 8:

Kanata able to win at the last moment.

also, learned some more about how Eva escaped.

that clone of Eva is brutally strong.. I hope Kanata and the others would be able to deal with it somehow.
Old 2021-06-07, 05:23   Link #19
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 9:

Eva is now a part of Kanata's group of friends. They now have a clear idea of what's going on. Also, with two adults involved.. the detective and cookie-sensei, they now have a plan.

damn, those 3 bastards making a little girl lift weights put a really bad taste in my mouth.. they should die horrible deaths or rot away in jails.
Old 2021-06-13, 06:54   Link #20
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 10:

glad that the detective and coaches arrived just in time. Thought Kanata and the others would get hurt protecting Eva. That madman doctor should suffer and die for all the things he did.

3 bastards in the chairs making a good job of making me angry, looking forward to their demise.

the Eva clone is strong, but it seems to have a limit, so maybe they could outlast it?

Tags
sports